Soap WebService with FastCGI

hi all,

Is there any way to deploy a CGI stand-alone executable SOAP webservice created with Delphi XE with FastCGI other than as normal CGI in IIS 7 ?

thanks,,
0
Jorge

Il Thu, 11 Aug 2011 04:25:12 -0700, Jorge Lopez <> ha scritto:

>hi all,
>
>Is there any way to deploy a CGI stand-alone executable SOAP webservice
>created with Delphi XE with FastCGI other than as normal CGI in IIS 7 ?
>
>thanks,,

Hi,

    in order to create a standalone web service application, you can also consider
to use Indy along with the TIdHTTPWebBrokerBridge class. You can search on the net
for the IdHTTPWebBrokerBridge.pas if it there's no in your Indy distribution.
This component, derived from a TIdCustomHTTPServer class, is able to use a TWebModule
(a TSoapWebModule for sake of precision) to receive ws requests and to deliver back
ws replies.
It's very reliable, even in windows service applications.
I've a sample (a normal desktop app) that shows how to use IdHTTPWebBrokerBridge unit,
but it written in C++. The apps (client and server) are very tiny and I think it's pretty
straighforward to translate them in delphi. However, there are many examples (out there,
in the net) that use TIdHTTPWebBrokerBridge written in delphi.

HTH

Giuliano
0
Giuliano
8/11/2011 7:04:13 PM
> {quote:title=Giuliano . wrote:}{quote}
> Il Thu, 11 Aug 2011 04:25:12 -0700, Jorge Lopez <> ha scritto:
>
> >hi all,
> >
> >Is there any way to deploy a CGI stand-alone executable SOAP webservice
> >created with Delphi XE with FastCGI other than as normal CGI in IIS 7 ?
> >
> >thanks,,
>
> Hi,
>
>     in order to create a standalone web service application, you can also consider
> to use Indy along with the TIdHTTPWebBrokerBridge class. You can search on the net
> for the IdHTTPWebBrokerBridge.pas if it there's no in your Indy distribution.
> This component, derived from a TIdCustomHTTPServer class, is able to use a TWebModule
> (a TSoapWebModule for sake of precision) to receive ws requests and to deliver back
> ws replies.
> It's very reliable, even in windows service applications.
> I've a sample (a normal desktop app) that shows how to use IdHTTPWebBrokerBridge unit,
> but it written in C++. The apps (client and server) are very tiny and I think it's pretty
> straighforward to translate them in delphi. However, there are many examples (out there,
> in the net) that use TIdHTTPWebBrokerBridge written in delphi.
>
> HTH
>
> Giuliano

thanks for your answer but I think I have been misunderstood. I mean to deploy a CGI SOAP Server application developed with Delphi as a FastCGI in Internet Information Server 7 not as a standard CGI. FastCGI is much faster than CGI but I've not been able not install my CGI as FastCGI like for example PHP.
0
Jorge
8/12/2011 9:11:30 AM
Hello,

> thanks for your answer but I think I have been misunderstood. I mean to
> deploy a CGI SOAP
> Server application developed with Delphi as a FastCGI in Internet
> Information Server 7 not
> as a standard CGI. FastCGI is much faster than CGI but I've not been able
> not install my CGI
> as FastCGI like for example PHP.

The Delphi SOAP support is built on top of WebBroker. So if there's a
WebBroker layer for FastCGI, the SOAP layer will work on top of it. I
believe we dropped our support for FastCGI a while ago (around the same time
we dropped support for Apache, I believe). So, out of the box, there's no
support for FastCGI:(

Cheers,

Bruneau
0
Jean

SOAP webservice in Delphi. Best option?
Hello all, I need to implement a SOAP web service in Delphi (it will be an ISAPI) that will be under heavy load (=many concurrent calls). I'd like to know which would be the best ISAPI/SOAP framework available. My web service must do some very "expensive" initialization (load some huge XML files that cannot be shared between threads) and it would be nice if I could re-use those resources again in the next call, so it would be very nice if the framework could do thread pooling. Also, is the Delphi soap server wizard still "current", or is it deprecated? Kin...

Delphi 2010 webservice consumer pass null strings to webservice [Edit]
Hello, I need to consume a webservice that is developed in java ( thas all that I know ). I have a HTTPRIO componente and have import the webservice file win the WSDL importer. Til here everything is allright but when I run the application all the parameters reach the webservice as null. I have made some webservice and consumers but I never have had problems ( I make the server and the client ) I test to do the same with prism and c++ bilder and it go allright, but I need it to do in delphi Thanks PD: Pleas be patient, my English is not good Edited by: Adrian Zussino on Sep 8, 2010 3...

How to recover a SOAP Header in a Delphi Win32 WebService?
I'm trying to implement authentication across of SOAP header in my webservice. The WebService is developed in Delphi XE (Win32) and is accessed by application an .NET (C #). I could not find documentation and working examples of a webservice with this type of authentication.The other option would be to create parameters in all functions of the webservice passing the username and password, but would not want to do this. Declared in the interface (INTF) a class of type "TSoapHeader" with the properties you need in this case, username and password! {code} THeader = class(...

Delphi
Hi, I have a webservice from SAP, it has one operation "ZMymcsCustomersMulti" <wsdl:operation name="ZMymcsCustomersMulti"> <wsp:Policy> <wsp:PolicyReference URI="#OP_ZMymcsCustomersMulti"/> </wsp:Policy> <wsdl:input message="tns:ZMymcsCustomersMulti"/> <wsdl:output message="tns:ZMymcsCustomersMultiResponse"/> </wsdl:operation> As you can see the return value should be of the type "ZMymcsCustomersMultiResponse". After I imported this service into my delphi p...

Delphi SOAP (WebServices) demos are back on CodeCentral!
Anybody doing WebServices/SOAP programming on delphi who remembers the Delphi 2007 era demos, might be happy to know that I've fixed them up and posted them on CodeCentral. Since that code belongs to Embarcadero, I'd like to thank Embarcadero for giving permission to me to post this code on CodeCentral: http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/28789 Anybody who has bug reports for this code can email me at warren dot postma at gmail dot com. It is possible that I might set up a version control system (bitbucket) if that's needed, and if Embarcadero has no problem with that. I w...

SOAP webservice
hi all,           I have .wsdl file sent by my client, i wanna use his webservice in my console based application. He is saying i have to send soap request means not to go to "add web reference" but from directly code i can do that. He sent me a command that runs on command line something like wsdl param1 param2, which i ran and there was a .cs file with the same name. Please help me out how to do the things?   thanks  alot WSDL.exe is a tool provided with .NET framework installation. This tool generates code for...

Webservice
Hey people. Didnt know where to put this so posted it here. I'm looking for some documentation about the zenworks webservices. I would like to be able to use some methods from some vbscripts. To get specific i would like to search the zone for all registration keys. Anyone have any kind of SDK information for zenworks? -- johwes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Johwes, there's no SDK at this time... -- Shaun Pond But ZMAN automation may be able to help. Clearly less preferred on your part, but it may be an ...

Delphi Webservice
Hello, I have created one webservice using indy TIdHTTPWebBrokerBridge and also created the client. Now I need to way to pass some file which will be reside on my server path to the client thorugh SOAP. The picture is as follows: 1) I have some fastreport files on the server 2) The client will show those report on the client side. There will be no fr3 files in the client side. Also I don't want to use FastReport Client/Server technology, as my client does not want this. 3) I don't want to save the fr3 files in the client side also. How to call this report from Client...

to use a webservice or not to use a webservice?
hi folks, i have a web-based application that connects to a server for processing and then gets back the data from the server asynchonously to display to the user--specifically, the user identifies a product by answering coupla questions and then the program connects to a CAD server to generate models of the product to display to the user. creating the CAD files typically takes little over a minute or so...but i would like to know whether its a good idea to use a web-service to connect to the CAD server and then do the processing or whether remoting is a better way to do this. ...

