Problem with IdIPMCastClient Indy 10 Delphi 2009

Migrating an app from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009, I have run into a problem with IdIPMCastClient.
Set Active to false raise exception 10049 cannot set address.
Close the socket or reset socket you get either 10022 or 10038
If you disconnect and connect again by the 3rd time you will not receive any data.
Having trouble updating to lastest dev snapshot.
Any suggestions
Regards
Mike
0
Michael

> {quote:title=Michael DuPree wrote:}{quote}
> Migrating an app from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009, I have run into a problem with IdIPMCastClient.
> Set Active to false raise exception 10049 cannot set address.
> Close the socket or reset socket you get either 10022 or 10038
> If you disconnect and connect again by the 3rd time you will not receive any data.
> Having trouble updating to lastest dev snapshot.
> Any suggestions
> Regards
> Mike

OK I've worked through this issue.
The latest Dev SnapShot corrects this issue.
The main problem was when closing the binding, the IP address did not match the address assigned.
on Close During call from Drop membership IP = 0.0.0.0

procedure TIdStackBSDBase.MembershipSockOpt(AHandle: TIdStackSocketHandle;
  const AGroupIP, ALocalIP: String; const ASockOpt: Integer;
  const AIPVersion: TIdIPVersion = ID_DEFAULT_IP_VERSION);

the updated code passes the correct IP

I had some issues not yet understood, after I first update to the latest snapshot. When stepping through the code a few line got skipped, the for loop
procedure TIdIPMCastClient.CloseBinding;
var
  i: integer;
begin
  if Assigned(FCurrentBinding) then begin
    // Necessary here - cancels the recvfrom in the listener thread
    FListenerThread.Stop;
-->    for i := 0 to Bindings.Count - 1 do begin
-->      GStack.DropMulticastMembership(Bindings[i].Handle, FMulticastGroup, Bindings[i].IP, Bindings[i].IPVersion);
      Bindings[i].CloseSocket;
    end;
    FListenerThread.WaitFor;
    FreeAndNil(FListenerThread);
    FCurrentBinding := nil;
  end;
end;
Long story short, I rebuilt the unit IdIPMCastClient, and now things work.
I can switch between NICs, set Active to True/False and not errors.
In closing:
I've read many post about the procedure to update Indy. They are correct there are many broken links and the instructions are not very clear, if you have not done this before. These instructions:

Indy 10 Installation Instructions

All packages are followed by X0 (Where X is your Delphi verison).
Example: For Delphi 6, the IndySystem package would be named: IndySystem60.dpk

(Please note that SuperCore has not been finished and is not currently usable).

1) Download source from the Development Snapshot.

Delphi / BCB Installation

2) Open and compile .dpk files in the following order:

         1. IndySystemX0.dpk (in Lib\System)
         2. IndyCoreX0.dpk (in Lib\Core)
         3. IndyProtocolsX0.dpk (in Lib\Protocols)

3) Now open these .dpk files and click install in the following order:

         1. dclIndyCoreX0.dpk (in Lib\Core)
         2. dclIndyProtocolsX0.dpk (in Lib\Protocols)

4) In your Indy directory you should now see some compiled .dcu files. Open your Delphi IDE and goto the menu Tools>Environment options> Select Library tab. Now add the path to your .dcu files into the filepath collection. Click Ok.

Are correct if you understand what needs to be installed. and the dcl*** is very easy to miss.

An easier to find link as to what to download, the Branches statements, isn't clear to the uninformed, about Trunk and Tiburon.
I'm back to working, the newer code makes it easier to switch NICs than the version release with Delphi 2007.
Mike
0
Michael

Delphi 2009 and Indy 10 CharSet encoding problem
Hi guys, I'm sending some e-mails with my app, but the body text of my messages isnt displaying like expected ... example: I write some text with this characters ç ã é ó the text is changed to another char like "g". How can I fix that ? I've tryed to change the CharSet to Windows 1252 but nothing happened ... Any tips ? Regards, Diego Garcia -- Regards, Loki "Loki Man" <lokiman@hoknows.com> wrote in message news:51554@forums.codegear.com... > I've tryed to change the CharSet to Windows 1252 but noth...

Problem about Indy 10, IdTelnet component in Delphi 2009
Dear all: I make a simple test telnet program communicate with a linux server , through Idtelnet component , I specify the host property with a server ip, use a button to connect to the server . and display the welcome message in a memo . code as blew : procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); begin Telnet.Connect; end; procedure TForm1.TelnetDataAvailable(Sender: TIdTelnet; const Buffer: string); begin Memo1.Lines.Add(Buffer); end; But when I click the button , the message displayed in the memo is like " }} }#}' ", not the normal...

Delphi 2009 / indy 10 html email unicode problem
I have updating an email application to delphi 2009 from delphi 2006. I now have the problem that html emails in in cyrrilic or greek are not send correctly. The code I used is: with IdMessage do begin clear; IsEncoded := true; Charset := 'utf-8'; ContentType :='multipart/alternative'; Encoding := meMime; UseNowForDate := true; Subject := MailSjabloon.Subject; From.Name := MailSjabloon.AfzenderNaam; From.Address ...

