DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2

HI
I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class.
After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp.

So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component.
In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class.

I dont know what to do from here, according the articles on the net, the MaskProp.dcu should be part of the designide.dcp.
I also cant figure out/see what the contents of the designide.dcp is.

Any suggestions is welcome

Thank you in advance
0
Theuns
1/28/2012 3:50:51 PM
embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using 2297 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Theuns Heydenrych wrote:

> I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run
> in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this,
> and is looking for TMaskProperty class.  After a lot of browsing on
> the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the
> designide.dcp.
>
> So i have the design time component in a package that requires the
> designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires
> the designtime package for the component.  In the runtime component
> package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty
> class.

I am wondering if you're really porting from Delphi 7 or if it is
actually from Delphi 5 or earlier. I don't see differences between
Delphi 7 and XE2 regarding the MaskProp unit - in both cases it is part
of the dclstd package.

> I dont know what to do from here, according the articles on the net,
> the MaskProp.dcu should be part of the designide.dcp.  I also cant
> figure out/see what the contents of the designide.dcp is.

The DesignIDE package contains stuff like the Open Tools API
($(BDS)\source\ToolsAPI) that can be used for component/property
editors and wizards and experts.

Since Delphi 6 designtime stuff must not longer be used at runtime and
pre Delphi 6 components that contained designtime stuff like property
editor in the same unit as the runtime stuff needs to be splitted into
different units or one has to use conditional defines to exclude the
designtime stuff at runtime.

Property editors usually depend on units like DesignIntf and
DesignEditors and these units are part of the DesignIDE package. In
order to install your package into the IDE you will have to add dclstd
and designide to the requires clause of your package.
--
Uwe Schuster | Hero of the Delphi 2010 FT
http://www.bitcommander.de/blog
> {quote:title=Theuns Heydenrych wrote:}{quote}
> HI
> I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class.
> After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp.
>
> So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component.
> In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class.
>
> I dont know what to do from here, according the articles on the net, the MaskProp.dcu should be part of the designide.dcp.
> I also cant figure out/see what the contents of the designide.dcp is.
>
> Any suggestions is welcome
>
> Thank you in advance

When going back to the component in question for the Delphi7 version, i could see that the MaskProp unit is packaged in the dclstd.dcp.
When adding that to th required part for the package to be compiled in Delphi XE2, it worked.

Thanks for the replies, i should have thought of it earlier to go and look at the Delphi7 package.

Hope this thread will be of use for some else, let me know if it did.
0
Theuns

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2
Hi, Still using that old workhorse, Delphi7, but am going to the conference in London hosted by Embarcadero on Delphi XE2. Although I would like to "move with the times" and am keen to get the UNICODE and 64-bit support offered by the latest IDEs, I confess to being more than a little scared about all the UNICODE/String/AnsiString and 32/64 bit issues I'm probably going to fall over. Anyone recently upgraded from Delphi7 to one of the latest Delphi IDEs? Thanks, Alain On 03/02/2012 08:55, Alain Dekker wrote: > Still using that old workhorse, Delphi7, but am going to the conference in > London hosted by Embarcadero on Delphi XE2. > > Although I would like to "move with the times" and am keen to get the > UNICODE and 64-bit support offered by the latest IDEs, I confess to being > more than a little scared about all the UNICODE/String/AnsiString and 32/64 > bit issues I'm probably going to fall over. Anyone recently upgraded from > Delphi7 to one of the latest Delphi IDEs? I recently upgraded a sizeable (Paradox) app from D3 to XE2 and was pleasantly surprised. About 20-30 hours once I understood how XE2 works. Andrew -- Andrew Gabb email: agabb@tpgi.com.au Adelaide, South Australia phone: +61 8 8342-1021 ----- Recently moved a lexicographic application from D2007 to XE2 with little pain. As you would imagine, it is heavily string-based, with much use of TStringLists, cuttin...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, after i bought delphi 7
I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? "I embezzled some money from my employer, returned the funds, and then got it back as a bonus. Can I still be arrested?" Uhhh .... didn't you just confess to a crime? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or? Is there any legalization rules of embarcadero products? > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote} > > Is there any legalization rules of embarcadero products? What does the license agreement say? (I don't think I've ever seen a license agreement that has amnesty clauses written into it.) Why do you think you violated the license? Were you caught? Do you WANT to be caught? Do you WANT to be sued? Thanks David that you answer my question, my english is too poor, can you tell me where is written about amnesty in licence, thanks in advance Am 29.12.2011 19:22, schrieb Ivan Ivanov: > Thanks David that you answer my question, my english is too poor, can you tell me where is written about amnesty in licence, thanks in adv...

Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2
Hi All I'm porting a project from Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2 and have notice the VersionInfo "Release" and "Build" not being extracted correctly. Should be "1.2.3.4" but is getting "1.2.6150.4567" I'm using the following to extract the VersionInfo and works ok in Delphi 7 but doesnt get the "Release" and "Build" info when used in Delphi XE2. function GetVersion : string; { --------------------------------------------------------- Extracts the FileVersion element of the VERSIONINFO structure that Delphi ma...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Hi all, in the european union change next year the Bankingformat to the SEPA Format. All peoples and companies must change the bankingssoftware and the costumer data form acountnummers in the new IBAN and BIC numbers. See: http://www.arma-it.de/shop/artikelueber.php?wgruppeid=211&wgruppe_offen=211 Functions: - generate SEPA XML'S - Calc IBAN - BIC Database (DE,AT and CH) Questions: vertrieb@arma-it.de PS: Bankinssoftware for Develpoers (Germany only) http://www.arma-it.de/shop/artikelueber.php?wgruppeid=212&wgruppe_offen=212 El 26/10/13 21:38, Arno Freisinger escribió: > See: > > http://www.arma-it.de/shop/artikelueber.php?wgruppeid=211&wgruppe_offen=211 I'm interested in your product, but it's difficult to evaluate it if your web is only in german. -- Jose Luis Rocha [OfiPro] http://aprendiendofiremonkey.blogspot.com.es El 26/10/13 21:38, Arno Freisinger escribió: > PS: > Bankinssoftware for Develpoers (Germany only) Ok, I have seen this notice in the message. But both XML and SEPA are language and country independent, you can sell your product to developers of other countries (and not only europeans). At least if the product does not has code for german-specific laws about SEPA... -- Jose Luis Rocha [OfiPro] http://aprendiendofiremonkey.blogspot.com.es > {quote:title=Jose Luis Rocha wrote:}{quote} > El 26/10/13 21:38, Arno Freisinger escri...

Delphi XE2 Translation Manager is crippled compared to Delphi 7
Delphi XE2 Translation Manager enables editing only of the properties that were previously saved to the DFM file. That means only properties that were changed from their default values in the original source language form. So if a TLabel Alignment is taLeftJustify I can't edit or even see its value in the translated form grid editor. Delphi 7 Translation Manager enabled editing and viewing of all the properties of a component included in the form. It also enabled editing properties using the Object inspector. Am I missing some definition in Delphi XE2 to enable all properties ...

Debugging in Delphi XE2 using another Delphi BDS process as host
Hi I've been using delphi a long time And I always had the possibility of debbuging Packages using another Delphi process as host. This is very useful to test the design-time side of packages. Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host Application or Attach to process Any ideas? Thanks Plp Pedro wrote: > Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host > Application or Attach to process What exactly are you having trouble with? Error messages, unexpected behavior, etc. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Hi Remy ...

