Generating Datamodule - Error DCC Error E2161 (Delphi 20070

Delphi 2007

I'm trying to automatically generate the source for a data module from using an existing Paradox database defintiion, the database is reasonably large (100+ tables, 1000+fields) and is still evolving so I want to be able to generate a module now, and another one in a few weeks when it's changed.

[I'm building a Blackfish equivalent, so it will be a DBExpress / Blackfish solution, so Paradox is irrelevant, just being used as source for database defintion]

I've been able to generate a PAS and DFM file that will compile, but when I try to link I get the following message

[DCC Error] E2161 Warning: Duplicate resource:  Type 10 (RCDATA), ID TDMPETROG2; File C:\ParadoxSQLCreate\Petdm2.DFM resource kept; file C:\ParadoxSQLCreate\Petdm2.dfm resource discarded.

I think the relevant bits of code are (from the top of the *.pas file)

unit Petdm2;

type
  TdmPetrog2 = class(TDataModule)
    dsAnalChem: TDataSource; // data source
    tblAnalChem: TSQLDataSet; // table
    tblAnalChemMethodID: TSmallIntField;

and from the top of the *.dfm file

object dmPetrog2: TdmPetrog2
  OldCreateOrder = True
  Height = 1700
  Width = 794
  object petrogDB: TSQLConnection
    ConnectionName = 'PETROG'
    DriverName = 'BLACKFISHSQL'
    KeepConnection = False

Delphi is quite happy in the IDE to display the datamodule as both text or form DFM.

I've gone back to basics and built a small data module and then done a cut / paste of the contents of the *.pas *.dfm files into new *.pas *.dfm files and get the same DCC warning.

It suggests that there is more information to link the PAS and DFM files together, but I don't know where that is ?

Does anyone have any clues - as to how to get round this warning.

As I do get an EXE I could live with the problem, but it doesn't run under the debugger.

Thanks

Mark
0
Mark
10/6/2008 11:27:19 AM
embarcadero.delphi.win32 2183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mark Gorst wrote:

> Delphi 2007
>
> I'm trying to automatically generate the source for a data module
> from using an existing Paradox database defintiion, the database is
> reasonably large (100+ tables, 1000+fields) and is still evolving so
> I want to be able to generate a module now, and another one in a few
> weeks when it's changed.
>
> [I'm building a Blackfish equivalent, so it will be a DBExpress /
> Blackfish solution, so Paradox is irrelevant, just being used as
> source for database defintion]
>
> I've been able to generate a PAS and DFM file that will compile, but
> when I try to link I get the following message
>
> [DCC Error] E2161 Warning: Duplicate resource:  Type 10 (RCDATA), ID
> TDMPETROG2; File C:\ParadoxSQLCreate\Petdm2.DFM resource kept; file
> C:\ParadoxSQLCreate\Petdm2.dfm resource discarded.

The usual cause of that error is having two lines {$R *.dfm} in the pas
file.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :

Thanks - I was looking for something far more complex and missed that completely.

Greatly appreciated.

Mark
0
Mark

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

Converting Delphi for Win32 to Delphi .Net(Prism)
Hi, I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to Delphi.net. Part of my code currently goes into a directory and pulls out a random file from this directory and loads the contents of the file for me. This code doesn't seem to work in Delphi.Net. It uses PString and a number of functions in SysUtils that don't seem to be present in Delphi.net's SysUtils file. If anyone can help me please, it would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks, Jonathan Mackey Jonathan Mackey a écrit : > I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to &...

Delphi.NET loading Delphi.Win32 Driver
Hi, What I'm trying to do is marshal an array of cardinal (or integer) back into managed memory from a win32 dll. I know how to pass managed memory into a win32 dll {code} var aa : array of Integer; Buffer : IntPtr; begin SetLength(aa,2); aa[0] := 1; aa[1] := 80; if not Supports(ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)+'Win32_Library\SDK_Driver.Win32.io', TypeOf(IMyFunctions), MyFunctions) then Exit; //loads the driver into memory. MyFunctions contains the method names found in the SDK_Driver. Buffer := Marshal.AllocHGlobal(2 * {Marshal.SystemDefaultC...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Win32 program: Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE5

Win32 Delphi language features introduced since Delphi 7
Hi, Am I right in thinking that the language features introduced since Delphi 7 fall into the categories: a) language features dictated by .Net compatibility. e.g. Namespaces, Inlining, records with methods, operator overloading, pure interfaces, generics, extended RTTI and reflection; b) Unicode strings and supporting procedures? c) 64-bit support What other language features, if any, have been introduced since D7? Had most of the post-D7 languages features, except for generics, Unicode strings, and 64-bit support, been introduced in or before Delphi 2005? How bug-free were ...

ANN: Delphi HTML Reports preview

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi and virus, or virus and Delphi.

Web resources about - Generating Datamodule - Error DCC Error E2161 (Delphi 20070 - embarcadero.delphi.win32

Formulas for generating Pythagorean triples - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The following method is a direct algebraic manipulation of the Euclid equations. Start with any even integer , and use the relation from the ...

Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System - Spring 2013 - a set on Flickr
... Commons Getty Collection Galleries World Map App Garden Camera Finder The Weekly Flickr FlickrBlog Upload Sign In Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating ...

Mario Lives! An Adaptive Learning AI Approach for Generating a Living and Conversing Mario Agent - YouTube ...
Mario Lives! An Adaptive Learning AI Approach for Generating a Living and Conversing Mario Agent Stephan Ehrenfeld, Fabian Schrodt, & Prof. Dr. ...

Generating media attention was the aim of New York Times attack: Akamai
Cyber attacks, such as the recent one on the New York Times, are more about gaining attention than causing damage, according to Akamai.

FourPlay review: Generating momentum with improvisation and surprise
From string quartet into a rock band 19 years ago and FourPlay is presenting `interesting compositions, with finely detailed arrangements', John ...

Men In Kilts generating cash and kudos
The Men In Kilts window cleaning concept might seem like a gimmick, but Tressa Wood's business smarts have the company cleaning up, and landed ...

Live blog of MagNet2013 Conference: Generating Publicity—The Right Way
Live blog of MagNet2013 Conference: Generating Publicity—The Right Way

Generating interest in homegrown power
Generating interest in homegrown power People's Daily Online ... are dealing with the preliminary paperwork. "The method was absolutely new ...

IHG generating over $20 million a month in revenue from mobile bookings
InterContinental Hotels' emphasis is on developing booking apps and mobile features to engage with guests in every step of their journey.

TIMELINE: Shutdowns at San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station over 13 years
This timeline of events looks at shutdowns at the San Onofre Nuclear Generating plant over the past 13 years.