TBitBtn disabled and glyph

According to the docs, if you have only one glyph, it is used for all states of the button.

However I am not finding this to be true.  As soon as I set the button state to disabled, even in the designer, the glyph disappears.

Am I going to have to work around this (bug?) (documentation error?) by changing my glyph to be twice as wide, a duplicate of itself, and set the number of glyphs to 2?
0
Alan
7/23/2015 2:42:54 PM
embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using 2297 articles. 1 followers. Follow

To use or not to use Delphi

TBitBtn disabled and glyph (XE7) [Edit]
According to the docs, if you have only one glyph, it is used for all states of the button. However I am not finding this to be true. As soon as I set the button state to disabled, even in the designer, the glyph disappears. Am I going to have to work around this (bug?) (documentation error?) by changing my glyph to be twice as wide, a duplicate of itself, and set the number of glyphs to 2? Edited by: Alan Marryat on Jul 23, 2015 10:43 AM Alan Marryat wrote: > According to the docs, if you have only one glyph, it is used for all > states of the button. > > Howeve...

Spreadsheet component for use in Delphi VCL 2010
Good day I have been using the Flexcel component for reading and writing Excel spreadsheets in my Delphi VCL projects for some while and have been very happy. Unfortunately, though, a version for use with Excel 2007 format files (.XLSX) has been promised for years now but just never arrives and I have reached a stage where I just have to update some of my software. Can any body suggest alternatives and comment on their experience with these? I have no objection to buying a component although all my programs are for academic use by myself and colleagues/friends so cheaper would...

VCL Styles (XE3) and TBitBtn (Glyphs are gone)
Hi I'm creating my first VCL-Styles enabled application, and for a while it all went well. Now, a strange behaviour is occuring, and I haven't been able to figure it out. My app relies heavily on TBitBtn's, most of them with glyphs, and some of these are set up during design time. When I run my app, sometimes* the TBitBtn's show up without any glyph. * Mostly this occurs when I add something. This last time, I added a TComPort class variable (to create one in runtime) and that was enough to loose all my glyphs. I didn't even call the constructor, just the declara...

How to disable screenshots in Android and IOS using Delphi XE6?
I tried the below 2 flag secure methods but it is not working. When using SharedActivity.getWindow.setFlags i am getting a blank screen ANativeActivity_setWindowFlags(PANativeActivity(System.DelphiActivity), AWINDOW_FLAG_SECURE, 0); SharedActivity.getWindow.setFlags(TJWindowManager_LayoutParams.JavaClass.FLAG_SECURE, TJWindowManager_LayoutParams.JavaClass.FLAG_SECURE); > {quote:title=Pramod Nair wrote:}{quote} > I tried the below 2 flag secure methods but it is not working. When using SharedActivity.getWindow.setFlags i am getting a blank screen > > ANativeActivity_setW...

How to disable screenshots in Android and IOS using Delphi XE6?
I tried the below 2 flag secure methods but it is not working. When using SharedActivity.getWindow.setFlags i am getting a blank screen ANativeActivity_setWindowFlags(PANativeActivity(System.DelphiActivity), AWINDOW_FLAG_SECURE, 0); SharedActivity.getWindow.setFlags(TJWindowManager_LayoutParams.JavaClass.FLAG_SECURE, TJWindowManager_LayoutParams.JavaClass.FLAG_SECURE); > {quote:title=Pramod Nair wrote:}{quote} > I tried the below 2 flag secure methods but it is not working. When using SharedActivity.getWindow.setFlags i am getting a blank screen > > ANativeActivity_setW...

Is there a way to disable (Turn Off) Delphi VCL Styles at runtime?
Greetings All, I compile my project using a certain VCL style "Smokey Quartz Kamri" Is there anyway at runtime to turn this off from within my application? If so a code example would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike I figured it out. Requires VCL.Themes in uses clause. TStyleManager.TrySetStyle('Windows'); Mike ...

