Send and Receive data from VeriFone USB PinPad

Has anyone implemented sending and receiving data from VeriFone USB PinPad 1000SE?  I am having a hard time controlling the device and the programming manual for the device does not seem to be useful.
0
Roland

Could I use C# in ASP.NET project to send/receive data to/from the USB ports?
Well, I only know how to deal with file IO and database operations, but know nothing about data communication with USB ports. How could I learn to achieve it? Many thanks to your reply! Please, if someone knows this one, I also am very interested about this topic!!! Thankyou in advance to the guru who helps us, me and Start T. Arto Kainu BScEng Joensuu, Finland Don't know if this helps: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Languages/C_Sharp/Q_20838068.html...

Sending/Receiving other stuff while receiving Large Data
Good day ....TidTCPServer and TidTCPClient I was thinking about the following situation and was wondering how it could be handled. Obviously as much as possible in the most preferred way... Let's say that the server was busy sending a large amount of data. Maybe a file of about 100MB or more and this is being received by a listener thread on the client side. Now that will take a little while to be sent over a 100mbps Ethernet LAN connection. And while this is being sent, the user on the Client machine wants to ask for something small from the server and he is expecting an immediat...

Sending/Receiving data from web server returns weird symbols, not the text data I was expecting
Hello evreyone, I'm trying to display some data I receive from a web server, but instead of some text data I keep getting weird symbols. From my web server, I send with the POST method a  request to other server. The idea is that I send some user+password data, and if it's correct the other server will return a keycode. The "validation" in the second web server seems to work fine: I send the data I need and the response I get seems correct (otherwise the header of the response would have an error code, and it doesn't). However, the keycode seems...weird. I try to display it in my web page but I only see strange symbols (see attached image). The code I'm using is:   Dim ReqUrl As String = "https://myrequrl" Dim myCall As New MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP Dim data As String = ("var1=A&var2=B") myCall.open("POST", ReqUrl, False) myCall.setRequestHeader("Content-type", "application/x-www-form-urlencoded") myCall.setRequestHeader("Content-Length", (data.Length()).ToString()) myCall.setRequestHeader("X-NP-Version", "2.1") myCall.send(data) Dim s1 As String = myCall.getAllResponseHeaders() Dim returnValue As Object = myCall.responseBody() Dim returnValueString = returnValue.ToString Dim moretext As New System.Text.UTF32Encoding Dim str As String = "" If (s1.Length = 0) Then Response.Write("<p>No response header")...

A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied
Hi Guys Getting this error whe try to connect godaddy mysql database. My connection string is string connectionString = "Server=proxy.shr.secureserver.net;Port=9999; Database=xxxx; Uid=xxxx; Pwd=xxxxxx;Pooling=false;Pooling=false"; How to fix this. Pl. help. Thanks.  A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more informat...

Sending and receiving XML data
I've just taken on a project where I will be sending requests for product information to a distributor in XML form and will be getting a response back, also in XML form.  Data I get back will be stored in a SQL Server database. I'm quite new to .NET and I was wondering what the best way to do this would be if I want to send a request for product information every hour automatically.  Writing the script to send and recieve the data is not really a problem, but I'm not sure how to automate this task.  Any suggestions?   Easiest thing to do is using...

Send and Receive Data to and from Flash
How can I get and retrieve value from Flash? I'm a beginner in both Flash and ASP.NET Life is not getting the right answers...It's asking the right questions... Ummmmm... anyone? :(Life is not getting the right answers...It's asking the right questions... you have to use javascript and work with your flash developer to get in synch. our flash developer has this functionfunction getFlashMovieObject(movieName){  if (window.document[movieName])   {    return window.document[movieName];  }    if (navigator.appName.indexOf("Microsoft Internet"...

