Delphi 2007 - Installing latest Indy 10 build dated October 13, 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to install the latest build of Indy 10.

I downloaded the following zip from "http://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP":

*Monday, October 13, 2008 11:32 PM 6697544 indy10.zip*

What I did with the zip:

1. I unzipped indy10.zip.
2. I removed my current Indy 10 from Delphi 2007
3. I opened Indy100Net.dpk and compiled it. I got the following 2 errors:

[DCC Error] Indy100Net.dpk(4): E1030 Invalid compiler directive: 'ALIGN'
[DCC Error] Indy100Net.dpk(30): E2202 Required package 'Borland.Delphi' not found

package Indy100Net;

{$R *.res}
*{$ALIGN 0}*  <- Line 4

requires
  *Borland.Delphi,*  <- Line 30
  Borland.Vcl,
  Borland.VclRtl;

Is this the correct way to install this or should I just open and compile individual packages in the Lib directory instead (Core, Protocols, and System)?

I'm not sure about the *ALIGN* directive but I suspect the *Borland.Delphi* might have something to do with a path?

Thanks,

Gerry
0
Gerry

<Gerry pettipas> wrote in message news:29907@forums.codegear.com...

> 3. I opened Indy100Net.dpk and compiled it. I got the following 2 errors:

That package is for compiling Indy for .NET, not Win32.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Ok, that makes sense so I tried the following instead:

I compiled:

IndySystem100.dpk (in Lib\System)
IndyCore100.dpk (in Lib\Core)
IndyProtocols100.dpk (in Lib\Protocols)

Then I compiled and tried to installed:

dclIndyCore100.dpk (in Lib\Core)
Error: The procedure entry point @Idglobal@IndyStrToInt$qqrx17System@AnsiStringi could not be located in the dynamic link library IndySystem100.bpl

dclIndyProtocols100.dpk (in Lib\Protocols)
Error: The procedure entry point @Idglobal@IndyFormat$qqrx17@AnsiStringpx14System@TVarRecxi could not be located in the dynamic link library IndySystem100.bpl

Gerry
0
Gerry
10/16/2008 1:48:39 PM
<Gerry pettipas> wrote in message news:30261@forums.codegear.com...

> Error: The procedure entry point
> @Idglobal@IndyStrToInt$qqrx17System@AnsiStringi
> could not be located in the dynamic link library IndySystem100.bpl

You did not remove the older Indy files from your machine first.
Uninstalling the packages from the IDE is not enough.  You have to also
delete/rename the package binaries themselves as well.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> <Gerry pettipas> wrote in message news:30261@forums.codegear.com...
>
> > Error: The procedure entry point
> > @Idglobal@IndyStrToInt$qqrx17System@AnsiStringi
> > could not be located in the dynamic link library IndySystem100.bpl
>
> You did not remove the older Indy files from your machine first.
> Uninstalling the packages from the IDE is not enough.  You have to also
> delete/rename the package binaries themselves as well.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

I now have the same problem as reported above. I have Delphi 2007 with Indy 10 installed as per the original installation of Delphi. I have deleted every BPL and DCP file associated with Indy10. Downloaded the latest Indy 10 and unzipped into some directory structure. The System, Core and Protocol files uild with now errors, but when I try and install "dclIndyCoreX100.dpk" I get the same error about the missing entry point.

Any clues? Anything else I need to delete which is part of the original Indy 10.

Graham
0
Graham

Indy E-Mail Problem (Indy 10, Delphi 2007)
Hello, we use Indy 10 with Delphi 2007 to get E-Mail using IMAP. We recieved an E-Mail which is not handled correctly. The E-Mail looks like this {code} Return-Path: <test@mail.com>; From: "Test Tester" <test@mail.com>; To: <test@mail.com>; Subject: Order Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 16:50:40 +0100 Message-ID: <15D526BEB8091D43859549D9E16E370FBA3123> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 14.0 Thread-Index: AQFk6K6fcF3...

