.net component to Delphi component ?

Hello,
Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ?

no
11/18/2008 9:16:37 PM
embarcadero.delphi.win32 2183 articles. 0 followers. Follow

http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this.

--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com
Marc Rohloff wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ?
>
> http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this.

I was hoping for a free tool but thanks
0
no
11/19/2008 1:38:53 AM
On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:38:53 -0800, isaac sam wrote:

> I was hoping for a free tool but thanks

You could always access the .NET runtime APIs yourself.

--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com
Marc Rohloff wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote:
>

>> Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ?
>>

> http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this.

So says the website you link to:

    Managed VCL can not:

        * Query .Net interface if it is not COM visible.
        * Work with .Net events.
        * Work with .Net controls.
        * Managed VCL will not turn your Delphi or C++ Builder into .Net
          language and it some other features may not be available.

In short, there are lots of things it won't do. Including let you use
visual components (controls) in Delphi Win32.

There is no kind of visual control for .Net that does not already exist
in a native Win32 control anyways. What exactly does this guy want to
do? Whatever it is, sounds like there is a better way.

Warren
0
Warren
11/19/2008 2:38:59 PM
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 06:38:59 -0800, Warren Postma wrote:

> So says the website you link to:
>     Managed VCL can not:
>         * Work with .Net controls.

Where did you see this? The homepage says:

Managed VCL can:
  * Place .Net controls on VCL Win32 form

I have never used these controls but, from what I know of the hosting
API, you could use .NET events and interfaces by treating them as
objects.

--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com
Marc Rohloff wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 06:38:59 -0800, Warren Postma wrote:
>

>> So says the website you link to:
>>     Managed VCL can not:
>>         * Work with .Net controls.
>>

> Where did you see this? The homepage says:
>
> Managed VCL can:
>   * Place .Net controls on VCL Win32 form

Oddly enough the list of limitations on the tutorial page is much longer
and that is where I cut & pasted from:

http://www.managed-vcl.com/tutorial/
0
Warren

Delphi.NET loading Delphi.Win32 Driver
Hi, What I'm trying to do is marshal an array of cardinal (or integer) back into managed memory from a win32 dll. I know how to pass managed memory into a win32 dll {code} var aa : array of Integer; Buffer : IntPtr; begin SetLength(aa,2); aa[0] := 1; aa[1] := 80; if not Supports(ExtractFilePath(Application.ExeName)+'Win32_Library\SDK_Driver.Win32.io', TypeOf(IMyFunctions), MyFunctions) then Exit; //loads the driver into memory. MyFunctions contains the method names found in the SDK_Driver. Buffer := Marshal.AllocHGlobal(2 * {Marshal.SystemDefaultC...

Converting Delphi for Win32 to Delphi .Net(Prism)
Hi, I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to Delphi.net. Part of my code currently goes into a directory and pulls out a random file from this directory and loads the contents of the file for me. This code doesn't seem to work in Delphi.Net. It uses PString and a number of functions in SysUtils that don't seem to be present in Delphi.net's SysUtils file. If anyone can help me please, it would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks, Jonathan Mackey Jonathan Mackey a écrit : > I am currently migrating a project from Delphi for Win32 to &...

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi XE6 How to link FastReport components to FireDAC components?
Hi to all. I'm wondering on how to link FastReport componets to FireDAC components. A Delphi XE article "Creating Reports with FastReport (FireDAC)" tells about some misterious component called "TfrxComponents" that is used to do de job but I can't find it nowhere. FastReport demos uses ADOTables and ADOQuerys but no FDQueys neither FDTables. Is there any source code example for doing this? I'll appreciate any link than can help me to best understand my trouble. Regards, Hernando. Please, contact FastReports company regarding FireDAC / FastRepor...

Database Query and other components inside complex Delphi component
Hi! I am trying to develop Delphi DB component for displaying and editing customer data. Many tables (like, carts) in my database references customer using foreign key (like carts.fk_customer) and users want to see a lot of data about customer in diferent forms. So - I am planning to make the component (apparently - derived from TPanel) with the usual properties - DataSource, DataField (for FK_CUSTOMER) and this component should process the changes of its data field (usually fk_customer) by reading addional d ata from the query (component has DataSource property, so, this is possible to fi...

