RPC Encoded and RPC Literal Delphi SOAP Server?

I have developed a SOAP Server using Delphi 6 which is RPC/Encoded and now have to make RPC/Literal or Document/Literal for a customer.

In my work I also use Delphi 2006.

Using either version of Delphi (6 or 2006) is it possible for the SOAP Server to be either RPC/Literal or Document/Literal compliant. I added the line

  InvRegistry.RegisterInvokeOptions(TypeInfo(IVRSoapServer), [ioDocument, ioLiteral]);

to the interface based on what I have read but from reading different posts on the Internet it seems that Delphi does/does not support what I need? (And on Dr Bob web site it suggests having to use Delphi Prism?) Basically I am getting conflicting answers. The request from the customer is:

+The WSDL is in RPC/encoded format which is not WS-I compliant.  SAP does not support the RPC/encoded format.  Can you provide the WSDL in another format?  Preferably RPC/literal or Document/literal+

Thanks in advance
Tim
0
Tim

From what I have been able to find out so far, they only offer Document/Literal format SOAP in Delphi/Prism.

So those of us using Delphi 2010, Delphi XE or anything older are all stuck with SOAP servers that produce RPC/Encoding format.  .NET clients (C#) do not like that format. They can import the WSDL, but cannot easily consume it.

We are using Delphi 2010 and looking at possible third party solutions.  Look at http://www.remobjectssdk.com/ .  They claim to offer support for Document/Literal format.  I am a little disappointed that my Enterprise Edition of Delphi 2010 cannot out of the box produce a WS-1 standard SOAP Server with Document/Literal format.

I have a coworker pursing another angle of creating a .NET library to help our clients consume our RPC based SOAP server.
0
Guy

Web Services / SOAP Toolkit / RPC vs literal encoding
I really need some help and know there are a lot of .Net Guru's taht read these post and I need help.Below is what I am trying to do: I have a web service that returns a class object that represents data being returned.  For example: public Class Customers     public Name as String     Public Billing Address as Address     Public Shipping Address as Address End Class public Class Address     Public Street AS String     Public State AS String     Public Cit...

How to do server-to-server RPC
Can anybody tell me a way from server-to-server RPC ( Remote Procedure Call). Please reply to: mozkan@demirbank.com.tr Best Regards, Tolkun Bekt�re. ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Access to legacy (Delphi 4) Midas server from Delphi XE2
Hello, My company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and uses several Midas servers. It's a really big application (still in evolution, since 1997) , that has been started with Delphi 3. A partial or complete rewrite of this application is planned in a mid term future, and I must study if we can envisage a soft migration of some parts of the software on Delphi XE2 (or XE4), or if a complete rewrite even of the servers parts is required. If a complete rewrite must be done, my boss doesn't exclude to study the possibility of using another development environment to rewri...

SOAP webservice in Delphi. Best option?
Hello all, I need to implement a SOAP web service in Delphi (it will be an ISAPI) that will be under heavy load (=many concurrent calls). I'd like to know which would be the best ISAPI/SOAP framework available. My web service must do some very "expensive" initialization (load some huge XML files that cannot be shared between threads) and it would be nice if I could re-use those resources again in the next call, so it would be very nice if the framework could do thread pooling. Also, is the Delphi soap server wizard still "current", or is it deprecated? Kin...

JAX RPC/WS and Delphi XE
Hi When importing a WSDL from RPC we get, for example: ArrayOfXX_Classname_literal When importing the same WSDL from WS, we get: Array_Of_XX_Classname This means that we can't use the same code in our project for both WS and RPC, why is there a difference between the 2 methods when Delphi imports the WSDL? Thanks Hello, > > When importing a WSDL from RPC we get, for example: > ArrayOfXX_Classname_literal > When importing the same WSDL from WS, we get: Array_Of_XX_Classname > > This means that we can't use the same code in our project for both WS...

Writing a Delphi XML-RPC client.
Using: D2007E I need to implement an XMLRPC client in Delphi. The server is implemented in PHP. What components or libraries do you recommend? The Delphi implementation available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/delphixml-rpc/ is out of date and does not compile in D2007. Here are more details: - Running Apache/PHP with PHP_XMLRPC extension enabled. - I implemented the server exactly as per the example in the book: -- OReilly Programming PHP, 2nd Edition - Chapter 11 XML - 11.7 Web Services -- (I implemented the PHP client example as well, to verify that it works). Thanks...

Access to legacy (Delphi 4) Midas server from Delphi XE2 [Edit]
Hello, My company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and uses several Midas servers. It's a really big application (still in evolution, since 1997) , that has been started with Delphi 3. A partial or complete rewrite of this application is planned in a mid term future, and I must study if we can envisage a soft migration of some parts of the software on Delphi XE2 (or XE4), or if a complete rewrite even of the servers parts is required. If a complete rewrite must be done, my boss doesn't exclude to study the possibility of using another development environment to rewri...

"Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE"
Today, Delphi's Welcome page showed this: Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-xe-preview When trying to watch the video, it gives an error message: Server not found: rtmp://etnastream01.embarcadero.com/vod/ How nice :-( Achim Achim Kalwa wrote: > Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE > http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-xe-preview > > When trying to watch the video, it gives an error message: > > Server not found: > rtmp://etnastream01.embarcadero.com/vod/ Works for me on second try (first ...

Delphi
Hi, I have a webservice from SAP, it has one operation "ZMymcsCustomersMulti" <wsdl:operation name="ZMymcsCustomersMulti"> <wsp:Policy> <wsp:PolicyReference URI="#OP_ZMymcsCustomersMulti"/> </wsp:Policy> <wsdl:input message="tns:ZMymcsCustomersMulti"/> <wsdl:output message="tns:ZMymcsCustomersMultiResponse"/> </wsdl:operation> As you can see the return value should be of the type "ZMymcsCustomersMultiResponse". After I imported this service into my delphi p...

Delphi SOAP (WebServices) demos are back on CodeCentral!
Anybody doing WebServices/SOAP programming on delphi who remembers the Delphi 2007 era demos, might be happy to know that I've fixed them up and posted them on CodeCentral. Since that code belongs to Embarcadero, I'd like to thank Embarcadero for giving permission to me to post this code on CodeCentral: http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/28789 Anybody who has bug reports for this code can email me at warren dot postma at gmail dot com. It is possible that I might set up a version control system (bitbucket) if that's needed, and if Embarcadero has no problem with that. I w...

Soap call from java to web server in delphi
Hi I've a web service write in delphi 2007 with THTTPSoapDispatcher and THTTPSoapPascalInvoker component and a java client who call my web server, but it doesn't responde in any way. I write in all responde event to see a response but it doesn't work. the source java (get from my customer) is SOAPConnection conn = SOAPConnectionFactory.newInstance().createConnection(); SOAPMessage soapRes = conn.call(smsg, url); smsg is a xml-soap message and url is my websservice url while other java client work fine, the source is URL u = new URL(url); URLConnection conn = u...

How to recover a SOAP Header in a Delphi Win32 WebService?
I'm trying to implement authentication across of SOAP header in my webservice. The WebService is developed in Delphi XE (Win32) and is accessed by application an .NET (C #). I could not find documentation and working examples of a webservice with this type of authentication.The other option would be to create parameters in all functions of the webservice passing the username and password, but would not want to do this. Declared in the interface (INTF) a class of type "TSoapHeader" with the properties you need in this case, username and password! {code} THeader = class(...

Microsoft HTTP Server API with Delphi SOAP
I have looked all over the Internet and cannot find a single Delphi conversion of the Microsoft HTTP Server API. This API allows high performance HTTP server applicaitons to be built that can handle much larger amounts of HTTP transactions per second than you can with Winsock 2. This API is implemented in the kernel of all the new Windows operating systems, and blows Winsock out of the water for transaction volume per second. It is particularly well suited for XML/SOAP services. It also doesn't take over exclusive use of port 80/443 over and coexists with IIS, so you can create mult...

Web resources about - RPC Encoded and RPC Literal Delphi SOAP Server? - embarcadero.delphi.webservices

Encoded Archival Description - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
EAD originated in 1993, at the University of California, Berkeley . The project's goal was to create a data standard for describing archives, ...

All sizes - Life, encoded - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Are Shakespeare's Plays Encoded within Pi? - YouTube
A follow-up, with examples of numbers that are infinite and non-repeating but don't contain all combinations of digits: http://youtu.be/8PUJvAlD64k ...

'Encoded Intonation': Turning Dinnertime Conversation into Bespoke Tableware
... designer Sophia Thomas has created a subtle way to embody those dear moments with friends over a meal with her ongoing series, " Encoded Intonation ...

Cosmic Rebirth Encoded in Background Radiation?
A pattern discovered in the cosmic microwave background radiation may chronicle what happened before the Big Bang.

​Researchers deliver encoded messages and data through your smartphone compass
NFC, Bluetooth, WiFi, mobile data, plain 'ole voice calls. Your phone has no shortage of ways to connect with things, but that hasn't stopped ...

JavaScript: Retrieve and paginate JSON-encoded data
I’ve created a jQuery plugin that allows you to retrieve a large data set in JSON format from a server script and load the data into a list or ...

Snowden Has Shared Encoded Copies of NSA Files in Case Anything Happens to Him
... should happen to Edward Snowden the files he acquired from the NSA will live on. According to Glenn Greenwald , Snowden has given encoded copies ...

4 out of 5 videos are encoded in H.264
A full 80 percent of videos are encoded in H.264, according to new data from MeFeedia. The latest figures show just how far the industry has ...

Seized Memory Card Contained al Qaeda Documents Encoded in Porn
... his underwear, they were suspicious—but it seemed only to contain porn. Later investigation, however, reveals that one film was actually encoded ...