Indy IdHMACSHA1 different results in Delphi 2007 and Delphi 2009
Hello newsgroup A test of the IdHMACSHA1 encryption method shows different results, and I am not sure if there is an error in my code or in the Indy code shipped with Delphi 2009. The Delphi 2007 version works in an application which communicates with Amazon Web Services and so it seems to be the correct one. Any suggestions are very welcome, maybe I just need to download a newer version of Indy? program Test; {$APPTYPE CONSOLE} uses IdHMACSHA1, IdCoderMIME, IdGlobal, SysUtils; function Base64Encode(const Input: string): string; begin Result := TIdEncode...

migrating from Delphi 6 With Indy 10 to XE7 with Indy 10
I updated the original Indy in D6 to version 10 several years ago. Now I want to migrate my application from D6 to XE7 and would like some feedback on the best route to take. I usually send data using readln and writeln statements. The data is typically XML format. Since migrating to XE7 will include potential unicode data what is the best approach to take when reading and writing data? Will writeln and readln work in these cases or should I be using a different strategy to send unicode data between the tidtcpclient and tidtcpserver applications? al wrote: > I usually send data ...

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Encoding issues with Delphi 2007 and Indy 10.5.5
Hi, I'm using the last snapshot of Indy 10 (Rev 3539) with Delphi 2007 under a French version of Windows Vista. I just discovered that some characters wasn't transferred correctly, probably since the Unicode update (AFAIK that worked fine with Indy 10.2.3). They are replaced by '?' on the other end of the connection. For instance, this code : procedure TForm2.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); begin IdTCPClient1.Connect; IdTCPClient1.IOHandler.WriteLn('£'); end; procedure TForm2.IdTCPServer1Execute(AContext: TIdContext); var S: string;...

Indy 10 / Tiburon / Latest SVN / Delphi 2010 Warnings
Hi, When compiling Indy 10 (Tiburon) latest SVN under Delphi 2010, a few warning are popping up. No real problem here, just a fyi. Checking project dependencies... Building IndySystem140.dproj (Debug configuration) Building IndyCore140.dproj (Debug configuration) [DCC Warning] IdThread.pas(336): W1000 Symbol 'Suspend' is deprecated [DCC Warning] IdThread.pas(473): W1000 Symbol 'Resume' is deprecated [DCC Warning] IdSchedulerOfThreadPool.pas(166): W1000 Symbol 'Resume' is deprecated [DCC Warning] IdSchedulerOfThreadPool.pas(184): W1000 Symbol 'Resume&...

Delphi 6 BDE/Indy 10 app crashes in Windows 2008?
I've got a user that reports my Delphi 6 BDE/Indy 10 app that crashes immediately after it is launched when being run on Windows 2008. I'm very puzzled as to why it happened as i had ported the application to work on Vista SP1 a few months ago (by creating the manifest) and thought that Vista and Windows 2008 are similar. As i do not have Windows 2008, I'm still trying to find more info from my user (from another country). Has anyone experience problems with Windows 2008? Thanks. :) <joshua lim> wrote in message news:94464@forums.codegear.com... > I've got ...

delphi 7 Indy 9 and Indy 10
Hi, I can upgrade to indy 10 in delphi 7. But I have discover that indy 9 and Indy 10 have some different properties, so i had to change my old programs that were made in indy 9 to upgrade it to new version, but it is a long work. So I want to know if it is possible to install in the same delphi 7 both versions indy 10 and indy 9. I have tried to do it but i received a error message: Cannot load package 'IndySystem70'. It contains unit 'IdWinSock2', which is also contained in package 'Indy70'. Some can give me ideas or a link to read how to install both versi...

is there a Delphi 2007

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

Moving from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? Specifically, is there better Vista/Win7/Win8 integration provided by Delphi 2007? (In the project I am already using a custom manifest file for Vista/Win7 etc.. and not the std XPMan component) Does 2007 add any new bugs to the scene? Thanks Rael Rael wrote: > Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from > Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? If you are going to upgrade, why not upgrade to something newer? > In the project I am already using a custom man...

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Web resources about - Delphi 2007 - Installing latest Indy 10 build dated October 13, 2008 - embarcadero.delphi.winsock

Solar panels are lifted into place.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper