Read mail directly from Exchange server

Hello,

I need to read mail with a service from a dedicated mailbox in Exchange.

At the moment I'm looking to use TOutlookApplication to do this. But I'm
afraid I have to install (part of) MSOffice on the server for this.

Can anyone give me an idee on how I should handle this?

Thanks in advance
Herman
0
Herman
8/22/2008 9:19:29 AM
embarcadero.delphi.win32 2183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Herman vanRuitenbeek wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to read mail with a service from a dedicated mailbox in
> Exchange.
>
> At the moment I'm looking to use TOutlookApplication to do this. But
> I'm afraid I have to install (part of) MSOffice on the server for
> this.
>
> Can anyone give me an idee on how I should handle this?

I have never done this my self but exchange has an SDK you can use.
From a very fast reading the have a number of methods to access the
mailboxies including CDO and WebDav. You shoold take a look for your
self.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/default.aspx

regards
Yannis.
--
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist--"
 -- John B. Sedwick, general, dying words, 1864

I'll do that.

Regards
Herman

YANNIS KOZIKOPULOS schreef:
> Herman vanRuitenbeek wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I need to read mail with a service from a dedicated mailbox in
>> Exchange.
>>
>> At the moment I'm looking to use TOutlookApplication to do this. But
>> I'm afraid I have to install (part of) MSOffice on the server for
>> this.
>>
>> Can anyone give me an idee on how I should handle this?
>
> I have never done this my self but exchange has an SDK you can use.
> From a very fast reading the have a number of methods to access the
> mailboxies including CDO and WebDav. You shoold take a look for your
> self.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/default.aspx
>
> regards
> Yannis.
0
Herman
8/22/2008 1:53:23 PM
Dear Yannis,

This SDK is a lot of studying. Do you have a small sample program that
makes it easier to get going?

Regards
Herman

YANNIS KOZIKOPULOS schreef:
> Herman vanRuitenbeek wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I need to read mail with a service from a dedicated mailbox in
>> Exchange.
>>
>> At the moment I'm looking to use TOutlookApplication to do this. But
>> I'm afraid I have to install (part of) MSOffice on the server for
>> this.
>>
>> Can anyone give me an idee on how I should handle this?
>
> I have never done this my self but exchange has an SDK you can use.
> From a very fast reading the have a number of methods to access the
> mailboxies including CDO and WebDav. You shoold take a look for your
> self.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/default.aspx
>
> regards
> Yannis.
0
Herman
8/25/2008 5:47:30 AM
Hi Herman,

Is there any reason why you can't simply use a POP3 component and collect
from exchange via POP3. I have done this many times before using Indy POP3
component.

HTH.

Rob.

"Herman vanRuitenbeek" <herman@re-tech.nl> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I need to read mail with a service from a dedicated mailbox in Exchange.
>
> At the moment I'm looking to use TOutlookApplication to do this. But I'm
> afraid I have to install (part of) MSOffice on the server for this.
>
> Can anyone give me an idee on how I should handle this?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Herman
0
Robert
8/26/2008 8:44:24 AM
Hi Rob,

I would be delighed if this is possible without having to install MS
Office or part of it.

Do you have a simple example to get me started?

Thanks in advance
Herman

Robert Priestley schreef:
> Hi Herman,
>
> Is there any reason why you can't simply use a POP3 component and collect
> from exchange via POP3. I have done this many times before using Indy POP3
> component.
>
> HTH.
>
> Rob.
>
> "Herman vanRuitenbeek" <herman@re-tech.nl> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I need to read mail with a service from a dedicated mailbox in Exchange.
>>
>> At the moment I'm looking to use TOutlookApplication to do this. But I'm
>> afraid I have to install (part of) MSOffice on the server for this.
>>
>> Can anyone give me an idee on how I should handle this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Herman
0
Herman
8/26/2008 8:13:50 PM
Hi Herman,

see http://www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Demos/index.EN.aspx

idPOP3/idSMTP/idMessage demo project, should show everything you need.

Have fun.

