Writing Standalone Web Server that serves Web Services in Delphi

Hi,
I want to write web services. And I want to host these services in my own
HTTP Server. Then All kind of clients may connect to my web server through
my HTTP Server. Is there any component sets available in market?

Regards.
0
Gurcan

Many ways to do it. here are some
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/0212cantu/0212cantu.html
http://www.kehm.de/henrik/blog/files/a5019da836d29c3cee972f5f62b5a8bd-19.html
http://www.componentsource.com/products/remobjects-sdk-bundle/summary.html

Edited by: Indranil Bandyopadhyay on Feb 24, 2009 6:44 PM
0
Indranil
2/25/2009 2:45:15 AM
Gurcan YUCEL wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to write web services. And I want to host these services in my
> own HTTP Server. Then All kind of clients may connect to my web
> server through my HTTP Server. Is there any component sets available
> in market?
>
> Regards.

I've used RTC SDK with great success.  Solid components in my opinion.
http://www.realthinclient.com/

Bruce
2/25/2009 3:36:10 PM
"Bruce Michener" <bmichene@boe.ca.gov> wrote in message

> I've used RTC SDK with great success.  Solid components in my opinion.
> http://www.realthinclient.com/

+1

--
Kevin Powick
0
Gurcan YUCEL wrote:

> I want to write web services. And I want to host these services in my
> own HTTP Server. Then All kind of clients may connect to my web
> server through my HTTP Server. Is there any component sets available
> in market?
>
> Regards.

What protocol- XMLRPC/SOAP/Binary?

These are the three most popular remoting component packs (supporting
various forms of binary/web services):

REMObjects SDK- http://www.remobjects.com/ro.aspx
Pros:
	Free .NET client (great for calling Delphi from ASP)
	SOAP server
	FreePascal support
	XMLRPC

RealThinClient- http://www.realthinclient.com
Pros:
	Extemely flexible
	FreePascal support
	XMLRPC

kbmMW- http://www.components4developers.com
	Multi-platform
	SOAP
	AJAX stream format

Kind Regards,
Keith
0
Keith
2/26/2009 6:06:12 AM
Thank you for the answer. I will check them.:)

regards.

<Indranil Bandyopadhyay> wrote in message news:85095@forums.codegear.com...
> Many ways to do it. here are some
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/techarticle/0212cantu/0212cantu.html
> http://www.kehm.de/henrik/blog/files/a5019da836d29c3cee972f5f62b5a8bd-19.html
> http://www.componentsource.com/products/remobjects-sdk-bundle/summary.html
>
> Edited by: Indranil Bandyopadhyay on Feb 24, 2009 6:44 PM
0
Gurcan
2/27/2009 3:56:01 PM
Thank you for the answer.
I will use SOAP and examined the RTC.
I think I will use RTC.

regards.

"Keith Blows" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Gurcan YUCEL wrote:
>
>> I want to write web services. And I want to host these services in my
>> own HTTP Server. Then All kind of clients may connect to my web
>> server through my HTTP Server. Is there any component sets available
>> in market?
>>
>> Regards.
>
> What protocol- XMLRPC/SOAP/Binary?
>
> These are the three most popular remoting component packs (supporting
> various forms of binary/web services):
>
> REMObjects SDK- http://www.remobjects.com/ro.aspx
> Pros:
> Free .NET client (great for calling Delphi from ASP)
> SOAP server
> FreePascal support
> XMLRPC
>
> RealThinClient- http://www.realthinclient.com
> Pros:
> Extemely flexible
> FreePascal support
> XMLRPC
>
> kbmMW- http://www.components4developers.com
> Multi-platform
> SOAP
> AJAX stream format
>

> Kind Regards,
> Keith
0
Gurcan
2/27/2009 4:22:51 PM
"Gurcan YUCEL" <gurcan@workmail.com> wrote in message

> Thank you for the answer.
> I will use SOAP and examined the RTC.
> I think I will use RTC.

At this time, RTC does not support SOAP.  Support for it may be developed in
a future version, but it is currently at the bottom of the priority list.

http://www.realthinclient.com/roadmap.htm

RTC is still a great product.  Unless you absoultely must support SOAP
today, I would highly recommend it.  The stability and flexibility are
outstanding.
--
Kevin Powick
0

I am evaluating RemObjects. I think I may solve the problem with it.

Regards.

"Kevin Powick" <KPnobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> "Gurcan YUCEL" <gurcan@workmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Thank you for the answer.
>> I will use SOAP and examined the RTC.
>> I think I will use RTC.
>
> At this time, RTC does not support SOAP.  Support for it may be developed
> in a future version, but it is currently at the bottom of the priority
> list.
>
> http://www.realthinclient.com/roadmap.htm
>
> RTC is still a great product.  Unless you absoultely must support SOAP
> today, I would highly recommend it.  The stability and flexibility are
> outstanding.
> --
> Kevin Powick
0
Gurcan

Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server?
Has anyone successfully used a Delphi web service client against an ENCRYPTED WCF web service server? Which is to say, of course, that the URL would be starting with https. Anyone? ...

How to call web service from asp.net application if web service is on web hosting server
Hi! my question is that how to call web service from asp.net if web service is present on web hosting srver....  Actually i created a web service and configure it in IIS and then call it from other asp.net application it works fine but when i copy that web service to web hosting server and call it from asp.net application it gives the following error Server Error in '/' Application. Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modif...

web web web

Problem upgrading web service client from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE
In trying to upgrade our web service client to Delphi XE we have now get a web service error of Invalid Format. When we examine the SOAP request we see the following differences from Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE In Delphi 7 we get <SomeStuff xmlns="" xsi:nil="true" /> In Delphi XE we get <SomeStuff xsi:nil="true" /> We have narrowed the failure down to these differences in the client request. Is there anyway to get Delphi XE to generate a SOAP request with the xmlns attribute set to blank as it used to be? Hello, > In trying to u...