Indy E-Mail Problem (Indy 10, Delphi 2007)
Hello, we use Indy 10 with Delphi 2007 to get E-Mail using IMAP. We recieved an E-Mail which is not handled correctly. The E-Mail looks like this {code} Return-Path: <test@mail.com>; From: "Test Tester" <test@mail.com>; To: <test@mail.com>; Subject: Order Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:50:40 +0100 Message-ID: <15D526BEB8091D43859549D9E16E370FBA3123> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 14.0 Thread-Index: AQFk6K6fcF3...

migrating from Delphi 6 With Indy 10 to XE7 with Indy 10
I updated the original Indy in D6 to version 10 several years ago. Now I want to migrate my application from D6 to XE7 and would like some feedback on the best route to take. I usually send data using readln and writeln statements. The data is typically XML format. Since migrating to XE7 will include potential unicode data what is the best approach to take when reading and writing data? Will writeln and readln work in these cases or should I be using a different strategy to send unicode data between the tidtcpclient and tidtcpserver applications? al wrote: > I usually send data ...

Indy IdHMACSHA1 different results in Delphi 2007 and Delphi 2009
Hello newsgroup A test of the IdHMACSHA1 encryption method shows different results, and I am not sure if there is an error in my code or in the Indy code shipped with Delphi 2009. The Delphi 2007 version works in an application which communicates with Amazon Web Services and so it seems to be the correct one. Any suggestions are very welcome, maybe I just need to download a newer version of Indy? program Test; {$APPTYPE CONSOLE} uses IdHMACSHA1, IdCoderMIME, IdGlobal, SysUtils; function Base64Encode(const Input: string): string; begin Result := TIdEncode...

Problems
Hi; We have a software developed in the Delphi 2009 and we do NOT use the runtime themes. So, the option: Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED. When I'm on the Delphi 2009, it's all right. The problem is when I use the Delphi 2010. The same configuration (Projetct / Options / Application / Enable Runtime Themes is UNCHECKED). The form editor (IDE) insists on show the forms with the current Windows theme. I don't like this, I want the runtime themes off while I'm programming and editing my forms. How can I solve it? Thanks to...

Indy 10.6 compilation with Delphi 2009
With the current Subversion branch, the Delphi 2009 compiler shows these errors: C:\Delphi\indy-10.6\Lib\System\IdStackWindows.pas(287) Error: E2137 Method 'GetSocketOption' not found in base class C:\Delphi\indy-10.6\Lib\System\IdStackWindows.pas(289) Error: E2137 Method 'SetSocketOption' not found in base class C:\Delphi\indy-10.6\Lib\System\IdStackWindows.pas(322) Fatal: F2063 Could not compile used unit 'IdIDN.pas' TIdStackWindows in System\IdStackWindows.pas, Lines 287 to 290: procedure GetSocketOption(ASocket: TIdStackSocketHandle; ALevel...

Indy 10 install problem / Delphi 2006
I recently did a wipe-and-reinstall on my PC. I installed Delphi 2006 and now I am trying to install the newer version of Indy10 as the one that comes with the Delphi 2006 install has bugs. I followed the instructions I found here: http://www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Docs/Indy10Installation.EN.aspx and I downloaded the new version from here: http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/indy10.zip I unzipped the relevant directories into a new subdirectory I created under C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\source\Indy10New\Lib When I began step 3, which says "Now open these .dpk files and click install...

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Badly Decoded Body in Indy 10, Delphi 2009
I'm trying to use Indy 10 Tiburon from the fulgan website with Delphi 2009. I have TIdMessage.NoEncode=true. When I do a TIdTNNTP.GetBody I get the following type of gobbledy-gook for the body, instead of a body with regular and Japanese unicode characters '<h4>'#$D#$A'ã'#$81#$84'ã'#$81'¤ã'#$82#$82'ã'#$81#$8A'ä¸'#$96'話ã'#$81'«ã'#$81'ªã'#$81'£ã'#$81'¦ã'#$81#$8A'ã'#$82#$8A'ã&...

Problems sending emails with attachments in Indy SMTP in Delphi 2009
Hi, I'm working with Delphi 2009 fully updated (12.0.3420.21218 with Update Pack 3), and I had the original version of the Indy 10.2.5. All attachments were going with a file name ATT000043.dat, instead of the correct name. I updated to the latest Indy from the Dev Snapshot, and it went to version 10.5.7. However, now the attachment does not appear as an attachment at all, the the message appears as: This is a multi-part message in MIME format --HF2WOHttwwLp1TZg=_wwY6H2qbRC0RDTyU Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline H...

Web resources about - Problem with IdIPMCastClient Indy 10 Delphi 2009 - embarcadero.delphi.winsock