SOAP

I have written a soap server and client application for vehicle tracking and
I have found that it is rather slow to transmit large data tables from the
server to the client. My boss has written a TCP server that passes all data
in single strings to a smaller client and it is about 8 times faster than
SOAP. The disadvantage of the TCP webserver is that the data must be parsed
after it is received by the client. Is there a way to improve the
performance of the SOAP server by perhaps restructuring the data? I have
read that SOAP uses a lot of tags in XML for trasmitting data.

We are also using the soap server on IIS. Would it help to use Apache?

Pier
0
Pier

SOAP webservice in Delphi. Best option?
Hello all, I need to implement a SOAP web service in Delphi (it will be an ISAPI) that will be under heavy load (=many concurrent calls). I'd like to know which would be the best ISAPI/SOAP framework available. My web service must do some very "expensive" initialization (load some huge XML files that cannot be shared between threads) and it would be nice if I could re-use those resources again in the next call, so it would be very nice if the framework could do thread pooling. Also, is the Delphi soap server wizard still "current", or is it deprecated? Kin...

Delphi SOAP (WebServices) demos are back on CodeCentral!
Anybody doing WebServices/SOAP programming on delphi who remembers the Delphi 2007 era demos, might be happy to know that I've fixed them up and posted them on CodeCentral. Since that code belongs to Embarcadero, I'd like to thank Embarcadero for giving permission to me to post this code on CodeCentral: http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/28789 Anybody who has bug reports for this code can email me at warren dot postma at gmail dot com. It is possible that I might set up a version control system (bitbucket) if that's needed, and if Embarcadero has no problem with that. I w...

How to recover a SOAP Header in a Delphi Win32 WebService?
I'm trying to implement authentication across of SOAP header in my webservice. The WebService is developed in Delphi XE (Win32) and is accessed by application an .NET (C #). I could not find documentation and working examples of a webservice with this type of authentication.The other option would be to create parameters in all functions of the webservice passing the username and password, but would not want to do this. Declared in the interface (INTF) a class of type "TSoapHeader" with the properties you need in this case, username and password! {code} THeader = class(...

Delphi
Hi, I have a webservice from SAP, it has one operation "ZMymcsCustomersMulti" <wsdl:operation name="ZMymcsCustomersMulti"> <wsp:Policy> <wsp:PolicyReference URI="#OP_ZMymcsCustomersMulti"/> </wsp:Policy> <wsdl:input message="tns:ZMymcsCustomersMulti"/> <wsdl:output message="tns:ZMymcsCustomersMultiResponse"/> </wsdl:operation> As you can see the return value should be of the type "ZMymcsCustomersMultiResponse". After I imported this service into my delphi p...

SOAP webservice
hi all,           I have .wsdl file sent by my client, i wanna use his webservice in my console based application. He is saying i have to send soap request means not to go to "add web reference" but from directly code i can do that. He sent me a command that runs on command line something like wsdl param1 param2, which i ran and there was a .cs file with the same name. Please help me out how to do the things?   thanks  alot WSDL.exe is a tool provided with .NET framework installation. This tool generates code for...

Delphi SOAP
I just now feel like one of those persons I don't like, that are quite frequent in this newsgroup, and that always keep complaining about things in Delphi. I am just very happy with the tool and even managed to do a lot of work in D2005! I just downloaded XE2 and feel quite happy about all the new stuff there. The time is maybe not optimal for this, but here goes anyway: I am just working on extending my app with consuming a webservice where I would need MTOM support. Delphi doesn't support that, and that has caused me a lot of grief and sorrows the last months. Today I finally thin...

Webservice
Hey people. Didnt know where to put this so posted it here. I'm looking for some documentation about the zenworks webservices. I would like to be able to use some methods from some vbscripts. To get specific i would like to search the zone for all registration keys. Anyone have any kind of SDK information for zenworks? -- johwes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Johwes, there's no SDK at this time... -- Shaun Pond But ZMAN automation may be able to help. Clearly less preferred on your part, but it may be an ...

Delphi Webservice
Hello, I have created one webservice using indy TIdHTTPWebBrokerBridge and also created the client. Now I need to way to pass some file which will be reside on my server path to the client thorugh SOAP. The picture is as follows: 1) I have some fastreport files on the server 2) The client will show those report on the client side. There will be no fr3 files in the client side. Also I don't want to use FastReport Client/Server technology, as my client does not want this. 3) I don't want to save the fr3 files in the client side also. How to call this report from Client...

Delphi 2010 webservice consumer pass null strings to webservice [Edit]
Hello, I need to consume a webservice that is developed in java ( thas all that I know ). I have a HTTPRIO componente and have import the webservice file win the WSDL importer. Til here everything is allright but when I run the application all the parameters reach the webservice as null. I have made some webservice and consumers but I never have had problems ( I make the server and the client ) I test to do the same with prism and c++ bilder and it go allright, but I need it to do in delphi Thanks PD: Pleas be patient, my English is not good Edited by: Adrian Zussino on Sep 8, 2010 3...

