Increasing timeout for a web server

I have created a web server that has a service that can sometimes take a while to process before returning the data to the client. If this takes longer than 30 seconds, the server drops the connection to the client to early. Is there a way to extend the timeout?

I am actually a C++ developer, but I thought the question is generic enough to post here.

mischa

Access local server(LAN Server) from Web Server(Web Application Server)
Hello All I have a local server for my LAN and a Web server(at remote location).Is it possible to access my Local Server from my Web Server ? Thanks MS  ...

Writing Standalone Web Server that serves Web Services in Delphi
Hi, I want to write web services. And I want to host these services in my own HTTP Server. Then All kind of clients may connect to my web server through my HTTP Server. Is there any component sets available in market? Regards. Many ways to do it. here are some http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/0212cantu/0212cantu.html http://www.kehm.de/henrik/blog/files/a5019da836d29c3cee972f5f62b5a8bd-19.html http://www.componentsource.com/products/remobjects-sdk-bundle/summary.html Edited by: Indranil Bandyopadhyay on Feb 24, 2009 6:44 PM Gurcan YUCEL wrote: >...

unable to start debugging on the web server. the web server did not respond in a timely manner. this may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server.
When i start debugging, it looks like it's going to work and the VS toolbars change to show the debugging toolbar options. However the cursor changes to the "busy" cursor and vista 'ghosts out' VS 2008 indicates that it's "not responding" in the title bar. The web browser never starts up and if you I it several minutes I get the following error: "Unable to start debugging on the web server. The web server did not respond in a timely manner. This may be because another debugger is already attached to the web server." HOWEVER, if you then im...

How to pull data from a remote server to the web server. Initiated by the web server session.
Hello.I am brand new to asp.net. Just starting to do web development. However I do have extensive software experience developingapplications on local networks, mobile devices, vb.net, vb.net remoting,etc. Here is the senario:    Bob delivers bottled water to several hundred accounts.    Bob keeps all information regarding his accounts in an    SQL server located at site A.  Bob has an ASP.net application    hosted on a web server at site B.  Bob wants to allow his     accounts to log in to the web serve...

Error When Debugging (Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewa
Hi, When im going to run asp.net website its giving this error. Unable to start debugging on the web server. Unable to connect to the web server. Varify that the web server is running and that incoming HTTP request are not blocked by a firewall.  please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Pubudu  If you are running your site off of a different machine than you are developing on, you need to install and configure the Visual Studio Remote Debugger on that machine. try to change the address from http://localhost to http://yourIP...   i hope it's worked...mak...

Unable to start debugging on the web server. The debugger is not registered on the web server computer. Visual Studio or the full remote debugger components must be installed on the web server!
Can somebody help me with this error message i get this when i want to debug my web application. I looked on the web many sites are talking about it but no one gives a good explanation for it. I use VS 2005, My OS is Windows XP professional 64 bits(Maybe this is the cause!) And the web prject is a Shop online. Thanks for your help!!  I think you should register IIS with Framework 2.0; How? run the below command on Command Prompt. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regiis.exe -i Hope it will work. Regards,  Ather Ali ShaikhSr. System AnalystGASCO Abu Dhabi,...

Create our own Web Server- free web server
It sounds a bit crazy but I do really hope to do so. Currently the hosting cost for running ASP.NET is expensive comparing to LAMP solution. Now we have free DB, free developer tools, except 'A'- in order to run a productional web server the only choice in Windows is IIS 6.0, which means another couple thousands dollars. If we can create a web server independent of OS, we can run a web server as cheap as $0, provided that we got windows 2000 pro/xp home. The Web Server edition of Windows Server is very cheap actualy. More expensive than a Win XP Home, of course...but defina...

Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server?
Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server? Which is to say, of course, that the URL would be starting with https. Anyone? ...

jaguar 3.6.1 or 4 include web plugin for netscape web servers ? (or any web servers)
Hiya, our system consists of multiple load balanced netscape web servers (jsp / java code) talking to a jaguar backend. I'd like the jsp's to be a "proper" j2ee web module, for integrated security etc. Does jag 3.6.1 ( or 4.0 ) include any web server plugins to allow this to occur ? thanks in advance. -- Hugh Madden Senior Consultant Adaptive Technology Pty Ltd hmadden@adaptivetech.com.au Phone: +61 2 9954 6822 Direct: +61 2 49545708 Fax: +61 2 9460 1500 Mobile: 0421 305 991 International: +61 421 305 991 www.adaptivetech.com.au NOTICE: The informa...

