ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity

Hi ,

we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter:

======================================
Connection definition parameters for BDE
=====================================

        DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db
        ODBC DSN= Globalware32
        OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE
        BATCH COUNT=200
        MAX ROWS=-1
        SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8
        SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1
        SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT
        ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE
        ENABLE BCD=FALSE
        ROWSET SIZE=20
        BLOBS TO CACHE=64
        BLOB SIZE=32

I could not find ODBC Connection  parameter with FireDac . So, Can you please help me on this ?

Any sample code ?

Thanks-Brijesh
0
Brijesh
12/16/2013 6:30:52 AM
embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using 2297 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Brijesh Gupta wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter:
>
> ======================================
> Connection definition parameters for BDE
> =====================================
>
>         DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db
>         ODBC DSN= Globalware32
>         OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE
>         BATCH COUNT=200
>         MAX ROWS=-1
>         SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8
>         SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1
>         SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT
>         ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE
>         ENABLE BCD=FALSE
>         ROWSET SIZE=20
>         BLOBS TO CACHE=64
>         BLOB SIZE=32
>
> I could not find ODBC Connection  parameter with FireDac . So, Can you please help me on this ?
>
> Any sample code ?
>
> Thanks-Brijesh

Ask this in the FireDAC group.  The lead developer answers a lot of questions
there and you have a much better possibility of getting an answer when you ask
in the most appropriate group.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)

Delphi XE7 FireDac ODBC connecting to Quickbooks 2015 using QODBC Driver
I have a Windows 32 Application using Delphi XE7 FireDac ODBC connecting to Quickbooks 2015 version using the QODBC driver from Inuit. However, I can connect using Delphi XE6 version with FireDac ODBC driver component. When I try to connect get this error message: Read of Address in module KERNELBASE.dll Access Violation at address . I have try several things even compiling under 32bit and 64bit same error, but compiled in Delphi XE6 it works fine! Has anyone else seen this? Thanks Garnet Hello If you like, you can send test database file to Dmitry dot Arefiev at embarcadero dot co...

ODBC error:[Sybase][ODBC Driver] Connection not open:not connected to SQL database
Aloha, Have you come across this error before? Is it a Sybase error or a Crystal Reports error? Any clues? Mahalo, Lydia Villanueva Management Information Systems Grand Wailea Resort, Hotel & Spa It looks like you are attempting to communicate over a connection that has not been established or has been severed. Have you got any additional information? -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, Inc. Houston, TX See you at the Powersoft User Conference in August - http://www.sybase.com/events/psuc98 ...

Problem to connect to ASA database with WLAN connection
Hi, I develop a pocketbuilder application on a Windows CE mobile. I want to connect the mobile directly to a ASA database on the network. When I try the connection, I have nothing... I wait... For the moment, the database is on my PC and ping to my PC works. Perhaps I have problem with memory or with the definition of my DSN File. DSN File: [ODBC] uid=dba pwd=sql enginename=tlbmobile_proxy Links=TCPIP(HOST=194.124.250.130;port=2638) databasename=tlbmobile_proxy Thanks for your help. Ang�lique How have you started the database engine on your PC? Did you use...

Database connection profiles when using connection caches
My client has been creating traditional client / server applications. I've convinced him to move to multi tier with EAServer. It wasn't a hard sell, he was already considering it. In developing his client / server apps he has implemented a security system on the database based upon the user's database login info - this is complete with roles and such. It appears a lot of people have read-only access to certain tables, etc. He would like to maintain that. However, when connecting with a connection cache I am not using the user's id unless I have a connection cache fo...

How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database?
 How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function  to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database? How can I create one method or function in csharp to be used on all pages or classes when conenction to the database? Please give an example.I have database connections which I am using on each and very page or classes, but I can I put in one page then I just start  calling it?Database connection I am using:   OracleConnection dbconnection;    this.dbconnection = new System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnec...

Unable to connect the oracle database using connection cache
Hi I created a connection cache for oracle database with the following parameters in jag manager In Database connection properties tab: ------------------------------------------- Server Name = jdbc:odbc:xyz ( where xyz is the dsn name created in windows ODBC setup) User Name = bgb password = bgb In Driver properties tab: --------------------------- DLL or class name = sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver JDBC option is checked In Cache properties tab: --------------------------- Enable cache-by-name access is checked I am able to ping the connection cache successfully in con...