Delphi XE6 How to link FastReport components to FireDAC components?
Hi to all. I'm wondering on how to link FastReport componets to FireDAC components. A Delphi XE article "Creating Reports with FastReport (FireDAC)" tells about some misterious component called "TfrxComponents" that is used to do de job but I can't find it nowhere. FastReport demos uses ADOTables and ADOQuerys but no FDQueys neither FDTables. Is there any source code example for doing this? I'll appreciate any link than can help me to best understand my trouble. Regards, Hernando. First of all, FastReports has a propensity to uninstall itself. S...

Component toolbar in Delphi XE4 missing tabs and components
I installed my custom components package in the RAD Studio XE4 "personality" (both Delphi and C++Builder). It seemed to work fine and I could create a VCL test app for both Delphi and C++Builder with one of the components dropped on a form. But now I am investigating this further and I find that a lot of components are missing.. :-( I managed to get the components displayed as a tabbed ribbon across the top similar to in Delphi7 by going to View/Toolbars/Components. Then I could also drag it to a place on the screen where it could use the full width of the IDE. I then...

Using .net components in Delphi 2007
I have found this which works very well www.warelogic.com . I sent the guy an email to se if he can convert to Delphi but his reply was 'he does not know Delphi. Can we use .NET components from it.' So is it possible (at idiot level) to use in a Delphi app. Cheers SteveW > So is it possible (at idiot level) to use in a Delphi app. Looked a the user guide at the above web site. The C++ interface is a pointer to a record (not a class) which contains function/procedure pointers. Thus it should be possible to create a native Delphi interface. Regards from Germa...

Delphi .net C# no Visual Components?
Hello, I am used to Delphi with VCL components and VS with Component Pallete. I hve a need to modify a project that is in C# ( they say .net) but it is a C# project, and when I load it I get code screens only, no form or tool pallete and everything must be built thru code. Is this normal for C#, seems even if I start a new project it it has not visual dev tools. Can anyone shed some light on this? Jack Fitchett wrote: > Hello, I am used to Delphi with VCL components and VS with Component > Pallete. I hve a need to modify a project that is in C# ( they say .net) > but it is ...

Components in Components
I'm finishing up on a component that I've been creating at run-time but thought I'd go ahead and compile it and add it to my palette. The component contains a number of TPersistent components and a couple of TComponents. It's working well, and it compiles OK, but in the Object Inspector each of the TComponent properties has a drop-down control next to it, as if I was supposed to pick a component from a list. What is going on with this? Do I need to define the owner differently, or specify a parent-lik e object? I'd rather it just list the name of the class, like how i...

DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2
HI I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class. After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp. So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component. In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class. I dont know what to do from ...

How to access .NET components directly in Delphi 2006
I want to access .NET 2.0 components directly in Delphi. A developer has suggested me to first build dummy component in Delphi to represent .NET component which will should be loaded at runtime. I don't like this solution. Is there a freeware solution (if available) which will allow me to directly load .NET components in my Delphi 2006 IDE and visually place them on the form and use them just like VCL components without any extra work. I did look at RemObject's Hydra but does not seem to allow such functionality. Did I miss something here? TIA Yogi Yang On...

Web resources about - .net component to Delphi component ? - embarcadero.delphi.win32

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Spent on specs: are smartphone component wars overrated?
... made, or at least a few dozen? Ironically, many of the games that are recommended tend to be those that don't require blazing hardware components ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Japan follows US lead in banning certain Takata components
Filed under: Government/Legal , Safety , Japan Like the US, Japan will ban certain Takata's airbag inflators from vehicles in development, and ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

DeBoer makes no excuses for components Sharks are missing
... 58° Navigation Home Giants A's Sharks Warriors Kings 49ers Raiders Quakes Insiders More Tickets Shop Watch DeBoer makes no excuses for components ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people