XLSX export without Excel?

I am working in Delphi 5 (yes, you read that correctly, not XE5, but 5).

I need to allow customers to export contents of dataset in our system to
XLSX files without the need for Excel being installed.

I am open to free or commercial solutions, as long as they work.

So far, I have tested SMExport from Scalabium Software and am waiting for a
reply from Mike about some formatting questions I had. While I am waiting,
I would like to explore other options.

So, what options ARE there?

Thanks.
Rich
0
Rich

Rich Ackerson wrote:

> I need to allow customers to export contents of dataset in our system
> to XLSX files without the need for Excel being installed.
>
> I am open to free or commercial solutions, as long as they work.
>
> So, what options ARE there?

Well, I was just about to recommend TMS FlexCel, but I looked at their
website and they have dropped support for older versions of Delphi, and
now support from XE on.  I don't know if they may have a previous
version available that still supports D5, but you might ask.  It's
really good stuff.

--
Cheers,
Van

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad
judgment." - Will Rogers
0
Van
4/4/2014 12:07:50 AM
> I am working in Delphi 5 (yes, you read that correctly, not XE5, but 5).
>
> I need to allow customers to export contents of dataset in our system to
> XLSX files without the need for Excel being installed.
>
> I am open to free or commercial solutions, as long as they work.

try Office XML library: http://www.winsoft.sk/officexml.htm

Erik Salaj, WINSOFT
0
Erik
4/4/2014 12:06:38 PM
Rich Ackerson wrote:
> I am working in Delphi 5 (yes, you read that correctly, not XE5, but 5).
>
> I need to allow customers to export contents of dataset in our system to
> XLSX files without the need for Excel being installed.
>
> I am open to free or commercial solutions, as long as they work.
>
> So far, I have tested SMExport from Scalabium Software and am waiting for a
> reply from Mike about some formatting questions I had. While I am waiting,
> I would like to explore other options.
>
> So, what options ARE there?

XLSReadWriteII 5 works fine here
0
Olivier
4/4/2014 12:16:46 PM
Olivier Sannier wrote:

> Rich Ackerson wrote:
> > I am working in Delphi 5 (yes, you read that correctly, not XE5,
> > but 5).
> >
> > I need to allow customers to export contents of dataset in our
> > system to XLSX files without the need for Excel being installed.
> >
> > I am open to free or commercial solutions, as long as they work.
> >
> > So far, I have tested SMExport from Scalabium Software and am
> > waiting for a reply from Mike about some formatting questions I
> > had. While I am waiting, I would like to explore other options.
> >
> > So, what options ARE there?
>
> XLSReadWriteII 5 works fine here

XLSReadWriteII 5

This component has many bugs, poor documentation and poor support from
the author - who will not respond to your support enquiries and tell
you instead to 'purchase' the component. After purchasing you will find
that support is still bad because the component itself is of poor
quality and difficult to use. I'm a registered user and wish that I
didn't purchase the license for this one. Its expensive too.

--
Steve Faleiro
0

http://www.sqlmanager.net/en/products/tools/advancedexport

They have a trial you can check out.  I have used in past and worked fine
for XLS.

- Lou

"Rich Ackerson" <richackerson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am working in Delphi 5 (yes, you read that correctly, not XE5, but 5).
>
> I need to allow customers to export contents of dataset in our system to
> XLSX files without the need for Excel being installed.
>
> I am open to free or commercial solutions, as long as they work.
>
> So far, I have tested SMExport from Scalabium Software and am waiting for
> reply from Mike about some formatting questions I had. While I am waiting,
> I would like to explore other options.
>
> So, what options ARE there?

> Thanks.
> Rich
0
Lou
4/4/2014 6:16:50 PM
The old version of Flexcel is no longer sold separately, but registered
users of the new version can still download it. Don't know if a trial of
the old one is available though, and not sure if it's actually supported.

