Indy9... TIdDNSResolver.. CNAME brings back SOA? #2

Hi

I'm using the demo for TIdDNSResolver for Indy 9 - purely for testing the
DNS server i'm working on. I use it for comparing results from google dns
(8.8.4.4) to ensure mine are correct etc..

What i have noticed is that for some domains when i query the cname, i am
getting an SOA reponse instead? - Despite googling the term "cname lookup
returns soa record" and similar, nothing immediately obvious is jumping out
at me suggesting this is correct behaviour.

So any chance of some light being shed on this? - eg the cname for
freedns.org comes back with an SOA resource instead. Is this official
behaviour or is it a "depends how the NS owner has configured it"  thing?

Many thanks,

JC
0
Justin

Indy9... TIdDNSResolver.. CNAME brings back SOA?
Hi I'm using the demo for TIdDNSResolver for Indy 9 - purely for testing the DNS server i'm working on. I use it for comparing results from google dns (8.8.4.4) to ensure mine are correct etc.. What i have noticed is that for some domains when i query the cname, i am getting an SOA reponse instead? - Despite googling the term "cname lookup returns soa record" and similar, nothing immediately obvious is jumping out at me suggesting this is correct behaviour. So any chance of some light being shed on this? - eg the cname for freedns.org comes back with an S...

Bring back 2.0.0.3
Name: Gerry Bauchert Email: gerrybauatjunodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Bring back 2.0.0.3 - 2.0.0.4 features I do not like...... Comments: I can no longer link to an employer website. I get the message - cannot connect securely because website is using older, insecure version of SSL protocol. How can I get around this message? I now have to use an older version of IE or Netscape to reach this employer, why did Firefox create this problem? How can I use the "go back" arrow in my emails as I could in 2.0.0.3? It now throws me completely out of the browser. ...

Bring back 2.0.0.3
Name: Gerry Bauchert Email: gerrybauatjunodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Bring back 2.0.0.3 - 2.0.0.4 features I do not like......2nd, corrected complaint Comments: I can no longer link to an employer website. I get the message - cannot connect securely because website is using older, insecure version of SSL protocol. How can I get around this message? I now have to use an older version of IE or Netscape to reach this employer, why did Firefox create this problem? How can I use the "go back" arrow in my emails as I could in 2.0.0.3? It now throws me complet...

Bring back FF2 #2
Name: Laura Reed Email: lauraatouterleapdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Bring back FF2 Comments: I love Firefox, Mozilla and you guys, don't get me wrong. However, there are still some old users who don't have a choice but to use Firefox 2. I'm talking about us old Mac OSX 10.3- guys. I'm sure if you look around, you also find people wanting support kept up for FF2 as well. Whilst I'd love to upgrade my system, it's very difficult for me to afford a new Mac. That's why I hope you keep up support for FF2 well after the end of 2008. Thank you. ...

Bring back version 2
Name: yona Email: yona17atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Bring back version 2 Comments: version 3.0.1 is a disaster - it crushes frequently. Unable to identify a common cause. Either you fix it quickly or find a way to let users go back to version 2. I favor Firefox. But cannot live with it. Save Firefox. Sincerely Yona Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Please bring back Firefox 2.
Name: Jamwa Product: Firefox Summary: Please bring back Firefox 2. Comments: I have used Firefox 3 for a little over two months and unfortunately it is just so bad that I can't keep using it. Firefox 2 was as close to perfect as any browser I have ever used, but 3 is slow, buggy, and frustrating. It takes much longer for the program to initially load, it often crashes when I try to open multiple tabs, and the right-click contextual menus freeze when I try to open two bookmarked links in a row. There is a significant delay while the address bar drop-down attempts to load...

Bring Back Firefox 2.0
Name: Gregory Tanico Product: Firefox Summary: Bring Back Firefox 2.0 Comments: I'm sure I am not the only one who has complained, so just add me to the list. Firefox2.x was the greatest browser ever made. Starting with 3.0 it has gotten slower and slower. We once were a Firefox household, now we have switched to Chrome, a browser I recommend to EVERYONE. I use Firefox for one site now, and so I got the new version this morning. I constantly hope for speed improvements but I guess that is never going to happen. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1...

Bring back the BACK button
Name: r. stephen newberry Email: stevnewbatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Bring back the BACK button Comments: What has become of the single most important "button" on the command bar? Without access to the BACK button, I have to restart Google from scratch every time I leave a page, and no longer can move froward to the next page on multi-page sites. This is INSANE!!!!!!!!!! So until I hear that you guys have zipped your fly and given us back the magic button, I will (sadly) go back to that maonstroonsity, Microsoft Internet Explorer. (Sob!) Very tru...

Please bring back Mozilla Firefox 2
Name: Robyn Rhoads Email: robynbird1ataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Please bring back Mozilla Firefox 2 Comments: I made the dreadful mistake of upgrading to Firefox 3 and now I can't get back to Firefox 2. 3 is a mess and doesn't work in so many areas. I hate go go to Safari but I will until 2 is back. I don't need hassles with my web browser. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Safari/525.21 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Please Bring Back The Best Browser #2
Name: Mick Pils Product: Firefox Summary: Please Bring Back The Best Browser Comments: Latest FF is rubbish. Used to be utterly brilliant. Too many bloatware features, slow, crashes, rubbish prompts that stop windows from shutting, absolutely dreadful URL bar.... You guys used to be the best IE 8 now You won't even let me complain without an illegal DDA Humaness check (sic) BTW leave the poor dead guy alone cuntz Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to re...

Bring the Back Button back!
Name: DeReK K. Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: Bring the Back Button back! Comments: Like the summary said, a browser without a back button would be kind of awkward and I use the back button all the time so that it loads quicker. So yeah please bring the back button back. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Delphi 2009
This is what I was worrying about before D12 rolls out, now the ansi/unicode chaos actually begins. Unicode is good, but it's no good at all for RFC message and commands. The unnecessary unicode conversion wastes processing power and memory. If you find a NNTP/email/telnet server which send/receive 16bit unicode as commands, please let me know...... Take IoHandler.readln() for example. The returned unicode string messes up MBCS characters completely, conversion to Unicode without a correct codepage or assuming it's a UTF8 content will destroy MBCS content. The messed-up conversio...

Firefox 2.0
Name: Andrea Sturm Email: andrea.sturm_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0 - Please bring back dynamic tabs! Comments: I just upgraded to 2.0 and have to say first that the developers have done a great job. It's quick, slick, and most changes really do make sense. Just a few hours, and I already love it. Well... mostly! Because using fixed-size-Tabs with really tiny scroll buttons to get to the other tabs does not make any sense at all. Please give us at least an option to make them "shrink-to-fit" again. If you do, this will be the best browse...

Bring back firefox 2's URL auto complete
Name: Wei Product: Firefox Summary: Bring back firefox 2's URL auto complete Comments: I don't like the new URL complete only from my bookmarks, I want firefox to auto complete from my browsing history. I don't want to retype the URL everytime and I don't want to bookmark that URL. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Web resources about - Indy9... TIdDNSResolver.. CNAME brings back SOA? #2 - embarcadero.delphi.winsock