"Visual Web Developer Web Server" and Web Services
I like the new "Visual Web Developer Web Server" (Do you want suggestions for a longer name!) but I have an issue with using it to host a Web Service. Whenever the Web Service is recompiled and run it ends up with a different port number. Therefore, it seems that any references to that WS in other applications are invalidated and need to be re-established when it's run again. Is there a way of pinning the port number, or am I missing something? CheersNick Grattan, MSDN Regional Director, Ireland. Software Paths Limited. Hi Nick, the internal server is used for local...

Need helps on deploying a web services or web app to an existing web server
Hi people, I am going to deploy a new web service and a new web application to an existing web server, which is also hosting several other web apps. I am told that the IIS CAN NOT BE STOPPED, which means I can not build a MSIs to install them. Looks like only two options I can use: 1) XCOPY 2) Publish the web service or web app through the VS 2008. Can anyone please give me some advices what is the best way to have a deployment without any interruptings and less problems. Thank you.    use FTP to copy files from your system to web hoster system. you ca...

web service hosted on same web server from ASP.NET Ajax web site
Hi,    We have create an ASP.NET AJAX enabled website and an another web service. Both were hosted on same server but have two different virtual directory. I have specified the 'Path' attribute of '<ServiceReference>' element of ScriptManager as 'http://localhost/virDirectory/myWS.asmx" (Absolute path). But when I run the ASP.NET application I am getting error. Same code worked when i moved asmx page to the asp.net application folder and point 'Path' attribute of Script Manager to relative one like Path="myWS.asmx". I have also ...

web service with orion web server
I'm looking for any examples of a webservice that can run on an Orion web server. Specifically, VB.Net 2005 (2.0) thanks...

Web Service
vs 2005,     Hello, I am new to web services and I created a web service locally on my local pc. The service works fine and returns a grid with the records I want. Now I want to move the project to a web server and run the application. I am getting web config error.   What do I need to change to make the web service work on the server?   Thanks for your help.    Fullyii can you post the error message?BruceDiscountASP.NET: Developer Ready ASP.NET Web Hosting- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner- Voted 2008, 2007, 2006 & 2005 Best ASP.NET Web Hosting ...

Can "Add Web Reference" if web service deployed to new web site, Can't add ref if deployed to Virt Server under Default web site (Sharepoint)
I have created a web service wich I can deploy successfully to a new IIS Web, but of course I have to set the port to something other than 80 (and I'd rather just use a virtual server under the Default web). If I try to deploy my web service under the Default Web as a new virtual server, and then try to "Add a web Reference" to the service, it fails with a 404: not found error. Notes: WServer 2003 My IIS server is running Sharepoint Portal Server (SPPS)sp2.  VS2005 Any ideas? /Bob C in GRR In Sharepoint Portal Admin I had to add a Path Exclusion.  Took me a whi...

What action by a web service requires an app to update their web reference to a Web Service
I create a web reference to a web service in my aspx web application which returns an XML object. If the owner of the web service makes a change to their object am I required to do an update web reference? What if I dont use the information from the new object? thanks Larry You should make the change only if the contract b/w the two has changed (e.g. parameters, return values), etc.-Mathew Nolton Website=www.cybral.com Email=mnolton@cybral.com Blog=weblogs.asp.net/mnolton If the web service now returns a new element and my class reference doesn't match their new class ref...

Web service to download Images from web server
Hi,One of my application needs a web service that can download images from the webserver.The images are stored in the webserver and it can be accessed by  giving  its url  like http://..../image001.jpgCan any one give me a sample code for the web service. I have written an application using WebClient  Class.but it displayes the download dialog box with Open, save, Close buttons. I just need to download the images when the user clicks the Download button. A progress can be displayed.  Note : sometimes A bulk of  50 to 100 images are to downloaded in a single clic...

Web resources about - Writing Standalone Web Server that serves Web Services in Delphi - embarcadero.delphi.tools

Standalone software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Standalone Sysadmin
So apparently my VPS machine isn't up to snuff yet? I'm not sure where the problem is, but it's down for now, so I've removed the redirect (and ...

Under the Hood: Integrating standalone mobile app features into Facebook for iOS - Facebook
Facebook Engineering hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Under the Hood: Integrating standalone mobile app features into Facebook for iOS geschrieben. ...

Facebook Messenger: a New Standalone Group Messaging Mobile App Built Off Beluga
Facebook has just launched a new free standalone mobile group messaging app for iPhone and Android called Facebook Messenger . It allows users ...

45 Tips For Patch 0.45 - Tips For #DayZ Standalone - YouTube
45 tips for patch 0.45 of DayZ Standalone. In this video I provide tips for what's new in 0.45. If you learned something, please give it a like ...

Han Solo to star in second standalone Star Wars film, Lucasfilm confirms
Yes, that's right, another Star Wars movie. The iconic Star Wars character Han Solo is to be the subject of the second standalone Star Wars spin-off ...

Canberra needs a standalone fringe festival
A fringe festival for Canberra would provide an excellent opportunity for a program of good-quality music reflecting the innovative and stimulating ...

Frag Reel Friday: DayZ Standalone, Battlefield 4
It's been too long since we've celebrated some of the funniest and freakiest frag videos on the internet.

Standalone camera: Shot (Dead) By iPhone
It is hard to miss Apple's "Shot on iPhone 6" advertising campaign. It is pretty much everywhere in San Francisco, not surprising that Apple ...

Bloomberg: Google set to announce standalone photo service at I/O 2015
According to sources for Bloomberg, Google is set to announce an "an online picture sharing and storage service" separate of Google+. This isn't ...