Tmaskedit acts differently on win xp and win 7

Using tmaskedit for socsec input. On win xp clicking in component highlights entire 9 char,  in win7 enviornment only 1st 3 light up.  Usiing delphi
2010 with advantage 11.1 db.
0
Andrew
9/19/2013 6:02:32 PM
embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using 2297 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Migrating Eudora 7 from Win XP to Win 7 64
I run Eudora 7 on my current Win XP machine. I'm getting a new Win Pro 64bit computer and want to install Eudora 7 on my new computer and move all of the old Eudora data from the Win XP to the Win 7 computer. I've searched and read, but I haven't found anything that lays out a step-by-step procedure for doing this. I've read that Win 7 won't let you store programs and writable data in the Program Files folder and found several (none of them crystal clear to me) workarounds. I read one fix that said if Eudora is installed in another file - for example C:\My Ut...

Tabs on top saves screen space on Win 7 but not Win XP
I upgraded to FireFox 4 on both my home laptop (Windows 7 64-bit Home "premium") and my work computer (Windows XP 32-bit "professional"). The new feature "tabs on top" allows the tabs to use the same vertical space as the new Firefox menu button on the Win7 machine, but on WinXP, the tabs go below that button so I don't recover any vertical space. Is this an OS limitation of XP? Or can I somehow get the space back. By the way I really like the new look which seems to do a good job of getting more screen space for browsing. The new widescreen m...

Anchors behaving differently between Win XP and 7, as intended?
Hey guys, I recently was trying to track problem I had and noticed that it only happened on Windows 7 (possibly Vista too, didnt had a chance to try it yet). Here's what happened. I have a TFrame that contains two TPanels. That frame is a question to the user, and the app builds a list of questions and create one frame per question. Also in the frame is a memo to display the question and two panels; one for a yes/no answer and one for a percent answer. Based on the type of question, I set the needed answer panel visible to true. The two answers panels are initally set to Visible := F...

Have migration knowledge... win, win, win!
Submit your Unicode Migration Stories for the Delphi and C++Builder Migration Best Practices Cookbook RAD Studio 2009 empowered you, the Delphi and C++Builder developer, to deliver first class, Unicode-enabled applications to your customers. While this important development is opening new markets for your software, in some cases it may have presented a challenge for some existing applications and development techniques, especially where code has included explicit assumptions about the size of strings. We want to aid those developers faced with the task of migrating existing a...

Have migration knowledge... win, win, win!
Submit your Unicode Migration Stories for the Delphi and C++Builder Migration Best Practices Cookbook RAD Studio 2009 empowered you, the Delphi and C++Builder developer, to deliver first class, Unicode-enabled applications to your customers. While this important development is opening new markets for your software, in some cases it may have presented a challenge for some existing applications and development techniques, especially where code has included explicit assumptions about the size of strings. We want to aid those developers faced with the task of migrating existing a...

Crashes when trying to print from datawindow in win XP using PB 7
My applciation crashes when I tried to print. This happens if I use the Printsetup functin to change the default printer and then issue a print. The print functions are really buggy that sometimes it prints and some times not. Please let me know what is the problem here. Thanks in advance Vinod Want to be little more clear about the issue.IT crashes causing a system error only when you try to print to a network printer.The company uses Novell Netware. But if I configure that printer as an TCP/IP printer, then it prints fine. Looks like some kind of a driver issue. We are using Pow...

Need info on Game type graphics using Win 7 64 and Delphi XE
Hi all, I'm trying to educate myself from the bottom up on Game design and programming with Delphi XE, its capabilities and comparison to other languages. Specifically I would like to find a way to incorporate the maps for large sandbox environments into a utility feature that would allow owners of a game to load maps up and move about them, navigating and seeing them exactly as they appear in the original game. Such would be useful for commanders to plan team assaults in games like CoD or Battlefield. Unfortunately I haven't had much luck in my research so far. E...

Win 2000 vs Win XP
I am having a problem with a policy that effects win2k and winxp. I have replaced the shell with naldesk.exe and created a application that is a shortcut to a local app. When the app tries to print from win XP it prints fine when it tries to print from Win2K it cannot see the printer. On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:50:13 GMT, Sorrento wrote: > When the app tries to print from win XP it prints > fine when it tries to print from Win2K it cannot see the printer. are you using secure / unsecure system? -- Marcus Breiden Please change -- to - to mail me. The content of this...

win 98 -> win xp
hi, when we changed the o.s from win 98 -> win xp for the clients we run in some problem : 1. when we try 2 write in date or time field the cursor blink for 1 sec and then p.b app. fall and shut down. 2. the font we used is tahoma and because of the changed it become very small what might be the problem ? thank u ...

