thanks
0
daniel
2/24/2012 5:43:35 AM
embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using 2297 articles. 1 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=daniel Legrand wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
> Any ideas about,
> can TWebBrowser display HTML5 pages?
>
> thanks

TWebBrowser is dependent on the Internet Explorer version, so maybe you can install IE 10 preview?
Or you could download Google Chrome plugin for Internet Explorer (or something like that).

Or even better: use Chromium embedded: a couple of dll's and you have the best browser (Google Chrome)
embedded in you Delphi app!
http://code.google.com/p/delphichromiumembedded/
0
andre
2/24/2012 8:23:46 AM
andre mussche wrote:

> Or even better: use Chromium embedded: a couple of dll's and you have
> the best browser (Google Chrome) embedded in you Delphi app!
> http://code.google.com/p/delphichromiumembedded/

Chromium embedded doesn't require the Chrome browser to be installed in
the client PC, the whole browser engine is in the DLLs, right?

ain
0
Ain
2/24/2012 10:23:49 AM
> Chromium embedded doesn't require the Chrome browser to be installed in
> the client PC, the whole browser engine is in the DLLs, right?

Yep!
Nice and easy! :-)
0
andre
2/24/2012 11:19:47 AM
> {quote:title=andre mussche wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=daniel Legrand wrote:}{quote}
> > Hello,
> > Any ideas about,
> > can TWebBrowser display HTML5 pages?
> >
> > thanks
>
> TWebBrowser is dependent on the Internet Explorer version, so maybe you can install IE 10 preview?
> Or you could download Google Chrome plugin for Internet Explorer (or something like that).
>
> Or even better: use Chromium embedded: a couple of dll's and you have the best browser (Google Chrome)
> embedded in you Delphi app!
> http://code.google.com/p/delphichromiumembedded/
0
Daniel
2/24/2012 8:23:01 PM
> {quote:title=andre mussche wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=daniel Legrand wrote:}{quote}
> > Hello,
> > Any ideas about,
> > can TWebBrowser display HTML5 pages?
> >
> > thanks
>
> TWebBrowser is dependent on the Internet Explorer version, so maybe you can install IE 10 preview?
> Or you could download Google Chrome plugin for Internet Explorer (or something like that).
>
> Or even better: use Chromium embedded: a couple of dll's and you have the best browser (Google Chrome)
> embedded in you Delphi app!
> http://code.google.com/p/delphichromiumembedded/

Thanks,
I am not a real fan of Google browsers/google stuff, I never liked Chrome. I prefer to stick on my TWebBrowser.
Any ideas about how good or bad it does support HTML5?
0
daniel
2/27/2012 5:42:07 AM
> Thanks,
> I am not a real fan of Google browsers/google stuff, I never liked Chrome. I prefer to stick on my TWebBrowser.
> Any ideas about how good or bad it does support HTML5?

Really? You must be the only person in the world who prefers Internet
Explorer to Chrome!

TWebBrowser uses Internet Explorer DLLs, so it supports precisely as
much of HTML5 as whatever version of Internet Explorer you currently
have installed on your PC. Both Firefox and Chrome support more
HTML5 features than IE - IE won't fully support HTML5 until IE10
is released, and this won't be available on all Windows platforms.

cheers,

Chris
1
Chris
2/27/2012 9:19:46 PM
> {quote:title=Chris Morgan wrote:}{quote}
> > Thanks,
> > I am not a real fan of Google browsers/google stuff, I never liked Chrome. I prefer to stick on my TWebBrowser.
> > Any ideas about how good or bad it does support HTML5?
>
> Really? You must be the only person in the world who prefers Internet
> Explorer to Chrome!
>
> TWebBrowser uses Internet Explorer DLLs, so it supports precisely as
> much of HTML5 as whatever version of Internet Explorer you currently
> have installed on your PC. Both Firefox and Chrome support more
> HTML5 features than IE - IE won't fully support HTML5 until IE10
> is released, and this won't be available on all Windows platforms.
>
> cheers,
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the response.
I use Firefox for web browsing not the internet explorer because I ain't a fan of that either.
The problem with Firefox is that,
there is currently no way to use it in Delphi as far as I know.
Yes ,
As a browser,
I do not like Chrome.
To integrate Chrome into my Delphi application is another question which I do not think I am ready for because, I currently have no idea about how it is done and no time to study a new browser.
0
daniel

Web resources about - TWebBrowser & HTML5 - embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using

Getting TWebBrowser on iOS to zoom
... := TUIWebView.Create; FWebView.setScalesPageToFit(true); // Add this line of code FDelegate := TiOSWebViewDelegate.Create; FDelegate.SetWebBrowser(Self); ...

Embarcadero AppMethod: another route to cross-platform mobile, now with C++ support
Embarcadero has updated AppMethod, its IDE for cross-platform mobile and desktop applications. The IDE now supports C++, and as a special offer, ...