Indy 10 install problem / Delphi 2006

I recently did a wipe-and-reinstall on my PC. I installed Delphi 2006 and now I am trying to install the newer version of Indy10 as the one that comes with the Delphi 2006 install has bugs.
I followed the instructions I found here: http://www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Docs/Indy10Installation.EN.aspx
and I downloaded the new version from here: http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/indy10.zip

I unzipped the relevant directories into a new subdirectory I created under C:\Program Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\source\Indy10New\Lib

When I began step 3, which says "Now open these .dpk files and click install in the following order:

         1. dclIndyCoreX0.dpk (in Lib\Core)"

I opened dclIndyCoreX100.dpk and clicked Install and got the message "The procedure entry point @Idglobal@IndyStrToInt$qqrx17System@AnsiStringi could not be located in the dynamic link library IndySystem100.bpl." 
After I clicked Ok, I got the message "Can't load package C:\Documents and Settings\Maggie Owens\My Documents\Borland Studio Projects\Bpl\dclIndyCore100.bpl.
The specified procedure could not be found."

dclIndyCore100.bpl does exist in that directory.

I had similar problems the last time I tried to install the new version of Indy and no longer recall exactly how I resolved the problem. I am, however, sure I didn't have to edit the source code.
0
Maggie
11/17/2008 9:41:25 PM
embarcadero.delphi.winsock 1874 articles. 2 followers. Follow

7 Replies
2238 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 43

<Maggie Owens> wrote in message news:44797@forums.codegear.com...

> I downloaded the new version from here: 
> http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/indy10.zip

That is not the latest version of Indy 10.  Download "IndyTiburon.zip" 
instead.

> I opened dclIndyCoreX100.dpk and clicked Install and got the message
> "The procedure entry point @Idglobal@IndyStrToInt$qqrx17System@AnsiStringi
> could not be located in the dynamic link library IndySystem100.bpl."

You did not remove all of the old Indy files that shipped with D2006 first. 
You need to do that before you can install a newer version.

-- 
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy
11/17/2008 10:20:08 PM
Thanks for your reply. I downloaded IndyTiburon (I hope this won't require any source code changes!) and followed the same instructions as before. It still doesn't work -- when I try to install dclIndyCore100, I get the message "The procedure entry point @Idglobal@IndyStrToInt$qqrx17System@AnsiStringi could not be located in the dynamic link library IndySystem100.bpl. "

Before compiling the new packages and attempting to install this one, I removed the packages from Delphi. I checked the list at least four times to make sure they are gone.

Did I miss something? What should I do now?

Thanks again.

> {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> <Maggie Owens> wrote in message news:44797@forums.codegear.com...
> 
> > I downloaded the new version from here: 
> > http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/indy10.zip
> 
> That is not the latest version of Indy 10.  Download "IndyTiburon.zip" 
> instead.
> 
> > I opened dclIndyCoreX100.dpk and clicked Install and got the message
> > "The procedure entry point @Idglobal@IndyStrToInt$qqrx17System@AnsiStringi
> > could not be located in the dynamic link library IndySystem100.bpl."
> 
> You did not remove all of the old Indy files that shipped with D2006 first. 
> You need to do that before you can install a newer version.
> 
> -- 
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Maggie
11/18/2008 3:43:14 PM
Oops... I found the files Indy100.bpl, IndyCore100.bpl, IndyProtocols100.bpl and IndySystem100.bpl and deleted them, then recompiled the first three files and was able to install the last two successfully.

However, I'd still like to know what kind of changes to my source code this is going to require.

> {quote:title=Maggie Owens wrote:}{quote}
> Thanks for your reply. I downloaded IndyTiburon (I hope this won't require any source code changes!) and followed the same instructions as before. It still doesn't work -- when I try to install dclIndyCore100, I get the message "The procedure entry point @Idglobal@IndyStrToInt$qqrx17System@AnsiStringi could not be located in the dynamic link library IndySystem100.bpl. "
> 
> Before compiling the new packages and attempting to install this one, I removed the packages from Delphi. I checked the list at least four times to make sure they are gone.
> 
> Did I miss something? What should I do now?
> 
> Thanks again.
> 
> > {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> > <Maggie Owens> wrote in message news:44797@forums.codegear.com...
> > 
> > > I downloaded the new version from here: 
> > > http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/indy10.zip
> > 
> > That is not the latest version of Indy 10.  Download "IndyTiburon.zip" 
> > instead.
> > 
> > > I opened dclIndyCoreX100.dpk and clicked Install and got the message
> > > "The procedure entry point @Idglobal@IndyStrToInt$qqrx17System@AnsiStringi
> > > could not be located in the dynamic link library IndySystem100.bpl."
> > 
> > You did not remove all of the old Indy files that shipped with D2006 first. 
> > You need to do that before you can install a newer version.
> > 
> > -- 
> > Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Maggie
11/18/2008 4:38:36 PM
<Maggie Owens> wrote in message news:45066@forums.codegear.com...

