Connection reset by peer

Hello,

I changed from an ADSL provider to a Fiber provider. Now I get everytime the exception "Connection reset by peer" when closing the idFTP1 connection: idFTP1.Disconnect (Indy 10)

I also tried idFTP1.DisconnectNotifyPeer and idFTP1.Quit, but the exception is still raised.

How can I solve this problem ?

Thanks,
Hubert Anemaat
0
Hubert

> {quote:title=Hubert Anemaat wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
>
> I changed from an ADSL provider to a Fiber provider. Now I get everytime the exception "Connection reset by peer" when closing the *idFTP1* connection

Is it TIdFTPClient or TIdFTPServer that you are referring to?
0
Jamie
9/8/2008 1:23:46 AM
Hello Jamie,

Just TIdFTP version 10.

Hubert Anemaat

> {quote:title=Jamie Dale wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Hubert Anemaat wrote:}{quote}
> > Hello,
> >
> > I changed from an ADSL provider to a Fiber provider. Now I get everytime the exception "Connection reset by peer" when closing the *idFTP1* connection
>
> Is it TIdFTPClient or TIdFTPServer that you are referring to?
0
Hubert
9/8/2008 9:34:12 AM
Hi Hubert,

> I changed from an ADSL provider to a Fiber provider. Now I get everytime the exception "Connection reset by peer" when closing the idFTP1 connection: idFTP1.Disconnect (Indy 10)

AFAIK, this is one of these silent Indy exceptions that can be ignored.

> How can I solve this problem ?

Place inside a try-except and "eat "it ;-)

> Thanks,
> Hubert Anemaat

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

CodeGear Technology Partner -- CodeGear RAD Studio Reseller (BeNeLux)
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
9/8/2008 10:51:33 AM
"Bob Swart" <Bob@BobSwart.com> wrote in message

> AFAIK, this is one of these silent Indy exceptions that can be ignored.

It is not a silly exception.  It is a low-level OS error, indicating that
the connection was forcibly and ungracefully closed by the other party (the
FTP server in this case).  TIdFTP then tried to access the socket afterwards
to read/write data (in this case, the QUIT command), thus detecting and
raising the error into the user's code.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> {quote:title=Hubert Anemaat wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
>
> I changed from an ADSL provider to a Fiber provider. Now I get everytime the exception "Connection reset by peer" when closing the idFTP1 connection: idFTP1.Disconnect (Indy 10)
>
> I also tried idFTP1.DisconnectNotifyPeer and idFTP1.Quit, but the exception is still raised.
>
> How can I solve this problem ?
>
> Thanks,
> Hubert Anemaat

Have you tried putting your read/write/get/put action in a Try block?

EG you could use a Try Finally or Try Except block:

Try
Get/Put;
Finally/Except
Do final stuff here or exception/error
end;

When you disconnect if the client tries to read/write from the connection then the error will be caught. You can either ignore the error or handle it. I think remy will probably correct me and say that error = exception..
0
Jamie
9/8/2008 10:09:10 PM
Hello Remy,

My Delphi app with the IdFTP1.Disconnect gives no problem on my laptop when directly connected the FttH switch. It looks as if it has something to do with my Apple router or with Norton 360 on my desktop. I also connected my laptop behind the router and so far there was here no problem either. But I have to check it with a test application because the exception raises in 50% of the cases.

Hubert Anemaat

> "Bob Swart" <Bob@BobSwart.com> wrote in message
>
> > AFAIK, this is one of these silent Indy exceptions that can be ignored.
>
> It is not a silly exception.  It is a low-level OS error, indicating that
> the connection was forcibly and ungracefully closed by the other party (the
> FTP server in this case).  TIdFTP then tried to access the socket afterwards
> to read/write data (in this case, the QUIT command), thus detecting and
> raising the error into the user's code.
>

> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Hubert
9/9/2008 7:52:15 AM
Hello Remy,

I have tested it with a small test application. It is only a problem on my PC with Norton 360.

Hubert Anemaat
0
Hubert

Delphi XE HTTP: error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer" [Edit]
Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other properties to set up apart from LifeCycle? Hi Irina, > Communication type is set to HTTP, LifeCycle is set to Invocation. > > Invocation represents a stateless connection, but when the network connection drops, the client throws the error "Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer". Are there any other proper...

Connection reset by peer....
I frequently get a "connection reset by peer" message when connected to the grc groups. It seems to happen after some idle time. Is there some type of time limit that only allows us to be connected for a certain length of time? -- OverSoul Imagination is more important than Knowledge. --Albert Einstein-- OverSoul ... > I frequently get a "connection reset by peer" message when > connected to the grc groups. It seems to happen after some > idle time. Is there some type of time limit that only allows > us to be c...

Connect reset by peer
I'm doing a migration from SQL Server 10, Open Client 10.0.1 to Server 11.0.3, Open Client 10.0.4 on Solaris 2.4. I've got a C application using CT-Lib functions which was running alright before, but it is quite frequently killed with a message "System error (131) connection reset by peer" after migration. I know that it is a unix system error but I suspect that it was caused by Sybase. Is there any configuration (server config, memory, etc) that possibly cause this error? Any idea would be welcome. ...

