How do I lookup or change the WSDL import settings/options in DELPHI 2009

A while ago a friend configured my WSDL import options.  I am no moving to Delphi XE and need to use the same configuration that was used in 2009.  How do I lookup or change the WSDL import settings/options in DELPHI 2009?     My second question is how do I set the defaults in XE?  I can't find instructions on any of this.
0
David

Hello,

>A while ago a friend configured my WSDL import options.  I am no moving to
>Delphi XE and need to use the same configuration that was used in 2009.
>How do I lookup or change the WSDL import settings/options in DELPHI 2009?
>My second question is how do I set the defaults in XE?  I can't find
>instructions on any of this.

Fortunately the importer generates comments in the source file itself to
relay what the import options where. For example, if I run the importer and
select to map xsd:string to WideString, I'll see the following at the top of
the source code generated:

{code}
// WSDL     : test.wsdl
//  >Import : test.wsdl>0
//  >Import : c:\dev\tp\trunk\soap\wsdls\test.xsd
// Codegen  : [wfMapStringsToWideStrings+]
{code}

The Codegen section above only shows up if non-default options where
selected. The '+' says that the option was enabled (which means that it's
typically disabled).

Here's an another example: this time I've disabled the option to skip unused
types and I've enabled the option to generate a server implementation. The
source code generated reads:

// WSDL     : test.wsdl
//  >Import : test.wsdl>0
//  >Import : c:\dev\tp\trunk\soap\wsdls\test.xsd
// Codegen  : [wfServer+, wfSkipUnusedTypes-]

As you can see, skipping unused types is usually ON but I disabled it; and
generating Server is OFF by default but I've turned it ON.

Now none of that is documented as it's really in there for debugging
purposes (IOW, we realized that it would be helpful to find out what option
was used when this particular file was generated). The source code for the
WSDL Importer is actually included with Delphi so it's not difficult to see
all the strings that would show up in that "// Codegen : ..." line. So to go
back to the previous options, you'll want matching "// Codegen :" lines, if
there was one.

To go back to the default you want no "// Codegen : ..." line to show up.
The command line importer of XE, WSDLImp.exe, shows what options are ON or
OFF by default when you run the help screen (just type 'WSDLImp.exe').
Here's the output:

{code}
Embarcadero WSDLIMP Version 2.41 - $Rev: 34803 $
Copyright (c) 2010 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.

Usage: WSDLIMP [options] <WSDL[File|URL]>

 Language Generation Options:
  -C     Generate C++ code
  -P     Generate Pascal code

 Code Generation Options [ -option{+|-} default shown ]:
  -Oa+   Process nillable and optional elements
  -Ob-   Use Setters and Getters for properties
  -Od+   Generate destructors for remotable types
  -Oe+   Generate scoped enumerations
  -Of+   Import Fault Types
  -Og-   Generate interface GUIDs using COM API
  -Oh+   Import Header Types
  -Oi+   Generate warning comments
  -Oj+   Validate Enumeration members
  -Ok-   Map pure collections to wrapper class types
  -Ol-   Emit wrapper element Types
  -Om-   Allow out parameters
  -Oo+   One out parameter is return value
  -Op+   Process included and imported schemas
  -Or-   Generate alias for the element of pure collections
  -Os-   Generate server implementation instead of client proxies
  -Ot+   Do not emit unused types
  -Ou+   Unwrap wrapper elements (wrapped doc|lit services)
  -Ov+   Generate verbose information about types and interfaces
  -Ow-   Map String to WideString
  -Ox+   Generate class aliases as class types
  -Oz-   Use TXSxxxx classes for simple nillable types
{code}

The items with a '+' are ON by default and the ones with '-' are OFF by
default.

Let us know if you need more information.

Cheers,

Bruneau
0
Jean

DELPHI 2009 / XE / Importer crashes when importing large WSDL file. Help?
When importing a large wsdl, delphi crashes and closes. Tried with D2009, 2010 and XE. Same behaviour. Provider assures other customers are using WDSL without problems. Can anybody provide me help? It seems to be the type declarations. I would gladly post the WSDL, its over 1MB, where and how? Thanks. Hello, > When importing a large wsdl, delphi crashes and closes. > Tried with D2009, 2010 and XE. Same behaviour. > Provider assures other customers are using WDSL without problems. > Can anybody provide me help? > It seems to be the type declarations. > I would ...

