Spreadsheet component for use in Delphi VCL 2010

Good day
  I have been using the Flexcel component for reading and writing Excel spreadsheets
in my Delphi VCL projects for some while and have been very happy. Unfortunately,
though, a version for use with Excel 2007 format files (.XLSX) has been promised
for years now but just never arrives and I have reached a stage where I just
have to update some of my software. Can any body suggest alternatives and
comment on their experience with these? I have no objection to buying a component
although all my programs are for academic use by myself and colleagues/friends
so cheaper would be better. I have no interest in going the OLE route as
not everybody has Excel on their computer.

Thanks
   Bruce
0
bruce

Bruce

I don't know if Mike's stuff copes with xlsx but have a look on http://www.scalabium.com/

You'd need (I think) both the import and export suite but they're reasonably priced and well supported.

Roy Lambert
1
Roy
2/5/2011 8:43:13 AM
Hello,

> I don't know if Mike's stuff copes with xlsx but have a look on
> http://www.scalabium.com/
TSMExportToXLSX component allow to export the dataset to Excel 2007/2010
TSMImportFromXLS component and TMSExcelX class supports the xlsx-files too

--
With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
http://www.scalabium.com
On 2011-02-05 06:10:57 -0500, Mike Shkolnik <shkolnik@scalabium.com> said:

> Hello,
>
>> I don't know if Mike's stuff copes with xlsx but have a look on
>> http://www.scalabium.com/

> TSMExportToXLSX component allow to export the dataset to Excel 2007/2010
> TSMImportFromXLS component and TMSExcelX class supports the xlsx-files too

And where are these XLSX components listed on your site?

--
Kevin Powick
0

www.nika-soft.com

Just released support for xlsx!
0
Rael
2/6/2011 3:29:32 PM
> {quote:title=Rael Bauer wrote:}{quote}
> Check
>
> www.nika-soft.com
>
> Just released support for xlsx!

Be careful,

I bought this NativeExcel  2 weeks ago, and paid with PayPal.
- It was NEVER delivered
- I escalated it to their sales and support departments, and eventually to Digital River and PayPal.

They never delivered the software, and NEVER even responded to ANY email sent!

HotXLS seems to be the exact same software (if you compare the help files), which I also bought.
So there is some scam going on here!
0
Pieter
8/21/2011 7:31:26 AM
Dear Mr Pieter Viljoen,
I'm from NikaSoft and first of all I want to say that we are not a scamming company and we started to develop NativeExcel in 2004.
HotXLS is the exact same software because it is our NativeExcel library which was stolen by guys from loslab.
0
Andriy
8/29/2011 7:12:56 AM
You can easily check our history and history of loslab using any web archive service like  [wayback.archive.org|http://wayback.archive.org/]
Also I want to say that we sent a lot of emails to you and it seems that there's something wrong with your email server and we cannot contact you by email.
0
Andriy

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

12.1.20 how to build using latest TMS components & TMS html5 components in Delphi 2010
There are some installation issues that can be easily worked around.... 1) missing iw12tmsd2010se.groupproj from latest tms pro script edition release 2) missing iw12tmsded2010.dproj/dpk just take iw11 version , rename , change all iw11 refs to iw12 , and 110_140 to 120_140 3) iw12tmsxlsd2010.dpk and iw12tmsxlsd2009.dpk require IW11tmsgridd20** bpls edit .dpk to fix 4) iwtmsbase,iwtmscalulatinglabel,wisidenavbar,iwexchangebar,iwadvselector ..pas files use system.UITYPES This is not a delphi 2010 unit. removed and all refs built... 5) IW html5base uses system.UI...

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

How to fix the position of the component tool bar in Delphi 2010 ? [Edit]
Hello, How is it possible to fix the position of the component tool bar in Delphi 2010 ? Each time that I start Delphi 2010, the component tool bar is located on the right side of the menu + icons bar. So, I need to move it below the icons bar in order to see all the components of each page. I stored the IDE GUI configuration but the position of the component tool bar is not stored. Is there a key in the registery to store this position? Didier Edited by: Didier LOZAC'H on Oct 28, 2009 2:21 AM On 10/28/2009 2:22 AM, Didier LOZAC'H wrote: > Each time that I start...

Actuall thread about vcl classes / components in C++ for use with delphi...
Hi All, I wanted to follow the topic that appears as a 'sub-thread' above... suspecting it would die... I'm sure many of us are interested in this topic. ( by 'sure' I mean absolutely certain...) It also brings to my mind the question, does anyone know of any references for us semi-delphi-literate C++ programmers that would like to read/write/modify delphi stuff? Thanks Everyone, (you know who you are... B) Bruce ...

Using TTrayIcon Component in BDS 2006 in Delphi 2010 [Edit]
This message is no longer available. ...

