Getting full request out of TRestRequest

Hello,

The Restful service I am using requires a custom authenticator as it is needs the "username:apikey" as the normal basic authenticator would base64 encode "username=apikey". apikey is a code that is given in the application I am trying to connect to for each user.

The connection always fails with an authentication error. Aside from using a tool like fiddler, is there an easy way I can get the raw HTML of the request to a file so I can send it to the vendor and ask what I am doing wrong?
0
David

Run it through a proxy (which is basically what Fiddle is) or bounce it through a PHP proxy. Also RunScope has an option:

https://www.runscope.com/
0
Eli
4/16/2015 4:53:24 AM
If you can do this in a test environment as http, you could also consider Wireshark.

Dan
0
Dan

Annoying difference between an instance GET request and a submission GET request?
In playing around with my XForms enabled AtomPub client and atomojo (an APP Server) I have discovered a subtle difference between the two ways you can request instance data: If you request the Atom Service document from atomojo through an xf:instance <xf:instance id=3D"service" src=3D"http://localhost:8088/"><app:service/></xf:instance> You get a valid response (200 Success) and the service document is retrieved. However, if you use an xf:submission <xf:submission id=3D"retrieveService" mediatype=3D"application/xml&quo...

HOW TO: get the full XML of a webservice method?
Hello, if i call a webservice, i will get an object, for example a String or XmlDocument.. i want to have the Full XML of the web method i called including the <?xml version="1.0"?> . is that possible?  ...

I need a way to enforce WebService to output JSON on GET request
I wrote this: Imports System.WebImports System.Web.ServicesImports System.Web.Script.ServicesImports System.Web.Services.Protocols<ScriptService()> _<WebService(Namespace:="http://tempuri.org/")> _<WebServiceBinding(ConformsTo:=WsiProfiles.BasicProfile1_1)> _Public Class CrossDomainFriendlyService Inherits System.Web.Services.WebService <ScriptMethod(ResponseFormat:=ResponseFormat.Json, UseHttpGet:=True)> _ <WebMethod()> _ Public Function HelloWorld() As String Return "Hello World" End FunctionEnd Class but there is...

Request.Form or Request.Form.Get
Moderator - will you please post this question in the 'Getting Started' forum? I've been provided with JavaScript that dynamically dynamically creates a text box using an HTML input tag (no runat attribute exists) .  Can somebody please tell me how to access the data entered into this input box from the code-behind without first adding a runat attribute to the input tag (I don't want to modify the JS that creates this input box)? If the answer requires using Request.Form and Request.Form.Get, I tried testing with those functions in my btnSave event handler, and they always seem...

Why do we get 400 Bad Request with this SOAP request?
Database on both ends running ASA 9.0.2.3274. We created web service on server A: CREATE SERVICE ihl7_private_receive_soap TYPE 'SOAP' AUTHORIZATION OFF USER app_owner AS CALL ihl7_messaging_receive_soap(:asxml); CREATE PROCEDURE app_owner.ihl7_messaging_receive_soap(in asxml XML) BEGIN MESSAGE 'Received SOAP request ' || asxml TO CONSOLE; END; We call from server B: CREATE PROCEDURE app_owner.ihl7_private_send_soap(in asxml long varchar, in asurl long varchar) URL '!asurl' TYPE 'SOAP:RPC'; ...

Redirected POST requests should result in GET requests
I'm not sure how this is treated in the RFCs, but all browsers I'm aware of send a GET request in response to a 302 returned for a POST request. This is not the behavior of LWP::UserAgent, even when redirecting of POSTs is enabled. This situation is encountered quite frequently in ecommerce applications, such as between a login page & the first page in the application, or after submitting an order. Sending a redirect to a POST is a common way of "decoupling" two distinct actions in the application, such as logging in, and then displaying a customer's acco...

POST GET GET GET GET... WTH?

get requests...
I was wondering if there was a way I can explicitly make any get request on a page with dynamic content grab a completely new version from the server. Currently I have some code like the following: <% if(Condition == "True") { %> <br>Content for condition goes here <% } %> However if Condition changes, and the users opens the .aspx url directly, the old content is displayed unless they press the refresh button. This is obviously a problem. Cheers, Murray <% Response.AddHeader "Cache-Control",...

Handling HTTP HEAD requests vs. GET/POST requests ...
Hello, I have an asp.net page that when hit via a GET request "returns" an XML document.  This page is intended as a data feed for another site.  The other site makes numerous hits to this page every day using an HTTP HEAD request to check if the document has changed, when it has changed, it then makes a GET request to fetch the XML data. Currently, my page that returns the XML document does so for ANY type of HTTP request, ie: GET, POST, HEAD.  It reads a database and returns the entire XML document via the response stream.  If an HTTP HEAD req...

Delphi Webservice
Hello, I have created one webservice using indy TIdHTTPWebBrokerBridge and also created the client. Now I need to way to pass some file which will be reside on my server path to the client thorugh SOAP. The picture is as follows: 1) I have some fastreport files on the server 2) The client will show those report on the client side. There will be no fr3 files in the client side. Also I don't want to use FastReport Client/Server technology, as my client does not want this. 3) I don't want to save the fr3 files in the client side also. How to call this report from Client...

Passing xmlrequest to webservice and getting response from the webservice by serialization in classes.
Hi All,      Iam try to pass the request to the webservice. I was told to send the request in the below format using classes n properties. I can't able to understand how it should be done. Plz help me in this. Can anyone explain it indetail. The code format should be : Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click           Dim objPropertyInfoRQ As PropertyInfoRequest = New PropertyInfoRequest        Dim objPropertyInfoRS As...

requesting a full page reload request from the WebServer within my IW app
Hi everyone, I am wondering if it is possible to programatically request a full page reload for my application in an AsyncEventHandler. Basically, I am populating a DBGrid component in an Async Timer Callback (reading from a database) and would like to refresh my page after I have filled the first page of the grid (15 rows) so that the second page gets displayed (with the Prev and Next buttons for the grid). I could do this easily by just using the regular OnTimer event handler for my timer which does a full pag e reload everytime I put data into a Cell, but this causes the annoying bl...

I use objectdatasource to get dataset from webservices, how do I reuse without recalling the webservices
I call this once - objSelect gets the dataset from the web server.How do I cache it or store it so when they click on page numbers or sorting - it doesn't call objSelect again.  Should I store the datatable in a session or a private variable?I only want it to select from objSelect - on page load or on a button click.Here is my code for the 1st time:Dim dt As DataTable = CType(objSelect.Select(), DataView).ToTable() Dim dv As DataView = dt.DefaultView dv.RowFilter = WhereClause(Paging.Text, PageSize.SelectedValue) datSearch.DataSource = dvdatSearch.DataBind() You must store it in ...

Web resources about - Getting full request out of TRestRequest - embarcadero.delphi.webservices