OfficeXP Automation - some components missing in Delphi XE2 [Edit]

Hello,
we had used the OfficeXP Automation Components in older Delphi Version. We uses for example the TItem Component, but in Delphi XE2 I don't find this (and other components) and so I'm not able to open or  compile the project. The component List of the Office XP Automation Server was in Delphi XE much larger.
What can I do to solve this problem?
Best wishes
Bernhard

Edited by: Registered User on May 10, 2012 6:14 AM
0
Registered
5/10/2012 1:14:59 PM
embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using 2297 articles. 2 followers. Follow

> What can I do to solve this problem?
What if you install the Office 2000 packages instead of Office XP?
(menu-component-install packages : uncheck  Office XP and check Office 2000)
In the past you could mix the two packages in a project but in XE2 not anymore.
You might have to change all the XP to 2000 in the uses and clean your source
and use all automation only with Office 2000.

Greets.
0
Robert
5/10/2012 1:23:02 PM
No response from server..

Edited by: Robert Triest on May 10, 2012 3:33 PM
0
Robert

Delphi XE2 is missing TDirectoryListbox and TDriveComboBox components? [Edit]
My Delphi XE2 is completely missing the Win 3.1 tab with all its components? Is this correct?? I have projects that use the TDirectoryListbox, TDriveComboBox and TFileListBox. Is my Delphi XE2 installation corrupt?? Thank you in advance for any advice. Edited by: Wouter Oosthuizen on Oct 7, 2011 6:54 AM Edited by: Wouter Oosthuizen on Oct 7, 2011 7:12 AM No need to reply. It seems that I had a corrupt installation. I performed a Repair and now my XE2 has the Win 3.1 tab and components. Thank you. ...

FMX file missing error for Delphi XE2 VCL only project [Edit]
Very new to XE2 (and no exact idea what FM is or how it works), i'm struggling to find an explanation for this problem: I have a program that is already being developed for D2007. Ported to Delphi XE2 and unicode being all resolved (hundreds!), i get this last error: " +[DCC Error] E1026 File not found: 'FMXTee.Editor.Stroke.fmx+' (and few others for the same FMXTee unit )". It certainly has to do with 'uses' but i have no FM units in use or needed... then probably some kind of dependencies related to th e environment variables, but what exactly? Thanks. ric...

DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2
HI I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class. After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp. So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component. In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class. I dont know what to do from ...

Debugging in Delphi XE2 using another Delphi BDS process as host
Hi I've been using delphi a long time And I always had the possibility of debbuging Packages using another Delphi process as host. This is very useful to test the design-time side of packages. Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host Application or Attach to process Any ideas? Thanks Plp Pedro wrote: > Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host > Application or Attach to process What exactly are you having trouble with? Error messages, unexpected behavior, etc. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Hi Remy ...

Access to legacy (Delphi 4) Midas server from Delphi XE2 [Edit]
Hello, My company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and uses several Midas servers. It's a really big application (still in evolution, since 1997) , that has been started with Delphi 3. A partial or complete rewrite of this application is planned in a mid term future, and I must study if we can envisage a soft migration of some parts of the software on Delphi XE2 (or XE4), or if a complete rewrite even of the servers parts is required. If a complete rewrite must be done, my boss doesn't exclude to study the possibility of using another development environment to rewri...

Spreadsheet component for use in Delphi VCL 2010
Good day I have been using the Flexcel component for reading and writing Excel spreadsheets in my Delphi VCL projects for some while and have been very happy. Unfortunately, though, a version for use with Excel 2007 format files (.XLSX) has been promised for years now but just never arrives and I have reached a stage where I just have to update some of my software. Can any body suggest alternatives and comment on their experience with these? I have no objection to buying a component although all my programs are for academic use by myself and colleagues/friends so cheaper would...

