How to make a procedure in Delphi? [Edit]

I want to know how to make a procedure in Delphi. I will be calling this procedure whenever value of EditBox, ComboBox and RadioButton(s) change.

{code}

procedure GetName();
begin
    if TForm1.edbName.Text <> '' then

              if TForm1.TComboBox.Text <> '' then

                      if TForm1.rdbPersonal.Checked then
                               TForm1.edbName.Text := Name1 + 'Dummy'

                      else if TForm1.rdbCommercial.Checked then
                               TForm1.edbName.Text := Name2 + 'Dummy'

                      else if TForm1.rdbEdu.Checked then
                                TForm1.edbName.Text := Name3 + 'Dummy'

                      else if TForm1.rdbSite.Checked then
                                TForm1.edbName.Text := Name4 + 'Dummy'

                      else if TForm1.rdbInstitution.Checked then
                                TForm1.edbName.Text := Name5 + 'Dummy'

end;

{code}

The above code gives error and doesn't compile. Name1 to 5 are strings.

Edited by: Jayanth D on Jun 7, 2014 9:19 AM
0
Jayanth
6/7/2014 4:19:38 PM
embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using 2297 articles. 2 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=Jayanth D wrote:}{quote}
> I want to know how to make a procedure in Delphi. I will be calling this procedure whenever value of EditBox, ComboBox and RadioButton(s) change.
>
> {code}
> procedure GetName();
> begin
>     if TForm1.edbName.Text <> '' then
>
>               if TForm1.TComboBox.Text <> '' then
>
>                       if TForm1.rdbPersonal.Checked then
>                                TForm1.edbName.Text := Name1 + 'Dummy'
>
>                       else if TForm1.rdbCommercial.Checked then
> {code}
>

> The above code gives error and doesn't compile. Name1 to 5 are strings.

In general it would help if you told us what part doesn't compile and what is the error message - but its going to you reference to a class TForm1.TComboBox.Text  - should be TForm1.MyComboxInstance.Text

Also it would be more sensible if you procedure was part of the form
{code}
  TForm1 = class(TForm)
    edbName: TEdit;
    MyComboxInstance: TComboBox;
    rdbPersonal ...
  private
    { Private declarations }
     procedure GetName;
  public
    { Public declarations }
  end;

procedure TForm1.GetName;
begin
   if  edbName.Text <> '' then

              if MyComboxInstance.Text <> '' then // <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<was wrong here

                      if rdbPersonal.Checked then
                               edbName.Text := Name1 + 'Dummy'

end;
{code}
--
Linden
"Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source"

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

delphi Win32 using delphi .NET dll

Cannot use Microsoft Excel when a Delphi application that uses automat. run [Edit]
Dear all, I built an application that connect to an Excel file using a OleObject: Excel := CreateOleObject('Excel.Application'); LCID := GetUserDefaultLCID; all works fine but I cannot use Microsoft Excel externally when my application is running. If I try to open another xls file, Excel tries to open the file in my Delphi application in read only mode. It does not even show it properly but opens a weir transparent application. I just want to be able to use Excel externally and I'd like the instance opened by my Delphi application to be independent from other Exc...

New to Delphi
Hi I am new to Delphi & want to know good resources for learning to use it. Is there a list of good Delphi learning resources (books/online tutorials) somewhere? What recommendations can anyone make for someone new to Delphi (& only a hobby programmer at the moment)? A couple of weeks ago I started with DelphiXE4 trial & have Googled for a few Delphi resources but I haven't found anything very good yet for me as a beginner. I'm just struggling along trying to learn as I go! (I'm presently struggling with DragandDrop...see [http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17232...

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

To use or not to use Delphi

Problem using InstallAware 7 CodeGear Special Edition with Delphi 2010 [Edit]
Hi Everyone, I am trying to create an installation disk for my delphi 2010 application using the installAware that kind of comes with Delphi 2010. When I try to built it, it keeps giving me the error message:- No files matching pattern "C:\Windows\system32\\*120.bpl" and when I look into my windows\system32 folder, there the files with extension *.bpl end with *140.bpl and not *120.bpl like it was expected. Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong or how I can get around this. Thanks in advance. Edited by: Tat Hon Chu on Dec 3, 2009 12:55 AM > {quo...

Delphi vs Winform
This might be a little techie, but I think most people here are familiar with Delphi to understand the difference between a TWinControl and TGraphicControl. I was trying to create a C# Winform project based on a Delphi prototype and ran into this problem which I posted to some Winform forums ... This led me to an *obvious* deficiency in Winforms programming. I'd like to hear your thoughts. My question to the Winforms forums describing the problem is copied below: <snip> Hi, I mostly do Delphi development but would like to start my next small work project in Visual S...

Hello, we have one Delphi 2005 Professional here and want to upgrade to Delphi 2010, but we are a bit confused. Our distributor in Germany, ingram-micro offers several upgrade products: UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER FLEX RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED ELC UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED FLEX UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT FLEX What do they mean exactly and which one do i need? At the moment delphi is installed on two PCs and we want to use ...

can i use delphi 2007 bpls in delphi 2009

Web resources about - How to make a procedure in Delphi? [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

&#8203;When Chanelle O'Hare went searching online for a deal on potential cosmetic procedures, she could not have imagined that what she ended ...

Old Lady Lawyer: Uncivil Procedure

TSA Updates Screening Procedure, Will Mandate Some Passengers Use Full-Body Scanners
... Imaging Technologies, or AIT, in favor of full-body pat-downs by TSA agents. Under the new mandate, not everyone can opt for the pat-down procedure. ...

Why Are Web Login Security Procedures So #$*&!% Dumb And Obnoxious?
The geeks who design our websites talk a lot about user friendliness, but they often let an exaggerated security concerns get in the way of commonsense. ...