Thunderbird and SOAP Webservices
I am trying to call a SOAP webservice from within Thunderbird. The problem is I can't call the SOAPCall( ) constructor. I always get a "SOAPCall is not defined" exception. What am I missing here? Can it be that Thunderbird doesn't build SOAP WS support???? Thanks in advance for any help. PS - Code follows: try { netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalBrowserRead") var method = "Hello"; var soapVersion = 0; var params = [ new SOAPParameter( "myname", "input" ) ]; var ws ...

soap exception and webservice
I am throwing a soap exception at webservice created in asp.net 2.0 using c#. I have a windows application which is calling webservice.   I am catching a soap exception in try catch whereever there is call to webservice. I have 2 catch exception block. 1. Soap exception block catch (System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException Soapex) 2. General exceptioncatch (System.Exception ee)   in all cases all my exception are catching at general exception block.   my webservice is throwing soap exception as   throw new soapException("test", XmlQualifiedNa...

Delphi Webservices Application
I am trying to run a webservice client on Windows XP that accesses a server on windows server 2003. I get the following error: "Receieved content of invalid Content-Type setting: text/html - SOAP expects text/xml" when I call a function on the server. I don't get this error if both the server and client are running under windows xp. I have compiled both the client and server on windows XP with Delphi 7. What could be the cause of the error? Pier Pier Nardin wrote: > I am trying to run a webservice client on Windows XP that accesses a > server on windows s...

Soap WebService with FastCGI
hi all, Is there any way to deploy a CGI stand-alone executable SOAP webservice created with Delphi XE with FastCGI other than as normal CGI in IIS 7 ? thanks,, Il Thu, 11 Aug 2011 04:25:12 -0700, Jorge Lopez <> ha scritto: >hi all, > >Is there any way to deploy a CGI stand-alone executable SOAP webservice >created with Delphi XE with FastCGI other than as normal CGI in IIS 7 ? > >thanks,, Hi, in order to create a standalone web service application, you can also consider to use Indy along with the TIdHTTPWebBrokerBridge class. You can search...

php soap webservice
Hi All I am new to web services. Can D2010 talk to a php soap web service? Thanks Godfrey Hello, > I am new to web services. Can D2010 talk to a php soap web service? > Unfortunately, it's difficult to answer this question without knowing a little more about the WebService. There are so many WebService standards and Delphi does not support all of them. So, while it's easy to write a php soap webservice that Delphi can interop with, I can imagine that Delphi cannot talk to all php soap webservices. For example, does the service require authentication...

SOAP on Delphi XE
I am Starting a new project. Where I need to extract and display in vcl controls data from a website. I am not the web programmer. He is planing to use SOAP to publish this data. I am new to web service and need an example (SIMPLE) of how to handle a client. Thanks in Advance Donald S. Bossen - First, you start a new project - Go to Menu -> Component -> Import WSDL... - in the wizard that appears, you must enter the http (or https) address of the SOAP server you want to use, then just press next...and keep all the default settings as they are. After the wizard is completed, you wil...

Web resources about - SOAP - embarcadero.delphi.webservices

SOAP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SOAP , originally defined as Simple Object Access Protocol , is a protocol specification for exchanging structured information in the implementation ...

Soap - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Soaps are mainly used as surfactants for washing , bathing , and cleaning , but they are also used in textile spinning and are important components ...

We Love Soaps
GREY'S ANATOMY's ninth season continues on Thursday, November 15 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on ABC. On "Second Opinion," as the doctors continue with their ...

Have Facebook Games Stolen Soap Opera Audiences?
Has the rise of Facebook games brought about the demise of soap operas? We think not.

To Our Loyal ABC Soap Fans - Facebook
Hoover hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel To Our Loyal ABC Soap Fans geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen.

Global Soap Project (@GlobalSoap) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Global Soap Project @ GlobalSoap ...

Bubbly Pop: Soap Bubbles Fun on the App Store on iTunes
Get Bubbly Pop: Soap Bubbles Fun on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Congress Backs Bill Banning Microbeads In Soap, Body Wash
Plastic microbeads used in soaps, body washes and other personal-care products will be phased out starting in 2017 under legislation approved ...

‘Telenovela’ Shows What It's Really Like Behind the Scenes of a Soap-Opera
... online preview of the third, of its new sitcom, Telenovela . The show takes place behind-the-scenes of a Florida-based, Spanish language soap-opera, ...

Obama bans microbead soaps - Business Insider Deutschland
The new act bans soap and toothpaste with the tiny pieces of plastic, which pollute waterways and enter the food chain.