VCL XE8 FOR PC: HOw to renew the below to solve the fail of compile?

procedure TForm8.ComboBox1Change(Sender: TObject);
begin
if combobox1.ItemIndex = 0 then form2.sg1.DrawingStyle.gdsClassic
else if combobox1.ItemIndex = 1 then form2.sg1.DrawingStyle.gdsGradient
else if combobox1.ItemIndex = 2 then form2.sg1.DrawingStyle.gdsThemed;
form2.sg1.UpdateControlState;
end;

thanks a lot!
0
hots
7/22/2015 8:31:11 AM
embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using 2297 articles. 1 followers. Follow

XE8 VCL FOR PC: How to repair the below because of fail to compile.
procedure TForm8.ComboBox1Change(Sender: TObject); begin if combobox1.ItemIndex = 0 then form2.sg1.DrawingStyle.gdsClassic else if combobox1.ItemIndex = 1 then form2.sg1.DrawingStyle.gdsGradient else if combobox1.ItemIndex = 2 then form2.sg1.DrawingStyle.gdsThemed; form2.sg1.UpdateControlState; end; What is the (error) message that the compiler is giving you? hots wally wrote: > procedure TForm8.ComboBox1Change(Sender: TObject); > begin > if combobox1.ItemIndex = 0 then form2.sg1.DrawingStyle.gdsClassic > else if combobox1.ItemIndex = 1 then > form2.sg1.DrawingS...

Delphi XE8 Send Notification from Parse using VCL app
Hello, I am learning the new Baas technology with XE8. I created a small app to receive notification on Android mobiles using Parse. Everything is working fine when the notification message is sent from Parse web site. However when my VCL app send the notification with BackendPush component, nothing is coming in mobile phone. The messages are sending correctly because I can see them on Parse site. Their status is different than the one sent from Parse . Here are my VCL messages Status on Parse: Type: API, target: Chanels. When sent on Parse site: Type : Campaign, Target: Everyone...

Spreadsheet component for use in Delphi VCL 2010
Good day I have been using the Flexcel component for reading and writing Excel spreadsheets in my Delphi VCL projects for some while and have been very happy. Unfortunately, though, a version for use with Excel 2007 format files (.XLSX) has been promised for years now but just never arrives and I have reached a stage where I just have to update some of my software. Can any body suggest alternatives and comment on their experience with these? I have no objection to buying a component although all my programs are for academic use by myself and colleagues/friends so cheaper would...

Which VCL to use
Hello guys, May i know what VCL Components avaiable to do the following task I'me having advertisement magazine published every week. We publish text and image advertisement. We use Adobe InDeisign to design the pages in the magazine. Now we need to make software to reduce the time in designing. My magazine page size is 30 x 100 cm. We are going to make a software that will take details of advertisements from the user and align on the page. And with one click of a button the program gives output in pdf, jpg or whatever format. The program should automatically adjust the a...

Actuall thread about vcl classes / components in C++ for use with delphi...
Hi All, I wanted to follow the topic that appears as a 'sub-thread' above... suspecting it would die... I'm sure many of us are interested in this topic. ( by 'sure' I mean absolutely certain...) It also brings to my mind the question, does anyone know of any references for us semi-delphi-literate C++ programmers that would like to read/write/modify delphi stuff? Thanks Everyone, (you know who you are... B) Bruce ...

Delphi IS the VCL
Delphi IS the VCL! Oh, wait... sorry. I meant Winforms, not VCL. What was I thinking? I know! they got me too. Don't know what I was thinking. :) > {quote:title=Jay Faubion wrote:}{quote} > Delphi IS the VCL! > > Oh, wait... sorry. I meant Winforms, not VCL. > > What was I thinking? Jay Faubion wrote: > Delphi IS the VCL! > TButton Forever! ;-) W Jay Faubion wrote: > What was I thinking? Wasn't it called CLX ? Turbo Vision -> OWL -> VCL -> CLX -> Winforms -> ...... (to be continued) -- ...

Delphi 6
In preparation for applying a bug fix to one of the VCL modules (AxCtrls.pas), I have been trying to compile the original source code for the module in order to reproduce exactly the existing dcu. I have copied AxCtrls.pas to an empty directory, and have found that doing: dcc32 -q AxCtrls -$D- -$L- gives me a dcu which is identical in size to the one on Delphi6/Lib, with identical contents except for a few bytes near the beginning, which I assume are a compliation timestamp. However, I have been unsuccessful in duplicating the debug dcu in Delphi6/Lib/Debug. Using "-$D+ -$L+&q...

XE8 VCL FOR PC(win7): a warning window occur when I open the project
Hi, I want open the project and I don't expect a security window occurs when I open it, how can I do with the code? Seems about UAC? I expect I open the projcet automatically using the Administrator privileges, and the warning form disappear. thanks a lot! hots wrote: > I want open the project and I don't expect a security window > occurs when I open it, how can I do with the code? What so you mean? > I expect I open the projcet automatically using the Administrator > privileges, and the warning form disappear. That would be true only if you are running...

