ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009

I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20
files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as
its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software.

I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite
some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that
uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough?

i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but
leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work?

Thanks,
Jason.

--
Jason Sweby
Software Development Manager,

The Delphi Disciple. http://delphidisciple.blogspot.com
0
Jason
7/17/2009 9:51:50 AM
embarcadero.delphi.win32 2183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 conversion
Hi We are moving our product from D5 to D6. I have dealt with all the deprecated functions. However, we are getting various platform specifc warnings. These include: Symbol 'FileGetAttr' is specific to a platform Symbol 'FileSetAttr' is specific to a platform Symbol 'faReadOnly' is specific to a platform We want this conversion to be carried out correctly. We don't view the simple solution of switching off those warnings or symbols as being the correct way. What we want is the same platform independence as other functions. For example, all o...

is there a Delphi 2007

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

Delphi.NET loading Delphi.Win32 Driver
Hi, What I'm trying to do is marshal an array of cardinal (or integer) back into managed memory from a win32 dll. I know how to pass managed memory into a win32 dll {code} var aa : array of Integer; Buffer : IntPtr; begin SetLength(aa,2); aa[0] := 1; aa[1] := 80; if not Supports(ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)+'Win32_Library\SDK_Driver.Win32.io', TypeOf(IMyFunctions), MyFunctions) then Exit; //loads the driver into memory. MyFunctions contains the method names found in the SDK_Driver. Buffer := Marshal.AllocHGlobal(2 * {Marshal.SystemDefaultC...

Question about Delphi 2009 vs Delphi 7
Hi, I was wondering if any of you can point me to a URLs that show the most important improvements between these versions of Delphi. The objective is convincing the powers-that-pay-the-bills that moving to D2009 (that we'd have to purchase) is a better idea than moving to D7 (for which we have licenses). Fire at will! -- Saluti, Alessandro Federici ------------------------------- "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened." (Mark Twain) Alessandro Federici wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if any of yo...

Code Porting
Hi people, Basically, I am moving an app from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2009 which is all great (yeah right!) and I am having a couple of issues with some thirdparty components that we have the source code for. Being that I wanted to make the task as easy as possible, I was able to download the component in Delphi 2007 format. I have now managed to port that to 2009 so it compiles only with warnings and no errors. So all is good at this moment. Now I am trying to install the component into the IDE by using the install menu option from the project manager. This is where I run into errors. ...

Converting Delphi for Win32 to Delphi .Net(Prism)
Hi, I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to Delphi.net. Part of my code currently goes into a directory and pulls out a random file from this directory and loads the contents of the file for me. This code doesn't seem to work in Delphi.Net. It uses PString and a number of functions in SysUtils that don't seem to be present in Delphi.net's SysUtils file. If anyone can help me please, it would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks, Jonathan Mackey Jonathan Mackey a écrit : > I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to &...

Web resources about - ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009 - embarcadero.delphi.win32