how to compile and install indy 10.2.3 in delphi 2009

hi all.
in my delphi 2007 application, indy 10.2.3 works very fine for me.
however, when i update delphi to 2009, i found indy 10.2.5, which is the default
indy version of delphi 2009, at least the following bugs:
1,TIdMultiPartFormDataStream does not support unicode any more,
2,TidHttp has bugs,
3,TidMessage has changed
..
..
all of these have changed my application. so i wonder whether i can compile
 and install indy 10.2.3 in  delphi 2009 to revive my application? or can i compile
other compatible version which has little change with 10.2.3 in delphi 2009?
(i have tried to compile indy 10.2.3 in delphi 2009, but compiler report many errors)
BTW: could anyone tell me the revision code of indy project just before the release
 of indy 10.2.3?
 thanks in advance.

ZhangJian from Beijing.
0
Zhang

<Zhang jian> wrote in message news:238039@forums.embarcadero.com...

> in my delphi 2007 application, indy 10.2.3 works very fine for me.
> however, when i update delphi to 2009, i found indy 10.2.5,
> which is the default indy version of delphi 2009, at least the
> following bugs:

Yes, it had several big bugs that were fixed in later snapshot releases.

> TIdMultiPartFormDataStream does not support unicode any more,

It did not support Unicode to begin with in that version.

> so i wonder whether i can compile and install indy 10.2.3 in
> delphi 2009 to revive my application?

10.2.3 pre-dates the VCL's switch to Unicode in D2009.  It would not be
advisable to try using 10.2.3 in D2009 onwards.  A lot of things are likely
to break in Indy's internals because that that switch from AnsiString to
UnicodeString.

> can i compile other compatible version

The current Indy version, 10.5.7, supports D2009 and later.

> which has little change with 10.2.3 in delphi 2009?

There have been major changes to Indy after 10.2.3 because of the switch to
Unicode.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Indy 10.6 compilation with Delphi 2009
With the current Subversion branch, the Delphi 2009 compiler shows these errors: C:\Delphi\indy-10.6\Lib\System\IdStackWindows.pas(287) Error: E2137 Method 'GetSocketOption' not found in base class C:\Delphi\indy-10.6\Lib\System\IdStackWindows.pas(289) Error: E2137 Method 'SetSocketOption' not found in base class C:\Delphi\indy-10.6\Lib\System\IdStackWindows.pas(322) Fatal: F2063 Could not compile used unit 'IdIDN.pas' TIdStackWindows in System\IdStackWindows.pas, Lines 287 to 290: procedure GetSocketOption(ASocket: TIdStackSocketHandle; ALevel...

10.2.2->10.3 Works, just 10.3 install doesn't
I have a very odd issue. If i install 10.2.2 and then upgrade it to 10.3 through the system update deployment, everything works fine. If i try to install 10.3 on a fresh machine without installing 10.2.2 first it starts failing on things like downloading DAU, downloading group policy files, etc. Any ideas? I have run the post-10.3 patch after installing it the day it came out. I have rebuilt my preagent packages.....still not working... Primary Server 1 10.3 Win2k8 Primary Server 2 10.3 Linux VMware appliance clients are all windows xp sp3 -- adisarro ---------...

Delphi 2009 Installation #2
I installed Delphi 2009. I used the defaults, and the install went without a hitch. When I open Delphi 2009 and create a new VCL forms application - Delphi, on run or compile I get the following error: [DCC Fatal Error] Types.pas(641): F2039 Could not create output file 'c:\program files (x86)\codegear\rad studio\6.0\SOURCE\WIN32\RTL\SYS\Types.dcu' I tried right clicking the Delphi 2009 startmenu choice and choosing run as an administrator. This brings this error instead: [DCC Fatal Error] Variants.pas(1063): F2092 Program or unit 'Variants' recursively use...

Delphi 2009 and 64bit Compiler? #2
Hello, I have Delphi 2009, I can see we can choose compilation type for ressource currently (Windows 3.1, 16 bit, 32bit)... My question is can we expect a same for 64 bit compiler for executable in update or plugin (maybe SP2) for Delphi 2009? Thank you. Best regards, Bruno ...

Indy and Delphi 2009 Update 3?
Hi, I have a piece of code that has worked fine from D7 -> D2006 -> D2009U2 (including Unicode support) that essentially creates a custom TCP connection between two applications and the sends custom data in the form <message this or that> and <message somethingelse> between these apps. (Conceived before WCF, Datasnap etc). There is a bit more to it than that, but that is the basic idea. From D2009U3 the data sometimes arrives at the recipient like: <message this o<message somethingelse> that is, the end of one message has been cut off and is missin...

Indy 10 Installation Delphi 5
Hi, As a result of this POODLE thing, I have to upgrade our Delphi 5 program to use TLS instead of SSL3, so I was trying to upgrade from Indy 9 to Indy 10 (does some version of Indy 9 support TLSv1.2?). So after running the batch file that comes with the installation (Full_5.bat) and installing the component in Delphi 5. I go and drop a idIOhandlerSSL or whatever onto an empty form and get an error: "Stack overflow - save your work and restart Delphi" Anyone know how to get the installation to work? Thanks! Orren wrote: > As a result of this POODLE thing, I have t...