> Hi Rob,
>
> I would be delighed if this is possible without having to install MS
> Office or part of it.
>
> Do you have a simple example to get me started?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Herman

0
Robert
8/27/2008 10:44:44 AM
Thanks,

I'll start this evening

Regards
Herman

Robert Priestley schreef:
> Hi Herman,
>
> see http://www.indyproject.org/Sockets/Demos/index.EN.aspx
>
> idPOP3/idSMTP/idMessage demo project, should show everything you need.
>
> Have fun.
>
> Rob.
>
> "Herman vanRuitenbeek" <herman@re-tech.nl> wrote in message
>> Hi Rob,
>>
>> I would be delighed if this is possible without having to install MS
>> Office or part of it.
>>
>> Do you have a simple example to get me started?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Herman

0
Herman

ADO to read mail from Exchange 2003 server
Hello, I have to read mail directly from an Exchange server. Can I do this using an ADO connection? If so does anyone have an example for me? Thanks in advance, Herman > {quote:title=Herman vanRuitenbeek wrote:}{quote} > Hello, > > I have to read mail directly from an Exchange server. Can I do this > using an ADO connection? If so does anyone have an example for me? > There is an Ole db provider for Exchange so you should be able to do it. Here is the Microsoft reference for queries http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms191461.aspx Dear Brian, ...

Read a mail and its content from the mail box [mail server type:smtp] using c#
I need to write a code where i could read the emails from the mail box. I need to do this in a web based application. Can some one please help me on this....

how to configure Microsoft Exchange server as Mail server for Sharepoint
Hi,I have want to configure Windows Sharepoint Services 2.0 for sending mails. I have microsoft Exchange server Email account and i want to configure it to send mails for alerting and all.so can anybody tell me how to configure Exchange server and where to configure.  I'm sure that Sharepoint has a setting for the name of your SMTP server (your Exchange server name) somewhere.  So it you know your Exchange server is sending & receiving email correctly then you should just need to check that setting.  You might also need to supply the username and password of the Exchange...

Sending E-Mail from a server with Windows Server 2003 and Exchange
What's the proper way to do this? I can't seem to find any simple answer to this...anybody got one? ;)Erik PorterChannel 9 Dev Team...

how can I read my mails from a POP3 Mail server using ASP.NET
Hi everybody I am working for a large scale company with too many customers. We have about 100 e-mails during a working day and there is one employee who read these e-mails and extracts them from webpage and Copy&Paste them into our Automation system database for further process. I want to make a web-base application to do this work for me.   Can anybody know how can I read my mails from a POP3 Mail server using ASP.NET?   Thanks  -----------------------------If it's to be, It's up to me http://aspalliance.com/240For more try asp.net pop3 in google. Works a treat ...

mail server XXX is not an IMAP4 mail server
After upgrading to thunderbird 2.0.0.9 (20071114) when connecting to my IMAP-Server I receive: mail server XXX is not an IMAP4 mail server However things work fine with other mail-clients (evolution) - so imap- server should be ok .. I'm running: - Linux rotenturm2 2.6.22.5-31-default #1 SMP 2007/09/21 22:29:00 UTC x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux - OpenSuSe 10.3 - MozillaThunderbird-2.0.0.9-8.2 on the client and - SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (i586) - cyrus-imapd-2.2.3-83.22 on the server - so nothing unusual so far ..? Anyone who has an idea? thx /Andi ...

Reading exchange server
Hi, In my project all customer orders are received by mails in an account called orders. I need to to develop a web interface using ASP.NET with C# to read the order mailbox on the exchange server and display the mails on web. There should options to read mail,open attachments,lock,unlock and archieve mail. Could anyone please suggest a good way to do it. Any kind of reference/resource links would also be useful.  I tried WEBDAV ..but did not find much help esp. webdav with C#..the XML is cryptic..and its difficult to debug problems.  Its urgent..please respond. &...

Send Mail through Exchange Server
Hi, I face a problem in using mail functions to get mail alias and address as well as send mail. Now my company is using MS-MAIL. In Future, we would plan the upgrade the MS-MAIL to MS Exchange Server . In the testing environment, I cannot get the receiver name by executing the 32-bit Powerbuilder program, the code in the program is like: mSes = create mailSession // Log on to the session //mRet = mSes.mailLogon(mailNewSession!) mRet = mSes.mailLogon() IF mRet <> mailReturnSuccess! THEN MessageBox("Mail", 'Logon failed.') RETURN END IF mRecip....

