Move from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 and now failing

I recently moved from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 (combined with a new computer).

The XML that is now created no longer accepted by the webservice.

The specific steps I went through were.
1) Delphi 2009 with old pas file. Worked.
2) Delphi XE2 with old pas file.  Didn't work.
3) Delphi XE2 with new pas file imported by Delphi XE2.  Didn't work.

The new pas file has the following lines, but commenting them out doesn't change the XML.
                        {
  InvRegistry.RegisterParamInfo(TypeInfo(FaCSIADiagnosticInterface), 'Ping', 'Ping_Input', '',
                                '[Namespace="http://facsia.gov.au/interfaces"]');
  InvRegistry.RegisterParamInfo(TypeInfo(FaCSIADiagnosticInterface), 'Ping', 'Ping_Output', '',
                                '[Namespace="http://facsia.gov.au/interfaces"]');    }

Here is a copy of an old XML from step 1.  It worked.
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
	<SOAP-ENV:Header>
		<Security xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2002/07/secext">
			<UsernameToken><Username>Username</Username>
			<Password>Password</Password></UsernameToken>
		</Security>
	</SOAP-ENV:Header>
	<SOAP-ENV:Body>
		<Ping_Input xmlns="http://facsia.gov.au/interfaces">
			<PingRequest></PingRequest>
			<SourceSystemCode>aCode</SourceSystemCode>
			<AgreementScheduleId>aSchedule</AgreementScheduleId>
		</Ping_Input>
	</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Here is a copy of the latest XML from step 3.  It doesn't work.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
	xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
	<SOAP-ENV:Header>
		<NS1:Security xmlns:NS1="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2002/07/secext">
			<NS1:UsernameToken>
				<Username xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2002/07/secext">username</Username>
				<Password xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2002/07/secext">password</Password>
			</NS1:UsernameToken>
		</NS1:Security>
	</SOAP-ENV:Header>
	<SOAP-ENV:Body>
		<Ping xmlns="http://facsia.gov.au/interfaces">
			<Ping_Input xmlns="">
				<SourceSystemCode xmlns="http://facsia.gov.au/interfaces">aCode</SourceSystemCode>
				<AgreementScheduleId xmlns="http://facsia.gov.au/interfaces">aSchedule/AgreementScheduleId>
			</Ping_Input>
		</Ping>
	</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

I suspect the problem is with the namespaces (NS1).  However I can't find how to remove it from my XML and I don't know much about webservices.
0
Derek

The XML of the error I am getting back is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">-<SOAP-ENV:Body>-<SOAP-ENV:Fault><faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Client</faultcode><faultstring>Unknown Part 'http://facsia.gov.au/interfaces:Ping' for operation 'Ping' exists in SOAP message.(SBL-EAI-04304)</faultstring>-<detail>-<siebelf:siebdetail xmlns:siebelf="http://www.siebel.com/ws/fault"><siebelf:logfilename>EAIObjMgr_SPLocalInterface_0043_45090909.log</siebelf:logfilename>-<siebelf:errorstack>-<siebelf:error><siebelf:errorcode>SB
L-EAI-04304</siebelf:errorcode><siebelf:errorsymbol>IDS_EAI_WS_MISSING_ARG</siebelf:errorsymbol><siebelf:errormsg>Unknown Part 'http://facsia.gov.au/interfaces:Ping' for operation 'Ping' exists in SOAP message.(SBL-EAI-04304)</siebelf:errormsg></siebelf:error></siebelf:errorstack></siebelf:siebdetail><Ref>Ref: SPInt-SOAPFault_20121004_1455115431_537</Ref></detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Again this makes me think it is a problem with the namespace.
0
Derek
10/4/2012 5:02:06 AM
I have used a tool to submit the XML directly and have found out the source of the error.

The Body of the XML is now
<PingRequest xmlns="http://facsia.gov.au/interfaces">aTest</PingRequest>
<SourceSystemCode xmlns="http://facsia.gov.au/interfaces">aCode.5</SourceSystemCode>
<AgreementScheduleId xmlns="http://facsia.gov.au/interfaces">aSchedule</AgreementScheduleId>
</Ping_Input>
</Ping>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>

To get it to work I need to change it to:
-<SOAP-ENV:Body>-
-<Ping_Input xmlns="http://facsia.gov.au/interfaces">
<PingRequest xmlns="http://facsia.gov.au/interfaces">aTest</PingRequest>
<SourceSystemCode xmlns="http://facsia.gov.au/interfaces">aCode.5</SourceSystemCode>
<AgreementScheduleId xmlns="http://facsia.gov.au/interfaces">aSchedule</AgreementScheduleId>
</Ping_Input>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>

This second lot of XML (that works) is the same as the XML that Delphi 2009 used to produce.