Win 7 and XP
I did a clean install of Win7 64 on a seerate partition and it activated fine. When I start up machine it only boots into XP, it gives no other otptions. Using a recovery boot disk for xp shows the other os and lets me boot into it. Both bootini files only show its own OS. Can someone recomend a boot manager that will show both OS's at startup. Do you think MS did not put a boot loader option on the WIN7 as it was supposed to be an upgrade, as it did with the RC and Beta versions. I cant see my earlier post? "Steve" <Me@excite.com> wrote in message news:Xns9C...

XP or Win 7?
How many of you have upgraded to Win 7 from XP? I decided it was time and bought me a 3 user home upgrade of Win7 since I was reloading by good ole trusty Dell desktop, my notebook came with Vista but downgraded to XP so I might put it on there. Is it me but for work related stuff for those who HAVE to stay with a MS Win workstation solution, I'm not seeing the reason to upgrade at work other than the fact that MS is ending support for XP? Support for XP is not being discontinued. Only for SP2 not SP3. SP3 Support is continuing for a while yet. Win7 should be a l...

Can't Register Delphi 7 from Win 7
I recently bought Delphi 2010 Prof. edition and took advantage of getting a free copy of Delphi 7 Prof., which I would now like to use on my Win 7 machine. However I can't get past the Registration Dialog! When I start it up (in win xp compat. mode), I'm prompted to perform the registration, which I do and am told it was successful, but when the Wizard closes, I'm put back to the Registration dialog again! Any ideas on how to work around this??? James OK, so I installed it now on virtual machine (Win XP) within Win 7 and that went fine! The difference is that in the the XP...

Win 2K vs. Win XP Pro
I am considering the purchase of 3 new replacement systems for my company's office. They will network by 10/100 ethernet with 3 existing systems (running Win 98) that are not being replaced. I am trying to decide whether Win 2K or XP Pro is a better choice for the new systems. I would also like to know if Win XP Pro doesn't support NetBEUI and therefore if I will have to bind NetBios to TCP/IP to continue file and print sharing on my LAN. All suggestions and information will be greatly appreciated. [snipped] > Win XP Pro doesn't support NetBEUI and therefore if I w...

CreateIpNetEntry under win Vista or win 7 [Edit]
Hello, I try to use CreateIpNetEntry function but under windows XP it works fine but under win Vista or 7 it fails but it returns zero. I read http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa365866.aspx and http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb756929.aspx but it doesn't work. I don't know if I embed that manifest correctly. I put: {code} #define MANIFEST_RESOURCE_ID 1 MANIFEST_RESOURCE_ID RT_MANIFEST "MyApp.exe.manifest" {code} at the end of MyApp.rc and I create MyApp.exe.manifest {code}<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes...

Web resources about - Tmaskedit acts differently on win xp and win 7 - embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using

Facebook vs Twitter – How Smart Marketers Use Both Differently
The following is an excerpt. The complete article, available in our Facebook Marketing Bible, includes more key differences between Twitter and ...

What Amazing Leaders Do Differently
... to find myself surrounded by some incredible young leaders, be mentored by a few wise executives, and spend time What Amazing Leaders Do Differently ...

Selfiecity - Selfie differently! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Selfiecity - Selfie differently! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Defining targets differently - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Different ambitions, skills and experience in defining targets Free download

Sex in the brain: do men and women think differently? - YouTube
Few today believe women are less intelligent, but some scientists say it's time to accept male and female brains are differently wired. With ...

'Everyone deals with grief differently': Bindi Irwin's rift with grandfather Bob Irwin
&quot;People need to deal with grief how they need to deal with grief,&quot; says Bindi Irwin when asked about the rift with her grandfather. ...

IN GOOD COMPANY: What 11 CEOs would do differently if they were starting their careers again
Steve Atkinson, CEO and Founder, JustRideit.com.au would outsource company finances to the experts. What would you do? Established business leaders ...

What smart customers do differently to reduce bank fees
Low-income households are contributing a disproportionate amount to the banks’ healthy bottom line.

Men and women really do see things differently
FOR any woman who has ever despaired at her other half's choice of clothes, this may come as little surprise - the sexes see colours differently. ...

Brits chat, Americans work, Chinese sleep or shop: How we fly differently
For men, the most pressing issue before a trip is whether the flight will depart on schedule; for women, it’s getting to the airport on time—that’s ...