Problem with printing, using Delphi XE2 [Edit]
I have problem with printing images using Delphi XE2. I have code Delphi 7, and this code work very well. {code} procedure Print; var ImgName: string; rect: TRect; jpg: TJPEGImage; begin OpenPictureDialog1.Execute; ImgName := OpenPictureDialog1.FileName; rect.TopLeft:=Point(0,0); rect.BottomRight:=Point(Printer.PageWidth,Printer.PageHeight); jpg := TJPEGImage.Create; jpg.LoadFromFile(ImgName); Printer.BeginDoc; Printer.Canvas.StretchDraw(rect,jpg); Printer.EndDoc; end; {code} But this code Delphi XE2 is not work, printer print clear sheets. (HP ...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Drag and Drop Component Suite For Delphi XE2 [Edit]
Has anybody updated the Melander Drag and Drop Component Suite for Delphi XE2? http://melander.dk/delphi/dragdrop/ I've fixed a few errors preventing compilation in XE2 but have now run into something I don't understand. I'd thought I'd check here before spending more time muddling my way through. Edited by: shannon matthews on Sep 19, 2011 9:33 PM Edited by: shannon matthews on Sep 19, 2011 9:34 PM My problem was not enough coffee. I've now got the components installed. If anyone wants the updated source... > {quote:title=shannon matthews wrote:}{quote} ...

Using TTrayIcon Component in BDS 2006 in Delphi 2010 [Edit]
This message is no longer available. ...

Problem with Delphi XE2 using parameters in SQL query [Edit]
Hello, I have problem with using SQL with parameters. This part of code works fine on Delphi 2007, but have Debugger Exception Notification in Delphi XE2 with ADOTmp do *//works fine on Delphi2007 and Delphi XE2, date value is inserted* begin SQL.Clear; *SQL.Add('UPDATE Table SET Date = ''2012-04-03 13:13:13'' ');* ExecSQL; end; with ADOTmp do *//works fine on Delphi2007* begin SQL.Clear; *SQL.Add('UPDATE Table SET Date = :D1 ');* Parameters.ParamByName('D1').DataType := ftDateTime; Parame...

Actuall thread about vcl classes / components in C++ for use with delphi...
Hi All, I wanted to follow the topic that appears as a 'sub-thread' above... suspecting it would die... I'm sure many of us are interested in this topic. ( by 'sure' I mean absolutely certain...) It also brings to my mind the question, does anyone know of any references for us semi-delphi-literate C++ programmers that would like to read/write/modify delphi stuff? Thanks Everyone, (you know who you are... B) Bruce ...

Delphi XE2
I'm very excited about the Delphi XE2 update. We have a client server application using Midware from Fpiette. It has served us well for almost 10 years. That being said, Datasnap has been promising looking with Delphi 10 and XE, but with the XE2, I was really excited about the addition of HTTPS protocol being added to the server. The RSA/PC1 works good, but because some of our clients have strict firewall policies, https would solve alot of our headaches, making the application accessible without havi ng to deal with IIS. My problem: I created a test server and defined TCP, HTTP...

Web resources about - OfficeXP Automation - some components missing in Delphi XE2 [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using

Automation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For a hierarchical presentation of automation topics, see Outline of automation . For other uses, see Automation (disambiguation) . Automation ...

Automation World - Covering the field of industrial automation
AutomationWorld.com delivers content for the Automation Buying team, which includes Information Technology and Networking; Operations and Engineering; ...

Facebook Ads API Partner AdStage: Campaign Automation, $6.25M Series A Funding
AdStage , a Facebook ads API partner, announced Wednesday the launch of campaign automation — as well as a $6.25 million round of Series A funding. ...

Facebook ads API partner AdStage announces Series A funding, campaign automation
AdStage , a Facebook ads API partner, announced Wednesday the launch of campaign automation — as well as a $6.25 million round of Series A funding. ...

Automation World (@automationworld)

Automation World
Automation World is your link to the why and how of manufacturing automation. The purpose of this group is to connect manufacturing engineers, ...

Young people don't consider automation issues when choosing a career
... launched a new research study that determines that almost half (49 percent) of young people in Britain are not taking the issue of job automation ...

Rockwell Automation Announces Mobility Co-Innovation with Microsoft
A new mobility co-innovation project by Rockwell Automation and Microsoft Corp. will be demonstrated at Automation Fair in Chicago Nov. 18 and ...

3 Growing Digital Trends for 2016: Automation, Personalization, Gamification.
1. Marketing Automation What is it? Marketing automation is a category of technology that allows companies to streamline, automate, and measure ...

Global commercial building automation market revenues will reach US$45 billion by 2021, says firm
The building automation market will experience steady but incremental growth over the next five years, generating US$45 billion in 2021, according ...