Problem using InstallAware 7 CodeGear Special Edition with Delphi 2010 [Edit]

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create an installation disk for my delphi 2010 application using the installAware that kind of comes with Delphi 2010.
When I try to built it, it keeps giving me the error message:-

No files matching pattern "C:\Windows\system32\\*120.bpl"

and when I look into my windows\system32 folder, there the files with extension *.bpl end with *140.bpl and not *120.bpl like it was expected.

Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong or how I can get around this.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: Tat Hon Chu on Dec 3, 2009 12:55 AM
0
Tat

> {quote:title=Tat Hon Chu wrote:}{quote}
> Hi Everyone,
>

> I am trying to create an installation disk for my delphi 2010 application using the installAware that kind of comes with Delphi 2010.
> When I try to built it, it keeps giving me the error message:-
>
> No files matching pattern "C:\Windows\system32\\*120.bpl"
>
> and when I look into my windows\system32 folder, there the files with extension *.bpl end with *140.bpl and not *120.bpl like it was expected.
>
> Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong or how I can get around this.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Edited by: Tat Hon Chu on Dec 3, 2009 12:55 AM

Delphi 2010 is version 14, so you should expect *140.bpl.  Any *120.bpl packages are from Delphi 2009.

--
Regards
Bruce McGee
Bruce McGee wrote:

> Delphi 2010 is version 14, so you should expect *140.bpl.  Any *120.bpl packages are from Delphi 2009.

Yes we should - the problem seems to be that InstallAware Special
Edition bundled with Delphi 2010 does not care about us, and expects
something else:

 >> {quote:title=Tat Hon Chu wrote:}{quote}
 >> When I try to built it, it keeps giving me the error message:-
 >> No files matching pattern "C:\Windows\system32\\*120.bpl"

InstallAware should look for *140.bpl, not *120.bpl

Cheers,
--
Michael Justin
SCJP, SCJA
Tat Hon Chu wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong or how I can get around this.

I don't know how fast a fix will be available but you can report it in
Quality Central:

http://qc.embarcadero.com/

Michael
0
Michael
12/3/2009 6:23:50 PM
> {quote:title=Michael Justin wrote:}{quote}
> InstallAware should look for *140.bpl, not *120.bpl

I don't use InstallAware, so I can't speak to that, but it sounds like a pretty big boo boo.  :)

--
Regards
Bruce McGee
> {quote:title=Bruce McGee wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Michael Justin wrote:}{quote}
> > InstallAware should look for *140.bpl, not *120.bpl
>
> I don't use InstallAware, so I can't speak to that, but it sounds like a pretty big boo boo.  :)
>
> --
> Regards
> Bruce McGee
> Glooscap Software

Sounds like I should move away from InstallAware from the time being...
Any suggestion to what I should use?
I'm trying Inno Setup with ISTool but can't get it to work yet?
Particularly, I am not sure what files to include in my installation, packages, runtime as stuff...
my application is using dbExpress to connect to MS SQL and I've used some LMD component too....

Thanks in advance.
0
Tat
12/4/2009 3:09:46 AM
> {quote:title=Tat Hon Chu wrote:}{quote}
> Sounds like I should move away from InstallAware from the time being...
> Any suggestion to what I should use?
> I'm trying Inno Setup with ISTool but can't get it to work yet?
> Particularly, I am not sure what files to include in my installation, packages, runtime as stuff...
> my application is using dbExpress to connect to MS SQL and I've used some LMD component too....

Maybe.  I don't use it, so I can't really comment on how good or bad it is.

I'd probably try contacting the authors to see if there's an easy fix before making any big changes, though.

--
Regards
Bruce McGee

Ed Dressel
0
Ed
12/4/2009 10:58:00 PM
Bruce McGee wrote:

> Delphi 2010 is version 14, so you should expect *140.bpl.  Any *120.bpl packages are from Delphi 2009.

On a sidetrack, but what is the VERxxx number used for {$ifdef verxxx}
switch. It reminds me that VER140 is Delphi 2006, but testing ver150,
ver160, ver170 and ver180 gave no response when testing if a unit was
removed from compile list. the component mentioned is a commercial D2006
component so it should be excluded from compiling in my test bench
having Turbopower Async pro talking to my datalogger through RS-232 port
and whether the 2010 version works still correctly when sending chars or
strings (the equiptment was constructed more than 10 years ago, but
still work nicely as prototype and as research tool. Unicode support is
a future task in next version :-)
0
Alf
12/8/2009 10:04:04 PM
Alf Christophersen wrote:

> Bruce McGee wrote:
>
> > Delphi 2010 is version 14, so you should expect *140.bpl.  Any
> > *120.bpl packages are from Delphi 2009.
>
> On a sidetrack, but what is the VERxxx number used for {$ifdef
> verxxx} switch. It reminds me that VER140 is Delphi 2006, but testing
> ver150, ver160, ver170 and ver180 gave no response when testing if a
> unit was removed from compile list. the component mentioned is a
> commercial D2006 component so it should be excluded from compiling in
> my test bench having Turbopower Async pro talking to my datalogger
> through RS-232 port and whether the 2010 version works still
> correctly when sending chars or strings (the equiptment was
> constructed more than 10 years ago, but still work nicely as
> prototype and as research tool. Unicode support is a future task in
> next version :-)

See http://delphi.wikia.com/wiki/CompilerVersion_Constant

For D2010 it is VER210. The quickest way to figure out the version is
to start a command shell, navigate to the Delphi BIN folder of the
version you want to check, and run

 dcc32 | more

This gives you the compiler version (21.0 for D2010) and you just have
to remove the dot.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :

Bruce McGee wrote < I'd probably try contacting the authors >

Has you seen this in the IA forum ?

< Because InstallAware doesn't make a dime from this bundling, our agreement with CodeGear is that they are required to support the product.
Michael Nesmith
InstallAware >

What a **** !  Don't suppose that it has occurred to him that if they supported the product properly, they might just sell a few upgrades.
0