delphi 7 Indy 9 and Indy 10

Hi, I can upgrade to indy 10 in delphi 7.  But I have discover that indy 9
and Indy 10 have some different properties, so i had to change my old
programs that were made in indy 9 to upgrade it to new version, but it is a
long work. So I want to know if it is possible to install in the same delphi
7 both versions indy 10 and indy 9. I have tried to do it but i received a
error message:
Cannot load package 'IndySystem70'. It contains unit 'IdWinSock2', which is
also contained in package 'Indy70'.

Some can give me ideas or a link to read how to install both versions.

Thanks in advance

IVO
0
IVO

<IVO OCHOA> wrote in message news:157696@forums.codegear.com...

> I have discover that indy 9 and Indy 10 have some different properties

Indy 9 and 10 are not compatible with each other at all.  Indy 10 was a
major re-write, and thus has different internal architectures than Indy 9
had.

> So I want to know if it is possible to install in the same delphi
> 7 both versions indy 10 and indy 9.

Technically yes, but not easily.  You would have to have both versions
installed but disabled globally, and then enable one or the other (not both)
on a per-project basis as needed.

> I have tried to do it but i received a error message:
> Cannot load package 'IndySystem70'. It contains unit 'IdWinSock2',
> which is also contained in package 'Indy70'.

You cannot have both versions active in the same project at the same time.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

migrating from Delphi 6 With Indy 10 to XE7 with Indy 10
I updated the original Indy in D6 to version 10 several years ago. Now I want to migrate my application from D6 to XE7 and would like some feedback on the best route to take. I usually send data using readln and writeln statements. The data is typically XML format. Since migrating to XE7 will include potential unicode data what is the best approach to take when reading and writing data? Will writeln and readln work in these cases or should I be using a different strategy to send unicode data between the tidtcpclient and tidtcpserver applications? al wrote: > I usually send data ...

Delphi 7, Indy 9
I'm using the following server code object frmServer1: TfrmServer1 Left = 1303 Top = 165 Width = 542 Height = 378 Caption = 'Server 1' Color = clWindow Ctl3D = False Font.Charset = DEFAULT_CHARSET Font.Color = clWindowText Font.Height = -11 Font.Name = 'Microsoft Sans Serif' Font.Style = [] OldCreateOrder = False PixelsPerInch = 96 TextHeight = 13 object btnClose: TRzBitBtn Left = 8 Top = 8 Width = 121 Color = 10663620 Font.Charset = DEFAULT_CHARSET Font.Color = clWhite Font.Height = -11 ...

Delphi 7 Indy 9 HTTPS
We have been using Indy 9 HTTP for quite a few years. We suddenly need to also do HTTPS requests. The receiving end will not be doing authentication (we have no idea why), it is just they require HTTPS instead of HTTP. Can we do HTTPS with Indy 9? Our code for HTTP is pretty simple: we build a REST command and pass it via {code} Response := HTTP.Get(REST_Command); {/code} Thanks for any help you can provide. Jack wrote: > Can we do HTTPS with Indy 9? Yes. Attach a TIdSSLIOHandlerSocket component to the TIdHTTP.IOHandler property and configure the TIdSSLIOHandlerSoc...

Delphi 7 & Indy 10
I just installed Indy 10 in D7 all went fine until I attempted to compile and install the Supercore. When compiling IndySuperCore70.dpk got an error in IdFiber.pas Undeclared Identifier IfTrue, lines 227,228 & 352 also IfNotAssigned line 453. Don't think I'll need this package just wanted to pass the info on. Thanks, Don "Don Patrick" <donpatrick@cox.net> wrote in message news:159323@forums.codegear.com... > I just installed Indy 10 in D7 all went fine until I attempted to > compile and install the Supercore. Do not bother with SuperCore. ...

Delphi 7, INDY 10 and FastMM
Hi everybody, I installed a version from April 2010 of INDY 10. I use the latest version of FastMM4. I use Delphi 7 Enteprise. In the version of INDY 10 I used before I changed the units IdStack, IdThread and IDThread save to avoid memory leak messages from FastMM. After installing the new version of INDY10 I get the following errors: 1) I have to change the setting of the $G compiler option from OFF to ON. 2) After changing this I get an error that the another MemoryManager has been loaded and FastMM could not be used. Does anybody has an idea what has been changed and...

