delphi 2009 web service parameter as xml

Hi
I'm trying to make a web service function with a xml as parameter. I don't want to make the parameter as a string, instead I want to add the xml schema to the wsdl, so that the client program gets the schema and requests the function with a proper xml. Could somebody help me?
0
vesa

On 03.03.2010 20:54, vesa tuominen wrote:

> I'm trying to make a web service function with a xml as parameter. I don't want to make the parameter as a string, instead I want to add the xml schema to the wsdl, so that the client program gets the schema and requests the function with a proper xml. Could somebody help me?

Hi vesa,

as far asi I know a web service can not embed a XML schema (xsd) in its
WSDL, but it can offer a method which returns the schema file content.

So the client could first request the schema from the server, store it
locally and validate the XML content which it wants to submit to the
server, and finally (if the validation succeeds), do the SOAP request.

Cheers,
--
Michael Justin
SCJP, SCJA

Consuming Web Service in Delphi 2009
I have used Delphi 2009 to WSDL import. The resulting unit is as follows; How do i consume this web service. All i need is some basic code to get me started. Please help. // ************************************************************************ // // The types declared in this file were generated from data read from the // WSDL File described below: // WSDL : http://41.215.25.243:8000/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/zfi_customer_balance?sap-client=555&wsdl=1.1 // >Import : http://41.215.25.243:8000/sap/bc/srt/rfc/sap/zfi_customer_balance?sap-client=555&wsdl=1.1>0 // Encoding : ...

Problem upgrading web service client from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE
In trying to upgrade our web service client to Delphi XE we have now get a web service error of Invalid Format. When we examine the SOAP request we see the following differences from Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE In Delphi 7 we get <SomeStuff xmlns="" xsi:nil="true" /> In Delphi XE we get <SomeStuff xsi:nil="true" /> We have narrowed the failure down to these differences in the client request. Is there anyway to get Delphi XE to generate a SOAP request with the xmlns attribute set to blank as it used to be? Hello, > In trying to u...

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server?
Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server? Which is to say, of course, that the URL would be starting with https. Anyone? ...

Out Of Memory error after converting web services from Delphi 7 to 2009
Hello All I have a set of Web Services written in Delphi 7 which I now compiled with D2009 to be able to use unicode. They use MySql on the server and return invokable objects instead of XML docs. The only change I had to make was the library/vendorlib properties for the MySql connection. The client was also converted from D7 to D2009. All services now give me a 'Out Of Memory error' on the client. Any ideas? Thanks Dolf It's a strange error, but you might try to re-import the wsdl from the D2009 importer. Perhaps things have changed. albert <Dolf vanEnk> ...

Where is the url of the WSDL xml specification in a Delphi 7 web service?
I believe this is a very simple question, but I didn't find an answer. I'm trying to access a webservice using SoapUI. The webservice is developed in Delphi 7. I can access it with the url http://server/my.dll/soap/IDataMod. A html representation of the WSDL file can be accessed with a web browser in the url http://server/my.dll/wsdl/IDataMod But I can't find the url of the WSDL *xml file*. I need it to create clients in other languages. The wsdl/IDataMod page is a html file. Where can I get the real thing? I've tried the following urls: http://server/my.dll/wsdl?in...

Trying to use MS TAG API Web Services with Delphi 2009
Can anyone please advise who to solve my problem with MS TAG API. Extract from my code is: procedure TForm1.TagCategoryActivate; var lv_Contract :IMIBPContract; lv_Client :ActivateCategory; lv_Resp :ActivateCategoryResponse; begin try lv_Contract := GetIMIBPContract(false, '', HTTPRIO1); lv_Client := ActivateCategory.Create; lv_Client.userCredential := UserCredential.Create; lv_Client.userCredential.AccessToken := cv_AccessToken; lv_Client.categoryName := 'CatName123'; lv_Resp := lv_Contract....

Delphi 2010 XML, SOAP and Web Services courseware manual published
Hi All, See also http://www.bobswart.nl/Weblog/Blog.aspx?RootId=5:4008 125 pages, 34,883 words, and several dozen screenshots make up revision 381 of my Delphi 2010 XML, SOAP and Web Services manual (see table of contents at http://www.ebob42.com/training/D2010XMLSOAP.pdf), which will be available for purchase starting this weekend from my webshop at http://www.ebob42.com/courseware Earlier this weekend, the PDF file will be sent free of charge to everyone who purchased my Delphi 2007 XML, SOAP and Web Services manual in PDF format directly from me (including support and u...

Delphi 2006 XML Validation w/ XSD Schemas by Consuming ASMX Web Service
Utilizing Delphi 2006, is there a straight forward method of validating a CCD and/or CCR xml with a corresponding schema? Here are some samples which work at http://xreg2.nist.gov/cda-validation/mu.html: - http://www.selectayacht.com/validation/NoInfoNoErrors.xml - http://www.selectayacht.com/validation/SomeContentNoErrors.xml - http://www.selectayacht.com/validation/LotsofContentNoErrors.xml Here is a sample with four errors: - http://www.selectayacht.com/validation/4errors.xml I am unable to achieve the same results however attempting to perform validatio...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

Web resources about - delphi 2009 web service parameter as xml - embarcadero.delphi.webservices

Google Webmaster Tools Parameter Handling - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Alternatives to boolean parameters