Socket error 10054

I am running a soap webserver and client application written in Delphi 7. If
I leave the client application idle for more than a minute I get "socket
error 10054: Connection reset by peer" while using the client. Does anyone
know how to fix this?

Pier
0
Pier

> {quote:title=Pier Nardin wrote:}{quote}
> I am running a soap webserver and client application written in Delphi 7. If
> I leave the client application idle for more than a minute I get "socket
> error 10054: Connection reset by peer" while using the client. Does anyone
> know how to fix this?
>
> Pier
Our experience deals with finding that error in the Firebird Logs.

Doing research we found this:

"These errors caused by network problems - check your hubs, network adapters, etc. It is not an InterBase/Firebird error itself, but it may impact InterBase/Firebird."

An article at Borland says the same thing:
    See: http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,25340,00.html.

"Solution: Error 10054 is a winsock error for connection reset.  You can find the list of winsock errors in the winsock.h file."

"Since the InterBase/Firebird Server is up and running at the time of the problem, it's an indication that it's not an InterBase/Firebird issue but rather a network issue."

"Check the following:

    * At the time of the problem, what's the traffic load? Check for traffic loads that can flood the network. Is there anything scheduled to flood the network at certain time?
    * Check for network hardware problems such as bad switch, router, hub, etc.
    * Another possible scenario involves having more than one protocol bound to the same network card. In one case a customer had TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, and RIP for IPX bound to the same Ethernet card. When he unbound IPX/SPX and RIP for IPX from the card, the errors disappeared. "

More recent research shows that this problem can  usually be also associated to a speed mismatch between the Network Card and the switch.
We have seen that "... it is recommended to set the physical switch and Service Console to be both to "auto-negotiate."

I am sure the same applies to your web server. Hope this helps.

--
- Eduardo
In theory, there is no difference between theory

Eduardo A. Salgado
OneDomain, Inc.
eas@OneDomain.com
0
Eduardo

Delphi XE HTTP: error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer" [Edit]
Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other properties to set up apart from LifeCycle? Hi Irina, > Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. > > Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other proper...

[PAClient Error] Error: E0009 Socket Error # 10054
I'm running Windows 7 using Fusion 5 on a Macbook Pro (OSX Maveric). I have recently been able to run and debug to my iPhone and to the iOS Simulator. When returning to my projects I'm no longer able to deploy my projects. (Only changes may be some updates to Windows 7). The Connection to the PAServer is successful and deploying a test project directly from XCode also works. The deployment stops at MyProject.dSYM. In fact Delphi deploys all files except MyProject.dSYM and MyProject if unchecked in the Deployment manager. What am I missing Br Petter It turned out tha...

Socket Error #10054 error in IW Demo Project [Edit]
I'm a newbie at webapps and trying to get up to speed using IW in Delphi 2010. I've written and compiled the demo project from the Help file's Creating a New VCL for the Web Application. When I attempt to run it I get the error message Project vclwebdemo.exe raised exception class EIdSocketError with message Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer. <Later edit> I've found I get this error when trying to run any of the IW demo projects from http://iwdemos.codeplex.com/ What to do to fix this? TIA Dick Edited by: Richard Bryant on Sep 6, 2009 8:36 ...

"Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer" error in TidHTTPServer
I have been playing around with TidHTTPServer from Indy 10.5.8.0 (supplied with RAD XE2). I am not using any IO handlers, nor am I assigning a stream to Response.ContentStream. I am just returning some text back in Response.ContentText. I am Using IE 8.0 as my web browser, everything works fine until I close the browser, then I get the exception EIdSocketError "Socket Error#10054 Connection Reset By Peer." If I click on continue, the program continues to execute. The curious thing though, the exception only throws when I close the Browser with my server...

Delphi SocketServer error 10054
This question is about this message *"socket error: an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host (10054), on api 'recv'"* We have a multitier application that we created using Delphi and uses Borland Socket Server on application server. This solution is installed on several clients of ours, but with just one of them this problem happens. Not on a regular basis. The application works well oiled almost the entire time, but once a while the client part hangs... Debugging the client part I found out that this message appears before it freezes. I i...

socket error 10054 on same machine
Hi; I have a Delphi XE2 datasnap client-server application, working on lots of local netwroks an also over Internet with success. Our connections are implementing keep-alive, and in very few cases, we are getting error #10054. Normally it is because the network issues. But we found a case it happen with both, client and server, running on same machine. Does somebody know what can be the source of this problem? Thanks a lot, and best regards. Adriano. Adriano wrote: > But we found a case it happen with both, client and server, running > on same machine. Does some...

Socket error 10054 #2
Hi All I know this error has been discussed before. I couldn't find any pointers so far. I have a customer using my TIdHTTP client program. I get 10054 for only several specific GET requests. All other GET requests to the same server work fine. I tried both Indy 9 and the last Indy 10 build 10_4496 – same problem. I tried Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 – same problem. I tried different HTTP servers – same problem (other customers can use the same servers with the same client program without problems). All that leads me to believe there is something in that customer Windows/Network env...

Indy Socket error handling (10054)
Hi, here is empty execute method just running counter and showing client ip while client is connected. As test I just do connect with client, not send anything. If I do disconnect counter stops counting, and connect start counting again. But if I kill client task server show error 10054 Connection reset by peer What is correct way catch this error, tried onexecute event and other idTCPServer events. I does not come there, but stops to idStack unit on this line raise EIdSocketError.CreateError(AErr, WSTranslateSocketErrorMsg(AErr)); procedure TForm1.OnExecute(AContext: TIdCon...

