SOAP with THTTPRIO en http authentication

Hello,

How do I supply http authentication when using a THTTPRIO with a SOAP
request?

I've tried HTTPRIO.HTTPWebNode.Username/Password, but that does not seem
to work.

Regard,

Ronald
1
Ronald

Am 10.12.2014, 08:48 Uhr, schrieb Ronald Hoek <nomail@me.ok>:

> Hello,
>
> How do I supply http authentication when using a THTTPRIO with a SOAP
> request?
>
> I've tried HTTPRIO.HTTPWebNode.Username/Password, but that does not seem
> to work.

I found a thread where the author says, it worked:
http://www.delphipraxis.net/144627-http-basic-authentication-bei-soap.html

Try implementing an OnBeforePost Handler which sets the needed credentials manually.

Or this one: http://www.delphigroups.info/2/2/344173.html

Stefan
0
Stefan
12/10/2014 11:19:15 AM
> I found a thread where the author says, it worked:

http://www.delphipraxis.net/144627-http-basic-authentication-bei-soap.html

 > Try implementing an OnBeforePost Handler which sets the needed
credentials manually.

 > Or this one: http://www.delphigroups.info/2/2/344173.html

This does not work in my case. The problem is when using WSDL to reach
the webservice.

I found out, after setting the WSDLLocation of the RIO and supplying the
username/password properties of the WSDLView property of the HTTPWebNOde
of the RIO, it does work.

Because already set the authentication info of the HTTPWebNode for
the actual webservice call, I just copy it to the WSDLView, when
using WSDL.

Ex.

   // Copy user loging info from HTTPWebNode
   RIO.HTTPWebNode.WSDLView.UserName := RIO.HTTPWebNode.UserName;
   RIO.HTTPWebNode.WSDLView.Password := RIO.HTTPWebNode.Password;
0
Ronald

SOAP webservice in Delphi. Best option?
Hello all, I need to implement a SOAP web service in Delphi (it will be an ISAPI) that will be under heavy load (=many concurrent calls). I'd like to know which would be the best ISAPI/SOAP framework available. My web service must do some very "expensive" initialization (load some huge XML files that cannot be shared between threads) and it would be nice if I could re-use those resources again in the next call, so it would be very nice if the framework could do thread pooling. Also, is the Delphi soap server wizard still "current", or is it deprecated? Kin...

Retrieving username/password from HTTP Authentication in webservice
I have a webservice which receives a post with the user name/password in the headers:POST /reporting/test.asmx/user_reply? HTTP/1.1Authorization: Basic Z2lsbGlhbjpnaWxsaWFuHost: 10.1.1.88:666Pragma: no-cacheAccept: */*Content-Length: 141Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencodedid=3130890&msg=8d62409c2202b238ce09be5a09254607HTTP/1.1 100 ContinueServer: Microsoft-IIS/5.1Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 23:16:08 GMTX-Powered-By: ASP.NET I can retrieve the 'id' and 'msg' values from the query string by doing something like string id = this.Context.Request.QueryString["id&quo...

XML WebService Custom Authentication with Soap Header
I'm trying the custom soap header authentication in this example: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconsecuringaspnetwebservices.asp I put the two long C# codes in a .cs file and register the module in web.config. It seems to work. When a XML consumer pass a request with username and password in soap header, it actually launch the WebServiceAuthenticationEvent. I can see the user/password passed into public WebServiceAuthenticationEvent(HttpContext context, string user, string password) However, it never reach the Authenticate() and A...

How to recover a SOAP Header in a Delphi Win32 WebService?
I'm trying to implement authentication across of SOAP header in my webservice. The WebService is developed in Delphi XE (Win32) and is accessed by application an .NET (C #). I could not find documentation and working examples of a webservice with this type of authentication.The other option would be to create parameters in all functions of the webservice passing the username and password, but would not want to do this. Declared in the interface (INTF) a class of type "TSoapHeader" with the properties you need in this case, username and password! {code} THeader = class(...

Microsoft HTTP Server API with Delphi SOAP
I have looked all over the Internet and cannot find a single Delphi conversion of the Microsoft HTTP Server API. This API allows high performance HTTP server applicaitons to be built that can handle much larger amounts of HTTP transactions per second than you can with Winsock 2. This API is implemented in the kernel of all the new Windows operating systems, and blows Winsock out of the water for transaction volume per second. It is particularly well suited for XML/SOAP services. It also doesn't take over exclusive use of port 80/443 over and coexists with IIS, so you can create mult...

Delphi
Hi, I have a webservice from SAP, it has one operation "ZMymcsCustomersMulti" <wsdl:operation name="ZMymcsCustomersMulti"> <wsp:Policy> <wsp:PolicyReference URI="#OP_ZMymcsCustomersMulti"/> </wsp:Policy> <wsdl:input message="tns:ZMymcsCustomersMulti"/> <wsdl:output message="tns:ZMymcsCustomersMultiResponse"/> </wsdl:operation> As you can see the return value should be of the type "ZMymcsCustomersMultiResponse". After I imported this service into my delphi p...

Delphi SOAP (WebServices) demos are back on CodeCentral!
Anybody doing WebServices/SOAP programming on delphi who remembers the Delphi 2007 era demos, might be happy to know that I've fixed them up and posted them on CodeCentral. Since that code belongs to Embarcadero, I'd like to thank Embarcadero for giving permission to me to post this code on CodeCentral: http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/28789 Anybody who has bug reports for this code can email me at warren dot postma at gmail dot com. It is possible that I might set up a version control system (bitbucket) if that's needed, and if Embarcadero has no problem with that. I w...

Does the Delphi 2009 SOAP Client support NTLM authentication
It looks like IdHTTP has support for NTLM, but I do not know if it is working and how I can enable it. The SOAP runtime seems to instantiate the IdHTTP component when needed, and I have not found a way to add the NTLM authentication handler. Are there other SOAP toolkits for Delphi which have support for NTLM? Many thanks in advance, -- Michael Justin SCJP, SCJA betasoft - Software for Delphi™ and for the Java™ platform http://www.mikejustin.com - http://www.betabeans.de Michael Justin wrote: > It looks like IdHTTP has support for NTLM, but I do not know if it is &...

THTTPRio: How can I handle Proxy Authentication? (HTTP Code 407)
Hi there! I need to use a web service with a THTTPRio object. I implemented that already and it works great on a client that doesn't need proxy authentication. If I run that program on a client that sits behind a proxy that requires authentication my program obviously doesn't work anymore. What happens is that I get a 407 (Authentication Required) exception. I can catch this exception but I don't know what to do next. I tried sending user and password information with the following code: {code} var pSession: HINTERNET; pSession := InternetOpen('MyApp', INTER...

I need exmaples of Http Pipelining and Http Authentication
HI, all I am preparing an appliction for which, I want to know hwo the authentication(Basic and Access )will go under our WINDOW's authentication., and I want to test/know how HTTP Pipelining works in ASP.Net, I have to prepare testcase document on this, Please help me, Thanks,Pashi this is how asp.net does its work http://www.west-wind.com/presentations/howaspnetworks/howaspnetworks.asp you will want to research httpmodules and httphandlers and perhaps isapi filters the article should clarify some things, doing an httpmodule and an httphandler should perfect it have a good day...

Persisting Authentication using Webservices with Forms Authentication
Hi all! I've written a webservice that accepts credentials from various webapplications and validates this against the Active Directory (LDAP). For this webservice, I've implemented Forms authentication using this article: http://www.dotnetbips.com/articles/dbd724e9-78f0-4a05-adfb-190d151103b2.aspx.An user access the webapplication and fills out his username and password. These are sent to the Webservice which responds with true or false. Only when a user is authenticated, other webmethods can be used. My question is: Can I persist the cookie on the client using this technique...

Delphi SOAP
I just now feel like one of those persons I don't like, that are quite frequent in this newsgroup, and that always keep complaining about things in Delphi. I am just very happy with the tool and even managed to do a lot of work in D2005! I just downloaded XE2 and feel quite happy about all the new stuff there. The time is maybe not optimal for this, but here goes anyway: I am just working on extending my app with consuming a webservice where I would need MTOM support. Delphi doesn't support that, and that has caused me a lot of grief and sorrows the last months. Today I finally thin...

Authentication with SOAP
Would it be correct to say that every function that a webserver provides should require a user ID as a parameter because if you sell the service to a third party without requiring a user ID, they will be able to use the service without paying. In this case using the default Delphi functions for transferring datasets is not suitable. It is necessary to create one's own data structures for transferring datasets. Pier Pier Nardin schreef: > Would it be correct to say that every function that a webserver provides > should require a user ID as a parameter because if you ...

http authentication
hey all, is it possible to add http authentication to asp.net? so i can login using http://username:password@name.com i want to store usernames and passwords in a database ... i dont want to configure iis for every user ... its very easy in php (example in php below) is this possible in ASP.NET ... if yes, how ? thanks <?php // File Name: auth01.php // Check to see if $PHP_AUTH_USER already contains info if (!isset($PHP_AUTH_USER)) { // If empty, send header causing dialog box to appear header('WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="My Private ...

HTTP Authentication
------=_NextPart_000_0110_01BF2BA8.3F4A5780 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've tried to autenticate with this code: #!/usr/bin/perl print "HTTP/1.0 401 Authentification Required\n"; print "WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm=3D\"FOO\"\n"; print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n"; print "<HTML><BODY>Hi</BODY></HTML>"; =20 but this code not work....any sugestions, and, when i'll autenticate the = clients, how can i catch the user (w...

