Delphi SOAP (WebServices) demos are back on CodeCentral!

Anybody doing WebServices/SOAP programming on delphi who remembers the Delphi 2007 era demos, might be happy to know that I've fixed them up and posted them on CodeCentral.  Since that code belongs to Embarcadero, I'd like to thank Embarcadero for giving permission to me to post this code on CodeCentral:

http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/28789

Anybody who has bug reports for this code can email me at warren dot postma at gmail dot com.   It is possible that I might set up a version control system (bitbucket) if that's needed, and if Embarcadero has no problem with that.

I will hopefully update this CC article when new Delphi versions ship so that these demos stay alive.

There are warnings in the code, but all the demos work. Next time around I'll clean up the remaining warnings, and fix any bugs that get reported.

Warren
0
Warren

I'm going to post about this on my blog too. Hopefully a little refresher course for those of you who (like me) have grown a bit rusty about SOAP.

Warren
0
Warren

SOAP webservice in Delphi. Best option?
Hello all, I need to implement a SOAP web service in Delphi (it will be an ISAPI) that will be under heavy load (=many concurrent calls). I'd like to know which would be the best ISAPI/SOAP framework available. My web service must do some very "expensive" initialization (load some huge XML files that cannot be shared between threads) and it would be nice if I could re-use those resources again in the next call, so it would be very nice if the framework could do thread pooling. Also, is the Delphi soap server wizard still "current", or is it deprecated? Kin...

Delphi Webservice
Hello, I have created one webservice using indy TIdHTTPWebBrokerBridge and also created the client. Now I need to way to pass some file which will be reside on my server path to the client thorugh SOAP. The picture is as follows: 1) I have some fastreport files on the server 2) The client will show those report on the client side. There will be no fr3 files in the client side. Also I don't want to use FastReport Client/Server technology, as my client does not want this. 3) I don't want to save the fr3 files in the client side also. How to call this report from Client...

Delphi 2010 webservice consumer pass null strings to webservice [Edit]
Hello, I need to consume a webservice that is developed in java ( thas all that I know ). I have a HTTPRIO componente and have import the webservice file win the WSDL importer. Til here everything is allright but when I run the application all the parameters reach the webservice as null. I have made some webservice and consumers but I never have had problems ( I make the server and the client ) I test to do the same with prism and c++ bilder and it go allright, but I need it to do in delphi Thanks PD: Pleas be patient, my English is not good Edited by: Adrian Zussino on Sep 8, 2010 3...

Delphi
Hi, I have a webservice from SAP, it has one operation "ZMymcsCustomersMulti" <wsdl:operation name="ZMymcsCustomersMulti"> <wsp:Policy> <wsp:PolicyReference URI="#OP_ZMymcsCustomersMulti"/> </wsp:Policy> <wsdl:input message="tns:ZMymcsCustomersMulti"/> <wsdl:output message="tns:ZMymcsCustomersMultiResponse"/> </wsdl:operation> As you can see the return value should be of the type "ZMymcsCustomersMultiResponse". After I imported this service into my delphi p...

How to recover a SOAP Header in a Delphi Win32 WebService?
I'm trying to implement authentication across of SOAP header in my webservice. The WebService is developed in Delphi XE (Win32) and is accessed by application an .NET (C #). I could not find documentation and working examples of a webservice with this type of authentication.The other option would be to create parameters in all functions of the webservice passing the username and password, but would not want to do this. Declared in the interface (INTF) a class of type "TSoapHeader" with the properties you need in this case, username and password! {code} THeader = class(...

Delphi Webservices Application
I am trying to run a webservice client on Windows XP that accesses a server on windows server 2003. I get the following error: "Receieved content of invalid Content-Type setting: text/html - SOAP expects text/xml" when I call a function on the server. I don't get this error if both the server and client are running under windows xp. I have compiled both the client and server on windows XP with Delphi 7. What could be the cause of the error? Pier Pier Nardin wrote: > I am trying to run a webservice client on Windows XP that accesses a > server on windows s...