Cheers, Bob
0
Bob
4/4/2014 7:56:35 PM
Erik,

>> I am working in Delphi 5... <snip>
>>
> try Office XML library: http://www.winsoft.sk/officexml.htm

I checked your website and see that the minimum Delphi version supported is
version 7. As stated, I am working in Delphi 5. Does your product actually
support Delphi 5?

Also, although your site lists Office XML as a Delphi library, it also
indicates .Net 4.0 or higher is required. For what purpose?

Thank you.
Rich
0
Rich
4/11/2014 3:35:03 PM
Lou,

> http://www.sqlmanager.net/en/products/tools/advancedexport

Thank you for the suggestion; I was not aware of this product. You mention
that it works for XLS. Does it support XLSX? The website only says "MS
Excel format".

Thanks.
Rich
0
Rich
4/11/2014 3:41:49 PM
Steve,

Thank you for the information. I'll skip this product.

Rich
0
Rich
4/11/2014 3:42:56 PM
>> try Office XML library: http://www.winsoft.sk/officexml.htm
 >>
 > I checked your website and see that the minimum Delphi version
supported is
 > version 7. As stated, I am working in Delphi 5. Does your product
actually
 > support Delphi 5?

yes, it works with minor changes:
- comment Variant unit in uses clause
- comment unsupported directives {$WARN SYMBOL_PLATFORM OFF} and
{$VARPROPSETTER ON}

 > Also, although your site lists Office XML as a Delphi library, it also
 > indicates .Net 4.0 or higher is required. For what purpose?

Microsoft Open XML SDK 2.5 and ClosedXML .NET libraries are used

Erik Salaj, WINSOFT
0
Erik
4/13/2014 1:21:50 AM
> I am working in Delphi 5 (yes, you read that correctly, not XE5, but 5).
>
> I need to allow customers to export contents of dataset in our system to
> XLSX files without the need for Excel being installed.

Rich,

Take a look at NativeExcel v3.0. Supports Delphi 4 to XE4. Includes source, and is very reasonably priced. Been using it for years, and it works real well. Can read/write both XLS and XLSX files.

http://www.nika-soft.com/nativeexcel3/index.htm

-Kevin

Edited by: Kevin Kozlowski on Apr 14, 2014 4:36 PM
0
Kevin

Export to excel without third party tools and without Excel on the Application Server.
I need to export a stored procedure in SQL Server to Excel. The stored procedure has two parameters. I need to Export to excel without third party tools and without Excel on the Application Server. Whats the easiest and best way?   p Unfortunately, this is again a link to another forum www.universalthread.com where this topic was discussed and several solutions provided. <B>Re: Create an Excel file (xls)</B> Thread #1304564 Message #1304876 I don't want to copy and paste code, you may want to check this yourself, but you have to become a member of the site in...

Export GridView to Excel (xlsx, Excel 2007 Format)
Hi again, I was looking online for a way to export gridview to excel in Excel 2007 Format (xlsx). I could only find one solution, gridviewtoexcel. Is this the only way to do it? ThanksBullpitThanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! Hey Bullpit,Please, do the following : 1st in the html side of your page write this ... <%@ Page Language="VB" EnableEventValidation ="false"  AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="marquee.aspx.vb" Inherits="marquee" %>2nd this is the vb code protected void btnSubmit_Click(object sender, ImageClickEventAr...

Export To Excel with formatted Text without installing excel on the server
I have the following export function to export data from datatable to excel on the client vai web browser and it works fine but I cannot add any text decoration to the strings. For example, in the code below, the first bolded section name "Header" i am trying to give the lable control with some text and color information but when i write lable with response.write it give me this "System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label" in the cell but the rest works, I need to find a way to put text decoration on the excel programmatically without having to install excel on the server....

Converting Excel 2003/97 to 2007 (.xls to .xlsx) without using Excel
Hi I need to find out if it's possible to convert Excel 2003/97 files (.xls) extension into 2007 (.xlsx). I know this can be done with Office Excel 2007 (in fact, .xls can be opened with 2007 and Saved As a .xlsx), but I need to do this from a server that does not have Microsoft Excel installed. I've searched and found many complete tool for going from newer version to older version as well, but none of them is providing the code for it. Please tell me if it's possible, or if there's a place/site that I should be looking. Thanks Still Looking for Solution &...