Newbie: Webservice to Webservice Communication : Help!
Hello, as my subject suggests I am a newbie developer and am currently working on a project that requires two webservices to communicate so that two client applications can interact. e.g. client program - Webservice - Webservice - client program The services are each hosted by seperate machines and I have them communicating. The problem is that one webservice that is always hosted and can run as a seperate entity. The other will vary in its up-time from permanantly available (and communicating) perhaps down to once a day for a few minutes in order to send and recieve updates to/from...

Calling a webservice from inside another webservice
I have a an Ajax enabled web service that needs to call a remote (on another domain) web service. So I setup the ajax service to call a local .asmx which then uses a "Web Reference" to the remote asmx. It calls the function in the remote asmx and executes just fine. The problem... 1.) First, am I doing this correctly? 2.) Reporting back is not working. Here's what I'm doing inside the locally called service: Dim ws As New WebReference.AjaxEnabledWebService Dim returnstatus as string="" ws.FunctionName(ParameterSendin1, ParameterSend...

C# webservices Vs Java WebServices
Hi, I have a group project in my School. And my team leader thinks that we should make the client in C# and Webservice in java. I am on the other hand in favour of C# webservices. Is there any advantages of making one webservice over the other. I think he is worried that C# webservices will be hard to consume by the java client and needs a lot of work. what do u guys think ?? Give me good reasons why should I choose C# webservices instead of java webservices or vice versa.HighOnCodingWanna get high! they both use the same interchange standard, so it doesn't really matter...

Dynamically invoking a webservice from another webservice
I have an issue while creating a dynamic proxy for a webservice passing a complex type as a parameter. So I just needed some help if any one can suggest some solution to get the rid of the issue. Here is a quick scenario detailing the issue:               I have a webservice ‘A’ having a method ‘Update’ which accepts a complex type ‘ComplexType’. Now I need a way to call the service ‘A’ dynamically from another web service say ‘B’ by providing URL of service ‘A’, method name & the ‘Complex’ type (shared type) parameter. ...

what is webservice?
Dear friends i m new to webservice. can anyone tell me in which condition we can use it?nd how do we create it? i dont have any idea abt this.ThanksshwetaIn a day when don't come across any problem -you can be sure that you are traveling in wrong path http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms972326.aspxhttp://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Overview+of+WebService+in+asp+net&btnG=Search Regards,Vinz"Code, Beer and Music" that's my way of being a programmer!How to get your Forum Question Answered | Blog | CodeASP.NET hi shweta this will give u example to creat...

Deploying website and webservice/ Dynamically calling a webservice
hai all,i have a website and webservice on my local machine, everythings works fine. now how I ll deploy this to live. I have already copied my website and webservice to the  server and had made the virtual directory. 1. Now how i will set web reference to the webservice.2. i manage a few constants in web.config. can i put a app key in web.config which has a value as webservice path and dynamically call the webservice. i am trying to deploy a website/webservice for first time. so this question may be the most basic one, but plz do considerwarm regards  You'll have to pro...

Thunderbird and SOAP Webservices
I am trying to call a SOAP webservice from within Thunderbird. The problem is I can't call the SOAPCall( ) constructor. I always get a "SOAPCall is not defined" exception. What am I missing here? Can it be that Thunderbird doesn't build SOAP WS support???? Thanks in advance for any help. PS - Code follows: try { netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege("UniversalBrowserRead") var method = "Hello"; var soapVersion = 0; var params = [ new SOAPParameter( "myname", "input" ) ]; var ws ...

