Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Hello!

I noticed that Embarcadero® Delphi® 2010 Version is not on the list of products on
Embarcadero page.
Or is it still possible to buy it?

Will RAD Studio XE compile programs written in Delphi 2010 without problems.?

Thanks.
0
Petra
9/13/2010 7:04:25 AM
embarcadero.delphi.win32 2183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Am 13.09.2010 09:04, schrieb Petra Nemec:

> Will RAD Studio XE compile programs written in Delphi 2010 without problems.?

As always you will probably have to recreate the projects as the import
is still a bit -- special.

Christian
0
Christian
9/13/2010 7:11:39 AM
Hello!
Does anybody know if it is still possible to get a Delphi2010 trial version
(if yes where)?
Thanks.

> As always you will probably have to recreate the projects as the import
> is still a bit -- special.
>
> Christian
0
Janez
9/13/2010 8:22:23 AM
Am 13.09.2010 10:22, schrieb Janez Novak:

> Does anybody know if it is still possible to get a Delphi2010 trial version
> (if yes where)?

Oh, come on!

https://downloads.embarcadero.com/free/rad_studio

Christian
0
Christian
9/13/2010 8:36:25 AM
Thanks, but it is only Delphi XE not Delphi 2010 anymore...

> Oh, come on!
>
> https://downloads.embarcadero.com/free/rad_studio
>
> Christian
0
Janez
9/13/2010 8:50:12 AM
Am 13.09.2010 10:50, schrieb Janez Novak:

> Thanks, but it is only Delphi XE not Delphi 2010 anymore...

Oh, sorry.  I've totally missed that.  So, no. I don't know where to get
old trial versions.  You might try to contact Embarcadero directly.

But why do you want a trial version of a legacy product?

Christian
0
Christian
9/13/2010 8:53:33 AM
Hi Petra,

> I noticed that Embarcadero® Delphi® 2010 Version is not on the list of products on
> Embarcadero page.
> Or is it still possible to buy it?

Yes, after you buy, install and register Delphi XE, you can go to a
special web page and download the setup and serial numbers for Delphi
2010, 2009, 2007 and even Delphi 7.

> Will RAD Studio XE compile programs written in Delphi 2010 without problems.?

Usually, yes. There may be some issues (no more Blackfish SQL), but
generally almost all components are still there and all code constructs
should still compile and work.

> Thanks.

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
9/13/2010 9:19:06 AM
> Yes, after you buy, install and register Delphi XE, you can go to a
> special web page and download the setup and serial numbers for Delphi
> 2010, 2009, 2007 and even Delphi 7.

Thanks.
And what is the price for Delphi XE for academic use
(faculty would by it)?
0
Petra
9/13/2010 9:29:35 AM
Hi Petra,

On 2010-09-13 11:29, Petra Nemec wrote:
>> Yes, after you buy, install and register Delphi XE, you can go to a
>> special web page and download the setup and serial numbers for Delphi
>> 2010, 2009, 2007 and even Delphi 7.
>
> Thanks.
> And what is the price for Delphi XE for academic use
> (faculty would by it)?

Oh wait, that offer does not apply for Academic versions...

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
9/13/2010 9:57:57 AM
So for academic version you can get:

1. Only Delphi XE
or
2. Only Delphi 2010

Is that true? And if yes at what cost?

Thanks.

> > Thanks.
> > And what is the price for Delphi XE for academic use
> > (faculty would by it)?
>
> Oh wait, that offer does not apply for Academic versions...
>
> Groetjes,
>            Bob Swart
>
> --
> Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42.com) Forever Loyal to Delphi
> Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
> Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
> http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
> Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
> Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
> Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Petra
9/13/2010 10:02:32 AM
I see, you are not interested in Academic versions ;)

> Oh wait, that offer does not apply for Academic versions...
0
Petra
9/15/2010 6:58:42 AM
Maybe your question is more for sales or resellers.

Maybe some have still Delphi 2010 as and Academic version, like
http://www.academia.co.uk/charity/delphi2010/default.aspx

Delphi XE has statements like "Free older versions not for Academic version"
and "Academic versions do not qualify for upgrade pricing", so I think there is
an Academic version availble.