Tell us about your favorite tools and components you use with Delphi Prism
We'd like your opinion on the best add-ons, tools, and component sets that you use with Delphi Prism, Delphi, and C++Builder. We'll use the information to highlight some of our users' favorite products on our web site in the coming months. Tell us about your favorites here: Delphi Prism - http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=u0MuvK9Qikvc97_2bzA4W1QA_3d_3d Delphi - http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=GBvpD4z7nfeovw53WM5_2bYw_3d_3d C++Builder - http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=UAw1LpTD5xe6u3BeEg1qsA_3d_3d Thanks, Tim ----- Tim Del Chiaro Embarcadero Te...

Delphi 2010 Uses Clause Does Not Auto Update When Adding Components to Form
For no reason my Delphi 2010 IDE has developed a bug. When I drop a button or label onto the form the uses clause does not automatically get updated with StdCtrls. This happens with all components. Anytime I drop a component on a form the uses clause doesn't updated with the new units. I have rebooted my machine, didn't work. I have gone into Add Remove Programs and did a repair, didn't work. How do I get the IDE to work properly when I drop components onto forms? Michael Riley wrote: > For no reason my Delphi 2010 IDE has developed a bug. When I drop a > button or...

Can anyone recommend a package/component to use Sqlite in Delphi 2010
Hi I moved from Lazarus/FPC where I used Zeoslib with Sqlite databases which worked great, no dependencies except 1 dll,small exe, and no bloat. Having decided to do the decent thing I bought Delphi 2010 PRO, as opposed to using one of the millions of Delphi versions off the internet. Unfortunately I have not been able to install the latest Zeoslib releases although they claim to work with Delphi 2010. I have tried SqlitePass which looks promising but again no install with Delphi 2010. If anyone could suggest how to embed sqlite into Dephi 2010 I would be extremely grateful. Would it no...

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 with support for Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010!
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 has been released. What's new in version 4.23 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2010 Win32 and C++Builder 2010!!! What's new in version 4.22 ? ====================== - Included printable Developer's Guide in PDF format (227 pages)!!! - TXQRGrid is ready for using with QuickReport 5.0x for Delphi 2009 - Improved Calculator adjusted to InplaceEditor font style and size - Improved Calendar adjusted to InplaceEditor f...

ANN: New version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 with support for Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010!
Dear Developers, I'm pleased to announce the new version of X-DBGrid Component 4.23 and X-Files Components 4.23 has been released. What's new in version 4.23 ? ====================== - Package for Delphi 2010 Win32 and C++Builder 2010!!! What's new in version 4.22 ? ====================== - Included printable Developer's Guide in PDF format (227 pages)!!! - TXQRGrid is ready for using with QuickReport 5.0x for Delphi 2009 - Improved Calculator adjusted to InplaceEditor font style and size - Improved Calendar adjusted to InplaceEditor f...

Web resources about - Spreadsheet component for use in Delphi VCL 2010 - embarcadero.delphi.tools

Spreadsheet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A spreadsheet is a computer application with tools that increase the user's productivity in capturing, analyzing, and sharing tabular data sets ...

Spreadsheet Templates for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Spreadsheet Templates on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

I Love Spreadsheets - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore CraigMoulding's photos on Flickr. CraigMoulding has uploaded 3605 photos to Flickr.

Excel 97 Easter Egg - Turn Your Spreadsheet Into a Space Sim - YouTube
Yes, an easter egg in the most boring application of all time: Excel. When the easter egg starts, you're shown a outer-space 3D environment where ...

Sex between the spreadsheets: quick tips to reinvigorate the daily grind
... are from Venus. That’s even more of a given (but don’t say so because you know how they overreact). And the darkly hilarious marriage spreadsheet ...

A Husband Sent His Wife This Spreadsheet Of All The Times She Rejected Him For Sex
A husband fed up with his wife rejecting his sexual advances kept a spreadsheet of all of the excuses she gave him – and it has ended up on the ...

Sex and trouble between the spreadsheets
... are from Venus. That's even more of a given (but don't say so because you know how they overreact). And the darkly hilarious marriage spreadsheet ...

I'm not a spreadsheet with hair. It's me. I'm here: pop royalty Lorde
A couple of weeks ago I was up on a stage. This is not particularly wild news - I'm on stages pretty often. This stage in particular was long ...

Brekkie Wrap: Newtown killer had death spreadsheet; Hillary Clinton backs gay marriage
WHILE you were sleeping reports emerged that the Sandy Hook shooter kept a huge spreadsheet of mass murders and was determined to get the highest ...

How do you keep track of your dating life? Is this 'dating spreadsheet' creepy?
A lovelorn finance worker has learned the hard way that if you need a spreadsheet to keep track of all the women you're dating, it's best not ...