Problem installing latest version of indy libs in Delphi XE

Hi all !

I recently downloaded and installed the latest Indy snapshot. I followed the
"Indy 10 Installation Instructions"; compiled everything in the right order,
added the paths to the libs and so on...

Now, every time I enter in Delphi XE, I have the following error message
(The message is in French, but I'll try to translate it correctly) :

The entry point for procedure @Idhttp@TidCustomHTTP@GetRequestHeaders$qqrv
cannot be found in the dynamic library IndyProtocols150.bpl.

What can I do to fix this problem ?

Thanks,

Stephan St-Denis
0
stephans

"Stephan St-Denis" <stephans@progicielsconcept.com> wrote in message

> Now, every time I enter in Delphi XE, I have the following error
> message (The message is in French, but I'll try to translate it correctly)
> :

An entry point error means that either 1) you did not remove all of the
older Indy files from a previous installation, or 2) you have a component
package installed that was linking to the older installation and needs to be
recompiled.

This is evident by the fact that TIdCustomHTTP.GetRequestHeaders() no longer
exists (it was renamed to GetRequest()), but something is still looking for
it.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Thanks (again) for your help.

I'm still trying to figure out which old file(s) remains and/or which
package links to and requires Indy.

Could it be related to the new Azure components in Delphi XE ? When I start
XE, I also have a message regarding Azure.

Regards,

Stephan St-Denis

"Remy Lebeau (TeamB)"  a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion :
362997@forums.embarcadero.com...

"Stephan St-Denis" <stephans@progicielsconcept.com> wrote in message

> Now, every time I enter in Delphi XE, I have the following error
> message (The message is in French, but I'll try to translate it correctly)
> :

An entry point error means that either 1) you did not remove all of the
older Indy files from a previous installation, or 2) you have a component
package installed that was linking to the older installation and needs to be
recompiled.

This is evident by the fact that TIdCustomHTTP.GetRequestHeaders() no longer
exists (it was renamed to GetRequest()), but something is still looking for
it.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
stephans
5/24/2011 2:48:44 PM
The same problem trying to install Indy 10 in Delphi 2010.

One of the component packages installed that "needs" to be recompiled is dclDataSnapIndyServerTransport, so, it can't be done.

That means new Indy is broken with Delphi 2010.

How to get the most updated version of Indy 10 before GetRequestHeaders() was changed breaking things?

Regards,
Anderson

> "Stephan St-Denis" <stephans@progicielsconcept.com> wrote in message
>
> > Now, every time I enter in Delphi XE, I have the following error
> > message (The message is in French, but I'll try to translate it correctly)
> > :
>
> An entry point error means that either 1) you did not remove all of the
> older Indy files from a previous installation, or 2) you have a component
> package installed that was linking to the older installation and needs to be
> recompiled.
>
> This is evident by the fact that TIdCustomHTTP.GetRequestHeaders() no longer
> exists (it was renamed to GetRequest()), but something is still looking for
> it.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Anderson
8/13/2011 6:56:20 AM
BTW,

I got to sort of fix/workaround the problem with DataSnap by 'patching' idHTTP.pas unit adding back old protected/public methods that changed name/signature over time.

(the methods all point back to the new method implementations)

Not sure it will work 100% but at least I got rid of the anoying package errors. :)

If anyone is interested in have a look at the modified idHTTP.pas just drop me an e-mail (I've tested it only in Delphi 2010)

afarias_br (at) hotmail (dot) com

regards,
Anderson

> {quote:title=Anderson Farias wrote:}{quote}
> The same problem trying to install Indy 10 in Delphi 2010.
>
> One of the component packages installed that "needs" to be recompiled is dclDataSnapIndyServerTransport, so, it can't be done.
>
> That means new Indy is broken with Delphi 2010.
>
> How to get the most updated version of Indy 10 before GetRequestHeaders() was changed breaking things?
>

> Regards,
> Anderson

0
Anderson
8/13/2011 9:26:59 PM
<Anderson Farias> wrote in message news:387729@forums.embarcadero.com...

> One of the component packages installed that "needs" to be
> recompiled is dclDataSnapIndyServerTransport, so, it can't be
> done.