Actuall thread about vcl classes / components in C++ for use with delphi...
Hi All, I wanted to follow the topic that appears as a 'sub-thread' above... suspecting it would die... I'm sure many of us are interested in this topic. ( by 'sure' I mean absolutely certain...) It also brings to my mind the question, does anyone know of any references for us semi-delphi-literate C++ programmers that would like to read/write/modify delphi stuff? Thanks Everyone, (you know who you are... B) Bruce ...

Delphi XE8 Send Notification from Parse using VCL app
Hello, I am learning the new Baas technology with XE8. I created a small app to receive notification on Android mobiles using Parse. Everything is working fine when the notification message is sent from Parse web site. However when my VCL app send the notification with BackendPush component, nothing is coming in mobile phone. The messages are sending correctly because I can see them on Parse site. Their status is different than the one sent from Parse . Here are my VCL messages Status on Parse: Type: API, target: Chanels. When sent on Parse site: Type : Campaign, Target: Everyone...

Delphi 6
In preparation for applying a bug fix to one of the VCL modules (AxCtrls.pas), I have been trying to compile the original source code for the module in order to reproduce exactly the existing dcu. I have copied AxCtrls.pas to an empty directory, and have found that doing: dcc32 -q AxCtrls -$D- -$L- gives me a dcu which is identical in size to the one on Delphi6/Lib, with identical contents except for a few bytes near the beginning, which I assume are a compliation timestamp. However, I have been unsuccessful in duplicating the debug dcu in Delphi6/Lib/Debug. Using "-$D+ -$L+&q...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

How design a COM using Delphi and Using in PB7?
I need some component, So, we want using DELPHI5 to develop a COM or Activex. What type of knowege or Skill I must know it. Can anyone tell us? from DRAOGN Can you explain what type of component you want to create? You may not need to a) build your own, or b) use Delphi. If the component should be used from within a PB application, you ought to use PB to develop it unless it is something that PB does not let you do. regards, Bill DRAGON wrote: > I need some component, So, we want using DELPHI5 to develop a COM or > Activex. > What type of knowege or Skill I ...

Web resources about - TBitBtn disabled and glyph - embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using

Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
MINDS ( Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore ) is a voluntary welfare organisation based in Singapore , that provides services ...

Facebook Disabled Website At HQ, Prompting Employees To Use Mobile
Facebook has been big on dogfooding its employees , and it appears the latest round came when the company shut off its website internally, forcing ...

Facebook Apologizes For Disabling Apps, Launches New Feedback Metrics, Granular Enforcement, Disabled ...
Facebook today apologized for suddenly disabling certain apps last month, saying that it “over-weighted certain types of user feedback, causing ...

American Veterans Disabled for Life Memorial - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here. A well-deserved addition to DC's Memorials.

Oklahoma Restaurant Owner Won't Serve "Freaks, F*ggots, Disabled" Or Those On Welfare - YouTube
Gary James, owner of Gary's Chicaros in Enid, Oklahoma, said, "I've been in business 44 years, I think I can spot a freak or a faggot." He said, ...

New policy to get disabled people into the workplace launched
The Ministry of Social Affairs has prepared the policy and legislation will follow. ABU DHABI // A national policy to get disabled people into ...

Barack Obama dedicates new momument to honour US's disabled veterans
... autumn Sunday in the heart of a city built around monuments to war, Barack Obama dedicated yet another, a memorial to America’s disabled ...

Deplorable exercise in ideology will hurt the disabled
An Australian Human Rights Commission ruling will force the closure of many enterprises.

Donald Trump mocks disabled reporter during campaign rally in South Carolina
Donald Trump is widely criticised for mocking a New York Times reporter's disability, during a campaign speech in South Carolina.

Trump outdoes himself with this mocking/not mocking of a disabled reporter.
... the weaseling and waffling statements of the reporter and not his physical appearance. If you want to say Trump didn't really mock a disabled ...