Delphi XE 7 & FastReport 5 Where is Excel Export?, Looking to export to Exc
Good day, I have upgraded last year to Delphi XE7. Was on Delphi 2007 for many years and on Delphi 7 for even longer. I noticed that my FastReport package in Delphi XE7 do not have the frExcelExport control anymore? Is it not part of the Delphi XE7 anymore? I did update Delphi XE7 to update 1 as well. Please advise as my old projects are no broken as a result of this. Thanking you in advance. Just to add - my FastReport package was included in Delphi XE7. Did not purchase it seperately It seems that exporting to Execl is not included in the Emabrcadero edition: https://...

Export To Excel Excel
Do we have any facility to export grid data in Excel with using Report Tool. Just a question, Will Response.contenet Type will work here Thanks, private void btnExportToExcel_Click(object sender,System.EventArgs e) { ExportToExcel("Report.xls",DataGrid1); } private void ExportToExcel(string strFileName,DataGrid dg) { Response.Clear(); Response.Buffer = true; Response.ContentType = "application/vnd.ms-excel"; Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", "attachment;filename=" + strFileName); Response.Charset = ""; this.EnableVi...

Exporting in Excel without cells or excel columns merging for one column of data table(need sorting, data filters perfectly)
 Hi,   I have an issue with the excel exporting of the report using ssrs.  I am using only the body section for exporting to excel.  Here in the body i have an Image, Textbox(for Title), textbox2(for dates from,to) and below it i have a table having the columns used for showing the data.  The report gets generated but when i exported to excel, All the columns and rows in the excels sheets come close and its like there is no uniformity.  Few columsn of excel are covered under a single columsn of the data table.  So its making users feel uncomfortab...

Delphi to Excel 2007 (xlsx)
Hi All, Can anyone recommend a tool/component to save to Excel 2007 (XLSX)? Directly from a query/dataset or a grid. Using Delphi2007 Thanks in Advance, --patrick http://scalabium.com/ has an export utility--I don't use it, I use their import utility though--great support. There's a demo on their website. Ed Dressel <Patrick Dohogne> wrote in message news:40132@forums.codegear.com... > Hi All, > > Can anyone recommend a tool/component to save to Excel 2007 (XLSX)? > Directly from a query/dataset or a grid. > > Using Delphi2007 > ...

Exporting to Excel in Crystal Reports .NET
sir,   I want to export Crystal report to Excel and the following is the code i wrote in the button click.ReportDocument rptExcel = new ReportDocument() ;string strExportFile = "C:/Session_SessionID.xls" ;rptExcel = new RptJobOrderRecap();//report namerptExcel.ExportOptions.ExportDestinationType = ExportDestinationType.DiskFile ;rptExcel.ExportOptions.ExportFormatType = ExportFormatType.Excel;ExcelFormatOptions objExcelOptions = new ExcelFormatOptions();objExcelOptions.ExcelUseConstantColumnWidth = false ;rptExcel.ExportOptions.FormatOptions = objExcelOptions ;DiskFileDestinationOp...

button Export to Excel = Right Click "Export to Microsoft Excel"
Ok, I know how to export data to Excel, what I would like is similar to the print button.  You know how you can just add a Print button and the page is printed?  In IE 7.0 you can right click on the page and "Export to Excel", I would like to invoke that command and export the page to Excel exactly the way it looks in the browser.  Does anyone know how to do this? Yes, we are all using IE 7.0 and it is an internal app."From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!" Nobody knows how to do this?"From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!" IT's b...

button click Export to Excel = Right Click Export to Excel
I have code which exports to Excel.  However, I would like to remove these pages and just call the event to "Export to Excel" similar to "Print".  You know how you can just add a Print button and the page is printed?  In IE 7.0 you can right click on the page and "Export to Excel", I would like to invoke that command and export the page to Excel exactly the way it looks in the browser.  Does anyone know how to do this? Yes, we are all using IE 7.0 and it is an internal application.  "From my point of view, the Jedi are...