Delphi 6 to Delphi XE2: can't find required package.
We have a Delphi 6 Project Group that we like to work on in Delphi XE2. When trying to build the project, we get the DCC Fatal Error E2202: Required package 'cds' not found. With Delphi 6 we've used the following tools: - JVCL340 & JCL221 - devExpress QuantumGrid 6 - QuickReport (default in Delphi 6) - Visoco Sybase Driver, Devart Oracle en MSSQL drivers With Delphi XE2 (update 3 installed) we're using the following tools and settings for now (after removing Delphi 6 in an attempt to make it work) : - JVCL345 & JCL231 (http://jvcl.delphi-jedi.org/) - devExpress VCL 11.1.8 trial (http://www.devexpress.com/Subscriptions/VCL/) - QuickReport 5 trial (http://www.quickreport.co.uk/) - To make the trial packages work: 'link with runtime packages' is true in the project options - Added $(BDSLiB)\$(Platform)\release and $(BDSLIB)\$(Platform)\debug to the library path in the IDE options Any help would be highly appreciated. > Required package 'cds' not found. > > With Delphi 6 we've used the following tools: > - devExpress QuantumGrid 6 > - Visoco Sybase Driver, Devart Oracle en MSSQL drivers those package don't see in XE2 settings > - JVCL345 & JCL231 (http://jvcl.delphi-jedi.org/) This should not use such (at least SVN version does not) > - devExpress VCL 11.1.8 trial > (http://www.devexpress.com/Subscriptions/VCL/) > - QuickReport 5 trial (http://www.quickreport.co....

Delphi and Delphi for .Net
It seems that Delphi for .Net is slower than Delphi Win32 native applicaiton. I would like to know is it true all .Net application is slower than Win32 native applicaiton or it is Delphi for .Net only. Your information is great appreciated, Inung On 2011-06-21 18:20:17 +0100, Inung Huang said: > It seems that Delphi for .Net is slower than Delphi Win32 native applicaiton. > I would like to know is it true all .Net application is slower than > Win32 native applicaiton or it is Delphi for .Net only. If you are only running the code in the application once then, yes, you might notice a slight delay. THis is due to the JIT compiler transforming the IL to native code. However, if you then time the execution of the same code without restarting the program, you will notice that the time take should be comparable to "native" code; due to the fact that, after the first run, ..NET code *is* then as "native" as regular Delphi code. Joanna -- Joanna Carter [TeamB] Joanna Carter (TeamB) wrote: > However, if you then time the execution of the same code without > restarting the program, you will notice that the time take should be > comparable to "native" code; due to the fact that, after the first > run, .NET code is then as "native" as regular Delphi code. Correction: "should be faster than Delphi code" -- because the jitter is part of the .Net distribution and thu...

Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 conversion

Delphi 2007 RTL in Delphi 7

Migrating From Delphi 7 to Delphi 2010

Moving from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007
Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? Specifically, is there better Vista/Win7/Win8 integration provided by Delphi 2007? (In the project I am already using a custom manifest file for Vista/Win7 etc.. and not the std XPMan component) Does 2007 add any new bugs to the scene? Thanks Rael Rael wrote: > Is there any compelling reason to move (quite a large project) from > Delphi 7 to Delphi 2007? If you are going to upgrade, why not upgrade to something newer? > In the project I am already using a custom man...

Migrating from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE3

Using Indy components with Delphi 7
First question: Should I update the Indy components (I'm using the ones which shipped with Delphi 7, Professional version). Second question: How can I get started in developing an application that will connect to an existing web service for the purpose of receiving som XML data? I need help in what components to use, property settings, and all the rest. I'm having a heck of a time finding detailed, straight forward information. Thanks Jim Sawyer DataWare > {quote:title=Jim Sawyer wrote:}{quote} > First question: Should I update the Indy components (I'm using t...

Unofficial Delphi 7 updates
Anybody noticed, even tried this Enhanced Run Time library for Delphi ? It's a hack of the D7 RTL/VCL http://blog.synopse.info/post/2009/12/20/Enhanced-Run-Time-library-for-Delphi-7 It's very interesting and I'd like to know it's stability. Edwin Ye wrote: > Anybody noticed, even tried this Enhanced Run Time library for Delphi > ? It's a hack of the D7 RTL/VCL This library violates Delphi's license (redistributing of RTL/VCL source files is not allowed). The last post was deleted and I'm sure this one will be deleted, too. -- Andreas H...

Language like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7
Hi I like to make application what will connect to web services(SOAP or REST) and send data to server via HTTPS. I have previous experience with Delphi 6 and Delphi 7.I know that language in Delphi 2009 is changed. Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what have the languages like Delphi 6 or Delphi 7. Additional ,which edition(home,professional ,architect) I should use if i like to achieve my task? Pero perov wrote: > I know that language in Delphi 2009 is changed. That is not true. > Which is the last Delhi(Delphi 2005, Delphi 2009) what > have the lan...