SOAP Authentication
Hi I'm using the following webservice for displaying the users. It's not working if i calling from aspx page how to call this webservice from an aspx page. <WebService(Namespace:="http://myplus.com/sweb")> _ Public Class securedservice Inherits System.Web.Services.WebService Public sheader As Authenticator Private conn As SqlConnection, cmdmessages As SqlCommand #Region " Web Services Designer Generated Code " Public Sub New() MyBase.New() 'This call is required by the Web Services Designer. ...

What is Authentication and What Do I Have to Do to Authenticate?
I have browsed through a lot of articles about form authentication with LDAP coding in ASP.NET, and they all seem having a bunch of codes and doing a lot of checking, for example, check to see if "cn=username", check the groupof property to get the group.  Why do we have to do that?  Isn't it enough to just instantiate a DirectoryEntry by passing the ldapPath and login credential?...

Webservice
Hey people. Didnt know where to put this so posted it here. I'm looking for some documentation about the zenworks webservices. I would like to be able to use some methods from some vbscripts. To get specific i would like to search the zone for all registration keys. Anyone have any kind of SDK information for zenworks? -- johwes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Johwes, there's no SDK at this time... -- Shaun Pond But ZMAN automation may be able to help. Clearly less preferred on your part, but it may be an ...

SOAP webservice
hi all,           I have .wsdl file sent by my client, i wanna use his webservice in my console based application. He is saying i have to send soap request means not to go to "add web reference" but from directly code i can do that. He sent me a command that runs on command line something like wsdl param1 param2, which i ran and there was a .cs file with the same name. Please help me out how to do the things?   thanks  alot WSDL.exe is a tool provided with .NET framework installation. This tool generates code for...

Delphi Webservice
Hello, I have created one webservice using indy TIdHTTPWebBrokerBridge and also created the client. Now I need to way to pass some file which will be reside on my server path to the client thorugh SOAP. The picture is as follows: 1) I have some fastreport files on the server 2) The client will show those report on the client side. There will be no fr3 files in the client side. Also I don't want to use FastReport Client/Server technology, as my client does not want this. 3) I don't want to save the fr3 files in the client side also. How to call this report from Client...

HTTP webservice
Hi,in  my project we need to develop a HTTP Webservice (not SOAP) (sorry i dont know why this requirement exist, but we need to develop this) and a small sample client application to consume it.i know, we can create SOAP webservice project in .net, but i dont know how to create HTTP one. Any idea how develop a HTTP webservice and a client application to consume it.Thanks in advance,Venu  Dream it. U can do it!Venu Bharadwaj   Hello bharadwajrv, By HTTP Webservice, I think you mean using REST instead of SOAP.  A REST webservice is simply a page that responds with XML i...

Http:// and Http:// ?!
Hi, How can I change https:// to http:// or vice versa in the VB.NEt or C#?Thanks, If your simply trying to alter the string you could do something like this:strURL = "https://..."strURL.Replace("https", "http")End result here should be "http://..."...

http authentication
i developed a client application that use java based web services and  this web service  has http authentication i overrided a GetWebRequest(Uri) from base class but in overided function System.Net.WebRequest request = base.GetWebRequest(uri) ; this line  throw exception   like java.langInvalidArgument Thanks for helpM. Volkan Şengöz...

HTTP Authentication
Is there any way to use http authentication ( or any other security mechanism) with PD? I'd like to secure the access to some PD scripts and templates. Thanks, Peter Bourke. Peter- Take a look at the help on the document.status property (PD 2.0 and up) and document.GetServerVariable() method (PD 1.2 and up) for a start. You can set the HTTP status using this property, and you can access all of the Web server varaibles, like AUTH_TYPE and REMOTE_USER using this method. Here is the example from the document.status help info: <!--SCRIPT authType = document.GetServe...

Web resources about - SOAP with THTTPRIO en http authentication - embarcadero.delphi.webservices

New Tools to Optimize App Authentication
At f8, we announced a redesigned Auth Dialog and a new authentication flow to give developers more control over people’s first experience with ...

Facebook Tells Some Developers They Have 48 Hours to Fix Authentication Data Leaks
... sent an email to what it calls a “very small percentage of the developer community” informing them their apps are suspected of leaking authentication ...

Sony Authentication Power Outlet Recognizes Users and Devices #DigInfo - YouTube
Sony Authentication Power Outlet Recognizes Users and Devices DigInfo TV - http://diginfo.tv 9/3/2012 NFC & Smart WORLD 2012 Sony Authentication ...

Online account security: lazy authentication is still the norm
Even in the high-tech world of 2016, crims will be able to side-step your account security by making a phone call and saying they're you.

ATO boosts service access via app and voice authentication
The ATO has announced it will extend its voice authentication system to its mobile app