Socket Error 10054 using IdTcpServer
Hello, I'm getting an exception on my onExecute method, the exact message is: "First chance exception at $7c81eb33. Exception class EIdSocketError with message 'Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer'". I'm using the ReadLn() method to capture the incoming data, and it gets an empty string, for what i've read it is consistant with the previously mentioned error. The thing is, i'm using another software to read the data that arrives on my tcp port, and i see the message i'm expecting. I don't know why i can't listen it with IdTcpSer...

IE 9 with Socket Error # 10054
Win 7 64 Ultimate + IE9 + D XE2 Enterprise Up 2. .... IntraWeb Version: 12.1.9 Build Date: nov 23, 2011 HTTP Port: 8888 --------------------- *Debugger Exception Notification* *Project ********.*** raised exception class EIdSocketError with message 'Socket Error # 10054 Connection reset by peer.* this happens only when loaded in debugger. Being outside of Delphi, did not reproduce. Trying to keep IE, some guidance? thank you. jorge wrote: > *Debugger Exception Notification* > *Project ********.*** raised exception class EIdSocketError with > message 'S...

TIdHTTP Authentication and Winsock error 10054
Hello all: I have a small program that POSTs to a web site using a TIdHTTP object (version 10). The web site uses basic authentication. If I do this: std::auto_ptr<TIdHTTP> http(new TIdHTTP(0)); http->Request->BasicAuthentication = true; http->HTTPOptions = TIdHTTPOptions() << hoInProcessAuth << hoForceEncodeParams; http->Request->Username ="username"; http->Request->Password = "password"; http->Post("URL", content.get()); then the process works fine. However, i...

winsock error 10038, not a valid socket
Trying to install an ipp printer using ie 5.5, sp1 get this error, afte clicking on "install" winsock error 10038, not a valid socket Did not find anything in KB. Joe, even if it does not exactly match your problem this seems to be a problem with httpstk. Does it load without any error ? Check this TID please for some troubleshooting steps http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10066950.htm -- Regards, Kai Reichert Novell Support Forums Sysop "Generosity. Be generous with your time, with your love, with your life. ... Be gene...

Error reading from socket error
Hi there, We're using socket server 3-tier for many years. There are 4 application servers(win2000 server), for each up to 500 connections. While error reading from socket raised, we needed to restart socket server or even win2000 server. The socket server version is 5.1.0.0 with multi cpu bug fixed. Any ideas? Thank you ...

Socket Error #10054 In IW Demo Project
I'm a newbie at webapps and trying to get up to speed using IW in Delphi 2010. I've written and compiled the demo project from the Help file's Creating a New VCL for the Web Application. When I attempt to run it I get the error message Project vclwebdemo.exe raised exception class EIdSocketError with message Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer. What to do to fix this? TIA Dick Hi Richard, > I'm a newbie at webapps and trying to get up to speed using IW in Delphi 2010. I've written and compiled the demo project from the Help file's Creating...

Web resources about - Socket error 10054 - embarcadero.delphi.winsock

AC power plugs and sockets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AC power plugs and sockets are devices that allow electrically operated equipment to be connected to the primary alternating current (AC) power ...

Ratcheting-Socket-Wrench-22156-480x360 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Free Photos – 3/8-Inch Ratcheting Socket Wrench / Chrome Socket Wrench /Repair and Fix Tool kits More photos and details about possible copyright ...

Mitch Robinson lied to Carlton about incident that left him with a broken eye socket
Mitch Robinson lied to Carlton officials when asked why he had suffered a broken eye socket during a scuffle in the early hours of Sunday morning. ...

Brisbane Broncos forward Alex Glenn facing six weeks on sideline with fractured eye socket
Wayne Bennett ranks Brisbane fullbacks as Justin Hodges injury leaves Broncos with fifth choice rookie

ConnectSense Smart Outlet lets Siri control two HomeKit Wi-Fi wall sockets, USB charge iPads
... of iPhone , iPad , and IPod Touch . What do you think? Discuss "ConnectSense Smart Outlet lets Siri control two HomeKit Wi-Fi wall sockets, ...

ASRock Rack Announces EP2C612D24 and 4L: Dual Socket Haswell-EP with 24 DDR4 Slots
... 16GB UDIMMs, this allows for a maximum of 384GB, although moving up to RDIMM, LRDIMMs or 64GB NVDIMMs pushes the max to 1.5TB in a dual socket ...

Windows Server 2016 moving to per core, not per socket, licensing
... until the second half of next year, is going to shake up the way Microsoft licenses its server operating system, moving away from per socket ...

Cool Chart of the Week: Solar Socket Parity In California, Australia, Germany, Italy, & Netherlands
I forget now how I ran across this chart, but it’s a nice one. It shows that residential solar PV power hit socket parity (aka grid parity) in ...

Dell Aims Four-Socket Server at Modern Database Hardware Needs
... out a greater percentage of the high-end server market, such as in-memory database hardware requirements, Dell today unveiled a four-socket ...

Video: Socket To Me! Nitwit At ‘Hand To God’ Tries To Charge Phone On Set
... on a performance of Hand To God at Broadway ’s Booth Theatre a few days ago, this patron leapt onstage and tried to plug his phone into a socket ...