TWebBrowser in Delphi 2009 [Edit]

I'm having a strange problem with TWebBrowser in Delphi 2009.

If you take a TWebBrowser from the palette, put it on a form, then it works :)

However, if you put the TWebBrowser control and put it on a form, and then open the form as a child window, it does not work. By 'child' window I don't mean anything to do with MDI; rather I mean opening one form almost as a control onto another (in order words, a Petzold 'child'). Code showing how this is done is posted below.

This has not been a problem in earlier versions of Delphi. Something has changed. If someone could let me know what I can do to get around this I'd be grateful. My efforts today have failed to find a solution.

This code opens the window correctly, but the ouoWeb TWebBrowser control does absolutely nothing. Call navigate(...) and no exception is raised but it does nothing.

myWeb := TCCBase.create(myOwningForm);
myWeb.aPanel := myOwningForm.myPanel;
myWeb.snapToPlace(); // align and make visible

// web browser will now do nothing, but will work if you open TCCBase as an ordinary floating TForm

type
	TCCBase = class(TForm)
	private
	protected
		procedure CreateParams(var Params: TCreateParams); override;
	public
		ouoWeb: TWebBrowser;
		aPanel: TPanel;
		procedure snapToPlace();
end;

procedure TCCBase.CreateParams(var Params: TCreateParams);
begin
	// Make this window a child window. It makes no difference if this code is in or out
	Params.style := Params.Style or WS_CHILD;
	inherited CreateParams(Params);
end;

procedure TCCBase.snapToPlace;
begin
	// Line the window up with the parent (usually a panel)
	align := alClient;
	borderstyle := bsNone;
	BorderIcons := [];
	parent := aPanel;
	position := poDefault;
	visible := TRUE;
end;

Edited by: Pete Williams on Mar 17, 2009 11:36 AM
0
Pete
3/17/2009 6:37:11 PM
embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using 2297 articles. 1 followers. Follow

It turns out this problem is timing related, and it's a difference in Delphi 2009.

What you have to do is wait for the TWebBrowser control to be instantiated. From the showWindow event, the first time this event fires, I post another message to the child window. On this message received I can safely navigate to the web page.

If you try to navigate() before this it doesn't work.
0
Pete

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

can i use delphi 2007 bpls in delphi 2009

Delphi 2010 produces much larger binaries than Delphi 2009 [Edit]
When I compile my project with Delphi 2010 the resulting executable is about 30% larger than the one compiled with Delphi 2009. Both binaries are compiled with the same source code and project options. The size of individual DCU files increases by 5-20%. Has anybody experienced similar results? Has anybody an idea what could cause this? It surprises me, as the changes in syntax and VCL have not been that big. Best regards, Joachim Edited by: Joachim Marder on Sep 25, 2009 6:07 AM "Joachim Marder" wrote in message news:166152@forums.codegear.com... > When I compi...

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Issue with TWebBrowser(Delphi 2009) when using explorer 9
Hi, I am facing a strange issue when using TWebBrowser with Delphi 2009 and Explorer 9. What I am trying to do is loading a html page and then printing it. But if Explorer version is 9, then even the scroll bar of the window get printed and also if the document is more than one page, only what is visible at the window is getting printed !!! this issue is only reproducable if explorer 9 used along with delphi 2009. other versions of explorer work fine. Is this because delphi 2009 is not compatible with Explore r 9 ????? Code is as below. WebBrowser1.ControlInterface.ExecWB(OLECMDID_PRINT...

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

is there a Delphi 2007

Delphi 2009 alongside Delphi 2007

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2009 Conversion

Web resources about - TWebBrowser in Delphi 2009 [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using

Getting TWebBrowser on iOS to zoom
... := TUIWebView.Create; FWebView.setScalesPageToFit(true); // Add this line of code FDelegate := TiOSWebViewDelegate.Create; FDelegate.SetWebBrowser(Self); ...

Embarcadero AppMethod: another route to cross-platform mobile, now with C++ support
Embarcadero has updated AppMethod, its IDE for cross-platform mobile and desktop applications. The IDE now supports C++, and as a special offer, ...