Export to excel without Response.End () ?
Hi all, Im having problems exporting a gridview to excel. Most of the solutions i found here and on other sites include altering the response  - this has a nasty side effect of generating the expetion discussed here: http://weblogs.asp.net/leftslipper/archive/2007/02/26/sys-webforms-pagerequestmanagerparsererrorexception-what-it-is-and-how-to-avoid-it.aspx - on AJAX enabled pages. To avoid this exeption i popup a new page - that isnt  AJAX Enabled - and export the gridview there. This isnt working very well because the Response.End() stops the page from fully load...

Export Gridview to Excel without Colors
I'm using the following code to export the data from a gridview to excel.  The problem is that the rows in the gridview are formatted with alternating colors.  The resulting excel export has some rows that are white and some that are yellow.  I would like the export file to have no colors...just black text and a white background.  Is there a way that it can be accomplished?  I've tried using "Attributes.Add" without much luck.  I'm doing something wrong.  Thanks.1 ' define a style 2 Dim strStyle As String = &quo...

export to excel without page content?
I am trying to save an excel sheet on the client machine . When I open this sheet using a notepad , then the xml also has the page content . I donot want this to be saved .  How would I get this ? XmlSerializer ser = new XmlSerializer(typeof( <my XMLObject class>)); XmlTextWriter xml= new  XmlTextWriter(Page.Response.Output); Response.ClearContent(); Response.Clear(); Response.ClearHeaders(); Response.Output.Flush(); xml.Serialize(xml, ser);Response.AddHeader("Content-Type", "application/vnd.ms-excel"); Response.Add...

Web resources about - XLSX export without Excel? - embarcadero.delphi.tools

6 takeaways from CNN's Democratic town hall
CNN 6 takeaways from CNN's Democratic town hall CNN (CNN) In a campaign that's been filled with zingers and gotcha moments, Wednesday night's ...

Kevin Smith's Daughter Harley Was Nearly 'Kidnapped' by Fake Uber Drivers
Harley Quinn Smith , daughter of actor/director Kevin Smith , had quite the scary experience! The 16-year-old Yoga Hosers actress took to Instagram ...

Rick Santorum drops presidential bid, endorses Marco Rubio
CNN Rick Santorum drops presidential bid, endorses Marco Rubio CNN (CNN) Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum ended his presidential bid ...

Nintendo’s next mobile game will be on a popular character
Nintendo has just revealed some new but very, very small details about its first ever mobile game, like opening up pre-registrations. Suffice ...

Civil Rights Advocate Mckesson Runs for Baltimore Mayor
Civil rights advocate DeRay Mckesson has joined the field seeking the Democratic nomination for mayor of Baltimore

Cosby case moves forward; deposition a key trial question
NORRISTOWN, Pa. (AP) — As a sexual assault case against actor Bill Cosby moves forward, a key battle will be waged over explicit testimony he ...

Zika virus threat to Mediterranean holidays: UN warning that different species of mosquito found in Southern ...
Holidaymakers travelling to the Mediterranean this summer have been warned by the United Nations that the Zika virus could be passed by mosquito ...

'Alto's Adventure' is coming to Android next week, and it's free
Alto's Adventure was one of the best games to launch on the iPhone last year the beautiful visuals, addictive gameplay, and chill soundtrack ...

Hell, yeah, Amazon should open more bookstores
There is collective head-scratching across the InterWebs about a Wall Street Journal report that Amazon will open as many as 300, or even 400, ...

Toyota Ends Scion Brand – Why Did The Japanese Automaker Kill The Millennial/Hipster Brand?
Toyota has decided to end the Scion brand. The Japanese automaker indicated that the brand’s target audience, the millennial or hipster generation, ...