Delphi XE cannot compile Indy 10
I got a new development PC running Windiows 7. I cannot get Delphi 2006 to run on it (Registration problems) So I purchased Delphi XE. I expected problems compiling due to strings etc, but I did no expect problems with Indy10. ALL my programs use Indy10. I get this error, and I have absolutely no idea where to begin. In Unit IdWinsock2: function Stub_WSALookupServiceBegin(var qsRestrictions: {$IFDEF UNDER_CE}TWSAQuerySetW{$ELSE}TWSAQuerySet{$ENDIF}; const dwControlFlags: DWORD; var hLookup: THandle): Integer; stdcall; begin {$IFDEF UNICODE} @WSALookupServiceBegin := Fixu...

Indy IdHMACSHA1 different results in Delphi 2007 and Delphi 2009
Hello newsgroup A test of the IdHMACSHA1 encryption method shows different results, and I am not sure if there is an error in my code or in the Indy code shipped with Delphi 2009. The Delphi 2007 version works in an application which communicates with Amazon Web Services and so it seems to be the correct one. Any suggestions are very welcome, maybe I just need to download a newer version of Indy? program Test; {$APPTYPE CONSOLE} uses IdHMACSHA1, IdCoderMIME, IdGlobal, SysUtils; function Base64Encode(const Input: string): string; begin Result := TIdEncode...

migrating from Delphi 6 With Indy 10 to XE7 with Indy 10
I updated the original Indy in D6 to version 10 several years ago. Now I want to migrate my application from D6 to XE7 and would like some feedback on the best route to take. I usually send data using readln and writeln statements. The data is typically XML format. Since migrating to XE7 will include potential unicode data what is the best approach to take when reading and writing data? Will writeln and readln work in these cases or should I be using a different strategy to send unicode data between the tidtcpclient and tidtcpserver applications? al wrote: > I usually send data ...

3.1 through 3.2.2
Hi. Many people, myself included, seem to encounter this problem. There is a way to fix the symptoms (by manually installing the modules), but this dosn't address the cause, which to this day remains a mystery. There have been reports on "fixed" installs that later on became troublesome, so I'm pretty eager to nail this one, before I allow my editors to invest a lot of time in the portal. 1. We are talking about remote and shared hosting. 2. Clean installs. 3. It doesn't matter if the install file is unzipped on the server or all the files are uploaded individually. 4. At least versions...

10.2.0 to 10.3.3
When deploying an update to the ZCM Agent on various workstations from 10.2 (exact sub-version unknown, I can get it if necessary) to 10.3.3 with the requisite stopover at 10.3.0a, in many though not all cases the update "hangs" waiting for CASA.MSI to be processed. During the processing of CASA.MSI, it launches a sub-process of 'micasad.exe /install'. (In some cases it does this twice, the second time with additional arguments for a REINSTALL scenario.) micasad.exe itself then launches a sub-process of 'regsvr32 /s /n /i lcredmgr.dll' (with full paths, ...

Delphi 2009 broken after installing Update 2
I let the automatic Update 2 for Delphi 2009 run and after it compleated I can no longer compile any Win32 application When I try I get the error Class not registered, ClassID: {410C0C78-0AFB-4FEC-9530-B41D86B0792d}, with details giving me [5005EB1C]{rtl120.bpl } ComObj.OleError (Line 1270, "ComObj.pas" + 1) + $11 [5005EB2B]{rtl120.bpl } ComObj.OleCheck (Line 1277, "ComObj.pas" + 0) + $7 [5005EE4C]{rtl120.bpl } ComObj.CreateComObject (Line 1365, "ComObj.pas" + 2) + $1A [21D44C16]{dotnetcoreide120.bpl} Borland_Studio_Interop_TLB.CoMSBuildProjectInte...

Web resources about - how to compile and install indy 10.2.3 in delphi 2009 - embarcadero.delphi.winsock

Compile (publisher) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Compile was a Japanese videogame developer, most notable for having developed the Puyo Puyo series, based on their Madou Monogatari franchise, ...

Information Is Power: Facebook Develops ThreatData To Compile Data On Web Threats
Part of being able to combat malware, phishing, and other online threats is gathering and consolidating as much data on those threats as possible, ...

Credit Suisse compiles yuan winners and losers list: report
... the lowers. A list of Australian winners and losers from the decision by China’s government to devalue the renminbi has reportedly been compiled ...

Beijing residents compile own death toll in flooding
Beijing residents fed up with a lack of official updates are compiling their own death tolls for last weekend's deadly floods in the capital, ...

New report compiles 25 years of UFO sightings in Canada
A Winnipeg group called Ufology Research has compiled and analyzed reported sightings of UFOs across Canada over the last 25 years.

China's nat'l library to compile book on Diaoyu Islands
China's nat'l library to compile book on Diaoyu Islands People's Daily Online ... States, Australia and the United Kingdom. The book is aimed ...

Googlers compile holiday search tips in rap video to help Santa with flight
Google is in full holiday swing (what, you haven't heard?). They just posted, on YouTube, a rap video that was put together by its employees, ...

Popular Dating Site Compiles 15 Stupid Reasons To Date A Lawyer
A new listicle describes a really horrible person to date and then says, “we think lawyers are probably this awful, go date them!” Continue ...

Author Compiles Lively L.A. Times History Lesson
Long before Eli Broad , Rupert Murdoch and people willing to pay $140 million for the Las Vegas Review-Journal, there was Harrison Gray Otis ...

Japan, China compile written pledge to improve ties ahead of summit
Japan and China reached a rare written agreement on Nov. 7 to improve relations strained by a territorial dispute over the Senkaku Islands in ...