Opening an email in Chrome

I sometimes want to open the content of an email in the browser. I decided to enhance this facility to allow the user to select the browser to use if there was more than one installed.

In the form's OnCreate I get a list of the browsers and the program paths. This is passed on to the function that opens the html from the email in a parameter called Browser.

  if Browser = ''
   then ShellExecute(0, nil, PChar(vibFile), nil, nil, SW_SHOW)
  else ShellExecute(0, nil, PChar(AnsiQuotedStr(Browser, '"')), PChar(vibFile), nil, SW_SHOW and SW_RESTORE);

vibFile will be something like file:///Z:/Temp/VIB5.html

This code plays nicely with IE11 and my prefered browser Maxthon but Chrome errors. Chrome is loaded, the file is shown in the address bar but I just get warnings about Chrome has crashed and reloading an extension. Weirdly enough if Chrome has been opened from a desktop shortcut (with or without any pages being loaded) it works.

Any ideas on how to make it work with Chrome

Roy Lambert
0
Roy
8/12/2015 7:47:35 AM
embarcadero.delphi.win32 2183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Roy wrote:

> This code plays nicely with IE11 and my prefered browser Maxthon but
> Chrome errors. Chrome is loaded, the file is shown in the address bar
> but I just get warnings about Chrome has crashed and reloading an
> extension. Weirdly enough if Chrome has been opened from a desktop
> shortcut (with or without any pages being loaded) it works.

Do you have the same error if you open your file in Chrome using the "Start
Menu | Run" menu or a command-line prompt window?

"C:\path to\chrome.exe" file:///Z:/Temp/VIB5.html

That performs the same action that ShellExecute() performs.  If it still
crashes, then it is likely a bug in Chrome's startup logic.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

Just tried that using another email and its fine. Tried with my app using the same email as in Run and it works so it looks like its the content of the email that was the problem.

Roy Lambert
0
Roy

tabs open from email, saving open windows and tabs, comparing email programs
Hi Mozilla, I am using Mozilla 1.7.1 and I have a few questions, they might be repetitive, covered earlier, but I will at least try to make them clear. I would like to use the tabbed browsing more.. when a link is opened from email (which is frequent) is there a way to have it open up a new tab on the current window ? Without first separately creating the open tab by ctrl-T or whatever ? I use Eudora for email. Also generally, is the Mozilla email getting close to the standards in email like Eudora. I am comfortable with the filtering and searching in Eudora, but a...

Script to open email client to send email also opens IE browser
Hi Friends - I tried the following code - linkbutton's clicked event - for the user to send email using their default email client e.g. Outlook Express. private void lbtnEmail_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { try { string sMemberId = Session["MemberId"].ToString(); } catch { Response.Redirect("logon.aspx"); } // **** Response.Redirect("mailto:" + sEmail + "?SUBJECT=Greetings!"); // **** } The problem is although the email client Outlook Express opens correctly, so does the IE browser wit...

Hotmail email: cannot open emails
Name: Zahid Product: Shiretoko Summary: Hotmail email: cannot open emails Comments: Cannot open any email in Hotmail.com. There is a message at the bottom left that just flashes "Loading" Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Opening different emails, shows the same email
I've got a couple of users who are reporting that when they open an email or task, close that out and open other emails or tasks that it continually shows the same content as the first one that was opened up. If they were to exit Notify and GroupWise and restart GW, then it is Ok. One user was an XP client and the other was in WebAccess. We are just concerned that users will get confused if this continues. We are on GW 8 hp1 on Netware 6.5. Thank you! Frank Frank, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concern...

Delphi.NET loading Delphi.Win32 Driver
Hi, What I'm trying to do is marshal an array of cardinal (or integer) back into managed memory from a win32 dll. I know how to pass managed memory into a win32 dll {code} var aa : array of Integer; Buffer : IntPtr; begin SetLength(aa,2); aa[0] := 1; aa[1] := 80; if not Supports(ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)+'Win32_Library\SDK_Driver.Win32.io', TypeOf(IMyFunctions), MyFunctions) then Exit; //loads the driver into memory. MyFunctions contains the method names found in the SDK_Driver. Buffer := Marshal.AllocHGlobal(2 * {Marshal.SystemDefaultC...