> Thanks for your reply. I downloaded IndyTiburon (I hope this won't
> require any source code changes!) and followed the same instructions
> as before. It still doesn't work -- when I try to install dclIndyCore100,
> I get the message "The procedure entry point 
> @Idglobal@IndyStrToInt$qqrx17System@AnsiStringi
> could not be located in the dynamic link library IndySystem100.bpl. "

As I told you earlier, you have to remove the older Indy installation first. 
The IDE ships with an older Indy version that you have to remove before you 
can install a newer version.

> Before compiling the new packages and attempting to install this one,
> I removed the packages from Delphi.

That is only the first step.  You need to also delete/rename the actual 
files themselves as well.

-- 
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy
11/18/2008 6:09:50 PM
<Maggie Owens> wrote in message news:45085@forums.codegear.com...

> However, I'd still like to know what kind of changes to my
> source code this is going to require.

That depends on what your code looks like to begin with, and what version of 
Indy it is written for.

-- 
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy
11/18/2008 6:10:48 PM
Deleting the files was the one step I missed.

My main use of Indy is to send mail, usually with attachments. I also use it for FTP. Is any of this changed?

> {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> <Maggie Owens> wrote in message news:45066@forums.codegear.com...
> 
> > Thanks for your reply. I downloaded IndyTiburon (I hope this won't
> > require any source code changes!) and followed the same instructions
> > as before. It still doesn't work -- when I try to install dclIndyCore100,
> > I get the message "The procedure entry point 
> > @Idglobal@IndyStrToInt$qqrx17System@AnsiStringi
> > could not be located in the dynamic link library IndySystem100.bpl. "
> 
> As I told you earlier, you have to remove the older Indy installation first. 
> The IDE ships with an older Indy version that you have to remove before you 
> can install a newer version.
> 
> > Before compiling the new packages and attempting to install this one,
> > I removed the packages from Delphi.
> 
> That is only the first step.  You need to also delete/rename the actual 
> files themselves as well.
> 
> -- 
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Maggie
11/18/2008 6:12:34 PM
<Maggie Owens> wrote in message news:45132@forums.codegear.com...

> My main use of Indy is to send mail, usually with attachments.
> I also use it for FTP. Is any of this changed?

There have been internal enhancements made.  But whether any of that affects 
your code, again I cannot say for sure since you have not shown your code.

-- 
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy
11/18/2008 7:05:12 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Converting Delphi 2007 Indy 10.2.3 to Delphi 2009 Indy 10.5.5 [Edit]
Hello, I am currently attempting to port over a Delphi 2007 project that uses Indy 10.2.3 (very successfully) to Delphi 2009 and Indy 10.5.5 (I just got the latest development build this morning). I think I am running into an encoding issue, but am not sure. Specifically, IDHTTP with SSL calls an old CGI and the CGI returns a .zip file and I then save it to the disk. In 2007 and before this worked perfectly. In 2009, it is not. Here is the examples of the 2 different results (though cut way short in the post) I am getting back: 2007: 'PK'#3#4#$14#0#0#0#8#0'rLQ9žrPb€'#0...

Indy E-Mail Problem (Indy 10, Delphi 2007)
Hello, we use Indy 10 with Delphi 2007 to get E-Mail using IMAP. We recieved an E-Mail which is not handled correctly. The E-Mail looks like this {code} Return-Path: <test@mail.com>; From: "Test Tester" <test@mail.com>; To: <test@mail.com>; Subject: Order Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:50:40 +0100 Message-ID: <15D526BEB8091D43859549D9E16E370FBA3123> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 14.0 Thread-Index: AQFk6K6fcF3...

