Indy 10 Installation Delphi 5

Hi,

As a result of this POODLE thing, I have to upgrade our Delphi 5 program to use TLS instead of SSL3, so I was trying to upgrade from Indy 9 to Indy 10 (does some version of Indy 9 support TLSv1.2?). So after running the batch file that comes with the installation (Full_5.bat) and installing the component in Delphi 5. I go and drop a idIOhandlerSSL or whatever onto an empty form and get an error:

"Stack overflow - save your work and restart Delphi"

Anyone know how to get the installation to work?

Thanks!
0
Orren

Orren wrote:

> As a result of this POODLE thing, I have to upgrade our Delphi 5
> program to use TLS instead of SSL3, so I was trying to upgrade
> from Indy 9 to Indy 10

Indy 9 supported TLS v1.0.

> does some version of Indy 9 support TLSv1.2?

No.  Indy 9 supported only TLS v1.0.  You need Indy 10 for TLS v1.1 and v1.2.

> So after running the batch file that comes with the installation
> (Full_5.bat) and installing the component in Delphi 5.

The batch files exist primarily for C++Builder (the Delphi batch files stop
at D2009).  Personally, I prefer to compile and install the DPK files directly
from the IDE instead of the command-line.  Much easier that way.

> I go and drop a idIOhandlerSSL or whatever onto an empty form and get an
error:

> "Stack overflow - save your work and restart Delphi"

A stack overflow usually means a runaway recursive loop was executed.  There
is nothing in Indy component constructors that should be causing a recursive
loop, though.  I don't have D5 to test with, but I will try to reproduce
the issue in D7 when I have some free time.  In the meantime, try creating
the components dynamically in code at runtime instead of dropping them on
the Form at designtime.  If you still get the error, at least then you have
an entry point to step into Indy's code with the debugger to find out why
it is crashing.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> The batch files exist primarily for C++Builder (the Delphi batch files stop
> at D2009).  Personally, I prefer to compile and install the DPK files directly
> from the IDE instead of the command-line.  Much easier that way.
>
> A stack overflow usually means a runaway recursive loop was executed.  There
> is nothing in Indy component constructors that should be causing a recursive
> loop, though.  I don't have D5 to test with, but I will try to reproduce
> the issue in D7 when I have some free time.  In the meantime, try creating
> the components dynamically in code at runtime instead of dropping them on
> the Form at designtime.  If you still get the error, at least then you have
> an entry point to step into Indy's code with the debugger to find out why
> it is crashing.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Well, I did as you suggested. I recompiled each dpk for D5 and installed them manually and set a bunch of library paths to find everything. When I drop the component onto a form, it still gives me a call stack error. When I create the component manually and connect via ssl3 and tls1 it works...no call stack errors...so what does this mean with the component?

So while I can use the idssliohandlersocketopensll (or whatever its called) manually, it does not seem to work with tlsv1_1 or tlsv1_2. I downloaded and installed openssl dlls version 1.0.1j in the same directory as the exe and set the ssloptions.method := sslvTLSv1_1, and I get an "Error connecting with SSL. error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number"

Looks like I have a wrong version number, of what I do not know since that was the latest openssl I saw. Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Orren
0
Orren
10/21/2014 11:15:03 PM
Orren wrote:

> When I create the component manually and connect via ssl3 and
> tls1 it works...no call stack errors...so what does this mean with
> the component?

Without seeing the actual call stack leading up to the error, or reproducing
it myself, I can't answer that right now.

> So while I can use the idssliohandlersocketopensll (or whatever its
> called) manually, it does not seem to work with tlsv1_1 or tlsv1_2.

Yes, it does.  You just have to enable them in the Method or SSLVersions
property, as they are disabled by default.

> I downloaded and installed openssl dlls version 1.0.1j in the same
> directory as the exe and set the ssloptions.method := sslvTLSv1_1,
> and I get an "Error connecting with SSL. error:1408F10B:SSL
> routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number"

By setting the Method to sslvTLSv1_1, the IOHandler will use only TLS v1.1
and nothing else.  If the server is not also using TLS v1.1, and is not using
the SSLv23 wildcard (for version negotiation) with TLS v1.1 enabled, then
you will not be able to connect to that server using TLS v1.1.

