Importing Delphi 2009 project in Delphi 2006 - Can it be done?

I've been using Delphi 2006 for a while and have never really felt the need to upgrade to a newer release given the expense.  I'm looking at taking over on a project from someone else who developed it in Delphi 2009.  The only code incompatibilities he can think of is some of the Unicode changes that were introduced after D2006 but that should be fairly easy to fix.  My main concern is whether or not a project that was created in Delphi 2009 can even be *opened* in Delphi 2006.  I don't know how file exte
nsions or formats have changed between the two versions.  Can anyone give me an idea of how much of a problem this is likely to be?  Any suggestions would be appreciated!
0
Dan
11/17/2010 9:27:07 PM
embarcadero.delphi.win32 2183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Dan Hite wrote:

> Can anyone give me an idea of how much of a problem this is likely to be?  Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Take a look at the JEDI project for code that would strip out properties
from D2009 forms that are not available in previous editions.  The rest
depends on whether new features only available in D2009 and beyond were
used in the code.

HTH

-Eduardo
0
Eduardo

Convert a Delphi 2006 WinForms project to Delphi Prism
How can I go about doing this short of recreating the project and transfering code? Just wondering what to expect if we go to Prism. Thanks. -- Don Gollahon Don Gollahon wrote: > How can I go about doing this short of recreating the project and > transfering code? > > Just wondering what to expect if we go to Prism. > > Thanks. Hi Don, Have you checked out the migration tool Oxidizer ? http://prismwiki.codegear.com/en/Oxidizer Cheers, John -- John Moshakis wrote: >Don Gollahon wrote: > >> How can I go about doing th...

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

is there a Delphi 2007

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Delphi 2006 product activation (re end of support for Delphi 2006) [Edit]
Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to activate my copy of 2006 on any future installation right? Edited by: David Howes on Jul 18, 2009 9:53 AM David Howes wrote: > Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to acti...

ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009
I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20 files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software. I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough? i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work? Thanks, Jason. -- Jason Sweby ...

Code Porting
Hi people, Basically, I am moving an app from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2009 which is all great (yeah right!) and I am having a couple of issues with some thirdparty components that we have the source code for. Being that I wanted to make the task as easy as possible, I was able to download the component in Delphi 2007 format. I have now managed to port that to 2009 so it compiles only with warnings and no errors. So all is good at this moment. Now I am trying to install the component into the IDE by using the install menu option from the project manager. This is where I run into errors. ...

Question about Delphi 2009 vs Delphi 7
Hi, I was wondering if any of you can point me to a URLs that show the most important improvements between these versions of Delphi. The objective is convincing the powers-that-pay-the-bills that moving to D2009 (that we'd have to purchase) is a better idea than moving to D7 (for which we have licenses). Fire at will! -- Saluti, Alessandro Federici ------------------------------- "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened." (Mark Twain) Alessandro Federici wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if any of yo...