Is there a setting that changes this?  The WSDL is:
{code}
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<definitions xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:tns="http://facsia.gov.au/interfaces" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/" xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" targetNamespace="http://facsia.gov.au/interfaces" xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">
  <types>
    <xsd:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="http://facsia.gov.au/interfaces">
      <xsd:element name="Ping_Input">
        <xsd:complexType>
          <xsd:sequence>
            <xsd:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="PingRequest" type="xsd:string" />
            <xsd:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" name="SourceSystemCode" type="xsd:string" />
            <xsd:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="AgreementScheduleId" type="xsd:string" />
          </xsd:sequence>
        </xsd:complexType>
      </xsd:element>
      <xsd:element name="Ping_Output">
        <xsd:complexType>
          <xsd:sequence>
            <xsd:element name="ReturnCode" type="xsd:integer" />
            <xsd:element name="ReturnError" type="xsd:string" />
            <xsd:element name="ReturnMessage" type="xsd:string" />
            <xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="PingRequest" type="xsd:string" />
            <xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="SourceSystemCode" type="xsd:string" />
            <xsd:element minOccurs="0" name="AgreementScheduleId" type="xsd:string" />
          </xsd:sequence>
        </xsd:complexType>
      </xsd:element>
    </xsd:schema>
  </types>
  <message name="Ping_Input">
    <part name="Ping_Input" element="tns:Ping_Input" />
  </message>
  <message name="Ping_Output">
    <part name="Ping_Output" element="tns:Ping_Output" />
  </message>
  <portType name="FaCSIADiagnosticInterface">
    <operation name="Ping">
      <input message="tns:Ping_Input" />
      <output message="tns:Ping_Output" />
    </operation>
  </portType>
  <binding name="FaCSIADiagnosticInterface" type="tns:FaCSIADiagnosticInterface">
    <soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" />
    <operation name="Ping">
      <soap:operation soapAction="document/http://facsia.gov.au/interfaces:Ping" />
      <input>
        <soap:body use="literal" />
      </input>
      <output>
        <soap:body use="literal" />
      </output>
    </operation>
  </binding>
  <service name="FaCSIADiagnosticInterface">
    <port name="FaCSIADiagnosticInterface" binding="tns:FaCSIADiagnosticInterface">
      <soap:address location="http://ToBeDetermined" />
    </port>
  </service>
</definitions>
{code}
0
Derek
10/5/2012 1:25:40 AM
Anyone?  Anyone at all?

Help!
0
Derek
10/10/2012 1:31:18 AM
The following line was required in the bottom section of the pas file.  Note that this was not new to XE, I have had this problem in the past.

InvRegistry.RegisterInvokeOptions(TypeInfo(FaCSIADiagnosticInterface), ioDocument);

I have no idea how to make the WSDL builder software put this in of it's own.
0
Derek

Is it worth to move my code from Delphi 2009 to Delphi 2010?
Hi guys, we are working on Delphi 2009 till this day because we do not have the time to upgrade our code to the newest version. There is always something more important (features, bugs...) and our code has 2+ million lines. I thought that instead of moving from D2009 to XE7 I could atleast move code to D2010 because it is more or less backward compatible and it shouldn't take me that much of a work. I wanted to ask you about your opinion. Is it a good version to move to? Regards. Dimitrij wrote: > I thought that instead of moving from D2009 to XE7 I could atleast > move ...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

is there a Delphi 2007

Moving from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? Specifically, is there better Vista/Win7/Win8 integration provided by Delphi 2007? (In the project I am already using a custom manifest file for Vista/Win7 etc.. and not the std XPMan component) Does 2007 add any new bugs to the scene? Thanks Rael Rael wrote: > Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from > Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? If you are going to upgrade, why not upgrade to something newer? > In the project I am already using a custom man...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009
I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20 files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software. I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough? i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work? Thanks, Jason. -- Jason Sweby ...

Code Porting
Hi people, Basically, I am moving an app from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2009 which is all great (yeah right!) and I am having a couple of issues with some thirdparty components that we have the source code for. Being that I wanted to make the task as easy as possible, I was able to download the component in Delphi 2007 format. I have now managed to port that to 2009 so it compiles only with warnings and no errors. So all is good at this moment. Now I am trying to install the component into the IDE by using the install menu option from the project manager. This is where I run into errors. ...

Why does this work fine in Delphi 2009, but not in Delphi 2010
I've been racking my head trying to figure this out and can't understand what is wrong, TFileStream.ReadComponentRes fails when I try to read a component containing a record, it works fine in Delphi 2009 and Delphi 2007, but fails with Delphi 2010 Here is the unit source and DFM *+//UnitSource+* unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls; type TThresholdMode = (tm0,tm1,tm2,tm3,tm4,tm5); TThreshold = Record Mode:TThresholdMode; Filter,Start,Stop:Integer; end; ...

Web resources about - Move from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 and now failing - embarcadero.delphi.webservices

Josiah Failing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Josiah Failing (July 9, 1806 – August 14, 1877) was a businessman and the fourth mayor of Portland, Oregon , United States . Born in New York ...

Facebook Fined $77K by Argentine Court for Failing to Delete Alleged Defamatory Groups
... in a fine mess in Argentina , as PanAm Post reported that a Rosario court ordered the social network to pay compensation of $77,000 for failing ...

The Next Web - Facebook Timelines failing to load. Coffee... - Facebook
Facebook Timelines failing to load. Coffee break time?

Facebook Discontinues Deals After Failing to Make Pre-Paid Coupons Social
Facebook has told Reuters that it plans to discontinue its pre-paid coupon service. “After testing Deals for four months, we’ve decided to end ...

Forrester: 'Facebook is Failing Marketers'
Forrester research made a splash this week by stating “Facebook is Failing Marketers.” Needless to say it is causing a firestorm online among ...

Trying to mimic the Cafe Grumpy neon (failing terribly). (cc @craigbarowsky) - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
Explore kaythaney's photos on Flickr. kaythaney has uploaded 9408 photos to Flickr.

Failing American Workers - YouTube
Since President Obama took office, our country has lost over half a million manufacturing jobs, while China has seen a 25 percent increase in ...

European exploits hide home failings of Celtic
It was meant to be a one-horse race, but Celtic are a nose rather than a furlong ahead of their rivals, writes Matt Smith.

Essendon charged for failing to provide safe workplace during 2012 supplements saga - AdelaideNow Search ...
ESSENDON will plead guilty to providing its players with an unsafe workplace in the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court later this month.

Man charged with failing to report death of BASE jumper Ash Cosgriff
A man has been charged with failing to report the death of a BASE jumper who was killed after jumping from Australia's tallest tower in January. ...