> Looks like I have a wrong version number of what I do not know
> since that was the latest openssl I saw.

It is complaining about the SSL/TLS protocol version, not the DLL version.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> Orren wrote:
>
> Yes, it does.  You just have to enable them in the Method or SSLVersions
> property, as they are disabled by default.
>
> > I downloaded and installed openssl dlls version 1.0.1j in the same
> > directory as the exe and set the ssloptions.method := sslvTLSv1_1,
> > and I get an "Error connecting with SSL. error:1408F10B:SSL
> > routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number"
>
> By setting the Method to sslvTLSv1_1, the IOHandler will use only TLS v1.1
> and nothing else.  If the server is not also using TLS v1.1, and is not using
> the SSLv23 wildcard (for version negotiation) with TLS v1.1 enabled, then
> you will not be able to connect to that server using TLS v1.1.
>
> It is complaining about the SSL/TLS protocol version, not the DLL version.

So, if I am understanding you correctly, when I tested the components I chose a server that possibly didnt support TSLV1_1? and that would explain the "wrong version number"?

Thanks, much appreciated.
0
Orren
10/22/2014 1:13:18 AM
Orren wrote:

> So, if I am understanding you correctly, when I tested the components
> I chose a server that possibly didnt support TSLV1_1?

Sounds like it, yes.  Try using TLS v1.0 instead.  Most servers support TLS
v1.0, if not TLS v1.1+ yet.

> and that would explain the "wrong version number"?

Yes.  The error message is referring to a protocol version mismatch during
the handshake procedure.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> Sounds like it, yes.  Try using TLS v1.0 instead.  Most servers support TLS
> v1.0, if not TLS v1.1+ yet.

Thing is TLS1.0 was already available in Indy 9. i'll try and nail down a TLS1.1 server and make sure...

Thanks!
0
Orren
10/22/2014 3:57:17 PM
> {quote:title=Orren Grushkin wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> > Sounds like it, yes.  Try using TLS v1.0 instead.  Most servers support TLS
> > v1.0, if not TLS v1.1+ yet.

That was it - the server I was testing against did not support TLS 1.1+.

The component still crashes in the IDE - not sure how to debug that - but I can use it otherwise.

Thanks for the help...
0
Orren
> Orren wrote:
>
> > When I create the component manually and connect via ssl3 and
> > tls1 it works...no call stack errors...so what does this mean with
> > the component?
>
> Without seeing the actual call stack leading up to the error, or reproducing
> it myself, I can't answer that right now.

Hi,

Not very useful, but I just want to confirm that this happens with other Indy 10 components. I am using Indy 10 with Delphi 5. I installed the dpks, one by one, manually, as indicated. I get the same error when I drop a TIdUDPClient component on the form. And yes... it does otherwise work if I create the component in code. May it be something that has to do with property writing/reading to/from the dfm?

Marco Rocci
0
Marco
1/9/2015 9:19:18 AM
Marco wrote:

> May it be something that has to do with property writing/reading
> to/from the dfm?

Again, I cannot answer that without more info about where the exception is
actually occuring.  Have you tried running a second instance of the IDE to
debug the first instance?  You do know you can debug the IDE itself, right?
 It is a useful feature when encountering problems in design-time code.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

HOW TO INSTALL Indy 10.5.7 in Delphi 2007 IDe from * Tiburon.zip * distribu
Date 25/05/2010 By Davide Spano e-mail davide.spano@armfield.co.uk ********************************************************************************** HOW TO INSTALL Indy 10.5.7 in Delphi 2007 IDe from * Tiburon.zip * distribution ********************************************************************************** - 0 What version of Indy I have in my IDE? To find out.. Create a new VCL project with a form and drag whatever of the components that are in the IDE Indy tool palette section (TIdTCPClient or other) then right click and select About Internet Dir...

Encoding issues with Delphi 2007 and Indy 10.5.5
Hi, I'm using the last snapshot of Indy 10 (Rev 3539) with Delphi 2007 under a French version of Windows Vista. I just discovered that some characters wasn't transferred correctly, probably since the Unicode update (AFAIK that worked fine with Indy 10.2.3). They are replaced by '?' on the other end of the connection. For instance, this code : procedure TForm2.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); begin IdTCPClient1.Connect; IdTCPClient1.IOHandler.WriteLn('£'); end; procedure TForm2.IdTCPServer1Execute(AContext: TIdContext); var S: string;...