Indy E-Mail Problem (Indy 10, Delphi 2007)
Hello, we use Indy 10 with Delphi 2007 to get E-Mail using IMAP. We recieved an E-Mail which is not handled correctly. The E-Mail looks like this {code} Return-Path: <test@mail.com>; From: "Test Tester" <test@mail.com>; To: <test@mail.com>; Subject: Order Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:50:40 +0100 Message-ID: <15D526BEB8091D43859549D9E16E370FBA3123> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 14.0 Thread-Index: AQFk6K6fcF3...

Delphi 7 Indy 10 HTTPS [Edit]
I have an old program I inherited that I'm required to maintain and Delphi is not a language I regularly use. From what I can see, the program uses an http proxy server to monitor pages as they are loaded into a browser control. Depending on the name and/or the content of the pages, the http proxy server does various tasks. All has been good up until now. The client wishes to now use https for their pages and I was wondering how can I get the http proxy server to be able to deal with https pages and keep the client happy. I did try to add an IdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL to the program ...

Delphi 7, INDY 10 and FastMM [2nd]
Hi everybody. I try to compile the latest INDY 10 snapshot with Delphi 7 Enterprise. I'm using also FastMM 494. If I activate the directive {$DEFINE USEFASTMM4} (in system, core and protocols) I'm not longer able to compile the packages for system and core. For system (IndySystem79.dpk) I get the following error: Need imported data reference ($G) to access "IsMultiThread" from unit FastMM4 For core (IndyCore70.dpk) I get the following error: IdThread.pas (601) Undeclared identitfier: "IndyRegisterExpectedMemoryLeak" I also activated the comp...

Indy 10 Delphi 7 Server Send Msg on button click.
Ok i have looked a a million examples and blogs, and demo's ect... but no one can tell me why i cant have the server send data to the client on a button click. I can get the client to send data on button click, I can get the server to send data on aServerExecute, and aServerConnect Both of wich are (AContext: TIdContext) where a button is (Sender: TObject), Iam guessing thats why it wont work as i would like, but I still have to belive there is a way? This is what I have soo far for server. type TClientinfo = class(TIdServerContext) public IP: String; ...

Delphi 7, Indy
I am trying to learn to use the Indy components with D7. I'm using the book "Mastering Delphi 7". I can't follow his examples, and below is a couple of excerpts that I need help with. The first relates to a form with a TIdTCPClient component on it. He indicates the following: object IdTCPServer1: TIdTCPServer defaultPort = 1050 end Is he indicating that the property should be set to 1050, or is this some type of code? If so, I'm lost. I would appreciate some help Another puzzler is object IdTCPServer1: TIdTCPServer CommandHandler...

Is Indy 9 more estable than Indy 10?
Using Delphi 2009 update 3 and the latest snapshot indy(tiburon). I am porting app from Indy 9 to Indy 10, the app use a TIdMappedPortTCP component with SSL. This is my app configuration using webservices. Client -> TIdMappedPortTCP and SSL -> IIS Server with webservice app. The client app uses a method on the webservice that returns a TByteDynArray that contains a zipped file. This works with no problem with Indy 9, but when ported to Indy 10,the data transfer between the webservice and the client application with some zip files does no get completed, the client a...

Migrating from Indy 9 to Indy 10
Hi... At work I had to update an old project and it is socket related. It was written with indy 9 and now all I have is Indy 10. I could install indy 9 but I'd rather make it work with I10. The problem is: In the server side there's a lot of: AThread.Connection.WriteInteger(1); AThread.Connection.WriteBuffer(XX, XX); AThread.Connection.ReadStream(XX, XX, XX); idTCPClient is widely used like this: TCPClient.WriteBuffer(Msg, sizeof(TMensaje)); TCPClient.ReadBuffer(Rta, sizeof(TRespuesta)); TCPClient.WriteStream(fStream); TCPClie...

indy 10 back to indy 9
Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to uninstall Indy 10 and go back to Indy 9? I have a Delphi 2007 project that was apparently done with Indy 9 ...

Web resources about - delphi 7 Indy 9 and Indy 10 - embarcadero.delphi.winsock