Connection reset by peer,
Hi I have a Delphi XE2 Datasnap webbroker ISAPI (IIS 7.5) I get Socket Error #10054 Connection reset by peer constantly just after living the client idle for a couple of minutes. This is not a firewall problem. It's the Datasnap server that closes the connection. What could cuase this problem? regards Mikael ...

Peer to peer connection
Hi, I'm trying to make a program to transfer files between my pc and another that is behind a router. My side will act as master and the other just as a slave, serving what master asks without user interference. I know that the easiest way is to run a idTCPserver at the slave side and a idTCPclient at master's side, but this needs to forward the used port at the router. I want to keep out of this. So I try the reverse way. A idTCPclient at slave side and idTCPserver at my side as master (in my side I can forward ports). Starting the slave it connects to master-server. Af...

Connection Reset By Peer (Timeout?)
Hello, I have a multi-tier application using datasnap (WebBroker Application) on IIS. It's working fine, but sometime, when the user doesn't work a lot with the application I got a 'Connection Reset By Peer' (about 3 minutes) I guess, there is a timeout somewhere... Is there something special to configure on the IIS Application Pool? Thank you, Eric > {quote:title=Eric Friedlingstein wrote:}{quote} > Hello, > > I have a multi-tier application using datasnap (WebBroker Application) on IIS. > > It's working fine, but sometime, when...

#10054 Connection reset by peer
Hi, I upgraded from Indy 10 r3830 to r4103. Now I (very) often get this #10054 exception after I disconnect. The same application using r3830 doesn't have this problem. In the status event of IdFtp: Disconnecting then Disconnected but then this exception (#100054). I found some changes in IdFtp "DisconnectNotifyPeer": - r4103: procedure TIdFTP.DisconnectNotifyPeer; begin if IOHandler.Connected then begin IOHandler.WriteLn('QUIT'); {do not localize} IOHandler.CheckForDataOnSource(100); if not IOHandler.InputBufferIsEmpty then begin ...

Connection reset by peer #2
I've created a web application using the html DW control in Powesite. It works very nicely, including a master-detail setup and conditional formatting in the Datawindows rendered into the web pages. The performance is better than I expected. Once in a while I have to restart Jaguar after getting: ---------------------------------------------------- ERROR: Creating Jaguar component 'DataWindow/HTMLGenerator', 'Exception thrown: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: iiop://SOBPC02:9000 - java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer in method CreateComponent of class jagc...

Firemonkey
Hi, I've made a Firemonkey application in RAD Studio XE5, it's a Client-Server application (Datasnap). In Delphi it's possible to handle 'Connection reset by peer', using a TApplicationEvents for VCL. Is there a way to do the same for Firemonkey? TIA, An vzw wrote: > In Delphi it's possible to handle 'Connection reset by peer', > using a TApplicationEvents for VCL. That is the socket error message, not a window message. Onless you are referring to the OnException event, which is only triggered for uncaught exceptions. > Is th...

Connection reset by peer error 10054
Hello, Using Delphi XE3 I developed a Datasnap webbroker ISAPI (IIS 7.5) application which works fine as you works with it... To be more clear If I leave the app inactive and try to use it after 3/4 minutes I receive a "socket error #10054 connection reset by peer" error I'm using a session live cycle on the server and I didn't changed any session default timeout (which should be 20mins.). Is there any kind of inactivity timeout I have to set up for a longer period ? Is there a way to intercept this error to try reconnecting to the server ? Thanks, Davide Hi, ...

I/O Error Connection reset by peer
Hi everyone, I use Net::LDAP in a script that does a daily search on a large LDAP database (~80,000 entries). The expected return from the search is ~2000 entries. One run of the script threw up this error: my $mesg = $ldap->search(base=>...); $mesg->error was "I/O Error Connection reset by peer" I dont think this has anything to do with an ldap search size limit. For one thing, I expect to get a "sizelimit exceeded" error in that case and I have error-handling for that and the other thing is that I dont expect to exceed the size limit. I use...

Connection peer to peer Firebird
Delphi 2010 dbExpress SqLConnection I need to connect a database (Firebird) on a peer to peer It 'the first time that use dbExpress for networked applications Driver / Database I set; \\192.168.1.1\Z:\SIDDAT\SIDDAT.FDB error message : "unavailable database" I have little experience with dbExpress if someone can help me connetere network in the Db .. Thanks PS: by the way the parameter "\\ 192.168.1.1 \ Z: \ SIDDAT \ SIDDAT.FDB"        should be read from a table > {quote:title=Maurizio Ceglar wro...

Web resources about - Connection reset by peer - embarcadero.delphi.winsock

Police tear open roof to arrest man in connection with stabbing murder
Police have torn open the roof of a Gold Coast home to arrest a man in connection with the stabbing death of 16-year-old Michael Brack.

Paris attacks: Belgium connection probed as terrorist past of Brussels district of Molenbeek under spotlight ...
Prosecutors reveal a growing Belgian connection to the deadly Paris attacks, focusing on a poor Brussels district.

Cross-cultural Connections and Exchange: international study is more important than ever
... And, as a minority of ill-intentioned individuals and groups do their best to create divides, we need citizens equipped to create connections ...

Brussels Connection Under Spotlight After Paris Killings
(EurActiv) — Prosecutors on Sunday disclosed a growing Belgian connection to the Paris attacks as Premier Charles Michel conceded that a Brussels ...