Indy 10 Installation Delphi 5
Hi, As a result of this POODLE thing, I have to upgrade our Delphi 5 program to use TLS instead of SSL3, so I was trying to upgrade from Indy 9 to Indy 10 (does some version of Indy 9 support TLSv1.2?). So after running the batch file that comes with the installation (Full_5.bat) and installing the component in Delphi 5. I go and drop a idIOhandlerSSL or whatever onto an empty form and get an error: "Stack overflow - save your work and restart Delphi" Anyone know how to get the installation to work? Thanks! Orren wrote: > As a result of this POODLE thing, I have t...

migrating from Delphi 6 With Indy 10 to XE7 with Indy 10
I updated the original Indy in D6 to version 10 several years ago. Now I want to migrate my application from D6 to XE7 and would like some feedback on the best route to take. I usually send data using readln and writeln statements. The data is typically XML format. Since migrating to XE7 will include potential unicode data what is the best approach to take when reading and writing data? Will writeln and readln work in these cases or should I be using a different strategy to send unicode data between the tidtcpclient and tidtcpserver applications? al wrote: > I usually send data ...

Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE Crystal BPL problem [Edit]
I am in the process of migrating our application from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE and, for ease of use, I have both 2006 and XE installed on my development computer. I access Crystal Reports XI RDC in our application and so I rebuilt the BPL in XE in order to add the new package to XE. However, when I try to add the package to XE I get the error message: “Registration procedure, Craxddrt_tbl.Register in the package c:\Documents and Settings\All Uers\Documents\RADS Studio\8.0\BPL\Crystal.bpl raised exception class EFilerError: Component TDatabase can’t be registered by package crystal.bpl be...

Problem with IdIPMCastClient Indy 10 Delphi 2009
Migrating an app from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009, I have run into a problem with IdIPMCastClient. Set Active to false raise exception 10049 cannot set address. Close the socket or reset socket you get either 10022 or 10038 If you disconnect and connect again by the 3rd time you will not receive any data. Having trouble updating to lastest dev snapshot. Any suggestions Regards Mike > {quote:title=Michael DuPree wrote:}{quote} > Migrating an app from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009, I have run into a problem with IdIPMCastClient. > Set Active to false raise exception 10049 cannot ...

Problem about Indy 10, IdTelnet component in Delphi 2009
Dear all: I make a simple test telnet program communicate with a linux server , through Idtelnet component , I specify the host property with a server ip, use a button to connect to the server . and display the welcome message in a memo . code as blew : procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); begin Telnet.Connect; end; procedure TForm1.TelnetDataAvailable(Sender: TIdTelnet; const Buffer: string); begin Memo1.Lines.Add(Buffer); end; But when I click the button , the message displayed in the memo is like " }} }#}' ", not the normal...

Delphi 2009 and Indy 10 CharSet encoding problem
Hi guys, I'm sending some e-mails with my app, but the body text of my messages isnt displaying like expected ... example: I write some text with this characters ç ã é ó the text is changed to another char like "g". How can I fix that ? I've tryed to change the CharSet to Windows 1252 but nothing happened ... Any tips ? Regards, Diego Garcia -- Regards, Loki "Loki Man" <lokiman@hoknows.com> wrote in message news:51554@forums.codegear.com... > I've tryed to change the CharSet to Windows 1252 but noth...

Can I safely install Turbo Delphi 2006 .NET on top of Delphi 2005 (Win 32)
I have a Delphi 2005 Win32 installation. When I originally installed it I had no need for the .NET Framework. Now I would like to learn the .NET framework. Going back to the Delphi 2005 install disk and trying to install the . NET Framework has not been succesful. Can I install the Turbo Delphi 2006 .NET Framework and have it co-exist nicely with my existing Delphi 2005 Win32 system? Thank you. ...