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

Migrating to Delphi XE from Delphi 7.0
Below is my code in Delphi 7.0, this is how to call another units in webmodule... Hello All, I create a web application in Delphi 7.0, using the Web Server Application, CGI, IntraWeb 7.0.15. And I used TIWPageProducer to view like this url "http://localhost/mcr/mcr.exe/main". I built and run. I viewed in thru IIS and it is running... This is my code in Delphi 7.0 .... .... procedure TWebModule1.proMainGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmMain.Create(AWebApplication); end; procedure TWebModule1.proLogInGetForm(ASender: TIWPageProducer; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; var VForm: TIWPageForm); begin VForm := TfrmLogIn.Create(AWebApplication); end; ..... .... Now I Upgrade to Delphi XE.... Below is my Code in Delphi XE and There is no IWTPageProducer instead I used TPageProducer... {*************************************************} unit uWebModule; interface uses SysUtils, Classes, HTTPApp, HTTPProd, SOAPHTTPDisp, WebBrokerSOAP, IWAppForm, IWApplication; type TfrmWebModule = class(TWebModule) PageProducer1: TPageProducer; . . . private public end; var WebModuleClass: TComponentClass = TfrmWebModule; AWebApplication: TIWApplication; implementation uses uMain; {$R *.dfm} procedure TfrmWebModule.frmWebModuleactMainAction(Sender: TObject; Request: TWebRequest; Response: TWebRes...

Pchar for PansiChar
hello, I use a DLL developed in D7 and not have the same sources. I will use Delphi 2010 and the functions do not work function TkmInitialize(LOGXMLDIR: PChar; TkmByExt: dWord): dWord; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dll'; function TkmCreateStream(FileName: PChar; Var Stream: dWord; Var Error: dWord): PChar; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dll'; function TkmLogEnd(Stream: dWord; MediaDuration, MediaPosition, MediaType: dWord; MediaName: PChar): dWord; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dll'; function TkmIsTkm(FileName: PChar): Bool; stdcall; external 'trackbuffer.dl...

Is GNU Gettext for Delphi compatible with Delphi XE2 ?
The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi 5-2009. Thanks in advance lior ilan wrote: > The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi > 5-2009. > Thanks in advance It is, if you look in the forums mentioned in that website http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/ http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/message/3639 Regards Olivier ...

Web resources about - DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2 - embarcadero.delphi.vcl.using

Waterproof components listed for Galaxy S7 on import tracking site
... at least water-resistant – rumors are starting to look increasingly solid. Import tracking site Zauba has revealed several “waterproof” components ...

Minecraft: Pocket Edition receives a new update with additional Redstone components
... fare like elevators. It definitely opens up the possibilities in the already multi-faceted game. The update adds other Redstone components ...

Video explains a key component of the Galaxy S7’s camera
Samsung called out Apple several times on stage during its Galaxy S7 announcement when it introduced the new phone's camera. Now a video has ...

There's more to Lent than fasting: a look at the 3 components of Lenten observance
If you only paid attention to the mainstream media, you would be forgiven for thinking that Lent is all about fasting in response to Jesus' temptation ...

Iran exports heavy water, a nuclear reactor component, to US
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran's semi-official ISNA news agency says the country has exported heavy water, a key component for one kind of nuclear ...

House designed by GENS as collage of banal components
One half of this house in northeast France has a tiled roof and rendered walls, while the other is clad in corrugated plastic and has a chamfered ...

PC, handset component suppliers worry about mounting inventories
Suppliers in the PC and handset supply chains have begun to worry about piling up inventories of parts and components as current demand for PC ...

16 Dow Components Set 52-Week Lows Last Week, These 5 That Bounced The Most
The Dow did not set a new 52-week low last week but 16 components did and these five stocks rebounded by more than 6% above their lows.

Tindie Opens a Flea Market for Tools, Components, and other Gear
... of your hands? At launch, the Tindie Flea Market categories will include Adapters and Cables, Audio and Video, Batteries and Power, Bulk Components, ...