How to find network availability and broadcast ip #6

I am using xe7.1 and I need to make a cross platform application that uses
TIdUDPServer

I will exchange UDP packets with other devices in the same network

However i need to:

1) know if there is a network available (no need of internet, just a local
network)
2) calculate the broadcast ip, since using the 255.255.255.255 is blocked
in many home routers.

I prefer using Indy in a way that can be trully cross platform.

Many thanks for any help...

Eduardo
0
Eduardo

PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST.... SOMEHOW MY NNTP CLIENT DUPLICATED IT

Hello Eduardo,

> I am using xe7.1 and I need to make a cross platform application that
> uses TIdUDPServer
>
> I will exchange UDP packets with other devices in the same network
>
> However i need to:
>
> 1) know if there is a network available (no need of internet, just a
> local
> network)
> 2) calculate the broadcast ip, since using the 255.255.255.255 is
> blocked
> in many home routers.
> I prefer using Indy in a way that can be trully cross platform.
>
> Many thanks for any help...
>
> Eduardo

0
Eduardo