Ann: ESBPCS for VCL v6.6.0
*ESBCS for VCL v6.6* is now available - and this includes support for the just released Delphi XE8 :) This is a free upgrade for existing customers. If you don't own a copy, go to the site and grab a trial version - ESBPCS for VCL supplies a huge collection of Components and Routines aimed at making Data Entry and Manipulation easier for the Developer and their customers. http://www.esbconsult.com/esbpcs Also the subsets: *ESBPCS-Lite for VCL*, *ESBPCS-Calcs for VCL*, *ESBPCS-Dates for VCL* and *ESBPCS-Stats for VCL* have been updated. -- Glenn Crouch mailto:glenn@esbconsult.c...

dll fails when compiled with delphi 2010, but works with delphi 7
I may be doing good if someone can just point me to the right forum I have not created a dll for some time and have not written one with 2010 before. The dll I am creating will be called as a cfx function by either a ColdFusion or BlueDragon webserver. I have written cfx DLLs in the past. The function declaration is below, it is the standard declaration from ColdFusion or Bluegradon documention on creating a CFX. procedure ProcessTagRequest(Request: TCFXRequest); export; cdecl; Since this was the first time using 2010 I wrote a very basic function to build off that was not much mor...

Attempting to compile Delphi 5 code in Delphi XE5 is failing
Greetings All, If I'm not in the correct formum please tell me which one I should be in. Just upgraded to Delphi XE5 and am attempting to compile one of my Delphi 5 projects. I used Interbase Express I use either TDataSource -> TCDSProvider -> TDataSetProvider -> TIBQuery or TDataSource -> TClientDataSet -> TDataSetProvider -> TIBQuery Also used TIBDatabase, TIBTransaction, and TIBStoredProc I open the smallest project I have and click compile and almost immediately I receive this error Checking project dependencies... Compiling CITranEngine.dproj...

Using VCL in DLL
I get a third-party VCL. It can be used in visible form but putting the VCL control on it. However, now I want to escapule it into a DLL, but the DLL does not has a form, then how to do that? Chongwei Chen wrote: > I get a third-party VCL. It can be used in visible form but putting > the VCL control on it. However, now I want to escapule it into a DLL, > but the DLL does not has a form, then how to do that? Is it a control (something that requires a Twincontrol as Parent) or is it a (non-visual) component? The latter can usually created without problems in code using nil a...

VCL bug affects many VCL components
I am posting here because I have had little success in a technical newsgroup in raising the profile of what I consider to be a significant VCL bug. And I would like to know if I am alone in thinking it important, because in that case I can just get on with working around it as best I can. The bug is that any component with a SaveToFile method can fail to write all or part of the file, and then not raise any exception. It's reported in QC 80148, and I have hopefully now fixed the (well-deserved) criticism of my original report. The problem is that SaveToFile methods generally crea...

VCL initialization sequence for a non-VCL executable
Hi all, I've tried the new Application Appearance feature, very cool to use. As I see, the only effect id to add change the application .cpp file to manage the line TStyleManager::TrySetStyle("Luna"); This is working fine when using an exe create for a project type "VCL Form Application - Cpp Builder". But, it's not working When using an exe created another IDE. When I try to use the line mentioned above, I get the error message "Style "Luna" not found". What should be done / called so it still works, in ...

Web resources about - VCL XE8 FOR PC: HOw to renew the below to solve the fail of compile? - embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using

Compile (publisher) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Compile was a Japanese videogame developer, most notable for having developed the Puyo Puyo series, based on their Madou Monogatari franchise, ...

Information Is Power: Facebook Develops ThreatData To Compile Data On Web Threats
Part of being able to combat malware, phishing, and other online threats is gathering and consolidating as much data on those threats as possible, ...

Credit Suisse compiles yuan winners and losers list: report
... the lowers. A list of Australian winners and losers from the decision by China’s government to devalue the renminbi has reportedly been compiled ...

Beijing residents compile own death toll in flooding
Beijing residents fed up with a lack of official updates are compiling their own death tolls for last weekend's deadly floods in the capital, ...

New report compiles 25 years of UFO sightings in Canada
A Winnipeg group called Ufology Research has compiled and analyzed reported sightings of UFOs across Canada over the last 25 years.

China's nat'l library to compile book on Diaoyu Islands
China's nat'l library to compile book on Diaoyu Islands People's Daily Online ... States, Australia and the United Kingdom. The book is aimed ...

Googlers compile holiday search tips in rap video to help Santa with flight
Google is in full holiday swing (what, you haven't heard?). They just posted, on YouTube, a rap video that was put together by its employees, ...

Popular Dating Site Compiles 15 Stupid Reasons To Date A Lawyer
A new listicle describes a really horrible person to date and then says, “we think lawyers are probably this awful, go date them!” Continue ...

Author Compiles Lively L.A. Times History Lesson
Long before Eli Broad , Rupert Murdoch and people willing to pay $140 million for the Las Vegas Review-Journal, there was Harrison Gray Otis ...

Japan, China compile written pledge to improve ties ahead of summit
Japan and China reached a rare written agreement on Nov. 7 to improve relations strained by a territorial dispute over the Senkaku Islands in ...