Read the install instructions on Indy's website:

http://www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Docs/Indy10Installation.EN.aspx

{quote}
Note: In D/CB/RAD 2009-XE, DataSnap uses Indy 10 internally.  Installing a
new version of Indy will render DataSnap unusable, as it will not be able to
load the Indy packages anymore.  DataSnap is compiled against the Indy
packages that ship with the IDE, and DataSnap cannot be recompiled by end
users.  If you need to use DataSnap, then you will need to maintain the
original Indy 10 packages for use in DataSnap projects.  This will be
addressed by Embarcadero in D/CB/RAD XE2 so Indy 10 upgrades and DataSnap
can co-exist.
{quote}

> That means new Indy is broken with Delphi 2010.

No, it is not.  It works fine.  It just means that you cannot use DataSnap
and an upgraded Indy in the same project.  As the instructions indicate, you
can use the original IDE-provided Indy packages in DataSnap projects.
Install the updated Indy separately, then you can use it in non-DataSnap
projects.

> How to get the most updated version of Indy 10 before GetRequestHeaders()
> was changed breaking things?

You would have to download the files from Indy's SVN server directly.  The
last revision that had GetRequestHeaders() was r4527.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

> Read the install instructions on Indy's website:
> http://www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Docs/Indy10Installation.EN.aspx

Got it.

> No, it is not.  It works fine.  It just means that you cannot use DataSnap
> and an upgraded Indy in the same project.  As the instructions indicate, you
> can use the original IDE-provided Indy packages in DataSnap projects.
> Install the updated Indy separately, then you can use it in non-DataSnap
> projects.

Understood. Thanks.

Anderson
0
Anderson

Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE Crystal BPL problem [Edit]
I am in the process of migrating our application from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE and, for ease of use, I have both 2006 and XE installed on my development computer. I access Crystal Reports XI RDC in our application and so I rebuilt the BPL in XE in order to add the new package to XE. However, when I try to add the package to XE I get the error message: “Registration procedure, Craxddrt_tbl.Register in the package c:\Documents and Settings\All Uers\Documents\RADS Studio\8.0\BPL\Crystal.bpl raised exception class EFilerError: Component TDatabase can’t be registered by package crystal.bpl be...

Upgrade from Delphi 5 and Delphi XE: Variant and SysUtils unit problems.
Hi. I am a newbie to Delhi XE. I have just taken on the task of converting my stuff from Delphi 5 [sic] to Delphi XE. The first errors I got was "Variants unit out of data or corrupted" and "symbol deprecated" in SysUtils I hope I can fix the problem by simply pointing to the "up-to-date" units. I am also wondering wether I will not have to switch to Unicode, since the errors seem to be string related (not that I know what changing to Unicode entails). Any help? Marcus > {quote:title=Marcus de Bruin wrote:}{quote} > Hi. > > I...

Problem upgrading web service client from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE
In trying to upgrade our web service client to Delphi XE we have now get a web service error of Invalid Format. When we examine the SOAP request we see the following differences from Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE In Delphi 7 we get <SomeStuff xmlns="" xsi:nil="true" /> In Delphi XE we get <SomeStuff xsi:nil="true" /> We have narrowed the failure down to these differences in the client request. Is there anyway to get Delphi XE to generate a SOAP request with the xmlns attribute set to blank as it used to be? Hello, > In trying to u...

Problem in Delphi XE and XE2 but not in version 2007
I have an odd situation that I can't seem to resolve. My program is very computation intensive so my input screen (form associated with the program) has a box to show the progress of the calculation, among other things. It worked until Delphi XE and XE2. Now all I get when the program starts is a DOS-type box with nothing it it. When my program finishes its calculations, my windows screen (the form associated with the program) finally appears. Any idea why this is the case? Thomas Fowler wrote: > I have an odd situation that I can't seem to resolve. My program is > ve...

Indy 10 install problem / Delphi 2006
I recently did a wipe-and-reinstall on my PC. I installed Delphi 2006 and now I am trying to install the newer version of Indy10 as the one that comes with the Delphi 2006 install has bugs. I followed the instructions I found here: http://www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Docs/Indy10Installation.EN.aspx and I downloaded the new version from here: http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/indy10.zip I unzipped the relevant directories into a new subdirectory I created under C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\source\Indy10New\Lib When I began step 3, which says "Now open these .dpk files and click install...