Sending/Receiving data from remote app
What is the best / easiest way to send small (<1Kb) data packets to a remote application (known IP address) from an ASP.NET driven web site? The remote app will then send a similar reply packet. It is not a database that is being accessed but a custom application that can be modified to receive and send this data. Anyone done something similar? how is the remote app usually contacted. Does it send back a http response. or is it some service that returns a stream of characters. HTTPResponse object if it's replying in http probably SOCKETS if it's returning data ( like telnet) I have ...

How to Send & Receive Data via XML?
All: I need to build a website that sends and receives data to a 'data warehouse' via XML. The specs state that data must be sent to this warehouse via HTTP POST, and their responses are send back via the same base URL. The url that I need to point to ends with a .cgi. I am not new to building websites, but I am new to this particular option. Any ideas on the best way to send and consume this data?   Thanks, Eric Here is an example:HttpWebRequest wRequest = (HttpWebRequest) WebRequest.Create( "http://Url.cgi" );wRequest.Method = "POST";wRequest.Timeout = 300000;wRequest.ProtocolVe...

how to send and receive data, between two separate computer?
hi alli have a web application on a web server.and another windows application on another computer.there are databases on each of them.how can i send and receive data between these two applications?please reply me as soon as possibleregards Do want to send data to the databases of each computer or to communicate each application? If you want to send data to a remote database just make a connection to it and insert the data. If you want to connect the applications, i cant imagine what do you want to do, because one is a web application and the other a windows one. May be you can use web ser...

Indy 10 Sending And Receiving structured data
Hello to all! I try use Indy 10 (TCP Client) with RAW WinSock. One my application writes on Indy 10.5.90, other application (not my) written on "raw" Windows sockets. That's why i have some problems. I cant receive packet which have structure inside. Little briefing. If i use Indy(Client) <-> Indy(Server) all good. So.. when i try to send structure to other app (raw sockets; i mean whats this app written without any libs and interfaces) i have two problems. First one is little problem but second - major. 1) When i try to send MemoryStream via Indy they adding one 0x00 b...

Using winsock to send/receive but getting truncated
Hi all, I found Roland's winsock example for PB10 and have been using it with great success...until about 10 minutes ago. We have a Java app that we send XML back and forth with. Up until now the XML was always under 8k. Well now that we're testing the larger items, we've surpassed that number and could be sending much larger files, possibly over 32k. The Java app is getting the XML right up to 8192 bytes, then it's cut off. I'm figuring that winsock is not sending the whole thing over. I found an instance constant called MAX_SEND_BUFFER = 8192, but ...

Sending and Receiving Form Data using HttpWebRequest
Hi, This seems a big post, but its not that much.I am trying to post data to my form using HttpWebRequest as follows: public class SendData : System.Web.UI.Page { private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { // used to build entire input StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder(); // used on each read operation byte[] buf = new byte[8192]; System.Net.HttpWebRequest request; ASCIIEncoding encoding = new ASCIIEncoding(); System.Net.HttpWebResponse response; string postData="total=15572&status=online"; byte[] data = encoding.GetBytes(postData); request = (System.N...

Webclient question on sending and receiving data back
Hi, I'm doing the following to send data to a URI using the webclient control. Dim PostStream As System.IO.Stream = WebClient1.OpenWrite (URIAddress, "POST") PostStream.Write(DataToByte, 0, DataToByte.Length) 'write the entire stream starting at 0 Now what I need to do after this is listen using the same webclient and print out whatever comes back from the server. The server does return values but after I do a postStream.write I dont know how to listen. I can do a streamreader but when I open the URI using the streamreader I receive error...

data, data, data
Hello, I need some advice on the best method to keep a database updated in this scenario. I have a local Solomon SQL Server where we keep our inventory. I want to build an application that will be hosted at a remote hosting location which provides a SQL database. I want to build the application to allow clients to access the inventory items and make requests based on the remote SQL data. The order will be sent to our fulfillment department via email; they will fiill the request and ship.  I'm not sure the method to do this while keeping the data current on the remote and the l...

How to send a request and display received data in the browser
Hi all, I am a newbie here, so please excuse me for my mistakes. In a Firefox Add-on, I would like to intercept requests sent by the browser, change the URI and then to send the request. To do that I interecpt the requests thanks to the Observer service. I destroy the current request object, and make a new one with the new URI, then I send it using the asyncOpen method. This is working, but the problem is that the new request is sent, but the data is not displayed in the browser. Does the display functionality have to be implemented in the listener object passed to asyncOpen (may...

Sending/receiving XML data using Indy
Dear all I'm stumped. I haven't run into this situation before. The problem is I have a "XMLclient" installed (third party software) that listens on port 65 (address 127.0.0.1) and sends from the same. In other words - it's on the local PC. I need to send it some XML strings, and then listen for XML strings back. The XMLclient software then handles the connection to the actual server (it's an EFTPOS payment service). I've looked at the requests on here. And done an extensive search for a similar problem. It's possible I'm not asking the corre...

Send and Receive a simple string value with Indy (Delphi)
Hi, is there any way to send a simple text(string value) without using WriteLN and ReadLN? The ReadLn function needs LF char and when I'm sending a text message via winsock to Indy, ReadLn cannot get the message correctly and some exceptions will be happen continuously. Thank you <Ali Rwza> wrote in message news:267480@forums.embarcadero.com... > Hi, is there any way to send a simple text(string value) > without using WriteLN and ReadLN? What is wrong with using Write/ReadLn()? > The ReadLn function needs LF char LF is only a default, you can specify any d...

Problem in sending data through winsock control in ASP.Net.
I am developing an application in ASP.Net using VB.Net 2003. In this I am using sock programming using winsock control. In this I am sending records from datatbase. Each time I send about 1500 records from one database table.Before sending that data I fill one string variable with this data.Then I send this data as-Dim sData as stringsData='Records from one database table separated by comma'tcpServer.SendData(sData) But while filling this string with that huge data and also I insert one comma between two records, this takes a long time.Instead of using this string can I use any other ojec...

Delphi 2009
I've done some searching on the web, and i can't seem to find any answer to the problem i have. The client is made in c++ using winsock send & recieve. The server is done with Indy IdTCPServer component. When the winsock client connects, IdTCPServer get knowledge of it. However, when the winsock client sends a chararray with the function send(), nothing gets parsed in IdTCPServer.Execute. I know the client works, since i built a winsock testserver for the occation. However when using Acontext.Connection.IOHandler.ReadLn it does not. Is it known that Indy vs winsock base do...

sending utf-8 data to .net web service from delphi
Hi I have a .net web service and i use delphi client to work with it , When i read information from my web service every thing is OK and i can easily get unicode data from my web service but when i want to send my unicode data to my web service all of unicode data changes to ???? ????????? ... I have this problem in delphi because when sending my unicode data directly from IE to web service it work correctly . Please Help me if u can . Thanks and Best Regards i had same problem, and after wasting couple of time find the solution. after importing WSDL file bye WSDL Importer, ...

[Delphi] send custom packet from DLL ( winsock ) from DLL-Form [Edit]
hello! i`we hooked winsocket recv-send! in DLL i have form who popup on dlls inject sucess and i need send custom packet to 'Send" from my form how it be posibly?? send(s,buf,len,flags); - dont work its work if i send it only from "DLL" if i use it in my DLL-"form" then nothing happens in DLL - sock:=s; Fla:=flags; in DLL"form" send(sock,buf,len,fla); dont work to.. meybe i do it wrong? .. Thank you! <Ronaldo DeVinche> wrote in message news:136126@forums.codegear.com... > i`we hooked winsocket recv-send! ...