WebServices
When I make a WebService on my localhost (IIS 5.1) it works OK. But when I try moving it to other directory or put it on web I get this errors like : "Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not create type 'MyWebService.MyASMX'." and also messages about web.config file something like: Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='Machine...

php soap webservice
Hi All I am new to web services. Can D2010 talk to a php soap web service? Thanks Godfrey Hello, > I am new to web services. Can D2010 talk to a php soap web service? > Unfortunately, it's difficult to answer this question without knowing a little more about the WebService. There are so many WebService standards and Delphi does not support all of them. So, while it's easy to write a php soap webservice that Delphi can interop with, I can imagine that Delphi cannot talk to all php soap webservices. For example, does the service require authentication...

WebService
In the web application, how many webService can it support? six...

Webservice?
I created a webservice with the .cs in the app_code and the asmx in a folder dir. I want to compile the .cs into a .dll  How do I do that and then use it in the asmx. I can't figure it out. I'm using asp.net 3.5 and vs 2008  Here we go.1. Create a class library2. Drop the .cs file in the class library, Compile the class library and you will have a DLL.3. Then in the webserive project, click add Referece,  - > Projects -> Class library you just creaed.Now you can use methods and classses from the dll inside the webservice. Bye Don't forget to click &qu...

About Webservices?
Hi All,          Can any one help  me Functionality of webservice.How it will respond to client.         If you have any doc related to give me link.RegardsVAsu look at thishttp://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/articles/100803-1.aspxHTHASP.NET Hosting (HostingFest)...

webservice
I have read that it is possible to build a webservice with ASA 9. Reading the documentation it looks as if it is very easy. But what is actually needed if you want to build a professional webservice from which clients can retrieve data. So, is a apache server needed or should you just put it on a server and connect it to the internet. Any basic information is welcome since I am completely new to this. Thanks Eric Tontsnapt wrote: > I have read that it is possible to build a webservice with ASA 9. > Reading the documentation it looks as if it is very easy. > >...

Why webservices?
I don't know if I haven't understood the right way to use Atlas, but as far as I know all the calls are done to a webservice? How is this helpful? Why does it have to be this way? Why not call methods defined in the asp page?Thanks for the help Atlas lets you call both methods on Web Services and methods defined on the page.  Using a Web Service is cleaner if you want to make some general functionality available to multiple pages, but there are also scenarios where calling methods on the page is convenient. David Well, I guess whatever you need to do the job is what you'd choose.&n...

Soap webservice requirements
I have PB10 Enterprise installed and am interested in creating an application that would interact with a webservice API that utilize Soap. Do I require the installation of anything else other than the pbsoapclient100.pbx and pbsoapclient100.pbd files? Thanks, Steve The pbsoapclient100.pbx has some dependacies. They're listed in the online docs. On 8 Jun 2005 20:15:22 -0700, "Steve" <steve@rogers.com> wrote: >I have PB10 Enterprise installed and am interested in creating an >application that would interact with a webservice API that utilize ...

Web resources about - Soap WebService with FastCGI - embarcadero.delphi.webservices

webservices Articles, Posts, Blogs, Videos - Technorati
— Authority: The job consist in a PHP program that read a file, compose a message (email or sms) and call an API of email provider (Amazon SES) ...

Section: software:webservices
Wired.com © 2012 Condé Nast. All rights reserved. Use of this Site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (effective 3/21/12) and Privacy ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

App Search on Flickr - Application Sharing!

Wikipedia:Press coverage 2005 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you add an article, please cite both the title and the source. Note that if you're listing an article from a traditional press wire service ...

Entity–relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

Entity-relationship model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In software engineering , an entity-relationship model ( ER model for short) is an abstract and conceptual representation of data . Entity-relationship ...

IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro - MyCareer
Find IT and Telecommunications Jobs in Melbourne Metro on MyCareer. Fresh IT and Telecommunications Jobs posted daily. Free email alerts and ...

AWS Elastic Beanstalk: A Quick and Simple Way into the Cloud
Flexibility is one of the key principles of Amazon WebServices - developers can select any programming language and software package,any operating ...

How To Use the Amazon SDK for Android to Upload Photos to Amazon S3
This article demonstrates how to use the AWS SDK for Android to upload an image to Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) from your mobile device ...