Delphi XE install problem on Win 7
hello, After install and try to load Delphi give a messsage : Exception EpackageRegistrationException dans le module coreide150.bpl en 0006c339. Procédure d'enregistrement, Pasreg.IDERegister dans le package c\programe....\bin\delphide.bpl a généré la classe d'exception EInOutError : Mismatched borrower. how to execute Delphi ? Best regards, Eric sailly eric wrote: > hello, > > After install and try to load Delphi give a messsage : > Exception EpackageRegistrationException dans le module coreide150.bpl en 0006c339. Procédure d...

Install problem with JCL and Delphi XE [Edit]
I've got XE fired up under Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, and I'm installing various 3rd-party things. My latest obstacle is JCL. I think I'm following the instructions, but since I've never been clear on why there is an install.bat in both the JCL and JVCL folders, I have my doubts. When I run the jcl\install.bat I get an error: JclResources.pas(2014) Fatal: F2039 Could not create output file 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclResources.hpp' ....failed This happens despite the fact that I have changed the BPL path from: C:\Users\Public\Documents\...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Problem with installing a Delphi component in C++ Builder XE
Hi everyone, I hope this is the right forum... I'm trying to install a delphi component (I only have the .pas sources) in C++ Builder XE. I went through the normal procedure (Components->Install a component; select the .pas files + Install in a new package; Package C++ Builder). I get a new project "namePackage.bpl" and I right-click on "Install". The compilation is succesful and I have a message saying that the new components have been installed and if I create a new project to use them, they are indeed available. The problem arrives when I try to compile t...

Problem re-installing DELPHI XE after disk failure
Starting Delphi after the re-install I get message: Error executing 'C:\ProgramData\{7DE921C9-42C8-4DA3-8A44-043C3349FD1D}\Setup.exe': The requested operation requires elevation. Search the web points me to here: https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=42823 But for whatever reason this thread has been deleted. Anyone know what to here or know where the thread has moved to ? Gary PS. Installing Delphi Enterprise onto Win7 Ultimate This auto updates trying to run. If you right click and select Run as Administrator this error will go away. Gary ...

Indy TIdUdpServer OnRead problem on Delphi XE [Edit]
Hi, I have some problem with Indy TIdUDPServer on Delphi XE becouse when I try to double click on the +OnUDPRead+ events in the object inspector Delphi return this error: *"Expected '>' but '.' found.* This is the generated source code: {code} type TForm2 = class(TForm) IdUDPServer1: TIdUDPServer; procedure IdUDPServer1UDPRead(AThread: TIdUDPListenerThread; AData: TArray<System.Byte>; ABinding: TIdSocketHandle); private public end; var Form2: TForm2; implementation {$R *.dfm} procedure TForm2.IdUDPServer1UD...

Nice, Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7.
Looking at the details for Delphi XE Professional while checking the prices etc and found the above as part of a paragraph. "Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7. Details will be included with your order confirmation email and in the product readme." Very nice bonus! Brian > {quote:title=Brian Evans wrote:}{quote} > Looking at the details for Delphi XE Professional while checking the > prices etc and found the above as part of a paragraph. > > "Delphi XE includes free acce...

Is there a TRichEdit98 version suitable for the latest delphi versions?
Hello all, I am using TRichEdit98 in an old component I am trying to port to DelphiXE so I was wondering if anyone knows if there exist a TRichEdit98 for Delphi 2010? Regards On 21-Sep-10 22:41, John Ioannides wrote: > Hello all, > > I am using TRichEdit98 in an old component I am trying to port to DelphiXE so I was wondering if anyone knows if there exist a TRichEdit98 for Delphi 2010? Have you looked at TJvRichEdit in the JVCL? Not sure how much work converting from TRichEdit98 to TJvRichEdit will be, but it's probably worth the trouble as TJvRichEdit is compa...

Web resources about - Problem installing latest version of indy libs in Delphi XE - embarcadero.delphi.winsock

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper