Installing a VCL after compiling the 3rd party source

I am about to pull out the little hair that I still have.  I have tried to install a third party VCL, for which I purchased the source.
It compiled just fine and also installed just fine.  When I attempted to test it, by executing a sample program, I received the
following error message: [DCC Fatal Error] Unit3.pas(7): F2063 Could not compile used unit 'ElastFrm.pas', which I do not
understand because when I built the "New Package" option and then entered the ElastFrm.pas into the "contains" box, followed
by entering the registration pas file, it compiled and installed.  What am I doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you might have,   John Shyer
0
John
7/20/2012 9:28:12 PM
embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using 2297 articles. 2 followers. Follow

John Shyer wrote:

> I am about to pull out the little hair that I still have.  I have
> tried to install a third party VCL, for which I purchased the source.
> It compiled just fine and also installed just fine.  When I attempted
> to test it, by executing a sample program, I received the following
> error message: [DCC Fatal Error] Unit3.pas(7): F2063 Could not
> compile used unit 'ElastFrm.pas', which I do not understand because
> when I built the "New Package" option and then entered the
> ElastFrm.pas into the "contains" box, followed by entering the
> registration pas file, it compiled and installed.  What am I doing
> wrong?

Hard to say, we cannot see your screen from here, you know.

Are you building the test program with run-time packages, and if you
do, is the package you installed the component into named in the
program project's package list?

The compiler should give you a bit more detail about the nature of the
error, however. If it cannot compile a unit this means that either the
unit contains a syntax error, or some other unit (or include file) used
by the unit is not found (neither DCU nor source). The message would be
different if it could not find the ElastFrm unit itself.

Compare the search path setting in the test program options with the
setting in the package project options.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :
John wrote:

> It compiled just fine and also installed just fine.  When I attempted
> to test it, by executing a sample program, I received the
> following error message: [DCC Fatal Error] Unit3.pas(7): F2063 Could
> not compile used unit 'ElastFrm.pas', which I do not
> understand because when I built the "New Package" option and then
> entered the ElastFrm.pas into the "contains" box, followed
> by entering the registration pas file, it compiled and installed.
> What am I doing wrong?

The compiler output should have told you WHY it could not compile ElastFrm.pas.
 So what did it actually say?

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

     Thank you for your responses.  Prior to asking for help on this, I did look through the entire "Using Components" file, as well as my materials on Delphi 2 & 5, plus the two Mastering Delphi 5 and 7 books I have and Mr. Konopka's book on VCLs for any sort of information on "installing VCLs".  Unfortunately, I did not find any information that told me to what directories I should copy files.  Thus I simply copied all of the files that came with the source code and pasted them in every directory that w
as remotely linked to Delphi.  Certainly not an elegant solution, but somehow, I lucked out and got at least one set of the files in the proper location.  The VCL, ElasticForm, then compiled, installed and performed as expected.  While I do not like this "brute force" technique, it did work and unfortunately, I still do not understand the proper way to install the files.

     Thank you again for your help.  John Shyer

> {quote:title=John Shyer wrote:}{quote}
> I am about to pull out the little hair that I still have.  I have tried to install a third party VCL, for which I purchased the source.
> It compiled just fine and also installed just fine.  When I attempted to test it, by executing a sample program, I received the
> following error message: [DCC Fatal Error] Unit3.pas(7): F2063 Could not compile used unit 'ElastFrm.pas', which I do not
> understand because when I built the "New Package" option and then entered the ElastFrm.pas into the "contains" box, followed
> by entering the registration pas file, it compiled and installed.  What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thank you in advance for any suggestions you might have,   John Shyer
0
John
7/26/2012 3:04:07 AM
> {quote:title=John Shyer wrote:}{quote}

> I did look through the entire "Using Components" file, as well as my
> materials on Delphi 2 & 5, plus the two Mastering Delphi 5 and 7
> books I have and Mr. Konopka's book on VCLs for any sort of
> information on "installing VCLs". Unfortunately, I did not find any
> information that told me to what directories I should copy files.
> While I do not like this "brute force" technique, it did work and
> unfortunately, I still do not understand the proper way to install
> the files.

Vote for

Report No: 105071          Status: Open
Documentation needed for creating component installers
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=105071

--
Alex
0

Compiler Error in 3rd party VCL
Hi. I get this message: [Fatal Error] wwdbdatetimepicker.pas(99): Unit wwmonthcalendar was compiled with a different version of wwdbdatetimepicker.TwwDBCustomDateTimePicker We have our own local copy of the wwdbdatetimepicker. According to the source documentation, we were fixing a bug in the vcl, so we have something different than the original ip4000 vcl. Now, we've upgraded to a newer version of the vcl controls. Will someone please tell me how to fix this? Detail: IPStudio2007 is now installed in C:\Program Files\Woll2Woll\ipstudio2007vcl7\source Do I uninstall the co...

Will XE4 work with 3rd party VCL components compiled with XE3
After I upgrade to XE4 from XE3 will I need to get all new third party components that have been compile in XE4? In other words, will XE4 work with third party components that have been compiled with XE3? I do not have the 3rd party component source code. Thanks Pat Patrick wrote: > After I upgrade to XE4 from XE3 will I need to get all new third party > components that have been compile in XE4? Yes, just like with any other major version release. > In other words, will XE4 work with third party components that have > been compiled with XE3? No. > ...

How can you Install FMX and VCL package versions from same conditionally compiled source?
I would like users to be able to install both FMX and VCL versions of the hcOPF framework into the IDE. The problem is that if you have domain objects installed into the IDE based on the VCL version of the framework the IDE will keep giving you the error message that "package dclHengenOPFCoreFMX needs to be recompiled". This error makes no sense on the surface, but what is happening is that the VCL run-time package is loaded by the IDE due to the domain package, and because it's based on the same source code units Delphi assumes the FMX package just needs to be ...

Newly installed VCL does not show up on VCL menu
Hello, I obtained the source code for a VCL from the vendor and build a bpl using it. I compiled the code and then clicked the install button on the pull down menu. It said that it installed, and it shows up on the menu of the install packages box, however it is no where to be found on the VCL menu to the right side on the IDE of Delphi XE. What have I done wrong? Thank you for any help you can provide. John Shyer John wrote: > I obtained the source code for a VCL from the vendor and build > a bpl using it. I compiled the code and then clicked the install > bu...

Installing an old VCL into Delphi XE6
I apologize for asking this, but how do I install a VCL that I have used in Delphi 5, 7, and XE into Delphi XE6? I have copied all of the VCL files (.dcr, .dcu, .pas & Help file) into the folder C:\Users\John\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Win32\Debug However, when I click on the “next” button in the Install Component wizard on the tool bar of XE6 and get to the “Install into Existing Package” screen, and I click the Browse on package name button, I get the message “No items match your search”. Do I have to copy some other file to this location or what do I have to do? I am ...

Delphi XE3 3rd party installer
Hi What installer program is bundled with DXE3 and where can I download it?. InstallAware came with DXE2 but I cant see a download for DXE3 in the registered user downloads. Thanks Godfrey There isn't one for XE3 (nor is there ever likely to be- http://www.installaware.com/blog/?p=43) > Hi > > What installer program is bundled with DXE3 and where can I download > it?. InstallAware came with DXE2 but I cant see a download for DXE3 > in the registered user downloads. > > Thanks > Godfrey This is unsatisfactory. Emb has been very quiet about...

D2007
D2007. I tried to install third-party VCL package but when I install the design time package after compiled the runtime package I got the error message: Unable to install package c:\Document and Settings\All Users\Documents\RAD Studio\5.0\Bpl\MyPackage.bpl Why it is looking into that path? Pak Tse wrote: > D2007. > I tried to install third-party VCL package but when I install the > design time package after compiled the runtime package I got the > error message: Unable to install package c:\Document and > Settings\All Users\Documents\RAD Studio\5.0\Bpl\MyPack...

XE5 does not install source rtl, and vcl files (and so on)
Hello, I have tried twice and onto different PC, XE3 was installing a lot of .PAS files Inside this folder and subfolder (for rtl, vcl, .... ) C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\10.0\source\ with XE5 C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\12.0\source is almost empty and no VCL/RTL source files are present (like winapi.windows.pas) ... this is very annoying ... I tried to find another place where it could be, but I did not success... Thanks CAVADORE Cyril wrote: > Hello, > > I have tried twice and onto different PC, XE3 was installing a lot of .PAS fi...

Delphi 2009
Hi All Sorry if this is a silly question answered many times before but does the Delphi 2009 really have no VCL source? And also .. does the Professional product version have the source? Many thanks in advance -- Ed. "Ed Weatherup" > Hi All > > Sorry if this is a silly question answered many times before but does the > Delphi 2009 really have no VCL source? > Hi, No. Trial versions come without source code. Ed Weatherup wrote: > Sorry if this is a silly question answered many times before but does > the Delphi 2009 really have ...

AnsiStrings in 3rd party VCL's???
Hi all, I've been using a 3rd-party VCL called NativeXML. Its a really good, fast and solid XML parser. Unfortunately, the author has suffered a serious accident and has not been able to update or support the package. Therefore it doesn't work, as is, in BDS 2009. It is written in Delphi and uses the standard string data type. When this is compiled in BDS 2009 it does work because the string defaults from AnsiString to UnicodeString. However, in my particular situation, I do not need Unicode support because I have a wrapper class that can interface between the ...

Spreadsheet component for use in Delphi VCL 2010
Good day I have been using the Flexcel component for reading and writing Excel spreadsheets in my Delphi VCL projects for some while and have been very happy. Unfortunately, though, a version for use with Excel 2007 format files (.XLSX) has been promised for years now but just never arrives and I have reached a stage where I just have to update some of my software. Can any body suggest alternatives and comment on their experience with these? I have no objection to buying a component although all my programs are for academic use by myself and colleagues/friends so cheaper would...

Fast Report VCL 4 does not install for Delphi XE2 ??
Hi I downloaded the installation program for Fast reports from the Registered Users download area. However, after running the installation routine - it did not install or register any components into the Delphi IDE (even though the install.txt file says that these will be installed automatically.) The installation I used is called "ID: 28514, FastReport VCL 4 RAD Edition for Delphi and C++Builder XE2". Is there a bug with the installation ? Do I have to re-compile the packages and install manually ? What am I missing ? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.. >...

how to install vcl skin v5.40 to delphi 2009
hi all i finally searched and got vcl skin v 5.40 i have sen help file in that folder to intsall it says that Install / Uninstall Manually in Delphi. Unzip Vclskin2.zip into any folder. Compile Runtime package, the package filename will be VCLSkinRD#.dpk, where the # is the version of Delphi you are installing to. In the Delphi IDE choose menu "File. Open...", then find runtime package VCLSkinRD#.dpk, then click 'Compile' button. Install Design package, the package file name is like VCLSkinDD#.dpk, where the # is the version of Delphi you are installing to. I...

Installing Teechart 2011 VCL for use with Intraweb XE2
Please can somebody explain how to install TeeChart for Intraweb. I am using YeeChart VCL 2011 with Intraweb XII and Delphi XE2. I have the appropriate files from Steema but when I try to compile IW120TeeChart9_160 it needs an icon file. Where is this supposed to be found? I copied and pasted an arbitrary icon file in the source folder and renamed it to the name of the missing file. I also needed (I think) to replace Tee.dcp with Tee916.dcp in the requires list. At this point this bpl compiled. I then went through the same process to get an icon file for DCLIW120TeeChart9_160 ...

Web resources about - Installing a VCL after compiling the 3rd party source - embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

The builder of a south-west Sydney unit block where a young woman plunged to her death during a ferocious fire told a certifier to reduce ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights – 13,000 of them – to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper