Delphi 2010 / IdHTTP problem: Socket Error # 0 [Edit]

I have code that uses IdHTTP to do a HTTP Post to an HTTPS URL. I set my IdHTTP1.IOHandler to the object returned from TIdSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL.Create().  After calling IdHTTP1.Post(posturl, slPostData), with slPostData being a TStringList.Create(); I get this exception: *Project OUTLOOK.EXE raised exception class EIdSocketError with message 'Socket Error # 0'.*

I know for sure that the problem is not in my code, because I exported an earlier version of my source code that I know works for sure, compiled it with Delphi 2010, and I got the same problem.

The same code works if I compile it with *Delphi 2009* however.

So should I just downgrade to Delphi 2009? Or is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks a lot for the help. I can not tell you how frustrated with this problem I am.

Edited by: John B on Jun 24, 2010 10:45 AM

Edited by: John B on Jun 24, 2010 11:36 AM
0
John

<John B> wrote in message news:254550@forums.embarcadero.com...

> I get this exception: Project OUTLOOK.EXE raised
> exception class EIdSocketError with message
> 'Socket Error # 0'.

Which version of Indy 10 are you using?  Do you have the same problem if you
use the latest snapshot from Indy's SVN server?

> I know for sure that the problem is not in my code,
> because I exported an earlier version of my source
> code that I know works for sure, compiled it with
> Delphi 2010, and I got the same problem.
>
> The same code works if I compile it with Delphi 2010
> however.

You just contradicted yourself.  Does it works, or does it not work, in
2010?

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> <John B> wrote in message news:254550@forums.embarcadero.com...
>
> > I get this exception: Project OUTLOOK.EXE raised
> > exception class EIdSocketError with message
> > 'Socket Error # 0'.
>
> Which version of Indy 10 are you using?  Do you have the same problem if you
> use the latest snapshot from Indy's SVN server?

I'm using Version 10.5.5 (copyright 2005). I had the same problem before. I tried to compile the Indy code from their SVN, but it got really ugly with a whole bunch of compiler errors... so I gave up trying to compile Indy myself.

> > I know for sure that the problem is not in my code,
> > because I exported an earlier version of my source
> > code that I know works for sure, compiled it with
> > Delphi 2010, and I got the same problem.
> >
> > The same code works if I compile it with Delphi 2010
> > however.
>
> You just contradicted yourself.  Does it works, or does it not work, in
> 2010?

Yes that was my typing error. The code works if compiled with 2009.

> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
John
6/24/2010 5:49:14 PM
<John B> wrote in message news:254570@forums.embarcadero.com...

> I'm using Version 10.5.5 (copyright 2005).

The current version is 10.5.7.

> I had the same problem before. I tried to compile
> the Indy code from their SVN, but it got really ugly
> with a whole bunch of compiler errors...

Please try again.  You may have just grabbed the sources between checkins.
If you are still having problems, please show the actual compiler errors.

> Yes that was my typing error. The code works if
> compiled with 2009.

From Indy's standpoint, there is no difference between 2009 and 2010.
However, they do ship with different SVN snapshots of Indy 10.  I am pretty
sure the error was fixed prior to 2010, though.  If the socket error keeps
occuring, please provide the call stack when the exception is raised.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> <John B> wrote in message news:254570@forums.embarcadero.com...
>
> > I'm using Version 10.5.5 (copyright 2005).
>
> The current version is 10.5.7.
>
> > I had the same problem before. I tried to compile
> > the Indy code from their SVN, but it got really ugly
> > with a whole bunch of compiler errors...
>
> Please try again.  You may have just grabbed the sources between checkins.
> If you are still having problems, please show the actual compiler errors.
>
> > Yes that was my typing error. The code works if
> > compiled with 2009.
>
> From Indy's standpoint, there is no difference between 2009 and 2010.
> However, they do ship with different SVN snapshots of Indy 10.  I am pretty
> sure the error was fixed prior to 2010, though.  If the socket error keeps
> occuring, please provide the call stack when the exception is raised.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've had enough of upgrading and downgrading versions of Delphi and Indy library... I don't have any more time to play around with this crap.

I've resorted to compiling my program with Delphi 2009 and the very old version of Indy. They are the only ones that actually work. I am not going to peruse any Delphi or Indy-enhanced products in the future.
0
John
6/24/2010 8:04:53 PM
<John B> wrote in message news:254625@forums.embarcadero.com...

> I've had enough of upgrading and downgrading versions of
> Delphi and Indy library...

In Indy 11, we are going to streamline the install/uninstall process to make
it easier on users.  CodeGear already took the first step by isolating Indy
into its own folder in recent IDE versions.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
"Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" <no.spam@no.spam.com> skrev i meddelelsen
> <John B> wrote in message news:254625@forums.embarcadero.com...
>
>> I've had enough of upgrading and downgrading versions of
>> Delphi and Indy library...
>
> In Indy 11, we are going to streamline the install/uninstall process to
> make it easier on users.  CodeGear already took the first step by
> isolating Indy into its own folder in recent IDE versions.

Suggestion:
Perhaps you could create a simple zip file (from time to time) with all the
source that can compile and works, so that people can easily download it.
That's what everybody else does and it works.
--
Finn Tolderlund
0
"Finn Tolderlund" <nospam@nospam.eu> wrote in message

> Perhaps you could create a simple zip file (from time to time)
> with all the source that can compile and works, so that people
> can easily download it.

We already do.  Our Fulgan mirror zips up the latest code every night and
makes it available for download.  Links are on Indy's website.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Delphi 2010 / IdHTTP problem: Socket Error # 0
Use D2010 Indy 10 gmail login with OAuth. When i send Post(https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/token,ABody,Response) In Indy on Line 2174 error "Socket Error # 0" case FHTTPProto.ProcessResponse(AIgnoreReplies) of In Delphi XE2 indy work withiut errors. <Roman Dukuy> wrote in message news:418271@forums.embarcadero.com... > Use D2010 Indy 10 > gmail login with OAuth. When i send > Post(https://accounts.google.com/o/oauth2/token,ABody,Response) > > In Indy on Line 2174 error "Socket Error # 0" > case FHTTPProto.ProcessResp...

Delphi 2009
Hello, I am using Delphi 2009 with a recent Indy 10.5.5 development snapshot. In my code I am using a TIDHttp with TIDSSLIOHandlerSocketOpenSSL. The Open SLL .dlls I am using is from the the indy website and are openssl-0.9.8k-i386-win32. The issue is, randomly, I am getting a socket error # 0 error. I never got this error with Delphi 2007 and Indy 10.2.3. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you. The code looks something like this: var sHttpResult, sVar, sParam: string; ssHttpResult : TStringStream; slPostData : TStringList; begin IdSSL.CheckForDi...

Delphi 2010 + TIBDatabase + connection error (how to catch error) [Edit]
Hi All Could someone help me in this case: {code} Try DataBase.Connect:=True; Except on >databaseconnectionerror< do ShowMessage('DataBase connection faild); end; {code} I do not know, how to catch (handling) IB errors in my Delphi application. Thank You very much in advance Best Regards Jacek Edited by: Jacek Fągowski on Aug 14, 2012 9:04 AM Jacek Fągowski wrote: > Hi All > > Could someone help me in this case: > {code} > Try > DataBase.Connect:=True; > Except > on >databaseconnectionerror< do > ShowMes...

Problem using InstallAware 7 CodeGear Special Edition with Delphi 2010 [Edit]
Hi Everyone, I am trying to create an installation disk for my delphi 2010 application using the installAware that kind of comes with Delphi 2010. When I try to built it, it keeps giving me the error message:- No files matching pattern "C:\Windows\system32\\*120.bpl" and when I look into my windows\system32 folder, there the files with extension *.bpl end with *140.bpl and not *120.bpl like it was expected. Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong or how I can get around this. Thanks in advance. Edited by: Tat Hon Chu on Dec 3, 2009 12:55 AM > {quo...

Hello, we have one Delphi 2005 Professional here and want to upgrade to Delphi 2010, but we are a bit confused. Our distributor in Germany, ingram-micro offers several upgrade products: UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER FLEX RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED ELC UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED FLEX UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT FLEX What do they mean exactly and which one do i need? At the moment delphi is installed on two PCs and we want to use ...

Delphi 2010: [DCC Fatal Error] F2084 Internal Error: AV00000000-R00000000-0
I'm trying to compile the following code but the compiler gives me an internal error message. This is my second experiment with generics and it is complete failure. Do they work at all? I'm very disappointed. Checking project dependencies... Compiling Multicast.dproj (Debug configuration) [DCC Fatal Error] Multicast.dpr(152): F2084 Internal Error: AV00000000-R00000000-0 Failed Elapsed time: 00:00:00.2 I have posted the project (a simple console application) to the attachments group. Can anybody compile this code in their Delphi XE IDE? program Multicast; {$APPT...

Delphi 2010: [DCC Fatal Error] F2084 Internal Error: AV00000000-R00000000-0
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_44d84.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Checking project dependencies... Compiling Multicast.dproj (Debug configuration) [DCC Fatal Error] Multicast.dpr(152): F2084 Internal Error: AV00000000-R00000000-0 Failed Elapsed time: 00:00:00.2 --JivePart=_44d84.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; name="Multicast.dpr" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; ...

Delphi XE HTTP: error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer" [Edit]
Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other properties to set up apart from LifeCycle? Hi Irina, > Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. > > Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other proper...

Printing Problems - RaveReports 5.0.1
I've created a template in rave reports and am able to print it, however, im unable to select which printer i want to print to I've tried forcing the default printer to change at runtime I've tried the printdialog component that comes with dephi, but no matter how long i struggle, i dont get it right, it simply keeps printing to whichever printer was set to default at the time the program started. I've tried lookin at winspool and a few of the sdk commands, but there really isn't much help out there. If anyone know's about this problem please help me out....

Problem with query delphi 2010 [Edit]
Problem with query delphi 2010 Staff when I perform the query below I describe the following error occurs: Exception class EAccessViolation with message 'Access violation at address in module 03E64A60' dbxora.dll '. Write of address 004B0041 '. Process PdvMultiEmpresa.exe (5704). The query that esecuto is as follows: SQL.Add ('SELECT *'); SQL.Add ('FROM TABLE (pac_pdv_totalcard.CONSULTA_CONTA_CARTAO (: p_cod_empresa,: p_cpf,: p_nro_cartao,: p_nro_conta ))'); ParamByName ('p_cod_empresa'). AsFmtBcd: = IntegerToBcd...

Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE Crystal BPL problem [Edit]
I am in the process of migrating our application from Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE and, for ease of use, I have both 2006 and XE installed on my development computer. I access Crystal Reports XI RDC in our application and so I rebuilt the BPL in XE in order to add the new package to XE. However, when I try to add the package to XE I get the error message: “Registration procedure, Craxddrt_tbl.Register in the package c:\Documents and Settings\All Uers\Documents\RADS Studio\8.0\BPL\Crystal.bpl raised exception class EFilerError: Component TDatabase can’t be registered by package crystal.bpl be...

Delphi 2010 and RichEdit problem [Edit]
I am using Delphi 2010 and RichEdit control. When set RichEdit controls WantReturns to False And WordWrap to False. When running application and entering some word in to richedit and clicking to enter key then richedit control text is wrapped and cursor moved new line. Wantreturns property doesnt works. (In the delphi 7 working well) When using Memo control is ok. TRichEdit's wantreturns set false not working. How to fix it? Edited by: Amar Avirmed on Mar 10, 2010 5:17 PM Amar Avirmed wrote: > I am using Delphi 2010 and RichEdit control. > When set RichEdit con...

Delphi 2010 and RichEdit problem. [Edit]
I am using Delphi 2010 and RichEdit control. When set RichEdit controls WantReturns to False And WordWrap to False. When running application and entering some word in to richedit and clicking to enter key then richedit control text is wrapped and cursor moved new line. Wantreturns property doesnt works. (In the delphi 7 working well) When using Memo control is ok. TRichEdit's wantreturns set false not working. How to fix it? Edited by: Amar Avirmed on Mar 10, 2010 5:18 PM Hello, you might get more answers to your question when asking this in the ..vcl.components.usinn...

Web resources about - Delphi 2010 / IdHTTP problem: Socket Error # 0 [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.winsock