Delphi Webservices application #2
I have written a CGI webserver and client with Delphi 7 that work fine in windows XP, but not in windows server 2003. When I type the server's address into internet explorer on the windows 2003 server machine I cannot read the WSDL interfaces for the server using internet explorer. However, I can read them on another XP machine. So, I tried writing the server as an ASAPI dll. I can now read the WSDL interfaces for the server using internet explorer. However, the client application does not work with the ASAPI server. I get the following error: "Received content of inval...

Deploy WebService from Delphi XE2
Hi, I was develop WebService in RAD Studio XE2 (CGI standalone app) and after development procedure (copy webservice module and midas.dll) server raise me an error: -- Sasa Mihajlovic --- Life is to short to be boring, keep smiling... HTTP Error 404.3 - Not Found The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map. Module StaticFileModule Notification ExecuteRequestHandler Handler StaticFile Error Code 0x80070032 Requested URL http://www.msdaio.c...

Delphi 2007

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

How to deploy a webservice Into IIS when that webservice is connected to MSsql in the back end
Hi , I created a webservice which consists of several webmethods and that webservice is connected to SQL through connection string but when i tried to deploy it to IIS its not happening Please help me with the process of deploying Naveen.... You need to give a bit more information about what is "not happening".  Is your web service returning an exception?  What type of exception?  What is your configuration?  etc. Here are some things to try: Have a look at the identity that your app pool is running under in IIS.  It is probably n...

Delphi XE3 plus CBuilder XE3 demo is still Delphi only
Have Delphi XE3 installed (and registered), tried to install the CBuilder XE3 demo to see if it work as required. The result is that only Delphi was updated and no CBuilder available. Is there a way to test it - I would have upgraded to full RadStudio but doubted the CBuilder 64 bit compiler would be available in time (deadline is almost here and already ported the code to VC++ but don't particularly like it). ...

Delphi 2010 WebService Array Parameter
Hi, I created a WebService that returns an array of a TRemotable object (Custom structure) with D2010. When the WS is consumed by a Delphi-Client everything works perfect. But when I try to consumed the WS from a MS_C#.net-Client I get errors telling me the xml structure is incorrect. Any help would be really appreciated. Cheers, Eduardo Hi Eduardo, > I created a WebService that returns an array of a TRemotable object (Custom > structure) with D2010. So do I ;-) > When the WS is consumed by a Delphi-Client everything works perfect. But > when I try to...

Does not appear the node webservices in Delphi Projects
Hi I using D2007 version enterprise and the SO of my PC is windows vista, when deal to create an application webservices, does not appear the node webservices in Item Categories of Delphi Projects. Can anyone help? Arturo Medina wrote: > I using D2007 version enterprise and the SO of my PC is windows > vista, when deal to create an application webservices, does not > appear the node webservices in Item Categories of Delphi Projects. > > Can anyone help? You must create a vcl aplication first, then add the webservice items. -- Cesar Romero http://www....

Web resources about - Delphi SOAP (WebServices) demos are back on CodeCentral! - embarcadero.delphi.webservices

Sip from the Firehose : CodeRage 6 session replays for Friday, October 21
... history, and more. The CodeRage 6 Friday, October 21 (the last day of this year’s CodeRage) session replay have been uploaded to CodeCentral. ...

Blogs
The Update 1 of RAD Studio XE8, C++ Builder XE8, and Delphi XE8 is available for Update Subscription customers, as anticipated. If you are not ...

Embarcadero Discussion Forums:
Log On Embarcadero Home Communities Articles Blogs Resources Downloads Help Embarcadero Discussion Forums Welcome, Guest Login Guest Settings ...

Nine Free Premium Styles For Delphi XE8 Firemonkey On Android, IOS, Windows, And Mac OSX
Embarcadero has released the free premium style pack for Delphi XE8 Firemonkey (and I assume C++Builder and maybe Appmethod). In Delphi XE7 Firemonkey ...

OpenSource Units - Andy's Blog and Tools
Andy's Blog and Tools Delphi, C++Builder and other thoughts Skip to content Home IDE Tools DDevExtensions 2.6 IDE Fix Pack 5.1 IDE Fix Pack 2007 ...