secure web service via https

Hi,

I am able to consume a web service using THTTPReqResp and creating the xml manually. Now the web service has been to changed to ssl and its adress changed to http://whatever.etc.bla to https://whatever.etc.bla.

And a certificate was made public. I changed the ip adress of the my client to https://... And now I can consume the ssl web service as well.

The problem is there is no problem :) I mean is it enough to change the adress from hhtp to https? What about ssl and certificate?

I'm confused??????

Bora Aydemir
0
Bora

> {quote:title=Bora Aydemir wrote:}{quote}
> The problem is there is no problem :) I mean is it enough to change the adress from hhtp to https? What about ssl and certificate?

I would say that this is enough for encrypting traffic.

The url is parsed and INTERNET_FLAG_SECURE is added to HttpOpenRequest for you in by the VCL.

If the server wants to authenticate the client that connect then the client would need a client certificate but that is not needed if you only want the traffic to use SSL.

regards

/Micke
0
Mikael

A question about Web Service security / secured web service Testing
Hi, I created a web service and secure it using SoapExtention. I implemented code from this link. http://www.developer.com/net/net/article.php/11087_2192901_2 Now if I create proxy class from my other webapplication and call any webmethod of my webservice, I must provide username password to access any of its webmethod, otherwise it is throwing SOAP Exception which works fine. But now when I open this webservice locally using its URL, in Internet Explorer, like http://localhost/MyWebService/poservice.asmx, it shows me all webmethods and I can invoke any webmethod from here without using ...

Forms security via web services?
My site is currently secured via forms authentication and it works just fine. I've been using a lot of asp.net ajax Page Methods but I want to centralize the services available for ajax and so I'm moving the methods into asmx files however, when I was using page methods the actual page was secured via forms authentication still. Is this a valid approach for asmx files? i.e. place a web.config in the same folder to control access?thanks  You could certinaly get Forms auth to "work" for a WebService, but that's a really non-standards approach. The best approach to ...

Creating a secure https web service
Hi - a client has asked me to produce a web service, to allow their web programmer to pull the data I hold for their clients - so they can process in a different way at their end. Is there anything special, or anything I need to be wary of, to ensure the webservice is only available over https (as it holds personal data for their customers)? Also, the information is normally only available after a client has logged into the web app, through the login control.  Is there a way of the securing the webservice to ensure that certain credentials are passed to it before allowing the data to ...

Delphi Web Service with WS-Security XE3
Hi, I am using Delphi XE3. I would like to create a soap service using WS-Security. Most of the forum posts I have read thus far talk about creating a web client that can consume a soap service (say written in .Net or Java) with WS-Security enabled. But I would like to go the other way, that is, create a soap service with WS-Security and then have a .Net or Java client be able to consume the service. Any ideas if this is possible? Thanks for your help. Cheers, Kaye. ...

Developing Web Services with via Delphi 2006
Hi All, I have an existing codebase, it is very huge. My business application works on top of thiscodebase. Now I have to give web services to my customers. This web services will expose most of the functionality of the business application. What is the easiest way to develop web services on top of existing codebase? Regards. Hi Gurcan, > What is the easiest way to develop web services on top of existing codebase? Take a step back, and look at the functionality of your application. Try to define methods that perform actions that your application supports, and group ...

Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server?
Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server? Which is to say, of course, that the URL would be starting with https. Anyone? ...

consuming a secure web service (https://......./abc.asmx)
how to consume a web service having https protocol in a windows forms? the soap header of the soap message that is being sent from the client (windows form) shud accomodate credential information and other custom tags. Any resources on this is also highly appreciated. thanks Perhaps you find some usefull informations in this blog: http://weblogs.asp.net/jan/archive/2003/12/04/41154.aspx Thomas when iam trying to call the web service method(HTTPS web service) iam getting this exception in System.Web.Services.dll An unhandled exception of type 'System.Web.Services.Protocols.S...

Profile Service and Secure Web Services
currently i'm using Forms authentication for my web application.  my application has several pages and many users.  in an effort to Ajaxify my application i need secure web services preventing hackers from modifying user data.  how do i do this?  can i do this with the Profile Service and SSL?thanks.-ty ASP.NET AJAX has a built-in profile service that you can invoke from JavaScript, it will work seamlessly with your SSL pages. As far as secure web services, that isn't really an ajax question - you should take the necessary steps to secure your application just l...

Web Application and Web Service security
I have a web application that is implementing forms authetication and a web service using WSE 3.0 Direct Authentication with UsernameToken. I have tested each one independently and everything works as advertised. Great!  Now, the piece that I don't understand is how to get the password to setup the token. I can get the username.  For example: 1. The web.config file is setup to deny anonymous users.  2. When the default page is hit the user is directed to the login page. The login in page iplements ASP.net's Login Control and is accessing the memb...