I would just drop a mail. The Product Manager is Mike Rozlog.
His email address is mrozlog at embarcadero dot com.
(see thread https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=249543&#249543)
0
Robert
9/15/2010 7:54:56 AM
Thanks for instructions.
I sent several messages to Embarcaredo via option available there: 'For Academia' with this question, but I got no reply.
Very strange.

> I would just drop a mail. The Product Manager is Mike Rozlog.
> His email address is mrozlog at embarcadero dot com.
> (see thread https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=249543𼻇)
0
Petra
9/16/2010 5:20:27 AM
Hello!

Sorry, I was too fast, I got the response, and I will buy academic version.

Now I have a question:
I installed a 30 day trial version of DelphiXE  on my machine some days ago
and I would like to replace it with new academic version. What should I do:

1. should I remove the trial version first and then install the acad version?
    (usually removing leaves several programs that are unused in the future)
2. Can I install the acad version by simply rewriting the trial version?
3. Is it enough just to register again with new username and password?

Thranks.

> {quote:title=Petra Nemec wrote:}{quote}
> Thanks for instructions.
> I sent several messages to Embarcaredo via option available there: 'For Academia' with this question, but I got no reply.
> Very strange.
>

> > I would just drop a mail. The Product Manager is Mike Rozlog.
> > His email address is mrozlog at embarcadero dot com.
> > (see thread https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=249543𼻇)
0
Petra
9/16/2010 11:43:10 AM
Hi Petra,

> I installed a 30 day trial version of DelphiXE  on my machine some days ago
> and I would like to replace it with new academic version. What should I do:
>
> 1. should I remove the trial version first and then install the acad version?
>      (usually removing leaves several programs that are unused in the future)

Yes, to avoid potential problems, you should completely remove the trial
version before installing any other version, commercial or academic.

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
9/16/2010 11:55:27 AM
Thanks, I will follow your instructions.

> Yes, to avoid potential problems, you should completely remove the trial
> version before installing any other version, commercial or academic.
0
Petra

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Has anything changed in the Slice Function from Delphi 2010 to Delphi XE?
I have a piece of code which contains the following, it compiles fine under Delphi 2010, but gives me an E2193 error when I try to compile it with Delphi XE Has anything changed in the Slice Function from Delphi 2010 to Delphi XE? {code} var i : Integer ; R : Double ; dArray : Array[0..24] of Double ; begin .... R := Math.Mean( System.Slice( dArray , i ) ); .... end; {code} Thanks On 30/09/2010 6:07 PM, Wayne Davis wrote: > I have a piece of code which contains the following, it compiles fine under Delphi 2010, > but gives me an E2193 error...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

Migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2010

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Delphi 2010 professional to Delphi XE3

Nice, Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7.
Looking at the details for Delphi XE Professional while checking the prices etc and found the above as part of a paragraph. "Delphi XE includes free access to earlier version licenses and downloads for Delphi 2010, 2009, 2007 and 7. Details will be included with your order confirmation email and in the product readme." Very nice bonus! Brian > {quote:title=Brian Evans wrote:}{quote} > Looking at the details for Delphi XE Professional while checking the > prices etc and found the above as part of a paragraph. > > "Delphi XE includes free acce...

Free RAD Studio 2010 and Delphi Prism 2011 with purchase of Delphi 2010
Hi All, For those of you who complain that Delphi (and RAD Studio) is too expensive... for a few short weeks there are two overlapping special offers from Embarcadero that you can use to move up to RAD Studio 2010 including the latest Delphi Prism 2011 for the price of a single Delphi 2010 (New User or Upgrade)... The first "RAD Studio PROMO" offer is still valid until June 28th: when you order Delphi 2010, you get RAD Studio 2010 delivered instead (including Delphi 2010, C++Builder 2010 and Delphi Prism 2010). As of May 26th, the "Delphi Prism 2011" of...

Web resources about - Delphi XE / Delphi 2010 - embarcadero.delphi.win32

Domestic firms eye Delphi
BizChina offers latest business and market information of China, online updates of 17 industries, investment guides, business events and industry ...

Official: Verizon's Vehicle Diagnostics by Delphi now on sale for $250
Filed under: Technology Partnering with Verizon Wireless, Delphi Automotive has released its Vehicle Diagnostics by Delphi product that allows ...