Importing Delphi 2009 project in Delphi 2006
I've been using Delphi 2006 for a while and have never really felt the need to upgrade to a newer release given the expense. I'm looking at taking over on a project from someone else who developed it in Delphi 2009. The only code incompatibilities he can think of is some of the Unicode changes that were introduced after D2006 but that should be fairly easy to fix. My main concern is whether or not a project that was created in Delphi 2009 can even be *opened* in Delphi 2006. I don't know how file exte nsions or formats have changed between the two versions. Can anyone give me...

Delphi 2009 WSDL Importer and attributeGroup
Hi, It seems that Delphi's WSDL Importer don't support attributeGroup and so generates a broken SOAP Wrapper. Do you know how to fix the wrapper in order to manually add the missing properties ? <xsd:complexType name="StatusRequestType"> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element ref="xsd1:Id" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"/> <xsd:element ref="xsd1:SeqNo" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/> <xsd:element name="Option" type="xsd1:StatusOptionType" minOccurs="...

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi RAD XE
Hi, Delphi RAD XE Profesional - disable Wizard WebService- WSDL importer (next SOAP Server DataModule, SOAP Server Interface). SOAP server Application enabled only. Any ideas? regards Marián ...

Blank namespace problem in wsdl importer --- still appears to be broken in Delphi 2009
It would appear that the Delphi wsdl importer is still not handling namespaces. I have Delphi 2009 + update1 and am trying to import wsdl from some java-based web services. The ruby soap4r wsdl importer does handle name spaces properly --- so below is a correctly generated soap request from ruby followed immediately by the soap request that came out of Delphi. I regret that newsgroup formatting does not let me highlight the differences clearly. Anyone know whether a fix for this is on the horizon? Thanks, David Jameson ----- Correct soap request generated by Ruby after...

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

is there a Delphi 2007

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Question about Delphi 2009 vs Delphi 7
Hi, I was wondering if any of you can point me to a URLs that show the most important improvements between these versions of Delphi. The objective is convincing the powers-that-pay-the-bills that moving to D2009 (that we'd have to purchase) is a better idea than moving to D7 (for which we have licenses). Fire at will! -- Saluti, Alessandro Federici ------------------------------- "I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened." (Mark Twain) Alessandro Federici wrote: > Hi, > I was wondering if any of yo...

ShareMem Delphi 6 --> Delphi 2009
I have just upgraded from Delphi 6 to Delphi 2009. My software uses about 20 files, plus literally dozens more plug-ins. Every project has ShareMem as its first unit and borlndmm.dll is distributed with the software. I am aware that the Borland Memory Manager was replaced to use FastMM quite some time ago. Will I have to rebuild every EXE and DLL in DElphi 2009 that uses ShareMem, or will supplying the new borlndmm.dll be enough? i.e. I would like to just update the main application EXEs and DLLs, but leave the plug-ins alone. Will this work? Thanks, Jason. -- Jason Sweby ...

Web resources about - How do I lookup or change the WSDL import settings/options in DELPHI 2009 - embarcadero.delphi.webservices

Help:Contents/Account settings and maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Campaign setting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A campaign setting is usually a fictional world which serves as a setting for a role-playing game or wargame campaign. A campaign is a series ...

Privacy Setting For New Facebook Users Aged 13-17 Now Defaults To ‘Friends’
Facebook is changing the initial default privacy setting for users aged 13 through 17 to friends, from friends of friends, but those teen users ...

Facebook changes default privacy settings for new users to friends-only
Facebook announced today a shift in privacy settings for new users. Now, when someone signs up for a profile, their default posting status is ...

Setting Up TV Ads With Facebook Ads
How do consumers respond to television ads that they have already seen, either on Facebook or on TV? Facebook IQ commissioned a study by neuromarketing ...

North Korea has had a "complete success" setting of a hydrogen bomb.
Or so it says. The North’s announcement came about an hour after detection devices around the world had picked up a 5.1 seismic event along ...

2015 record-setting box office in the US thanks to 'Star Wars' - Business Insider Deutschland
For many in Hollywood, the $11 billion record is bittersweet as many wide releases failed at the box office.

Amazon Celebrates a Record-Setting Holiday for Prime, Amazon Original Series and Amazon Devices
Amazon Celebrates a Record-Setting Holiday for Prime, Amazon Original Series and Amazon Devices&nbsp;

Man charged with setting Houston mosque afire says he was a devout attendee
Chron.com Man charged with setting Houston mosque afire says he was a devout attendee Chron.com A Houston man has been arrested in connection ...

Caption This: The Guy Charged With Setting That Houston Mosque On Fire
Just another crazy white dude. Whew! (Mug shot courtesy of the Houston Chronicle)