How to connect to 2 database using one Connection at a time
Just assume,I have 2 databases configured in single sql server and each database contains one table. Now my requirement is to join these 2 tables which are in 2 different database. This is something like under .\sqlexpress we can see many database like Northwing,DB1 and DB2  etc.... Now i want to join 2 tables from different databases. Here i know the SQL join query but my problem is to create the Connection string....i dont know how to create one connection string that connects to these 2 database and gives me the output.Am trying it in  VB6 ........

not connected when I am connected

connecting to a DB2 database using ODBC
We have made a PowerBuilder application which uses a Sybase SQL Anywhere database. Now this application has to converted to DB2 Universal database version 5.0 for Windows NT version 5. But I have problems with connecting to the DB2 database from within PowerBuilder. On my PC I have installed the 32-bit version of PowerBuilder 6.5 (typical installation) and then I installed the DB2 client application enabler. Then I created an ODBC profile from within PowerBuilder using the IBM DB2 ODBC driver. After I supplied all connection parameters I clicked on the last OK button and PB was ex...

connecting to database in ASA using jdbc
Hi, I am using Adaptive Server AnyWhere 6.0 & I want to connect to database through my java application. I am using connection pool & property file to connect to database. Here is the sample of db properties file drivers=com.sybase.jdbc.SybDriver demo.url=jdbc:sybase:Tds:127.0.0.1:2638 demo.user=dba demo.password=sql demo.initconns=5 demo.maxconns=10 Now I want to connect multi[ple database by providing different url name in above property file. So How do I give different database file name in url. And also when I try to run my application without starting database ser...

Connecting to an MSSQL database using Windows PPTP VPN connection
Hi to everyone,The problems is that I do not understand what to do.I can connect to the network but don't know how to access the database.Any help would be very appreciatedThank you in any case :) MM what you want to do? if you want to connect a remote database then first you have to register you remote database using enterprize manager and then you can access that database.Regards,AvinashPlease don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. I want to connect to a remote databaseThe only thing that bothers me is what is VPN for? I have the IP ...

Problem using ASA 7.0 to connect to ASE 11.9.2 via ASA ODBC DSN
Hi: I downloaded ASA 7.0.2 to evaluate it as a Client to connect to a databse which is installed on an ASE 11.9.2. system (first of all, can this be done?). I am running Win 2K Professional. I have already set up an ODBC DSN which I have used successfully for creating a linked server to the ASE database in MS SQL Server 2000. I also have used this DSN to create a successful ODBC link to MS Access 2000 In this case I created an ASA 7.0 DSN using the same configuration parameters that I used for the the above DSN, but when I test the connection in Sybase Central 4.0 (or in the ODBC ...

Problem using ASA 7.0 to connect to ASE 11.9.2 via ASA ODBC DSN
Hi: I downloaded ASA 7.0.2 to evaluate it as a Client to connect to a databse which is installed on an ASE 11.9.2. system (first of all, can this be done?). I am running Win 2K Professional. I have already set up an ODBC DSN which I have used successfully for creating a linked server to the ASE database in MS SQL Server 2000. I also have used this DSN to create a successful ODBC link to MS Access 2000 In this case I created an ASA 7.0 DSN using the same configuration parameters that I used for the the above DSN, but when I test the connection in Sybase Central 4.0 (or in the ODBC ...

Web resources about - ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity - embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using

TE Connectivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TE Connectivity Ltd. designs and manufactures connectivity and sensor solutions for a variety of industries including automotive, industrial ...

Mark Zuckerberg Goes Into Detail On Facebook Connectivity Lab, Internet.org
Perhaps Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is just a wee bit excited about the Connectivity Lab , the initiative aimed at using high-altitude ...

The power of connectivity
By Keven McCammon, site data center manager, Facebook Forest City Data Center Today we announced that we’re partnering with the Town of Forest ...

Facebook, Internet.org launch Connectivity Lab
... CEO Mark Zuckerberg shed some light on the company’s acquisition of drone-maker Titan Aerospace, announcing the launch of Facebook’s Connectivity ...

Samsung Galaxy S3: Connectivity demo - USB OTG, MHL, bluetooth keyboards/mice, games controllers - YouTube ...
AndroidNZ.net - the best source for Galaxy S3 content! For navigation in the video use these links: USB Pendrive @0:55, 500GB portable drive ...

Mid-2012 MacBook Airs offer improved performance and connectivity
Believe it or not, it's been nearly four and a half years since Apple released the original MacBook Air. At the time, it was revolutionary in ...

Connectivity is key in society
They’re billing it as the place where Lewisham meets Summer Hill meets the city – and with good reason.

BMW to launch new connectivity service
Soon your car will notify the dealer when it’s due for a service. BMW Australia will introduce a new suite of in-car connectivity apps in its ...

The key to a successful hybrid cloud infrastructure? Flexible connectivity
It's becoming increasingly clear that - for most organisations - taking a 'hybrid' approach to cloud adoption makes sound business sense.

Facebook Connectivity Lab promotes access to Internet in remote areas - CTV News
Facebook is giving more details about its effort to connect remote parts of the world to the Internet - and it involves drones, lasers and satellites. ...