What is the purpose of a web service application (also, calling remote webservices via javascript)
I am trying to figure out what the purpose of creating a web service application with visual studio 2005 is. I did it and now I am having a world of grief. I am calling a webservice from multiple applications in a solution, and hope to call it from outside aswell. I figured I would separate it all out as much as I can so I moved all my webserivces to a webservice application.  I am now having problems calling the webservices from clientside javascript in my main application. I tried changing the scriptreference to <asp:ServiceReference Path="http://localhost:1154/theChat.as...

Web Forms Security via web.config?
In classic ASP, if you wanted to restrict someone from a certain area on the website (say, a "client area"), you would activate a session flag once their login creditials had been verified, and challenge each visiter at each protected page for that session flag. I had heard that with ASP.NET, this has been greatly simplified through the web.config file, but wasn't offered too much support on the issue.  Does anyone know how it can be implemented simply and quickly via the web.config file?  Are there any simple descriptions online somewhere?  Ideally, I'd like to authorize the...

Accessing web service over https or https: problem
 Hello,i have a strange scenario here, we have a web site depolyed on a server accessed via http and https, we have on a subdomain something like thishttp:\\subdomain.domain_name.com/folder/login.aspxok, this works fine, its a accessiblei have created a web service and pasted in the same the application folder in the same folder where is login.aspx that is herehttp:\\subdomain.domain_name.com/folder/Webservicebut when try to access the .asmx in the browser im getting the following error The page cannot be displayed Technical Information (for support personnel) Error Code: 403 Forb...

Acess a web service via Web Matrix
Hello, can somebody give me an example how I can access a web service which is hosted from an another site via Web Matrix? Thanks Select Tools, Webservice Proxy Generator in the menu. Use the following settings: WSDL URL: set the url of the webservice that you want to consume. Try http://live.capescience.com/wsdl/AirportWeather.wsdl for a sample. Namespace: up to you, e.g. AirportNS Language: up to you. Output directory: choose the directory of your local development site Source: up to you, e.g. Airport.vb Generate Assembly: check the box, and choose a na...

Does EAServer support Web service Security (ws-security)?
I have been searching through documentation and newsgroups and the entire web with no luck finding the answer to this question. I know that EAServer uses Apache AXIS to implement webservices. I was wondering if it also included WSS4J to implment ws-security or not? thx Casey Loveland Comsys IT Partners casey.loveland@earthlink.net wrote... > I have been searching through documentation and newsgroups and the entire > web with no luck finding the answer to this question. > I know that EAServer uses Apache AXIS to implement webservices. I was > wondering if it...

Web resources about - secure web service via https - embarcadero.delphi.webservices

Public Broadcasting Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... such as PBS NewsHour , Masterpiece , and Frontline . Since the mid-2000s, Roper polls commissioned by PBS have consistently placed the service ...

Australia's public service capital Canberra wins when it comes to work-life balance, says SEEK study
More than two-thirds of workers in the ACT have something those in other cities do not. The Australian Public Service Commission's 2014-15 State ...

Paramedic urges emergency services workers to speak up about mental illness
... knows her job comes at a cost. Jennifer Pedvin​ had been a paramedic for more than a decade when she picked up the phone to a support service ...

AT&T Launches Data Service for Outdoor Advertisers
AT&T is launching a new service called AT&T Data Patterns, a move that the company said will provide more enhanced audience data for out-of-home ...

6 new EU countries can use Apple’s Personal Pickup service
Today, Dec. 1, marks the largest expansion to date of Apples Personal Pickup service. This service allows customers to place an order using the ...

Some VPN services might expose your IP address
Just because you’re hiding behind a VPN (virtual private network), it doesn’t mean your real IP address cannot be traced. Those are the results ...

Christmas might be ruining your home Internet service
There are many possible explanations of why you’re currently having problems with your home Wi-Fi connection, including a rather unexpected one: ...

Chicago PMI Contracts Again, 6th Time in 10 Months; Service Economy Poised for a Big Slowdown?
... its impact on the month's outlook . ISM Chicago vs. Manufacturing ISM Something clearly changed in February, and it wasn't the weather. Service ...

Cisco Selects Netformx Discovery to Power New Net Authenticate Assessment Service
Cisco Selects Netformx Discovery to Power New Net Authenticate Assessment Service Business Wire (press release) SAN JOSE, Calif.(BUSINESS WIRE)Netformx®, ...

Tencent Holdings ADR Launches Mobile Wallet Service in South Africa
China Business News Tencent Holdings ADR Launches Mobile Wallet Service in South Africa China Business News Tencent Holdings ADR (OTCMKTS:TCEHY), ...