XML Request (send) and XML Response (receive) data thru BIZTALK 2006.
I am new to BIZTALK 2006; Please help me get started as below>> I have XML Request (send) and XML Response (receive) data; What are the steps needed for this to be accomplished in BizTalk to create webservice for this? THX I did manage to find the partial solution to this; and that is to use HTTP Adapter in the BizTalk Server 2006 sample (sdk dir); Unfortunately I am not sure  How I can use it (after having compiled and configured the HTTP adapter correctly); Does anyone know  How I can call this HTTP Adapter sample ???? or link to a How to use HTTP Adapter??? ...

Get data and send data in IdTCPServer1Execute
I want read data in event IdTCPServer1Execute and send in database. I also want send this data in other program. Other program listen port 5000. Is this correct this code? void __fastcall TFormListenPort::IdTCPServer1Execute(TIdContext *AContext) { AnsiString S; try { TIdBytes SyncPacket; AContext->Connection->IOHandler->ReadBytes(SyncPacket, -1, false); IdTCPClient1->Host = “127.0.0.1”; IdTCPClient1->Port = 5000; IdTCPClient1->Connect(); IdTCPClient1->IOHandler->Write(SyncPacket); IdTCPClient1->Disconnect(); if((SyncPacket[0] == 0xFA) &...

How to get full size of data send and receive from/to client including headers in ASP.NET?
Hi, I need to mesure an ASP.NET site bandwith. I can get the size of data POST (including javascript and CSS) to a client with a Stream Class wrapper around Response.Filter in "Global.asax" as describe at http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/WhitespaceFilter.asp But how can I mesure exact bandwith (server side) with some code in Global.asax including headers size ? Have a nice day. There is no built-way to measure the actual bandwidth as all other external resource like CSS, Image files and CSS etc is handled by the IIS instead of Asp.net. You can config...

Web resources about - Send and Receive data from VeriFone USB PinPad - embarcadero.delphi.winsock

VeriFone Official Site - Secure payment solutions for credit & debit cards, EMV, contactless, & NFC.
VeriFone is a global leader in secure electronic payment technologies. We provide solutions, services, and expertise that enable electronic payment ...

VeriFone Investor Betrayal 2.0
Source: ThinkstockIf you think you’ve seen this movie before, well, you have. VeriFone Systems Inc. (NYSE: PAY) is replaying the scenario the ...

Verifone’s new NFC terminal supports all mobile payment platforms & devices, including Apple Pay
... often prove to be expensive and time consuming as the sizes and form factors of devices continue to change. Leading NFC terminal maker Verifone ...

VeriFone's CEO Explains Why It Spent $1 Billion on Acquisitions - Tricia Duryee - Commerce - AllThingsD ...
CEO Doug Bergeron says VeriFone has spent more than $1 billion in acquisitions to take advantage of emerging technologies, such as mobile payments, ...

VeriFone’s Very Nice 11% Rally
Brett Carlsen for The Wall Street Journal VeriFone Systems (PAY) set a new 52-week high today after reporting first-quarter results that beat ...

As Square’s Plan to Put iPads in Cabs Get Approved, It Turns Out Verifone Was Already Testing Tablets ...
... agreed yesterday to test out Square's proposal to replace Taxi TV with its own iPad mobile payments system, despite objections from Verifone ...

Google, Verifone team on mobile payments
Google Inc. is reportedly working with Verifone Systems Inc., Mastercard Inc. and Citigroup Inc. on technology that lets smartphone owners swipe ...

VeriFone Seen as Google Target as Shares Fall: Real M&A
VeriFone Systems Inc. has gotten $2 billion cheaper for acquirers coveting a source of revenue that’s booming with almost every swipe of a credit ...

Read The Distraught Note VeriFone's Ousted CEO Sent Employees
VeriFone, the big payments company that has more than half of the U.S. market for credit-card terminals, just ousted its CEO, Doug Bergeron. ...

VeriFone Rises as MasterCard Accelerates Payment-System Upgrades
VeriFone Systems Inc., the largest maker of credit-card terminals, rose the most in almost 11 months after MasterCard Inc. said it’s seeking ...