Consuming a .NET web service in Delphi 2010 using a service reference

Hi,

I've been asked to modify one of my existing applications (D2010 Win32) to interact with a web service written under VS2010/.Net 4. The information I have so far is :-

"As communication is secured by .NET WsHttpBinding data encrypting, In order to consume it you have to add to your application a Service Reference (not a web reference) that joins the service available at the URL: http://ctm.mobilling.it/SmsComApi/Sms.svc .

 Assuming that the binding created in your app.confing is named "WSHttpBinding_ISms" you have to instantiate a client as shown below:

{code}
SmsServiceReference.SmsClient sms = new SmsServiceReference.SmsClient("WSHttpBinding_ISms");
{code}

In order to avoid the need of whitelist each client’s IP, we ensured security for this binding by negotiating Windows Credentials. These credentials will be, in live environment, subjected to a change policy on a quarterly basis: our network administrator will provide you further information."

All the web services I've consumed before has been achieved by simply importing the WSDL and going on from there. Is it even possible to use this service in this manner? I can't find any reference to adding a Service Reference to a D2010 Win32 app.

Does anybody have any idea?

Many thanks in advance,

Andy
0
Andrew

Hello,

> I've been asked to modify one of my existing applications (D2010 Win32) to
> interact with a web service written under VS2010/.Net 4. The information I
> have so far is :-
>

> "As communication is secured by .NET WsHttpBinding data encrypting, In
> order to consume it you have to add to your application a Service
> Reference (not a web reference) that joins the service available at the
>
> Assuming that the binding created in your app.confing is named
> "WSHttpBinding_ISms" you have to instantiate a client as shown below:
>
> {code}
> SmsServiceReference.SmsClient sms = new
> SmsServiceReference.SmsClient("WSHttpBinding_ISms");
> {code}
>

> In order to avoid the need of whitelist each client’s IP, we ensured
> security for this binding by negotiating Windows Credentials. These
> credentials will be, in live environment, subjected to a change policy on
> a quarterly basis: our network administrator will provide you further
> information."
>
> All the web services I've consumed before has been achieved by simply
> importing the WSDL and going on from there. Is it even possible to use
> this service in this manner? I can't find any reference to adding a
> Service Reference to a D2010 Win32 app.
>
> Does anybody have any idea?

The Delphi SOAP runtime cannot handle WsHttpBinding. To interact w Delphi
the Service must use BasicHttpBinding.

Cheers,

Bruneau
0
Jean

Web resources about - Consuming a .NET web service in Delphi 2010 using a service reference - embarcadero.delphi.webservices

Tumblr : How do teenagers waste hours upon hours consuming Tumblr?
Answer (1 of 6): I am a teenager and also have a fascination with Tumblr. I will try my best to explain this from our perspective as teens. This ...

Are You Consuming Your Coffee Correctly? - YouTube
Have you been doing it wrong? The Scientific Smell Challenge: https://youtu.be/bI5HEl3u848 SUBSCRIBE (it's free!): http://bit.ly/asapsci GET ...

Briton sentenced to four years for consuming hashish in Dubai
... to having 6.4 grams of the drug for his personal use and he will be deported after serving his sentence. DUBAI // A Briton charged with consuming ...

Eating meat is hurting the environment - stop consuming so much, top US nutritional panel says
The country's foremost nutrition advisory panel is taking a stand against meat: Americans should eat less of it, top experts say, in order to ...

Teen love shown to be most consuming
BACK in 1965, Cat Stevens wrote The First Cut is the Deepest. It turns out he was right. New research from a joint American and Australian study ...

With legal marijuana, more little kids are accidentially consuming drug
Children's rates of exposure to marijuana have increased, even in US states where the drug has not been legalised.

Australians falling short on calcium intake and consuming too much sodium, survey finds
Australians aren't getting enough calcium from their food and most are consuming too much sodium, a new national survey has found.

Canadians consuming sky-high amounts of sodium, study finds
Canadians are consuming potentially dangerous amounts of sodium and Ottawa must take action to limit those levels, a leading expert on heart ...

13 Causes Of Insomnia, From Work Stress To What You're Consuming
After a long day, the only thing you want to do is crawl into bed for a good night's rest. Unfortunately, for 3.3 million Canadians, that isn't ...

Consuming Walker - AdPulp - AdPulp
It’s Sunday, which means it time to open The New York Times Magazine and read “Consumed,” the weekly column by Rob Walker. Today’s piece is about ...