Using TTrayIcon Component in BDS 2006 in Delphi 2010 [Edit]

This message is no longer available.
0
Richard
7/18/2010 12:28:08 PM
embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using 2297 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Spreadsheet component for use in Delphi VCL 2010
Good day I have been using the Flexcel component for reading and writing Excel spreadsheets in my Delphi VCL projects for some while and have been very happy. Unfortunately, though, a version for use with Excel 2007 format files (.XLSX) has been promised for years now but just never arrives and I have reached a stage where I just have to update some of my software. Can any body suggest alternatives and comment on their experience with these? I have no objection to buying a component although all my programs are for academic use by myself and colleagues/friends so cheaper would...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

To use or not to use Delphi

Problem using InstallAware 7 CodeGear Special Edition with Delphi 2010 [Edit]
Hi Everyone, I am trying to create an installation disk for my delphi 2010 application using the installAware that kind of comes with Delphi 2010. When I try to built it, it keeps giving me the error message:- No files matching pattern "C:\Windows\system32\\*120.bpl" and when I look into my windows\system32 folder, there the files with extension *.bpl end with *140.bpl and not *120.bpl like it was expected. Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong or how I can get around this. Thanks in advance. Edited by: Tat Hon Chu on Dec 3, 2009 12:55 AM > {quo...

How to use IThumbnailProvider in Delphi 2010? [Edit]
Hello, I try to use IThumbnailProvider for getting thumbnail from the file. I can not get ThumbnailProvider, the result of the line "result := fileShellItem.BindToHandler(nil, BHID_ThumbnailHandler, IID_IThumbnailProvider, thumbProvider );" is always false. Could someone help me? Regards Eric P.S. I use Win7/64 type {$EXTERNALSYM IThumbnailProvider} IThumbnailProvider = interface(IUnknown) ['{e357fccd-a995-4576-b01f-234630154e96}'] function GetThumbnail(cx : uint; out hBitmap : HBITMAP; out bitmapType : dword):HRESULT;stdcall; end; const ...

Using WordApplication in Delphi 2010 [Edit]
Hello Everyone, I am having a problem with WordApplicatio component. I am using Delphi 10. I can get the WordApplication to open with the Document template that I select, but Word is behind my app and when I close Word I get an RPC Server not available errror and after that a pointer violation and then access violations until I reset the IDE. Here is the code I am using: procedure TTestLetterForm.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); var FileName: oleVariant; begin //Letter2Report.Print; if OpenDialog.Execute = True then begin FileName := OpenDialog.Fil...

12.1.20 how to build using latest TMS components & TMS html5 components in Delphi 2010
There are some installation issues that can be easily worked around.... 1) missing iw12tmsd2010se.groupproj from latest tms pro script edition release 2) missing iw12tmsded2010.dproj/dpk just take iw11 version , rename , change all iw11 refs to iw12 , and 110_140 to 120_140 3) iw12tmsxlsd2010.dpk and iw12tmsxlsd2009.dpk require IW11tmsgridd20** bpls edit .dpk to fix 4) iwtmsbase,iwtmscalulatinglabel,wisidenavbar,iwexchangebar,iwadvselector ..pas files use system.UITYPES This is not a delphi 2010 unit. removed and all refs built... 5) IW html5base uses system.UI...

Cannot use Microsoft Excel when a Delphi application that uses automat. run [Edit]
Dear all, I built an application that connect to an Excel file using a OleObject: Excel := CreateOleObject('Excel.Application'); LCID := GetUserDefaultLCID; all works fine but I cannot use Microsoft Excel externally when my application is running. If I try to open another xls file, Excel tries to open the file in my Delphi application in read only mode. It does not even show it properly but opens a weir transparent application. I just want to be able to use Excel externally and I'd like the instance opened by my Delphi application to be independent from other Exc...

Debugging in Delphi XE2 using another Delphi BDS process as host
Hi I've been using delphi a long time And I always had the possibility of debbuging Packages using another Delphi process as host. This is very useful to test the design-time side of packages. Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host Application or Attach to process Any ideas? Thanks Plp Pedro wrote: > Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host > Application or Attach to process What exactly are you having trouble with? Error messages, unexpected behavior, etc. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Hi Remy ...

Actuall thread about vcl classes / components in C++ for use with delphi...
Hi All, I wanted to follow the topic that appears as a 'sub-thread' above... suspecting it would die... I'm sure many of us are interested in this topic. ( by 'sure' I mean absolutely certain...) It also brings to my mind the question, does anyone know of any references for us semi-delphi-literate C++ programmers that would like to read/write/modify delphi stuff? Thanks Everyone, (you know who you are... B) Bruce ...

Can anyone recommend a package/component to use Sqlite in Delphi 2010
Hi I moved from Lazarus/FPC where I used Zeoslib with Sqlite databases which worked great, no dependencies except 1 dll,small exe, and no bloat. Having decided to do the decent thing I bought Delphi 2010 PRO, as opposed to using one of the millions of Delphi versions off the internet. Unfortunately I have not been able to install the latest Zeoslib releases although they claim to work with Delphi 2010. I have tried SqlitePass which looks promising but again no install with Delphi 2010. If anyone could suggest how to embed sqlite into Dephi 2010 I would be extremely grateful. Would it no...

Delphi 2010 Uses Clause Does Not Auto Update When Adding Components to Form
For no reason my Delphi 2010 IDE has developed a bug. When I drop a button or label onto the form the uses clause does not automatically get updated with StdCtrls. This happens with all components. Anytime I drop a component on a form the uses clause doesn't updated with the new units. I have rebooted my machine, didn't work. I have gone into Add Remove Programs and did a repair, didn't work. How do I get the IDE to work properly when I drop components onto forms? Michael Riley wrote: > For no reason my Delphi 2010 IDE has developed a bug. When I drop a > button or...

delphi 2006 code in delphi 2010

Web resources about - Using TTrayIcon Component in BDS 2006 in Delphi 2010 [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using