Indy 10.5.8/Delphi 5 (SMTP) getting "... temporary failure"
Everything has been working fine for over a year, but now a customer is getting the above error. Actually, the program simply bombs on their system. That error only shows up when running inside Delphi. It never makes it outside of Indy code before bombing the program. Two things: this only happens after several e-mails are sent in a short period of time. Also, this was not a problem before, when the program ran MUCH slower, due to BDE/SQL speed issues. We are now using the Advantage database server, which makes everything run much faster. We know there is a problem if we go over 250 e-ma...

Delphi 2009
Hello, I am using Delphi 2009 with a recent Indy 10.5.5 development snapshot. In my code I am using a TIDHttp with TIDSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL. The Open SLL .dlls I am using is from the the indy website and are openssl-0.9.8k-i386-win32. The issue is, randomly, I am getting a socket error # 0 error. I never got this error with Delphi 2007 and Indy 10.2.3. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you. The code looks something like this: var sHttpResult, sVar, sParam: string; ssHttpResult : TStringStream; slPostData : TStringList; begin IdSSL.CheckForDi...

migrating from Delphi 6 With Indy 10 to XE7 with Indy 10
I updated the original Indy in D6 to version 10 several years ago. Now I want to migrate my application from D6 to XE7 and would like some feedback on the best route to take. I usually send data using readln and writeln statements. The data is typically XML format. Since migrating to XE7 will include potential unicode data what is the best approach to take when reading and writing data? Will writeln and readln work in these cases or should I be using a different strategy to send unicode data between the tidtcpclient and tidtcpserver applications? al wrote: > I usually send data ...

Indy 10 install problem / Delphi 2006
I recently did a wipe-and-reinstall on my PC. I installed Delphi 2006 and now I am trying to install the newer version of Indy10 as the one that comes with the Delphi 2006 install has bugs. I followed the instructions I found here: http://www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Docs/Indy10Installation.EN.aspx and I downloaded the new version from here: http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/indy10.zip I unzipped the relevant directories into a new subdirectory I created under C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\source\Indy10New\Lib When I began step 3, which says "Now open these .dpk files and click install...

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Indy 10 Delphi 5 support broken (SMTP and SSL)?
Hi, I need to update an Delphi 5 program to send e-mails via gmail's SMTP interface. So installed few days old Indy 10 snapshot (from http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/ filename was Indy10_4675.zip). I also downloaded OpenSSL DLLs from there (http://indy.fulgan.com/SSL/openssl-1.0.0d-i386-win32-rev2.zip). But the program dissapears when trying to send mail. There is no error message, it is just gone, probably stack overflow... So I created simple test program and the same thing happens with it. However, when compiling the test program with Delphi 2010 it works OK! So it looks like t...

how to compile and install indy 10.2.3 in delphi 2009
hi all. in my delphi 2007 application, indy 10.2.3 works very fine for me. however, when i update delphi to 2009, i found indy 10.2.5, which is the default indy version of delphi 2009, at least the following bugs: 1,TIdMultiPartFormDataStream does not support unicode any more, 2,TidHttp has bugs, 3,TidMessage has changed .. .. all of these have changed my application. so i wonder whether i can compile and install indy 10.2.3 in delphi 2009 to revive my application? or can i compile other compatible version which has little change with 10.2.3 in delphi 2009? (i have tried to compi...

Indy 10 Delphi 5 support broken (SMTP and SSL)?
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_5f0e5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Simple test program for SMTP and gmail test, see embarcadero.public.delphi.thirdpartytools.general group. ain --JivePart=_5f0e5.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="smtpTest.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="smtpTest.zip" UEsDBBQAAAAIAMN8Jz+JAV9RhgAAALwAA...

Web resources about - Indy 10 Installation Delphi 5 - embarcadero.delphi.winsock

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - Installation of a Ductless Air Conditioning System
Hochgeladen am 19.07.2011 Shop our ductless systems online http://ingramswaterandair.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=ductless&am... ...

New Apple Campus 2 video shows installation of massive glass panels
... throughout Apple's Campus 2 construction site, showing extensive progress including the beginning of interior and exterior glazing installation ...