Delphi error with WSDL field names

Hi;

I have an ugly situation where my client is constructing the message to
post to the service poorly.  when I intercept the message prior to
posting the tage is cased incorrectly.  I have created the following
work around, but this seems to be a very heavy handed and brittle
solution.

In the WSDL all instances of the definition of the input tag are all
lowercase, however when delphi generates the submission the I is
capitalized.  I presume I have missed something very elementary but
cant for the life of me figure it out.  Thanks in advance for any
assistance.

-Allen

{code}
procedure
TAlarmComSoap.RIO_AlarmComCustomerManagementBeforeExecute(const
MethodName : string; SOAPRequest : TStream);
var
  temp, temp2 : TStringStream;
  s1:string;
begin
  temp := TStringStream.Create('');
  try
    temp.CopyFrom(SOAPRequest, 0);
    s1:= temp.DataString;
    StrReplace(s1, '<Input>', '<input>', [rfReplaceAll]);
    StrReplace(s1, '</Input>', '</input>', [rfReplaceAll]);
    temp.Clear;
    temp.position := 0;
    temp.WriteString(s1);
    SOAPRequest.POsition := 0;
    temp.SaveToStream(SOAPRequest);
    LogEntry(8, MethodName + ' -- SOAPRequest',
'TAlarmComSoap.HTTPRIO1BeforeExecute', '');
    LogEntry(9, temp.DataString, 'TAlarmComSoap.HTTPRIO1BeforeExecute',
'');
  finally
    temp.Free;
  end;
end;
,
{/snip}

allen

Hello Allen,

The package Delphi SOAP generates should be configurable in the binding
itself. There have been problems with namespaces and that's harder to remedy
(although XE has made that more configurable). But for the issue of casing,
you should be able to update the bindings directly if what you're changing
are element or attribute names.

Can you give a little more context? For example, do the elements map to
properties or parameters? If yes, you can change the case of the property or
parameter itself.

Cheers,

Bruneau
0
Jean
11/8/2010 5:22:23 PM
The problem seems to be for both properties and parameters where DELPHI
is converting the first letter of the property and parameter to upper
case when the WSDL has it as lower case??

Id there a way to force compliance with the WSDL's case when importing
the WSDL?

allen
11/9/2010 5:22:50 PM
Hello,

XML element and attribute names are case-sensitive: so the WSDL importer
should stick to what it found. If you can point me to the WSDL/Schema, I'll
investigate.

Cheers,

Bruneau
0
Jean

Error on Delphi 6 but not on Delphi Xe for Ftp
I am Experimenting with get a file from our webside server via Ftp. I have 2 Machines 1 a laptop runing XP Delphi 6 Indy 10.5.8.0 An a machine runing Window 7 Delphi XE2 with Indy 10.5.8.0. I am using the Same Code on Both. procedure TFrmMain.ProcessItemDalySpecial; var PathDest : String; FileName : String; begin with FrmTb2 do begin if ReadIniBoolean(IniCfg,'FTP','UseFtpDaly') then begin Ftp.Host := ReadIniStr(IniCfg,'FTP','HostDaly'); Ftp.Port := ReadIniInt(IniCfg,'FTP'...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

ArcGIS runtime errors after upgrading from Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE3
We have an application written in Delphi Pascal that accesses the ArcGIS 9.3 API through the COM interface. We recently upgraded from Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE3 and ever since we upgraded we have been getting runtime errors in the ArcGIS libraries that we were not getting before. Specifically the error is always "invalid floating point operation". The first one that was occurring was happening in the method "sg.SgCoordRefSetZ". I was able to eliminate this error by adding a call to FGeoSpatialReference.SetZDomain(-10000, 100000.0) even though there is nowhere that we&#...

Error "Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each status value setting datetime field value" with TADOQuery and TDateTime (Delphi XE2)
Hello all, I've created an application which should do some automated tasks. When I run the application normally (as admin on a Window Server 2008 R2 x64 + MSSQL Server 2008 R2) everything works just fine. But whe I run the application a a 'sceduled taks' (with a different Windows User account), I get the following error when I modify a datetime field of a SQL query and I try to post the record Multiple-step operation generated errors. Check each status value setting datetime field value This is what I do (not exact query...): procedure Edit(aConn: T...

Delphi 2010: Error in blob field
Hello When trying to save a blob field with ONE character always shows an error access violation at address ..... The sentence I am using is: insert into table (...) values (...) and I am passing the parameter as follows: Consulta.parambyname ('field') .. Assign ('fieldname'). I worked in D2006 and it worked perfectly, we are now migrating to the D2010 and is presented for this inconvenience. What could be? ... Thanks for any help and please excuse my English. Juan Carlos Camacho Juan Carlos Camacho Castillo explained on 9/16/2010 : > Hello > &...

Delphi XE3 Size Mismatch for field error
I already posted this in the Delphi/General group but this is a better place for it so I'm reposting. Can anyone tell me please where I can find the thread that Jeff Overcash mentioned below, or alternately tell me how to fix the problem please? TIA From my previous post..... Satara IT Department wrote: Hi, I'm converting one of my apps to XE3 (from XE2), I thought it was all going splendidly , i.e. I didn't have to make any code changes (except something to do with the OnGetTableName event which I've asked about in a separate post) to get it to build, but when ...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi and virus, or virus and Delphi.

Web resources about - Delphi error with WSDL field names - embarcadero.delphi.webservices