Importing Delphi 2009 project in Delphi 2006 - Can it be done?

I've been using Delphi 2006 for a while and have never really felt the need to upgrade to a newer release given the expense.  I'm looking at taking over on a project from someone else who developed it in Delphi 2009.  The only code incompatibilities he can think of is some of the Unicode changes that were introduced after D2006 but that should be fairly easy to fix.  My main concern is whether or not a project that was created in Delphi 2009 can even be *opened* in Delphi 2006.  I don't know how file exte
nsions or formats have changed between the two versions.  Can anyone give me an idea of how much of a problem this is likely to be?  Any suggestions would be appreciated!
0
Dan
11/17/2010 9:27:07 PM
embarcadero.delphi.win32 2183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Dan Hite wrote:

> Can anyone give me an idea of how much of a problem this is likely to be?  Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Take a look at the JEDI project for code that would strip out properties
from D2009 forms that are not available in previous editions.  The rest
depends on whether new features only available in D2009 and beyond were
used in the code.

HTH

-Eduardo
0