Changing the direction of reading mail
Is there a way to change the direction reading mail occurs? When I delete the current message I'm reading it always wants to down to the next email below. I want it to go the next email above. This is reading from a separate reading window. The reason I say this is that I leave certain emails in my inbox for later review or reminders, but the sort order is decending so the older emails are at the bottom and the newer emails are at the top. I start at the oldest of the unread emails and work my way up until I reach the top of the list. Then when the last email is rea...

Forwarding mails for users that do not exist on the server to another mail server?
I have Groupwise installed in one of our offices in which mail boxes have been craeted for staff of that office (let's call it officeA). We however have other staff in other offices who use heir own mail servers. How do I set up Groupwise so that mails for staff who are not in OFFICEA is forwarded to the required mail server. Note that all staff irrespective of their office locations are on the same domain (expdisc.com) What it does currently is to send a returned mail indicating that the intended recipient does not exist. Please help!!! Hi, Simple solution is to ...

read mail from server with ole
Can I use an ole object to access Outlook Express and tell it to go and get my messages from the server? I know once I've got the messages I can get them from my Inbox using MAPI, but I have to get them first. ...

After configuring the SMTP server for sending mails ,How to authenticate against the mail server?
  Hi,After configuring the SMTP server ,How to authenticate against the mail server for sending mails?Swati                                             http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/4.2.aspxhttp://www.systemwebmail.com/faq/3.8.aspxAlso, in .NET 2.0 you can store the SMTP credentials and server info in web.config.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThtt...

synapse and exchange mail server
hi there im using synapse library to connect to pop3 and smtp servers does someone knows of a way to connect to an exchange server? thanks amos szust wrote: > hi there > im using synapse library to connect to pop3 and smtp servers > does someone knows of a way to connect to an exchange server? > thanks I think Easy MAPI Enterprise version can do that, http://www.rapware.nl/prod_easymapi_page2.asp?SubMenu=EasyMAPI > > I think Easy MAPI Enterprise version can do that, > http://www.rapware.nl/prod_easymapi_page2.asp?SubMenu=EasyMAPI thanks, will giv...

Win32, Bugzilla and Mail server...
Hi i have installed Bugzilla on win2kserver i have installed all the required programm and now i can see the staring page the problem is with the mail server. i can't find a way to have it working. I see on the bugzilla file that with NET::SMTP i have to changeonly the bugmail.pm file i have tried but i dont find a way to get email working... i have to change some other perl file? i have to setup the NET::SMTP? Hi Davide, I have similar constellation but it works for me. I have Bugzilla 2.18.3 installed on Win 2003 Server, MS Exchange Server 5.2 running. As the Bu...

Web resources about - Read mail directly from Exchange server - embarcadero.delphi.win32

Directly elected mayors in England and Wales - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Directly elected mayors are local government executive leaders who have been directly elected by the people who live in a local authority area. ...

Facebook Debuts Feed Gaming: Users Can Sample Games Directly Via News Feed
... feed is about to become a lot more fun, as the social network announced that it will implement the ability for users to try out games directly ...

Play Games Directly in News Feed
We’re launching the ability for people to try games directly in news feed. Feed gaming enables developers to share a playable version of their ...

Facebook lets users play game demos directly within News Feed
Facebook today announces a new feature that lets users try out games directly within News Feed. Part of the social network’s continued effort ...

Change the channel directly from Twitter
Today, @Comcast and @NBCUniversal are announcing a partnership with Twitter that lets users tune in to a TV show directly from a Tweet. Comcast ...

FontKeyboard for iOS 8 - use cool fonts and texts directly from your keyboard on the App Store on iTunes ...
Get FontKeyboard for iOS 8 - use cool fonts and texts directly from your keyboard on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

WK2/SS2 from directly below - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Jeff Foust's photos on Flickr. Jeff Foust has uploaded 825 photos to Flickr.

#D17 - Occupy Raleigh Day 64 - Do not pass Raleigh, Go directly to jail - Walkupy arrives - YouTube
Occupy Raleigh's #D17 day of action included the arrival of Walkupy. They are a group of protesters who started in NYC, marched to DC with Atlanta, ...

Report: Google wants to design its own smartphone chips to more directly compete with Apple
According to a new report from Amir Efrati of The Information, Google has recently been in discussions with microchip manufacturers about having ...

Google will now let you stream apps directly from Google Search
Google has been trying to keep Google Search, one of its biggest money-makers, relevant ever since the adoption of applications became widespread. ...