sending emails with attachement delphi 2009

Hi,

I have a problem, I'm using delphi 2009, I made a small application that uses TIdsmtp to send mails, for attachments I'm using TIDAttachmentFile class, like

with TIdAttachmentFile.Create(IdMessage1, 'c:\image1.jpg') do begin
          ContentType := 'image/jpeg';
          FileName := 'image1.jpg';
        end;

SMPT.send(IdMessage1);

If I dont use attachment it works fine, but with attachemtns I'm getting email with some dummy name for attachemnt like   ATI1284765.dat (if I change file extension to jpg it's ok then, it's that picture I was sending).

Does anyone have any ideas??? What could be the problem??
0
Mesud

<Mesud Pasic> wrote in message news:173849@forums.codegear.com...

> I have a problem, I'm using delphi 2009
<snip>
> If I dont use attachment it works fine, but with attachemtns I'm getting
> email
> with some dummy name for attachemnt like   ATI1284765.dat (if I change
> file extension to jpg it's ok then, it's that picture I was sending).

The version of Indy 10 that shipped with D2009 had some email-related bugs
in it that were fixed in later releases.  You will need to upgrade your Indy
installation to get the fixes.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Problems sending emails with attachments in Indy SMTP in Delphi 2009
Hi, I'm working with Delphi 2009 fully updated (12.0.3420.21218 with Update Pack 3), and I had the original version of the Indy 10.2.5. All attachments were going with a file name ATT000043.dat, instead of the correct name. I updated to the latest Indy from the Dev Snapshot, and it went to version 10.5.7. However, now the attachment does not appear as an attachment at all, the the message appears as: This is a multi-part message in MIME format --HF2WOHttwwLp1TZg=_wwY6H2qbRC0RDTyU Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline H...

Sending email w/ attachments with Delphi 2?
Does anyone know if there is a version of Indy or any other component that would enable an application written with Delphi 2 to send email with attachments? The references I've come up with just report problems and limitations with it so I'm wondering if anyone knows of something more likely to work. I'm afraid you have to look here: http://gohistoric.com/places/318695 Maybe you take a higher Delphi version and create a DLL with the functionality you want. Use the DLL in your Delphi 2 application. > {quote:title=Philip Caracena wrote:}{quote} > Does anyone know if t...

Delphi 2009 - incompatibile with 2006
Hi I was working on D2006 for a long time. I made a litle email client using INDY. When I open this projekt on new D2009 sending function won't work. The program become frozen on line "SMTP.Send(MailMessage);" Do you know what I have to do? Here is this function: function sendus(const typ,kn,tresc:pchar): boolean; stdcall; var smtp: tidsmtp; MailMessage: TIdMessage; ssl: tIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL; begin result := true; ssl:= tIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL.create; MailMessage := TIdMessage.Create; smtp := tidsmtp.Create; ssl.SSLOptions.Met...

Sending email attachments through Outlook from Delphi programmatically
Is there some option that has to be set to allow this? I'm using ICS and it works fine for the email, but the attachment doesn't arrive. If I send to Outlook Express client, the attachment arrives. I'm sending through the same Exchange server to both clients. TIA -- -----Jon----- Am 29.01.2010 20:46, schrieb Jon Springs: > Is there some option that has to be set to allow this? > > > I'm using ICS and it works fine for the email, but the attachment doesn't > arrive. If I send to Outlook Express client, the attachment arrives. >...

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 2009
I've done some searching on the web, and i can't seem to find any answer to the problem i have. The client is made in c++ using winsock send & recieve. The server is done with Indy IdTCPServer component. When the winsock client connects, IdTCPServer get knowledge of it. However, when the winsock client sends a chararray with the function send(), nothing gets parsed in IdTCPServer.Execute. I know the client works, since i built a winsock testserver for the occation. However when using Acontext.Connection.IOHandler.ReadLn it does not. Is it known that Indy vs winsock base do...

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

is there a Delphi 2007

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Why does this work fine in Delphi 2009, but not in Delphi 2010
I've been racking my head trying to figure this out and can't understand what is wrong, TFileStream.ReadComponentRes fails when I try to read a component containing a record, it works fine in Delphi 2009 and Delphi 2007, but fails with Delphi 2010 Here is the unit source and DFM *+//UnitSource+* unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls; type TThresholdMode = (tm0,tm1,tm2,tm3,tm4,tm5); TThreshold = Record Mode:TThresholdMode; Filter,Start,Stop:Integer; end; ...

ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009
I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20 files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software. I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough? i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work? Thanks, Jason. -- Jason Sweby ...

Web resources about - sending emails with attachement delphi 2009 - embarcadero.delphi.winsock

Sony Reveals QX1 and QX30 Lens Attachements for Smartphones
Refreshed Xperia smartphones , tablets, and smartwatches aren’t all Sony announced at IFA. As predicted, the company revealed the QX1 and QX30 ...

Happy Star Wars Day: Lightsaber Laser Attachements
Consider this my requisite Happy Star Wars Day post. So...yeah May the fourth be with you. The tenth? The tenth is Camper's Day. ZING! I wanna ...

Todoist Updates with Support for Attachements, Photos, and Voice Notes
Windows/OS X/iOS/Android/Web: Todoist is one of our favorite to-do list managers, and today the service updated all of its apps to support files ...

Researcher says Apple fibs about crypto for iOS email attachements
Latest iPad and iPad firmware reveals attachments in clear text Apple has been busted for falsely claiming that email attachments sent from ...

Great new Gmail feature: search inside your attachements
Since its public launch in 2007, Google’s Gmail has continued to rapidly add features that make our email lives easier. Now you can add another ...

App Store - BrandTracker
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about BrandTracker on the App Store. Download BrandTracker and enjoy it on ...

Letter case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the minimalist musical sub-genre, see Lowercase (music) . For New Testament minuscules, see Category:Greek New Testament minuscules . In ...

eCards - Getting help - Black Dog Institute
Here we provide a selection of 'Get Well' e-cards for depression.

OFCOM - OFCOM Online
Federal Administration admin.ch Department of the Environment, Transport, Energy and Communications Federal Office of Communications OFCOM Online ...

New Nano with camera makes another appearance
Just over a month ago, we showed you the case of what seems to be the next generation Nano with a camera.  The leak’s proximity to April Fool’s ...