SMART Clients using delphi 2006

"SMART Clients" is the future of enterprise software...

It is based on Three tier architecture using Web Services...
With codegear is so easy develop this kind of software using TSOAPDataModule, TSoapConnection, etc...

How much developers are building "SMART Clients" with Delphi 2006 or 2007?
0
Juan

Hi!

> {quote:title=Juan Carlos Porras Boada wrote:}{quote}
> "SMART Clients" is the future of enterprise software...

For most of my clients this future is past...

> It is based on Three tier architecture using Web Services...
> With codegear is so easy develop this kind of software using TSOAPDataModule, TSoapConnection, etc...

Web Services are not bound to SOAP. In fact most of the web services I get
in touch these times are based on REST.

You can read about the benfits of using REST (even in Delphi) in this
article from the year 2005: http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/soaprest.html

> How much developers are building "SMART Clients" with Delphi 2006 or 2007?

The time of smart clients built with Delphi is past for me. I'm mainly into
web clients and smart clients for PocketPC. Since there is no IDE support
for Compact Framework in Delphi I switched to Visual Studio a few years ago
(don't get me wrong: I'm still using Delphi as my beloved IDE but not for
that kind of purposes).

Robert

--
http://blog.robertsoft.de/
0
Juan Carlos Porras Boada schrieb:
> "SMART Clients" is the future of enterprise software...
>
> It is based on Three tier architecture using Web Services...
> With codegear is so easy develop this kind of software using TSOAPDataModule, TSoapConnection, etc...
>
> How much developers are building "SMART Clients" with Delphi 2006 or 2007?

Hi Juan,

I use Delphi for the Server side to present a SOAP Interface of my own
Delphi DCOM Application Servers to the Mobile Devices. I´m happy with
Delphi´s SOAP support. For the Windows-CE Client Application on the
Smart Devices (Symbol MC9000 Series via WLAN and UMTS) I use Visual
Studio 2005.

It would be great if Delphi supports Compact Framework, but I think this
is far away. (This would be espacially great for me, because I had to
rewrite so much "library" code in C# which allready existed in
Pascal...). Have a look at

http://dn.codegear.com/article/36620

There CF Development is mentioned as "Beyon Commodore", which means 2010...?

Best Regards
Henrik Kehm

P.S. Please go ahead Codegear... See the Business with CF Devices and
Delphi Language...
0
Henrik
8/20/2008 12:41:16 AM
There are a few developpers like me who are using Delphi 2006 to create applications for PDAs under Windows Ce.
It's Codegear who decided to stop Winforms under D2007, therefore it is not possible to use the Ide anymore for PDA's projects !!!.
My hope is to have Winforms back again as soon as possible.

Eric
0
eric

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Delphi 2006 product activation (re end of support for Delphi 2006) [Edit]
Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to activate my copy of 2006 on any future installation right? Edited by: David Howes on Jul 18, 2009 9:53 AM David Howes wrote: > Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to acti...

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

To use or not to use Delphi

can i use delphi 2007 bpls in delphi 2009

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

Convert a Delphi 2006 WinForms project to Delphi Prism
How can I go about doing this short of recreating the project and transfering code? Just wondering what to expect if we go to Prism. Thanks. -- Don Gollahon Don Gollahon wrote: > How can I go about doing this short of recreating the project and > transfering code? > > Just wondering what to expect if we go to Prism. > > Thanks. Hi Don, Have you checked out the migration tool Oxidizer ? http://prismwiki.codegear.com/en/Oxidizer Cheers, John -- John Moshakis wrote: >Don Gollahon wrote: > >> How can I go about doing th...

ShowMessage/MessagDlg wordwrap Delphi 2006
Hi, I have used Delphi 2006 up to now. ShowMessage allowed a long text without a word wrapping. Now with Delphi XE I notice that a migrated program shows smaller message window sizes and a previously carefully aligned message now appears wrapped and misaligned. How to get back to the previous behaviour? I'm not experienced to create my custom form, so a code snippet may help. Thanks, Uli Edited by: Ulrich Brueggemann on Sep 18, 2010 8:46 AM > I have used Delphi 2006 up to now. > ShowMessage allowed a long text without a word wrapping. > > Now with Delphi ...

Importing Delphi 2009 project in Delphi 2006
I've been using Delphi 2006 for a while and have never really felt the need to upgrade to a newer release given the expense. I'm looking at taking over on a project from someone else who developed it in Delphi 2009. The only code incompatibilities he can think of is some of the Unicode changes that were introduced after D2006 but that should be fairly easy to fix. My main concern is whether or not a project that was created in Delphi 2009 can even be *opened* in Delphi 2006. I don't know how file exte nsions or formats have changed between the two versions. Can anyone give me...

MOVED: Use Delphi XE TLB importer in Delphi 2007?
....to the ActiveX group: https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=47170 -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

Text.Write speed
Hi ! I have speed troubles for using Text.Write method in Delphi 2006, particularly with distant files (local network). For example, with the following code ("F" is a text file ; "Line" is an about 200-character string): ----- AssignFile(F, FileName); try Rewrite(F); for l := 1 to 100 do begin for c := 1 to Length(Line) do Write(F, Line[c]); Writeln(F); end; finally CloseFile(F); end; ----- On a distant file: Delphi 5 -> 0.08 seconds Delphi 2006 -> close to 8 seconds Is there a speci...

Web resources about - SMART Clients using delphi 2006 - embarcadero.delphi.webservices

MUD client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A MUD client is a computer application used to connect to a MUD , a type of multiplayer online game . Generally, a MUD client is a very basic ...

3Q Digital Offers Peek At 3Q Facebook Ad Performance By Its Largest Clients
With Facebook set to report its third-quarter earnings Wednesday , digital marketing agency 3Q Digital offered some insight on how the social ...

Gallop Labs hires former Facebook Client Partner as Director of Sales
Gallop Labs , a social marketing and analytics firm, announced that it has hired former Facebook Client Partner Andrew Peebles as the company’s ...

Sydney builder Bill Issa convicted of attacking clients who complained about his work
Bill Issa promised to fix up rundown homes and transform them into something flashy and new.

Client’s “Great Thanksgiving Listen” Campaign Featured on Google Homepage
We love when our clients are successful, and StoryCorps and their amazing Thanksgiving Listen campaign being featured on Google’s homepage certainly ...

Client Portals In Clio
Technology columnist Sean Doherty continues his quest to review client portals in practice management software as a service.

Agencies Should Follow Clients' Lead on Diversity
A few weeks ago, PepsiCo's Brad Jakeman called out advertising agencies for not evolving with the times. Most important, he criticized them for ...

When Clients Don’t Pay: Legal Options for Freelancers
It’s a worst case scenario for a freelancer. After spending valuable time and energy completing a project to your client’s exact specifications, ...

Guggenheim Securities' clients - Business Insider Deutschland
The 16-year-old firm has been an adviser on 5 massive transactions in what has been one of the busiest years for mergers and acquisitions on ...

Lawyer defends cop who shot teen 16 times, says client feared for life
The lawyer for the Chicago police officer who fatally shot 17-year-old Laquan McDonald defended his client Friday, saying the officer feared ...