Delphi XE2 - Indy 10
Dear folks As result of security issues one of the email services in NZ has changed the settings of their email server. It used to be port 25 and outgoing mail was SMTP.xtra.co.nz. The port is now 465 and outgoing mail is now send.xtra.co.nz. The client configuration requires authentication and a secure connection (SSL). The result is that my code to connect for everyone using that provider is now "busted". I have changed the port and outgoing host accordingly. And have set the IOHandler of idSMTP as IdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL1. With the Authtype as satSASL. I have als...

how to compile and install indy 10.2.3 in delphi 2009
hi all. in my delphi 2007 application, indy 10.2.3 works very fine for me. however, when i update delphi to 2009, i found indy 10.2.5, which is the default indy version of delphi 2009, at least the following bugs: 1,TIdMultiPartFormDataStream does not support unicode any more, 2,TidHttp has bugs, 3,TidMessage has changed .. .. all of these have changed my application. so i wonder whether i can compile and install indy 10.2.3 in delphi 2009 to revive my application? or can i compile other compatible version which has little change with 10.2.3 in delphi 2009? (i have tried to compi...

Delphi 2009 / indy 10 html email unicode problem
I have updating an email application to delphi 2009 from delphi 2006. I now have the problem that html emails in in cyrrilic or greek are not send correctly. The code I used is: with IdMessage do begin clear; IsEncoded := true; Charset := 'utf-8'; ContentType :='multipart/alternative'; Encoding := meMime; UseNowForDate := true; Subject := MailSjabloon.Subject; From.Name := MailSjabloon.AfzenderNaam; From.Address ...

Problem installing latest version of indy libs in Delphi XE
Hi all ! I recently downloaded and installed the latest Indy snapshot. I followed the "Indy 10 Installation Instructions"; compiled everything in the right order, added the paths to the libs and so on... Now, every time I enter in Delphi XE, I have the following error message (The message is in French, but I'll try to translate it correctly) : The entry point for procedure @Idhttp@TidCustomHTTP@GetRequestHeaders$qqrv cannot be found in the dynamic library IndyProtocols150.bpl. What can I do to fix this problem ? Thanks, Stephan St-Denis "Stephan S...

delphi 7 Indy 9 and Indy 10
Hi, I can upgrade to indy 10 in delphi 7. But I have discover that indy 9 and Indy 10 have some different properties, so i had to change my old programs that were made in indy 9 to upgrade it to new version, but it is a long work. So I want to know if it is possible to install in the same delphi 7 both versions indy 10 and indy 9. I have tried to do it but i received a error message: Cannot load package 'IndySystem70'. It contains unit 'IdWinSock2', which is also contained in package 'Indy70'. Some can give me ideas or a link to read how to install both versi...

Web resources about - Indy 10 install problem / Delphi 2006 - embarcadero.delphi.winsock

Nullsoft Scriptable Install System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article has an unclear citation style . The references used may be made clearer with a different or consistent style of citation , footnoting ...

Facebook Asks Users To Install Messenger For Windows
Just days after officially rolling out Messenger for Windows , Facebook has begun prompting people to install the application. Some Facebook ...

Drive Mobile App Awareness and Installs Over The Holidays
Just in time for the holidays, we're announcing new buying, creative and targeting options for Facebook mobile app ads.

New ways to reach the right people with mobile app install ads
Since we launched mobile app install ads six months ago, we have added several new features to improve the product for users and developers. ...

Facebook Director of Product Management Doug Purdy discusses Parse, Mobile App Install Ads
... discussed about mobile app discovery difficulties faced by developers. He discussed how developers can use the platform to drive app installations ...

WA Premier Colin Barnett urges City of Joondalup to install shark net at Sorrento Beach - PerthNow Search ...
PREMIER Colin Barnett has urged the City of Joondalup to “get on with it” and install a shark net at Sorrento Beach.

Vermont utility says it will be the first to install Tesla powerwalls in the US
... Power) Customers of Green Mountain Power (GMP) in Vermont will be the first in the US to have Tesla Powerwall stationary batteries installed ...

Adware uses Android's accessibility features to install malware
There’s an adware out there which uses features for the visually impaired to install malicious apps on an Android-powered device. The worst part ...

Microsoft confirms Windows 10 tried to secretly install itself on old machines
Yes, not too long ago, Microsoft apologized for automatically installing Windows 10 on older Windows 7 or Windows 8 machines. But although Microsoft ...

Don't want to install that smartphone app? With Google, you may not have to
The search giant is experimenting with tech that lets you use apps without downloading them. It's part of Google's plan to keep its crown when ...

Resources last updated: 12/12/2015 5:15:24 PM