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

Converting Delphi for Win32 to Delphi .Net(Prism)
Hi, I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to Delphi.net. Part of my code currently goes into a directory and pulls out a random file from this directory and loads the contents of the file for me. This code doesn't seem to work in Delphi.Net. It uses PString and a number of functions in SysUtils that don't seem to be present in Delphi.net's SysUtils file. If anyone can help me please, it would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks, Jonathan Mackey Jonathan Mackey a écrit : > I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to &...

hotmail email accounts.... this version of firefox (3.1 beta 2) will not allow me to open emails that are in a hotmail email account
Name: lee hughes Email: lee405325ataoldotcom Product: Firefox Summary: hotmail email accounts.... this version of firefox (3.1 beta 2) will not allow me to open emails that are in a hotmail email account Comments: when you click on an email to open it, it does nothing it does not recognise the link to open the emial is even there. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.1b2) Gecko/20081201 Firefox/3.1b2 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback bu...

slow opening new emails.. slow deleting any emails
running TBird 17.0.4 with minimal add-ons.. all of a sudden Tbird is very slow trying to open up new emails..noticed it when it upgraded to TB17.... it is also slow deleting any email whether opened or not--actually goes into 'not responding' mode..then it kicks out of it and deletes ... I have tried Tbird in Safe mode without add-ons enabled.. still the same.. I have compacted the folders... I did notice that this only seems to occur with my two POP email accounts not my IMAP Gmail and AIM accounts I am running Dell Desktop Win 7 with 12GB Ram.. no other program is sl...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Opening 2nd Email With Browse For Folder Pop-up Opened
Hi, I just got a quick question. Here's what I did: -- open 1st email w/ attachment -- from the menu, select File > Attachments > Save All... -- wait until Browse For Folder window popup -- back to TB Inbox folder without closing the BFF popup -- open another email -- the 2nd email will be "blank" w/ Done showed on status bar's lower left hand corner I have set to open new messages in a new message window. If I have the popup closed before opening the 2nd email, it will be opened without any problems. Is this normal? Thanks! -- Wing (TB 2...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Send New Email Opens Another New Email
I just upgraded to Groupwise 8.1 on the server and about 5 clients. About 115 other clients are running 7.0, 7.1 or 7.2 clients. After the install, whenever anyone creates a new email message and clicks the send button, another window pops up. The window is another blank email as if you are sending another new email. This also happens on a reply, so if you sit down and do 5-6 replies at a time, you get anothe 5-6 blank email windows. My users and myself find this feature annoying and would like to turn it off. Some users think the first email did not send and actually re-typ...

Web resources about - Opening an email in Chrome - embarcadero.delphi.win32

Encyclopaedia of Chess Openings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Encyclopaedia of Chess Openings (or ECO ) is a classification system for the opening moves in a game of chess . It is presented as a five-volume ...

INFOGRAPHIC: Major League Baseball Facebook Standings At Opening Of 2013 Season
The New York Yankees may be injury-plagued and off to a sluggish start to the 2013 Major League Baseball season, but when it comes to Facebook ...

‘They saved lives last night’: Bouncers tackle gunman opening fire in Ten X nightclub
Police said they responded to a shooting at Ten X Nightclub at the 1100 Block of 10 Avenue southwest just before 2 a.m. Sunday morning.

Apple now opening four new Apple Stores in China this month alone, as it announces #31 and #32
... in China by October as it has announced that two more stores will open this month. That will bring the total in China to 32, four of them opening ...

'Star Wars' Sales Top $50 Million in China Opening Weekend
Walt Disney said "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" generated $53 million at the box office during its opening weekend in China, adding to the success ...

Fox reveals the opening scene of the new ‘X-Files’ series
We’ve already seen footage from the new X-Files TV series that is due to premiere on January 24th, but we can now watch the show's first scene ...

Guerilla Toss ready first LP for DFA (listen to "Diamond Girls"), playing Market Hotel's opening weekend ...
by Bill Pearis Guerilla Toss will release their first album for DFA, titled Eraser Stargazer, on March 4. The band have just shared the album's ...

7 things we know will happen in 'Mr. Robot' next season — including a time-jumping opening
The surprise hit and critical favorite of 2015, "Mr. Robot" has fans chomping at the bit for more information about what's to come. Don't worry, ...

BLS: Jobs Openings increased in November
From the BLS: Job Openings and Labor Turnover Summary The number of job openings was little changed at 5.4 million on the last business day ...

Nitehawk-Like Movie Theater With Restaurant Opening in Bushwick Today
... oyster dish during the film. A movie theater and restaurant — with wait service during the film in the same vein as Nitehawk Cinema — is opening ...