SMART Clients using delphi 2006

"SMART Clients" is the future of enterprise software...

It is based on Three tier architecture using Web Services...
With codegear is so easy develop this kind of software using TSOAPDataModule, TSoapConnection, etc...

How much developers are building "SMART Clients" with Delphi 2006 or 2007?
0
Juan

Hi!

> {quote:title=Juan Carlos Porras Boada wrote:}{quote}
> "SMART Clients" is the future of enterprise software...

For most of my clients this future is past...

> It is based on Three tier architecture using Web Services...
> With codegear is so easy develop this kind of software using TSOAPDataModule, TSoapConnection, etc...

Web Services are not bound to SOAP. In fact most of the web services I get
in touch these times are based on REST.

You can read about the benfits of using REST (even in Delphi) in this
article from the year 2005: http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/soaprest.html

> How much developers are building "SMART Clients" with Delphi 2006 or 2007?

The time of smart clients built with Delphi is past for me. I'm mainly into
web clients and smart clients for PocketPC. Since there is no IDE support
for Compact Framework in Delphi I switched to Visual Studio a few years ago
(don't get me wrong: I'm still using Delphi as my beloved IDE but not for
that kind of purposes).

Robert

--
http://blog.robertsoft.de/
0
Juan Carlos Porras Boada schrieb:
> "SMART Clients" is the future of enterprise software...
>
> It is based on Three tier architecture using Web Services...
> With codegear is so easy develop this kind of software using TSOAPDataModule, TSoapConnection, etc...
>
> How much developers are building "SMART Clients" with Delphi 2006 or 2007?

Hi Juan,

I use Delphi for the Server side to present a SOAP Interface of my own
Delphi DCOM Application Servers to the Mobile Devices. I´m happy with
Delphi´s SOAP support. For the Windows-CE Client Application on the
Smart Devices (Symbol MC9000 Series via WLAN and UMTS) I use Visual
Studio 2005.

It would be great if Delphi supports Compact Framework, but I think this
is far away. (This would be espacially great for me, because I had to
rewrite so much "library" code in C# which allready existed in
Pascal...). Have a look at

http://dn.codegear.com/article/36620

There CF Development is mentioned as "Beyon Commodore", which means 2010...?

Best Regards
Henrik Kehm

P.S. Please go ahead Codegear... See the Business with CF Devices and
Delphi Language...
0
Henrik
8/20/2008 12:41:16 AM
There are a few developpers like me who are using Delphi 2006 to create applications for PDAs under Windows Ce.
It's Codegear who decided to stop Winforms under D2007, therefore it is not possible to use the Ide anymore for PDA's projects !!!.
My hope is to have Winforms back again as soon as possible.

Eric
0
eric