Problem datetime when transferring local SQL Server to Web Hosting SQL Server using XML Webservice
Dear all, We have recently integrated our internal timetracking (TT) system (Windows forms based )so that it can retrieve info from our (web based) bug tracking (BT) system. The BTS SQL Server is hosted in the USA on a shared server, the TT SQL server is stationed at our office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. During development we tested the XML webservice that handles the actual datatransfer between the two systems and everything works fine. After deployment of the XML webservice to the live environment (hosted service in USA) problems showed up: DateTime values arrive malformed. Examples:...

Are Cassini Web Server and Web Matrix Server the same product?
Are Cassini Web Server and Web Matrix Server the same product? Or they are diferent? They're the same.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Hello markberr, sorry that I answer so late. I used winxp pro to download the source code. I tried this link http://www.asp.net/Projects/Cassini/Download/download.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1 Unfortunately with winxp pro I got an error message with the following content (similar): Cassini.exe from www.asp.net can't be transfered. The Internet-Website couldn't be opened... Well I tried to down...

Move files from a web server to another web server
I am migriting my site from asp.3.0 to asp.net and I am used to simply copy files from my dev server to production server when my files are ready to go public. With asp.net I can't do that. What do I need to do before and after I copy my files to the production server to make it work. You can do a simple copy with .NET as well. You can copy all the files and directory structs but you only need the .ASPX, .ASCX, the DLL in the bin directory along with your other 'support' files. Also note that there is a 'copy project' option in VS.NET which will do the above.Mike Schellenberger - MCAD...

'Timeout expired' error due to busy web server or aspx coding error? How to increate 'Timeout expired' time?
We have been bothered with this error msg.  Usually it shows up in the early moring.  Later on when it is gone iwth a user it never shows up again all day long. The problem is busy web server or ASPX coding error?  Can we increae the 'Timeout expired' time? Thanks,Jeffrey Server Error in '/SSSS' Application.-------------------------------------------------------------------- Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the executio...

Power Dynamo with other WEB SERVER than Sybase Personal WEB Server
First, I am a complete novice concerning Power Dynamo Development. I tried PD, that we got bundled with Adaptive Server Anywhere. After 2 hours of testing, I was excited about the performance of this tool and I decided to write a small test application for an Electronic Product Catalogue. The application counts about 20 script files and works very fine with the Sybase Personal Web Server. But when I use some other Web Server for example Apache or SAMBAR with the CGI-Helper (dycgi02.exe) Program, it often happens that the application (Program 'dycsrv02.exe') crashs with ...

Web resources about - Increasing timeout for a web server - embarcadero.delphi.webservices

File:Increasing disorder.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License , Version 1.2 or ...

STUDY: Top Brands On Facebook Using Hashtags, But They’re Not Increasing Engagement
The good news about hashtags on Facebook, from analytics company Simply Measured , is that 20 percent of posts by Interbrand 100 brands, or the ...

A New Facebook Lobbying Team Emerges to Match Increasing Political Scrutiny
To date, Facebook has taken a slower pace with building up its presence in Washington, D.C. But now it looks like that’s about to change. Privacy ...

10 Strategies for Increasing Your Creativity
... is that we can all benefit from a boost to our creative juices.Those who are truly creative don’t copy what others do; 10 Strategies for Increasing ...

Breaking NASA Arctic Ocean Currents Changed Increasing Climate Change - YouTube
Follow ClimateState https://facebook.com/ClimateState NASA Finds Russian Runoff Freshening Canadian Arctic The transpolar drift (purple arrows) ...

UAE increasing efforts to keep pedestrians safe
Failure to give way to pedestrians was blamed for 40 of the more than 1,200 traffic accidents nationwide in the first three months of this year. ...

Ransomware threats are increasing, Symantec warns
With increasing ransomware activity in Europe, the U.S., and Canada, Symantec expects it to spread to regions such as Australia, as well. This ...

Increasing supermarket prices force Queenslanders to reach for takeaways
More than half of Australians are turning to takeaway food instead of cooking.